Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Maze of Horrors RP

Demirari

A single room, mildly lit by a few light-bulbs. The room looked fairly modern, with classical white flooring and walls. However, at areas, there were cracks, suggesting that the room was poorly maintained. The lights at times will go dim or bright without any warning, changing the mood and tone of the single large room quickly. There were tables set at areas, each one seemed to be in perfect order from one another. 

The key feature of this single room were seven doors, each one firmly locked by a large steel door. Each one was bolted shut, using unknown methods, preventing any lockpicking or opening of any sorts. Getting trapped in the rooms was a death ticket for anyone. There were a small slit of glass, small enough to see the room clearly, but not big enough for a pony to escape. The glass also seemed to be rather thick, but still allowed full visibility without any lose in quality. The thickness of the glass also suggested to be high quality and for anyone, would have a tough time cracking them open.

Each one was simple, a single bed, a separate room for hygienic purposes, a small TV screen with a single remote, a flexible tray attached to the wall over a seat. Each room held a passenger, a single pony, there was nothing to note to each one besides what nature had give them. That would include wings or a horn, or even both if the pony was a pegasus, unicorn, or an alicorn.

Then, moving out to the main room, there were a large seat of furniture in the middle, placed in a order that they will face one another. There was single glass table in the middle. Then, moving to the corners were tables, four tables in total, facing the North, East, South, and West. On each table seemed to be basic supplies, food, clothing, flashlight, basic essentials, etc. But no weaponry or anything that would be a major use to kill.

Then the last feature, a giant door that seemed to be made of unknown material, perhaps titanium. It was enough to fit four cars side by side in any direction. It seemed to be perfectly fitted to the opening, preventing no light or any single slit of visibility of what laid beyond what it hides. About it were a single large timer, it counted down from 60 minutes, large red digital letters. The cell doors that were containing the seven doors also had a timer. They were all set at 5 minutes instead of the 60 minutes on the main door. Perhaps the timer would tell when the doors will release.

----

Gentle Secret woke up, she blinked a bit before looking around. She moved a bit, feeling the comfy bed-sheets and the bed itself. Getting up, her eyes widen when she took in exactly where she was. She didn't remember laying to rest here, not in a simple room for that matter. it almost looked like a prison cell from the way it looked. She got up and landed on the ground softly, making no sound.

Immediately moving to the door, she tried to open it, no success, it was lock. She tried to move it with her magic, still no success, seems like a door that was built to stand and not move a single inch. There wasn't even a single sign the door was moving, nor the handle for the matter. There was a single button near next to the door, maybe the door was a sliding one. That would make sense, she pressed it. There was no response, the door was still locked.

Giving up, Gentle Secret noticed the small slit of glass. Looking outside from it, she took in the detail of the room. Where was she? She noted what seemed to be timers above six rooms. She guessed that they are probably similar to her, based on her assumption. She also noted the 5 minutes and counting. Maybe it was some release system for the doors? Like a prison styled one? Or was it to deliver food? She didn't know.

Sighing, Gentle Secret retreated back to her bed, not knowing what to do. She tried to turn on the TV, all it showed was the timer. 5 minutes and counting. That was pointless, she had honestly no idea where she was. And from the looks of it, she didn't like where she was either. Was she alone in this cell, in this room? She hoped not, hopefully there would be others, maybe they were also locked in the other rooms.

Edited by Demirari

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I had TL;DR moments when reading that: I'm gonna take a gander and say that they they have separate rooms and the rooms are conected to the main room which is where Secret is now?)

Arrow wakes up, rubbing his head. Was he wasted last night? He couldn't remember what he did… nor how he got here. He looks at his surroundings. Yep. He got wasted and went to jail. What did he do now? He shrugs off what he was thinking and gets up and out of bed. Not as quiet as Gentle only thinking he was the only one here.

(You are correct sir! They each have their own separate rooms. And I wouldn't blame you, 9 paragraphs. xD)

Gentle Secret stared at the TV screen as it ticked down the seconds. What else could she do besides stare at the digital clock that was the TV. So far, a minute had passed. Damn was that one hell of a long minute, time do fly pass as you have fun. Reaching four minutes, it continued ticking downwards. Maybe she should inspect the main room again. That is exactly what she did, taking a peak out of the small glass window, she looked around the main room. Maybe the others are awake, but from the line of sight the glass gave, it would be impossible to tell.

