Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The liberation of new Diaxion- operation: horned owl ( one spot open.)

Vae Victis

Pointing the barrel once more, stern faced, sweat beads rolling.

Built-in crosshair targeting system loading, loaded, aiming...

*BANG! BANG! ... BAH-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG!*

All seven bullets fire sequentially and find their way into each separate bot. "Awww shiiiiee!" He squeals in celebration. It was the first time something ~conscious~ had been shot by him. 'Now I'm a machine.'

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comet struggled to get up, hitting the ground like a ragdoll from that height had seriously hurt his body and made it extremely painful to move. He stood up, in plain sight and with no cover and slowly started to walk toward some cover, bullets spraying at the vulnerable changeling. He was so dizzy and in pain from the fall that he became completely oblivious to what was going on around him.

Tyrias came out from cover and pulled out " saint ". With both guns in hand, he shot down four of the automatons, hitting anywhere from the chest up. He slowly pushed up toward the outpost, where at least 10 remained. He hid behind a destroyed SUV and took potshots at the enemy. He nailed another one right in the left visual receptor, and ducked down again. " everyone! Status! If able, rush the outpost! There are only nine left! Comet! They are packed tight! We're going to need you to drop some of them for us!" He took another potshot, and hit one in the arm.

@,

Asteron nodded. "Right behind you sir!" He rushed forward and ended up taking cover behind another trashed car a short ways ahead of Tyrias. Seeing them grouped close together, he leaned out of cover and sprayed assault rifle fire at them, taking down three before their fire forced him back into cover.

"Packed you say?" Neuro chuckled. "Lon?" He said. Lon knew what ge he wanted. "Frag mortar, got it..." Neuro grinned. "Ladies and gentlemen, please stand back, we're going to fire some heavy explosives at the enemy..." He said.

They stopped fireing, slowly turned and ran for the nearest bit of cover... "Get ready and get out!" After wich he flicked on the target system and aimed for the group of robots. "ARRIVDECHI!" He screamed as he shot the mortar at the enemy from the shoulder mounted gun of the mech.

Edited by Scribblegroove

Gareth winced with pain, reaching for his hip-flask to soothe the pain. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just give me a minute. So, I was the first wounded? Hopefully I'm the last." He took a swig from the flask and placed it back. He tried his limb, seeing how much weight he could put on it. He winced, but he managed to put most of his weight on the injured leg. "Thanks doc." He headed back, behind everyone, waiting for an opportune time to strike from the shadows.

Moonlight nodded, taking a breath. 'I need to be faster' she chided herself, before swiftly racing from behind the rubble. "Get to the outpost, get to the outpost," she gritted her teeth, ducking her head as bullets shot past her. One skimmed the top of her ear, leaving a large gash, but the Mare refused to stop as she neared the outpost.

The mortar had helped to clear out most of the outpost remnants, and pretty much decimated the small, makeshift structure. Only one remained crawling, only to be stopped by tyrias, who planted a hoof on its back and kept it from crawling. He spoke to the machine, knowing that flare would hear him through the audio receptors. " guess which ghost came back to haunt you flare? That's right. The ghost of a sinning saint. You'll pay for slaying my past comrades." After he said this, tyrias shot the automaton, execution style in the head. He called out to the team with his mic. " the outpost has been taken. Good job everyone. Nuero, about that idea to hack the lieutenant bot... If you're sure you can do it, then we can try. And nuero, Lon, go easy on the mortars. Haha save them for a more sizable enemy for-....." Tyrias grabbed his side. Blood started dripping from his mouth. He started breathing hard. The dysfunctional lung was acting up. He wiped away the blood with his hoof. This was a bad time. Coughing. More blood. Soon, the spell stopped, and he was left in a slightly weakend state. " dammit... Not here...." He mumbled to himself. He shook it off, hoping the others didnt see or hear. " as I was saying..." He spoke back into the communicator. " good job team. This was our first combat situation and we came out the winners. The exit ramp is just ahead. Everyone, make for it. And good job. Ahead, there will small forces, as they weren't expecting anyone to come this way. We will have to make our way uptown, by the bridge over the Zanner river. Once through the bridge, the middle of town shouldn't be that hard to get to. Command informed me earlier before the mission that two military jeeps armed with heavy machine guns would be dropped at the end of the exit ramp. They should be arriving any minute. One jeep can hold 3. A gunner, a passenger, and a driver. I'll be driving one of the jeeps. One will have to ride upon nuero and Lon's mech. Are you two okay with that?" He asked as he was stumbling a little towards the exit ramp, not 50 feet from the outpost they just took. " everyone, form up on me. We have alot of work to do."

Comets multi purpose shin pads unfolded into hands, as he started to drag himself along the floor. He struggled to keep his consciousness and, eventually rolled over in the middle of the road and passed out on his back. Breathing heavily, Comet slowly fell into a sleep on the automation covered street.

