Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Darkness On The Coast

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@@Charcoal Embers,

Moonlight gasped when Charcoal landed in front of her "just leave me alone already" she said anxiously as she spreaded her wings and flew away as fast as she could right now she didn't feel like dealing wit charcoal she intended to spy on the inqisitors not deal with a lesser demon god.

Charcoal laughed at her attempt to escape. She spread her wings and caught up to her quickly. "Not this time." She grabbed Moonlight's neck and began squeezing, cutting off her oxygen. She waited for her to pass out so she could move on with what she was doing.

@@Charcoal Embers,

Moonlight gagged and gasped for air at least 30 seconds later she passes out breathing heavily luckily enough ponies rarely go into alley ways so she should be at least semi safe while she's unconcious she definitely learned a lesson from this encounter.

(night every pony)

@@Charcoal Embers,

Moonlight gagged and gasped for air at least 30 seconds later she passes out breathing heavily luckily enough ponies rarely go into alley ways so she should be at least semi safe while she's unconcious she definitely learned a lesson from this encounter.

(night every pony)

@

Charcoal chuckles and releases Moonlight, letting her drop to the ground into a heap. Now that she finished that she flew back to the location where she heard the call for her. Once she got back she looked around for a bit trying to find it, also sending out a wave of magic to detect any emotions in anywhere close to her.

@@Charcoal Embers, As you approach, you sense an air of amusement originating from somewhere beneath you- the chamber where the Greater Demon Lord Resh was slowly manifesting. In a suave voice, he began to speak to you. Now, now, there is no need to go strangle one of our helpers because she wouldn't give you a kiss. Now, I have important news for you. If you were to look up, and the cloud cover magically wasn't there, an Inquisition airship would be hovering there, preparing to disgorge its contents down onto the Inquisition headquarters. They come- and I sense that one of them is fostering a particular hatred towards you.

Perhaps this can be taken advantage of, but I need you to... run an errand for me. If you could "collect" the remainder of our little team of ponies and bring them down here, that would be excellent. And, if you're over there, might you alert that plague-spewing idiot Gar'Thon to this fact? he might find it useful. And besides, it lets you know more about the puppets you will be playing with, hmm?

@@Charcoal Embers@@Pripyat Pony,  @@Nomadic@@Frosty V@, @@Moaning Myrtle,

((I remember that intro, Pripyat. XD))

As the airship started to descent, the doors belowdecks opened, and out came the Lord Inquisitor Starlight- an old, grey stallion who was walking with the help of a large staff with a red gem at the top end. "Well, it's good to hear everyone answered quickly." He walked over to the other side carefully, leaving a trail of dark energy that faded after a few seconds. "Let's get this going, then?" He took a step off of the airship almost the moment it stopped moving, revealing a docking port. A few other ponies followed, carrying spare weapons, staves, books, and other supplies with him into the building. He gestured for the rest of you to follow.

@

Charcoal bowed. "My apologies. I didn't know she was an ally. I was just toying with her a bit." Charcoal said before standing back up. "I shall bring her back here for you. And where may I find the others so that I may get started?" Charcoal asked, ready to get started at any moments notice. "And may I add, for an alicorn, she was quite weak."

Caprisha nodded and left the stallion she had been talking to, to follow Lord Inquisitor Starlight. She didn't want to say something she would regret so she followed along behind him without saying a word.

Edited by Charcoal Embers

@

Crimson was bored out of his mind, even with being on his way to a possibly dangerous mission, he still felt like it wasn't going to be a very big challenge. Even as the ship finally landed, and the lord inquisitor gestured for them to follow him, he still felt as if he would get no challenge from this adventure.

Ever since he got married and settled down, Crimson has felt the thirst for a challenge, something to get his blood pumping and his flames roaring, but so far, he's had no such luck. As he followed alongside the other inquisition members, he kept to himself, the brim of his hat pulled low over his face, obscuring his features in shadow, as he drank quietly from a small flask of rum.

((Expect Crimson to be very battle crazy in this one, he's craving a good, strong enemy to fight. Think any demons in this are up for the challenge? Lol))

Edited by ragestar
  • Brohoof 1

Manechilles

Gaha!

