Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The liberation of new Diaxion- operation: horned owl ( one spot open.)

Vae Victis

It has been four long months since new Diaxion was attacked by the terrorist army known as the N.M.G.A. ( new mechanized generation army). This group is funded, lead, and organized solely by a pony known only as Flare, who stated that his purpose in life was the destruction of the " weaker, unevolved flesh". his army first sprung up in new Diaxion approximately 5 months ago, attacked the city, and took it. Now flare is using the city as a base to fuel his operations and create more mechanized units. The base where he forms his plans and the manufacturing plant are well hidden within the city. The equestrian army and new Diaxion elite police force have formed the new Diaxion angels, a strike force comprised of the best of the best. The equestria army has also been working on special, 8ft mechs to help combat flare's army. However, they are only there as distraction and support. The angel strike team is what penetrated deep into enemy lines and accomplishes important objectives. Our story begins with the angel team in a convoy heading into the city. The army has started the attack on new Diaxion and are trying to take part of it back to establish a base in the area. The convey is going to drop the angels off on a freeway that leads into the metropolitan area of the city. Take it back, and commander rezan can land his unit, make a makeshift base, and plan on what to do next. The liberation of new Diaxion will be a long and grueling campaign, but one that could once again lead to peace and stability. Fight hard. Operation horned owl: commence.

-------------------------------

RP: begin.

Tyrias was reading a small, pocket sized book, entitled, " inferno ". His favorite. He might as well, seeing as though he might not get to read for awhile, or maybe even never again. This was a new enemy. Not one of flesh, but one of machinery. And he knew all too well. During the second month of the invasion of new Diaxion, he was sent in to fight back along with a platoon of solidiers. They did not expect much of a fight, and it cost them dearly. At the time, their weapons weren't fit to fight this new mechanical threat. It was a massacre that tyrias and only a few others survived. Due to the I.C.E. that he attained ( initial contact experience) along with leadership qualities and capabilities, was chosen for the angels. Still, they knew of his obtained physical defect... Why would they choose him? It would only slow the group down. But oh well. He'd contribute his best and would make flare pay for the destruction of new Diaxion. He put up his book and took out his 2 pistols. Both had inscriptions on them. One was " saint " and the other was " sinner ". He loved his Cherished .45 pistols very much. He inspected them, and made sure the firing mechanism worked. When he finished, he put them away in their holsters and looked around at the rest of the angels strike force in the convoy. It was a very diverse group. He kept silent, only speaking when spoken to. They were going into the metropolitan area. The objective was to kill the enemy lieutenant and clear out the hostiles in the area along with the new specialized mechs, being dropped into the city by airship. The convoy was nearing the destination. If the others had anything to say, they would need to say it now.

Edited by Dirge of souls

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asteron sat in silence as the convoy approached it's destination. He preferred it that way, enjoying the calm before the storm. He checked his weapons to make sure everything was in order, despite having already done so twice before. It never hurts to be careful, though, and this was an enemy where any small mistake or oversight could get not just him, but the whole group, killed.

Judy sat adjacent to Asteron. Judy as always kept quiet just before a mission. She looked at her cloaking device which was firmly wrapped around her forehoof. Although the amount of time to be invisible was limited to 60 seconds, it does come in handy in tight situations. Moving her hoof away from her face she grabbed her sheathed sword and placed it upon her lap and rested her hoofs on top. Then she closed her eyes and leaned her head back as she awaited for the convoy to reach its destination.

Gareth was sitting there in the convoy, awaiting orders. Even though he knew what needed to be done, he didn't know what was waiting for him, or if they decided to change his orders this time. He was inspecting his blade, making sure the heating mechanism was still functioning and that the cloaking device was secured properly. Don't want that coming off now, do I. Turning to Judy, Gareth spoke. "So, you must be Judy then. The name's Gareth Barskovska." He held out his claw, covered in the jet black suit, for a hoof-shake.

"...And the amount of enemy soldiers?" Howard, the groups medic, stammered. The nervous tension was clear in his voice. He was familiar with robotics and automatons, Only just not the kind that would purposely kill you. 'Knowing your enemys weaknesses was half the battle.' Along with taking action -he added to his father's teachings-.

"I... Can you quickly brief me again tri?"

Edited by Neutrino

Comet sat with his 50 caliber rifle taking up three seats next to him, and his tank rifle in three peices the other side. He looked over at the deathskulker. He admired their class, but felt he was better off as sniper. He took off his right shoulder pad and began etching a pair of wings with his knife. "Never thought I'd actually be one of the ponies fighting the first cybernetic war... A member of the angels. Angel Starflash, I like the sound of that."

