Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Site was down a few minutes ago...

Evilshy

There was a server problem earlier this morning that had nothing to do with MLP Forums or any of my other sites (other than the fact that it took them offline). Here's a snippet from an email CleverKite sent me about it:

Peter,

Earlier this morning at 10:20am PDT, your node (bcloud) rebooted itself as part of an unexpected feedback loop. Under normal circumstances, this would have only caused downtime of a minute or two as the node comes back online. Unfortunately instead, the node's filesystem rebooted into read-only mode and decided that there were data inconsistencies after the reboot that needed to be processed through a lengthy fsck (filesystem check), during which all customer clouds would be inaccessible.

At this point, we needed to ensure the integrity of all customer data on this node before fully restarting it, which takes time. 26 minutes later at 10:46am PDT, bcloud was brought back online without data loss along with all customer clouds on this node.

We are still investigating the feedback loop that caused the reboot in the first place and will make changes to prevent it from happening again. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused by this outage. These sort of thngs shouldn't be happening here and we're not happy about it.

Sorry, our Twitter has some details...

https://twitter.com/#!/cleverkite

Orien, we all know that unexpected problems can happen, and I thank you for coming here and updating my own community on the downtime, as well as communicating about it so transparently. :)