With a burst of breath coursing through his once dried lungs, the stallion, Manechilles, breathed in life once more. With eyes burning of fire and rage, he shot himself straight through the tomb that barred him in the deserted landscapes beyond the reaches of the Inquisition and colonization itself. “Grrrrrraaaaaah!” he boomed over the wasteland in a cloud of mighty dust and shroud. As Manechilles broke through the clouds, he stopped himself, breathing heavily and searching the land beneath madly. “Wha-why have I been awoken!?” he roared in anger. Through clinched teeth among the tattered rags and rusted armor he bore, he plummeted back to the ground with a hefty thud of his hooves. Stomping like a deranged beast, Manechilles began to proceed to what he had sensed to be the closest location of life...as the city buildings began to loom on the horizon: Baltimare.

The Sandpony

Long had the promise of the demons’ return loomed in the mind of the corrupted pony who forever hid his face behind the ghoulish mask. The hour glass had turned for centuries...and now, it glowed in crimson blood. Time had finally found it’s place to end. Coarse was his breath, like the rattling of a snake’s tail as the Sandpony moved his scarred, gray hooves to the rack under spotlight that held his suit. The fabric felt smooth to his touch, even though he did not feel. With another strained breath through his mask, he placed the garments over himself and dressed accordingly….Interesting...perhaps an envoy of the lords will come hither...Such has been foreseen.The Sandpony then turned towards the door of his underground library where the skeleton of his father still laid upon the desk. Creaking open, the decrepit stallion deathly push upon the door before entering into the abandoned home that was once his.

@

Jaeger did not look up from the ground to know who had just entered, the voice gave it away, Starlight, one of the only ponies he figured he could trust but had doubts towards. He didn't plan on trusting anypony, except maybe the other stallion from the Black Legion, but he would have to wait and see.

Jaeger rose from his sitting position and started to follow the Lord Inquisitor, being sure to keep his head down not making any eye contact with the rest of his little group. I want this stupid meeting to be over...I want to fight he thought to himself in anger, but quickly pushed it back to the back of his mind. He knew having thoughts like that could lead to utter corruption. 