Tyrias overheard starflash and chuckled a bit. He would decide to break away from his quiet nature and make an acquaintance with everyone here. " haha, indeed. I don't think anyone here expected to be fighting this war, but here we are. I was going to save it for when we got closer, you know, let us have our calm before the storm, but I guess now is as good a time as any. Our primary objective right now is to use the diversion being created by the military and elite police task forces to get deep into the metropolitan area of the city, and take out a model S-072 lieutenant model of mech. It is serving as the hive mind for all of the automatons in the area, keeping their strategy data for them. We destroy that automaton, we send them into a tizzy and they will be much easier to kill. Be warned, until we destroy it, they will act as if they had flesh and blood minds when it comes to war. Expect them to have their own formations and methods of attack. After the fighting has settled down, we will establish a makeshift base here and commander rezan will come to direct our forces. While most of the NMGA forces are taking on army forces on the eastern outskirts of the city, we are coming in through the south. Freeway 72 is where we are going. There is a small enemy force conglomerating there to make sure no one gets through. Our objective is to punch through on foot as they have set road mines all over the place. Debris from skyscrapers and destroyed and abandoned vehicles will be our cover. Once through, we will take an exit ramp and fight the small guard forces all the way to the middle. Now. We are a team. As far as I'm concerned, we are blood. We protect each other. I don't know any of you that well yet, but I can already tell that you all are worth giving my life to protect. Now. The soldier at the end is a scribe and will be recording our beginning and end statuses on this operation. Be sure to include name, class, equipment, major body alterations like modified limbs, and equipment. "

The driver looked back and yelled " 10 minutes till hot zone is reached!"

Tyrias looked and noded, then turned back to the angel team. " to develope a bit of trust, tell everyone a little secret about yourself. Like as for me.... I have a slightly dysfunctional left lung from a wound when new Diaxion was first invaded. Non fatal, but I will cough blood from time to time. Now you all go. You don't have to say if you don't want to."

"Ah, now!" The doctor begins "I used to work in an 'ol grimy factory before I started my training. I'm probably the least prepared out of us all -hey- I can fire a gun... but I guess i'm mostly here because I have a knack keeping things alive. If you need fixing, i'm your guy." He announces with a thin smirk of honesty. Relived that at least the teams captain was confident.

I godda be the lamest ass soldier here. I can't even aim at fish in a storage cylindrical. Um... Barrel... yeah that's it.

However, he still feared the battle ahead. He knew how deadly efficient cyborgs could be. Like ants. Crawling. Consuming. Expanding.

Gareth was sitting there in the convoy, awaiting orders. Even though he knew what needed to be done, he didn't know what was waiting for him, or if they decided to change his orders this time. He was inspecting his blade, making sure the heating mechanism was still functioning and that the cloaking device was secured properly. Don't want that coming off now, do I. Turning to Judy, Gareth spoke. "So, you must be Judy then. The name's Gareth Barskovska." He held out his claw, covered in the jet black suit, for a hoof-shake.

Judy quickly opened her eyes and looked down at the hoof extended over to her. She politely took her hand from the sheath of her blade and and planted her hoof in his. 

"Pleasure to meet you."

Judy then returned her hand to its original position and sat up straighter than she had been just a few minutes ago. Her attention arose at the sound of the pilot coming over the intercom.

Speaking under her breath "Great, I cant wait." Then looking over to Gareth she stated "Well, this will be interesting with our lil group we have here."

Comet grunts. "In my opinion trust is EARNED with ACTIONS, not words. But if you see fit to tell secrets, fine." He lifts the light armour from his flank and shows a deep slash scar. "You think I didn't feel that in the morning." He puts the armour back on and begins assembling his weapon. Once he finishes he begins placing bullets in a magazine one by one.

Asteron shrugged. "A secret about myself? Well, when I first joined the army I lied about my age to get in. They couldn't tell because I don't think they'd ever actually seen a minotaur before, and I think they were kind of scared of me, to be honest. Of course, my commanding officer found out pretty quickly, but he kept it a secret because he knew I would be a good soldier. After twenty years of service, I think I proved him right."

"So you'd be our action guy." Howard coughs at the bulky creature, having rarely seen one before. The quick remark made Howard feel more comfortable, but he didn't want to irritate anypony. Just be on the tips of his hooves..."And c'mon be a little loose!" Wavering a leg at the too serious sniper.