----

"Four Minutes Remaining," a mechanical voice spoke before dying off. There was no indication of where it could have came from. Not even a single speaker was present in the main room, or for that matter, any of the seven locked rooms. Then the voice came back to repeat the message and add more things, "Four Minutes Remaining. Please insure that you are awake." 

Silver wing woke up and feeling strange.He realized after a moment that he the bed he was in wasn't his own.He got up and looked around the strange room.It was a nice looking room, aside from a few cracked walls and a bare light bulb.Then he saw the door."How could anypony open that door ?" He asked himself."Hello!Anypony there?" He shouted at the walls.

Edited by dargent

Gentle Secret ear perked up at a distant sound. Another pony perhaps? That means she wasn't alone. Though how will she communicate to the other pony without shouting? Assuming that the doors were rather tight, that means sound would be rather hard pressed to go anywhere, that means a loud sound. And shouting won't do any good, even if she did, the sound would be faint and useless, only probably giving the other pony a heads up.

----

"10 seconds remaining, when down to zero seconds, you may press the button to the door's left or right." The mechanical voice advised at the end.

(The next person post may allow their OC to open up their door.) 

Arrow hears a pony call out. "Yea! I'm over here!" He tries following the sounds until a mechanical voice started to speak about opening doors. As of what Arrow gathered by looking around. He didn't dare open the door. "Does anypony care about opening the doors?" He asks out for any pony else to hear.

Silver sighed with relief as he heard a faint reply.He couldn't make out what the other pony had said but it sounded as confused as he was."At least I have company, wherever I am."Obeying the robotic voices, he walked towards the door and attempted to open it, wondering what would be on the other side.

The door engaged its movement. It started sliding to its right, disappearing into the wall. It happened without any delay and soon enough, Silver was greeted with the main room. There was still no change in the main room, the furniture in the middle and the tables filled with supplies along the walls. 

----

Gentle Secret watched as the first pony took the initiative and opened his door. Perhaps she should too, greet the other pony and try to find what why she was here, that is, if the other pony even knows. Then there was also another, that was three of them in these cell like structure with the main room looking like a mixture of a store and a living room. 

Nodding her head, she pressed the button. The door opened immediately, like others, without any delay. There was no change in the atmosphere or scent, being bland.

Silver stepped out and looked around.He didn't feel any change of atmosphere, Except for feeling more free to walk around.Then Silver noticed the pony standing in a doorway similar to his. "Excuse me, do you know where we are?" he asked.Strange, he could have sworn the voice that answered him was that of a stallion.

"No," Gentle Secret simply replied, "I do not know where we are, I was hoping that you have the key to our question." Then she looked around, noting the small living room atmosphere in the middle, she proceeded to take a seat. This day was getting more weirder and more curious as it continued on for her.

Then she continued, "Perhaps the others might know?" 

Atlas awoke in his bed. What happened? Last thing he remebered was bieng in the Everfree. He immedatly checked for his sword. It wasn't there of course...  Then he checked his fez. Still there he thought as he breathed a sigh of relief. Now where was he? He was in a room of what reminded him of a jail cell. He certainly wasn't in a griffon prison: way to good for that. He immedatly checked the room and gathered what he could. He didn't like this. His gut told him this wasn't going to be easy... 

He creeped out of his room as quietly has he could. Thankfully his bad leg wasn't hurting too much and could put some weight on it. He saw two ponies in the center room that looked confused. They didn't look hostile and he could probebly taek them on if he had too.

"Hello!" He called to them. "Do have any idea where we are and what is going on?"@@Demirari,@@Dargent,

Silver was growing slightly agitated with the fact that he didn't have any answers for the two newcomers."No we don't have a clue where we are  or why we are here." He said. "Maybe if we search this room we will be provided with an answer.".Silver sighed.This is not a good day so far.

"Well this could be worse. Last thing I remeber is trekking through the Everfree. Good idea. We should search the room. Look for anything out of the ordinary. A crack, loose screw, anything. I plan to get out fo here" Atlas looked around the room. Strange. Very strange.