@, Shadow Star followed on after the Lord Inquisitor. She was looking forward to this meeting, any excitement was good for this mare. Shadow Star was a gambler on everything; life included, and loved to risk everything on one throw of the dice, mainly cuz of her tendency to win against the odds.

~~~

Sanura walked behind, looking askance at some of the others. She didn't think much of the Twilight branch as a whole; they were bookish and Sanura simply didn't get on well enough with other ponies anyway, let alone bookish ponies. She prefered to work alone, but needs must as the devil drives...

Johanna was sitting down on the aircraft,acting as if she was looking at something-somepony.She let out an ungrateful sigh before rubbing her horn,letting a glimpse of sparklg black matter fly off it.She looked foward and said "Do what I tell you to do." She said directly towards Dust,no matter how foolish she sounded.

She watched as the aircraft lowered to the ground,seeing that mostly everybody was already on their way somewhere she quickly examined herself.Her dark brown mane messily flowing down to her shoulders,Her burgandy fur combed,looking presentable enough.She looked down through the window and made a serious face as the aircraft landed onto the grass.

As Johanna stepped out of the aircraft,about to run and join the others,She saw black matter come out of her horn and she suddenly teleported to where the rest of the ponies in the Inquisition were.She faced the leader and blankly said "Johanna,Member of the Twilight-"She said with an empty expression before stopping herself and being quiet,letting her mane fall atop her left eye.She followed the rest of the group

Edited by Moaning Myrtle

Monkshood

@, @@Charcoal Embers

Monkshood was relieved to see the Lord Inquisitor interrupt before he was given any chance, or forced to, to explain himself to such a pony. He recognized the mare. She was clearly from the Twilight Branch, yet he had only seen her a few times in passing. Probably, whilst grouped together with some of the other Inquisitors from the branch. Even within such a structured organization, Monkshood found himself still pursuing a path more of solitary rather than the solidarity many of the other like minds found within it, and while he had found some form of camaraderie, he still preferred his thoughts to what he saw as the dissenting voices of others. He tried to shrug off any of the feelings or preconceptions of the ponies here as he followed the little caravan of supplies off the docking port. Standing beside the rest of his fellow Inquisitors, his face tried to retain a look of calmness about it.

(((Ok, I'll post my intro and then head to bed. Night everypony!)))

Jacob woke up feeling extremely tired. "Well that's what happens when you try to cast a spell that uses more power then you have. Idiot. You could've killed yourself." He berated himself for a moment before looking around. His mouth went agape. "Where in the ausul am I?"

(((he he he. hows that for suspense? I'm conversing with the DM about where to start Jacob...so yeah. Peace every pony! Night!)))

• Brohoof 2

Thunder Shred was performing at Baltimare tonight, which was fairly unusual, as normally steers clear of this part of Equestria. Rumor had it he only came he because he thought that he would be paid better for playing here, but the truth was far more sinister. After the performance, Thunder went back to his hotel. In it, he had a plain looking wooden box. Inside that box was an amulet. An amulet given to him by a Demon Lord to guide him to power. "Tell me, what am I doing here in Baltimare? Why is this hole so important?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers@, @@Frosty V, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Moaning Myrtle, @@Nomadic

((Heck yes I do, ragestar. :D))

As everyone entered the building, Lord Inquisitor Starlight looked at Jaeger sharply before falling in behind him. The assistant lead you to a large, circular room, centered around a large table with a dip in the center of it. after everyone took a seat, Starlight took a breath and began.

"Well, we have had quite the turn of events recently. Although there has been no surges of dark energy in the area, the population has reported many, many instances of disease and plague- almost a fifty percent increase- in the past week. This is screaming the presence of the Greater Demon Lord Gar'Thon, yet we have yet to find any solid evidence- this could just be another epidemic, after all, and while important information..." he trailed off before shaking his head and continuing. "Several law officers have also reported instances of an odd slime in multiple colors in various places around town, most notably the sewers. This, once again, could by itself merely be something else, but with the two together, it's a sign of two of the demon lords- rivals, yes, but rivals with a common goal."

"So, first off, we need to start by looking for more proof. Firstly, Johanna, Monkshood, and myself will be headed over to the hospital. We need to see this disease ourselves. As long as your plague wards are in place, you need not worry about contagion. Second, Jaeger, Crimson, and Sanura, you three will be going down to the sewers. Be on the lookout- we don't know what's down there, whether it be bandits, sewer creatures, or other.. monstrosities. I need a sample of two or three of the different colors of slime for testing. Finally, I need Shadow Star and Caprisha to perform some... patrolling for suspicious characters of sorts. Although their capture is not required- yet- I would at least like to know who we are dealing with."

He took a breath and sighed. "Now, did I miss anyone? Go prepare yourselves and get to know your comrades slightly better. I expect you all to be ready to leave in the next two hours...."

@@Charcoal Embers,

She is not a true alicorn. Perhaps that is why. She specializes in dark magic. But that is off topic. The first one is lying down unconscious right in front of you. The second and third are approaching- one from within the city, one from without. And the fourth is currently holding the amulet that we have given him earlier. I shall call, but your help might be required for him to actually see where he is going...

((@, you are welcome to become conscious at any point now.))

((@, You are welcome to enter at any time now.))

Edited by Archmagos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1

@ @@Pripyat Pony @@Frosty V

crimson smiled eagerly, his hoof tightening over the hilt of his sword. "Demon lords, eh? Hmm...I've heard rumors of them being pretty powerful...but I've never actually fought one myself...let's hope the rumors are true, this just got interesting!" he thought. Crimson stood up and cracked his neck. "Two hours? Tch! Why wait? I wouldn't mind going now! What about you two?" he asked, turning to his apparent companions.