Even the pilots reminder didn't stop Howard think that it was going to be a long, long ride.

Edited by Neutrino

Neuro sat comfortably and un-soldier like in the upper seat of the humongous blue/black/white he was in. He had built the entire damn thing himself, and he'd made sure that the seats were comfy as hell when he had put it together. He scratched his chin while listening through the live mic communications that were built in his mech at the boasty, stiff soldiers contemtuously, nearly bored. When their 'captain' explained the strategy, he thought of something.

He spoke into his headset: "Captain... I was wondering, why don't we hack the brain-mech so we can control the automatic soldiers ourselves? I have the equipment in this baby, so I suppose we could give it a shot and blow it up anyways when it doesn't work." He said. He sighed and added "Just my idea..." He then remembered that he should say something for the log. He flicked on audio recording and started talking "Right, mech unit Neuro and Lon, I like to call this baby Omnine." He said as he tapped on the side of it, where the name 'OMNINE' was displayed in white letters. "As to something silly about myself... You could say I am way too young to even be here... But that's only the way it looks, don't let your eyes deceive you..." He said with a chuckling..

Lon was not paying attention to the conversation as he walked around the mech checking it before they went to battle. "Ammo capacity is full, so is the mini fission tesla reactor. No damages, everything clean..." He mumbled to himself as he walked around the folded up mech above the drop hatch. "We're set Neuro!" He said out loud when he was done, and he climbed into the lower seat, in the chest, where he'd control the mechs weaponry. After all, Neuro couldn't aim for shit, so he had to do it. Neuro, who sat in the top seat, laughed at Lon. "All aim no brain, right Lon?" He snickered. "You stick to all brain no aim then..." He snitched back at Neuro, who waved his hands as if he had touched something hot and grinned. "Buuurn" he whispered as he started checking his own pilot pod as well as Lon.

"We ready?" He asked the captain through his mic.

Edited by Scribblegroove

@comet starflash

Tyrias noded slowly. " so you have old war wounds too... And I understand about actions speaking louder than words. However, if rezan put you on this team, I'd assume that you're already trustworthy. He's a good pony. There are very few instances where I'd question his judgement."

@alex Kennedy

Tyrias looked over at asternon and smiled. " and I'm glad you did. You seem like a great ally. It's nice to have you on board with the team." Tyrias gazed at everyone. " that goes for everyone here as well. Everyone has something great they can contribute to the team."

Tyrias looked at the scribe, and signaled him to stand up. It's about 7 minutes to the hot zone now. Tyrias stood with him. " the scribe will make a video log of your beginning operation documentation. Look at the camera, and state the information that applies."

The scribe trotted to tyrias and turned on the camera. He filmed as tyrias gave the nescescary information.

" name: Tyrias Nero. Class: gunslinger. Rank: captain. Equipment: two custom .45 autos, single layered Kevlar vest, 5 extra clips of ammo, and a small copy of " inferno ". Body modifications: none. Body anomalies: weakened left lung. Permanent. Non fatal and non terminal.

The scribe stopped filming tyrias.

Scribe- " okay, who wants to be next?"

Tyrias sat back down.

"Ugh, lets get this over with. Name: Comet Starflash. Class: sniper. Rank: corporal Equipment: 50 caliber long-range rifle-4 extra clips, 20mm solartherm anti tank rifle-8 bullets total, light kevlar, multi-purpose cybernetic shin pads x2. Body modifications: slightly enhanced skeletal structure to back legs and hip. Body anolamies: scar to back left flank, but nothin' slowing me down."

Edited by Comet Starflash

Neuro sighed at the thought of having to record himself. He flicked on the record button and sent the stream directly to the scribe.

"Right, you rollin'? Good. Name's neuro, class is the bloody mechomaniac, obviously. Rank? I don't know, how does young genius prodigy sound? Equipment. Let's see... Microfusion energy generator, pneumatic limb mobility configuration, harpoon gun, giant rifle, carpet bomb grenades, giant super heated combat knife, tesla coil bullet deflection and emp blasts... Think that is about it... Oh, and a pair of epic sunglasses, righ Lon?" He spoke to the camera.

Lon didn't react as he was configuring the weaponry.

"Right. Body modifications? Don't think so... Body anomalies. Extremely handsome, obviously" He said jokingly. "And I have this weird brain tumor called 'intelligence'. Not a whole lot of ponies have it. It's quite unique..." He added sneering at the camera. He loved fooling around like this.