"Well I doubt there is any other place we could leave, maybe the door and timer might give us a clue? If it reaches zero, the door could open," Gentle Secret spoke, giving her theory. She believe this was true due to how each door was unlocked when the timer reached zero. Maybe the larger one above the rather large door could give them an evidence. A clue perhaps.

The digital timer above the large door currently read 40 minutes. 

"Good theory" Silver said "but that leaves quite a bit of time to do absolutely nothing."Silver looked at the timer and realized something."Who brought us here?" he asked. "and why us?" after he said that he realized that he didn't know anypony's name."My name is Silver Wing." he said to the others. "what are your name's?"

"I dont think we'll dind much in this room." Arrow looks about the room. He sees the timer above that read, "40 minutes until the door opens up to hell I bet." His mind conjured up many options to what it might mean. He hopes that it doesn't mean that we're gonna face death.

(1)

Edited by Wolframite

"Probebly. Well we have time to kill. Anyway I'm Atlas, adventurer and treasure hunter. So any idea how we got here? Last thing I remeber I was in the Everfree forest trying to find some old ruin. I have no clue how I got here but I will say I'm getting out in one piece"

"I suppose I could reveal my name, I'm Gentle Secret, once part of a group where we adventure to find ancient artifacts, now, here," Gentle Secret spoke, giving herself a simple greeting for the others. She then looked at the timer, it now read 30 minutes. Thirty minutes till what? And what was with all the supplies in the room? 

Atlas walked to one of the tables with supplies.

"I don't like this. Why are there supplies here?" He thought about looking them over. 

"It's like some somepony is toying with us" These supplies would be good for a hike. He took note no weapons were present.

"So Gentle Secret. What kind of stuff did you look for? I've found a good amount of artifacts myself. Ever go into the Everfree?"

"Magical artifacts mostly," Gentle Secret replied, moving to a table and looking at the contents, "Only passed through there, never actually went in depth with the forest." Then she focused on the supplies, why would there be supplies... unless the door leads to some form of hellhole. Then it might be wise to take some supplies, such as food, basic essentials, and other things.

The Timer now ticks down to thirty minutes.

Edited by Demirari

"Magic? I've only found a few of those myself. Most of which were forbidden magic. I'm mostly found Griffon artifacts and a decent amount of artifacts from just after Discord's rule. I don't like that door count down. Who knows what's behind it. Are those tables bolted down? We could make a barricade just in case"

"Magic? I've only found a few of those myself. Most of which were forbidden magic. I'm mostly found Griffon artifacts and a decent amount of artifacts from just after Discord's rule. I don't like that door count down. Who knows what's behind it. Are those tables bolted down? We could make a barricade just in case"

"The tables?" Gentle Secret replied, trying to lift them up lightly. The table moved a bit, signifying that it wasn't bolted down. Then she spoke, "Interesting, the table isn't bolted down, or at least this one isn't."

She then took one of the seven saddlebags on her table and strapped it to her back. Just in case as she took some of the supplies. Enough for a week, for a single pony that is.

The timer now read 20 minutes.

"Good there not" Atlas claimed a table and placed the bags on it on the floor. Using a good bit of strength he flipped the table over causing a loud thup. He began to push it in a position so he could dive behind it if needed. He then grabbed a bag and checked it. Enough food to last a week. If he rationed well maybe enough to last him a week and a half. Good amount of water but he would need more. Ah a rage! Now he could craft a makeshift gas mask if necessary.

"You ponies know how to make a gas mask right? Just wet a rag and put it over your mouth. It'll last you a little while but not long. Just felt like telling you"

A flashlight? He didn't like this at all. He still wanted a weapon though. He could buck pretty well. His hooves would have to do for now. Back to the flashlight. He could make a fire with it but he would have to break the flashlight to do it but he could make fire as long as the batteries held up.

Atlas eyed the other ponies in the room. Could he trust them? That Gentle Secret could be robust if she really was an adventurer. She could also be a good ally and a tough adversary.

"We should make this choice now. Do we want to stick together? Or should we go our separate ways once that door opens?"