Edited by ragestar

@, Sanura gave a faint smile at the pony who was to be one of her collegues, at least for the moment. "I'm up for that," the zebra earth pony mare replied. "I hate waiting. And I've sharpened my weapons already. I really don't see the point in waiting any longer." She waited, however, for the third member of their little group to reply.

@, @@Pripyat Pony

Jaeger let out a grunt of frustration as he was paired up for the current assignment, he would have figured Starlight would force him to work with the others and ignore his constant requests to not even be here in the first place. He guessed the loud mouthed pony from his group was Crimson, the one from the Black Legion. The other he had yet to see or hear.

Jaeger looked up at Crimson with an emotionless face, "We could go now, and run into something we have no idea how to deal with and be dead within minutes, or we could go slowly and actually get some valuable information." he said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He didn't plan on losing more team members by going in all guns blazing, he didn't plan to lose any at all.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Frosty V, @, Sanura looked coolly at Jaeger. She disliked him from the start. "What would be the point of waiting around, may I ask?" she said, coldly. "If we wait too long, vital clues may be lost. Just cuz I prefer to start as soon as possible, doesn't mean that I'm about to blunder in and risk the lives of my teammates. I assure you, that altho I prefer to work alone, I have teamed up with others whenever it's deemed necessary."

Sanura curled her lip as she thought back to the last time she'd had to work with another pony. That time, it had been Shadow Star's wayward son, Diego, who worked for the Black Legion and was the most difficult pony to keep on the straight and narrow that Sanura had ever encountered. She wasn't surprised that his mother preferred to hit the gambling dens rather than spend time with him. This Crimson pony seemed to be from the same team as Diego; they probably knew of each other.

@@Pripyat Pony @@Frosty V

crimson glared at Jaeger. "Look, I'm not an idiot! I know that it'll be dangerous! But I know how to handle myself, I signed up for this job to kill demons, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do! If we sit on our asses all day, collecting information, somepomy could get hurt! I'm not gonna let that happen...I'm gonna keep this city safe and get a good fight out of it, whether you approve or not...no ones dying on my watch, kid..." he said.

@, @@Pripyat Pony

Jaeger rolled his eyes at the two ponies standing in front of him, I can already tell this is going to be delightful.., "I must have said it differently than it was in my head, I did not plan on waiting here that would be utterly stupid. I just don't want us going in without having some kind of plan." he said as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, standing as well to show his torn cloak which draped over his armor and saddle bags. He walked between the two making sure to brush lightly pass Crimson. "The names Jaeger, the stallion from the Golden Pines incident, and the pony who won't hesitate to cut your head off." he said almost in a low growl. He turned to look at his team and gave a half smile. "Well, looks like we are going to be together for a while so better make the best of it eh?" he said as his face returned to his blank state.

@@Frosty V

crimson smiled evilly. "Well, don't you sound fun? My names Crimson Grin. Infamous pirate, renowned warrior, killer of countless monsters. Your welcomed to try..." he said coolly. "This guy looks like he has some brass! I hope he fights better than he threatens , though...if not, he's screwed!" he thought.

@,@@Charcoal Embers,  

The Sandpony

Slithering from shadow to shadow of the city, the Sandpony expertly remained undetected by all life as he made expedition toward the foreseen location from his dream. Closing his sinister eyes beneath the mask, the decrepit stallion let out a raspy breath through the mask. As soon as he opened his eyes, he was there. Hmm...it seems I have arrived...in due time...With a sandy breath, the stallion made his presence known to the others, his mysterious appearance making its mark.

Manechilles

Manechilles was enraged as he looked to the city, curiously built with it's square boxes that were like stand alone towers from a castle. "What hast become of thy world, Manechilles?" he growled to himself in his old tongue. "Kolnate terrae equitium..." Angrily, he continued stomping forward, glaring at the peculiar appearances of the ponies that were all around. "The Earth-ridden kind hast spread. Beist it the will of the gods?" he continued mumbling, naturally on edge and ready to strike anything that came too close. 

It was at that point that a taxi carriage came to an abrupt stop in front of him with the passenger shouting at him: "What's the big idea?! Get out of the road stupid pony!"

Manechilles did not like his tone as he returned forward with a mocking voice, "What shalt thou doist about it, puny worm! Begone!" Suddenly, the battle scarred stallion roared towards the carriage and bashed it with his steel-like hooves till it became nothing but wreckage. He then glared menacingly at the pony who gaped at him in horror. "Ready thyself! Thou hast challenged a warrior of Storma! Bellator voin Storma!"

Edited by Aerodynas

@

Jaeger smiled "Lets not compare who beats who, lets just worry about the task at hoof yes?" he said with a hint of anger in his voice. If he doesn't cool it I'm gonna knock his teeth down his throat, he needs to pick his fights more carefully. Jaeger thought, but shrugged it off, it didn't matter, if they were going to be working together they might as well get along. "Anyway its good to meet you Crimson

@@Frosty V, @, "Pleased to meet you both," Sanura replied, sizing both stallions up as she looked them over.

"My name's Sanura, renowned Celestial spy. I don't talk about what I do, cuz I'm not looking for either praise or condemnation. In any case, as we have to work together on this, we might as well make an effort to get along."

Johanna looked at both of the ponies in her group and scanned them both with her eyes before looking straight ahead "Hi,I'm Johanna.I'm 23 and as you may know,I grew up doing black magic." She said quietly,but confidently enough so that she was clear.

"Nice to meet you both." She added before putting her hair in a neat braid,a few strands of her dark brown hair sticking out of her braid.