Tyrias looked back towards the team. In the street, he saw comet unconcious on the ground. He gasped and ran to him. He kneeled beside him and checked his pulse. " okay... Still alive..."

He spoke into the mic and called for the nearby team. " I need a medic! Comet is unconcious!" He then switched comm channels and reported the event.

" this is tyrias Nero, captain of the angels squad. We have an unconcious squad mate. Tending to him now. Expect slight mission delays."

He yelled out. " I need a medic!"

Howard noticed a distant cry. realising the other doctor was occupied, he slung his trusty pack and trotted in the direction of the shout for help. "Ah crap..." he panted angrily. "What happened tri?!" 'ok... You've done this a million times before...

Pulse, airways, breathing...' he mentally annotated, aiming his full on sprint at the two. "This doesn't look good." He told himself whilst almost jumping onto Comet.

Comet regains consciousness for a few seconds, just long enough to pull 'Saint' from the captains holster and shoot a reconnaissance drone straight through the central core processing systems. He then collapses back down and lets the gun go as he loses consciousness again.

"Oh... He... He'll be fine sir." Howard implies, passing the metal back to him (holding the barrel end). While retrieving the relic, he doesn't even look a the captain of the team. Perplexed by the sudden gain and loss of consciousness, Howard peels back an eyelid. He shines a bright light at the unchanging pupil. "Never seen this before." 'you tough shit' he adds once noticing the peppering of scratches and marks. Now he'd get to see the fellah up close. No distractions. Removing his goggles, he scanned the mercenary. He found a tiny, yet significant, hemorrhage in the scull. "He's gonna be fine." he lies.

Howard stared into the once neon cityscape. The dead buildings lay, reliant on electronic dominance. The old inhabitants allowed the automated army to grasp control. Only the routes and ancient-modern architectural carcasses sprawled amongst the horizon line. Many souls lived and died here.

Edited by Neutrino

Comet awoke once more and rolled on to the medic, pinning him and raising his serrated knife in the air, prepared to strike straight to the neck. "Doc it's... It's you... I was gonna... Ugh..." He falls off and loses consciousness again, the knife landing in the dirt just next to Howard's Head.

Howard rolls the war machine away and patts the petrified soil off him. "Actually... We need to preform surgery." 'Damn' echoes around his head. 'gonna be fine my ass'. Howard pulls a thin metal binding out from his armour. Using his gun to bash it against concrete debris, he made a temporary metal straw. The doctor had rudimentary bandages already, and with the combat knife, he slashed them into reasonable strips. Holding comets skull...adjusting the visection angle... "I can't do it"

Edited by Neutrino

" surgery? Here? We are in battlefield situation! Look... That adrenaline shot every medic carries... Not only are they carrying adrenaline, but researchers have recently infused the with medical nanoids that seek out damaged internals and repair them at an astounding rate. Use that on him. But damn... Out one adrenaline shot after the first skirmish.... Looks like this mission will be tougher than imagined."

Two gunships with magnetically attached jeeps soared ahead. They dropped altitude, and unlatched the vehicles and let them land at the end of the exit ramp. They then flew off.

" that's our inquiry. Howard, use that adrenaline shot. That should get him up. Everyone else. To the vehicles. Mount up and lets ride. Remember, their forces may be light on our path, but they will still put up a decent fight." He signaled for the others to come to him.

Apon recieving the shot, Comet's eyes opened, and he takes a huge breath. As the adrenaline gets to work his pupils open wide and he instantly stands up, grabbing his equipment and preparing himself. "Sorry, sir! I will try not to fall out of another building, sir! Permission to ride with the mech, sir!?" The adrenaline had made him extremely wary of his surroundings and made his reflexes significantly faster. It may have also made him the slightest bit hyperactive, his eyes darting around.

"Let's hope this clots that bleed 'o yours" Howard speaks to the unresponsive sniper. Flicking the vascular needle away and pulling a syringe out, Injecting the yellow-green fluid into the back of Comets neck, the doctor then stands back and waits for the drug to kick in. 'You better get up. I'm not going to carry you.' his thoughts remind him how physically weak he is. Speed, wit and intelligence are his allies. Not dragging some meat around.

'Like a cup of coffee... Jeez, Who knew... Hope this lasts at least an hour. *checking the back of the shot* THAT'S A LARGE DOSAGE. Buck. What do the military want to do? Pick the soldiers up or put em down?'

Edited by Neutrino

Moonlight stumbled, breathless, on to the exit ramp. "I....I'm here," the Mare panted, struggling to catch her breath. She had raced here as fast as she could upon hearing somebody needed medical help, but she had been just too far away. Moonlight gently touched the wound on her ear, feeling it wet with blood. She winced as it stung. "We don't have time to bandage it up. I'll just have to hope it doesn't get infected," the medic muttered.