(I added a few things to what the mech had, but it's not really important, I'll make sure it's not OP. It just sounds way cooler :3)

Edited by Scribblegroove

Moonlight Fire blinked at the ponies surrounding her, setting her medical equipment on her lap. As everybody told secrets about themselves, the anti-social pony rolled her eyes. Moonlight didn't really have many secrets...or at least any that needed to be told. "Secret? I don't like hugs. Or being touched at all for that matter. I'm not a huge fan of conversations either," she narrowed her eyes and yawned. I probably sound like an irritable pony, huh? Well, that's what I am, she thought to herself.

"Name: Dr. Howard Maneison.

Class: medic.

Equipment: Desert eagle 36 rounds(with grip and hyper-heating modifications) standard armor, two medkits, two adrenaline shots, one micro defibrillator, goggles and five packs of gum.

Augmentations: Nope. Never.

Body anomalies: Impaired vision. Specialized goggles required." Howard conducted, tapping his aid gently.

Asteron was used to this sort of thing by now. "Name: Asteron. Class: Soldier. Rank: Equestrian Army Captain- on inaugural mission with the Angles. Equipment: M16A2 rifle with four extra clips, battle-axe with heated edge and anti-armor modifications, and Dragonskin combat armor- no personal items. Body modifications: none. Body anomalies: various scars on chest and arms, white star-shaped birth mark often mistaken for a large burn scar, no major anomalies to speak of."

Gareth turned to the scribe, and started to speak clearly, his accent still thick as ever. "Name: Gareth Barskovska. Class: Deathskulker. Rank: I honestly have no clue. I was a guard, and now I'm here. Equipment: one super-heated Falcata, one Desert Eagle with two extra clips, Kevlar weave body suit, cloaking device and a hip-flask still full of vodka. Body modifications: enhanced limbs, designed for speed, strength is just a side effect. Body anomalies: scar over left eye." Jeez, do they really have to go through with this? It's not like it's the first time any of us have done this. Gareth reached down to his hip-flask and took a swig. "Anyone have more vodka? I think I'm going to need it."

"Great, I'm sure I'm going to get along just fine with this team..." Comet said sarcastically. "A bunch of immature kids, drunken alcoholics, a captain who likes to tell secrets and a big guy who should be retired and in a home. How greatly chosen this team is..." Comet said, rolling his eyes, crossing his front legs and leaning back in his seat.

"Hey! It ain't all that bad" Howard reassured Comet. "Y'know they would only send us in if they were completely confident."Exclaimed the doctor, patting his shoulder. 'Unless they really are that desperate. This team is a knock off...' he kept that last thought to himself however. "How long 'till we reach drop point?" Howard asked impatiently. He was anxious. And quite frankly, scared.

"Great, I'm sure I'm going to get along just fine with this team..." Comet said sarcastically. "A bunch of immature kids, drunken alcoholics, a captain who likes to tell secrets and a big guy who should be retired and in a home. How greatly chosen this team is..." Comet said, rolling his eyes, crossing his front legs and leaning back in his seat.

Neuro heard the changeling complain about their team setup through the communication system and he could relate. "Come now, my dear. Surely you have a huge amount of faith in out leadership, and you can also completely trust the morons behind the setup of this mission..." He said sarcasticly. "I mean come now, we aren't soldiers! We are mercenaries... We don't fight like an army does, and we shouldn't be deployer as one..." He joined in on the mocking. "A hit squad of mentally unstable crazed gunmen, that's what we are... And I love it!" He laughed. He did realise that this team was actually quite excellently put together... He just like joking around figuratively poking people in their open wounds, blazing up the fire a little, so he could the watch the result of usually quite a violent argument...

"Whatever man. I read your file, heard you can't shoot for shit. I could nail you right between the eyes if I wanted to, and you wouldn't even know what was coming or where it was coming from before it's too late. Your pal, though I can relate to. I actually feel bad for him, he actually has to put up with you all the time." He said. He then took out his earpiece and tucked it in a pocket on his belt.

"Really? No one here is unstable! ... I think... Just look at this positively guys!" he said, head quickly turning to catch both reactions. He wasn't picking sides, He hoped that Neuro wasn't a born shit-stirer: the team didn't need one of them. The TEAM didn't need any more problems. Howard could see a good day between a bad day as soon as he gets up. Today was one of them bad days.

Edited by Neutrino