Neuro and Lon approached the group of ponies near the jeeps. "Right, so how are we supposed to keep up with these jeeps. I can turn on hyperdrive, and that would send us flying, but you can say goodbye to our energy resources then..." Neuro said to his mic. Neuro checked the Mech's status. He saw that there were a few damages. "Right, you are all patching up yourselves, so why don't I do the same. Give me about 30 seconds and I will be ready to go." He said as he opened the Hatches. Neuro jumped out, grabbing a backpack along the way. It was filled with mechanical bits. He climbed around the Mech to repair a few vital things.

Lon jumped out as well and approached Moonlight:

@@Moonlight Fire

"Right, so this robot shot straight through our defences. Must've been a lucky shot." He said as he showed her the long deep scratch that the bullet had left behind on his left foreleg. "I could use something to ease the pain, or at least a bandage. The bullet burned the wound shut immediately, so I wont burn to death, but aiming is hard with an arm like this..." He said to her. 

Neuro and Lon approached the group of ponies near the jeeps. "Right, so how are we supposed to keep up with these jeeps. I can turn on hyperdrive, and that would send us flying, but you can say goodbye to our energy resources then..." Neuro said to his mic. Neuro checked the Mech's status. He saw that there were a few damages. "Right, you are all patching up yourselves, so why don't I do the same. Give me about 30 seconds and I will be ready to go." He said as he opened the Hatches. Neuro jumped out, grabbing a backpack along the way. It was filled with mechanical bits. He climbed around the Mech to repair a few vital things.

Lon jumped out as well and approached Moonlight:

@@Moonlight Fire

"Right, so this robot shot straight through our defences. Must've been a lucky shot." He said as he showed her the long deep scratch that the bullet had left behind on his left foreleg. "I could use something to ease the pain, or at least a bandage. The bullet burned the wound shut immediately, so I wont burn to death, but aiming is hard with an arm like this..." He said to her.

Moonlight gently felt the wound on Lon's fore leg, wincing. It definately wasn't a pretty wound, but it was fixable. The Mare unzipped her medical bag and took out another sanatizing wipe, swabbing the wound of any excess blood, before ripping off a long bandage. "That probably stung, sorry," Moonlight shrugged a little, tightly wrapping the bandage before pulling out a bottle of pills.

"These will relieve some of the pain, just chew one. After a few minutes, you might feel a bit whoozy, but you'll be fine," the medic advised, dropping a pill on to Lon's hoof.

Comet walked up to Neuro fixing the mechanical bulk. He slung the rifle over his shoulder and put his metal finger through a bullet hole. "Hey, kid. You got a few holes in her. I can see daylight through this one." He peeks through the hole and sees right through to the other side. "Why don't you get a hammer and ding the dents out, then stick some metal panels over the holes. The way this thing is put together, its seems it was entirely composed of metal scraps, tv cables hooked up to a couple of gaming controllers and two lounge chairs." Comet said with a laugh.

Neuro could appreciate the joke. "You know, I think I'll start with making sure that this miniature fusion reactor doesn't blow us up." He said as he replaced a few parts inside the machine. "The core of it should be ok, but sometimes these snipers get through the deflection system and the armor plating, and I need to fix those damages afterwards." He explianed. He climed out of the Mech's metal intestines and replaced the armor plating. "We should be good now... Who's going to hop on up the top?" He asked as he started to climb to his seat again.

Lon didn't clench a muscle as the medic did her work, so he wouldn't interrupt her, but as soon as she was done he showed his teeth and groaned. "Damn... Thanks doc, should do." He said from under his glasses, and then he threw the medication in his mouth and swallowed.

Edited by Scribblegroove

Comet climbs up the ladder and wraps his foreleg around the top bar. "It's me who's ridin' with you. Just don't go so fast I can't even hold on. That is, IF this thing can go fast at all." He places the rifle over the top of the mech to rest it, to sturdy it when firing with only one hand. "Make sure you keep an eye on Lon. He just took that pill and when he gets drowsy you can bet he will be just as good a shot as you. Maybe if you've got an aim assist system in this hunk of junk now would be the time to use it. Next bunker up, I hear has a few power cables that still work. Maybe you can plug OMNINE in there. Or fill the reactor with hydrogen, wherever you may get it. Command could drop a few cannisters in at the next stop perhaps?"

Neuro looked up at him and grinned "That is deuterium mind you... And no, I don't think OMNINE's advanced circuitry can take the raw electric input from that... But creative thinking though..." He said to him.

Lon looked up as he heard his name. "Aim-assist? You mean bitch control? I need none of that, I'm fine..." He said. He had been trained to not only ignore most moderate kinds of pain, but also the side effects of pain killers if he ever had to take one. He could take the hardest chems and not feel a thing if he wanted to. He climbed back into his seat as well. "So are we leaving or what..." He said.