Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bushi no Tamashi

Samurshy

"I suppose we can't know for sure. However either side sending a large army in would start a war. A war that neither side could easily win. Obviously ending in a lot of unnecessary bloodshed and no real victory. So I believe that they'll be doing the same thing we are doing to avoid too much conflict." He explained. "I used to be in the military even before the coup against Narumi. So I've indeed known a few people from Narumi in the past." He replied as he thought back.

Akira wondered if we'll be bumping into people Saigo knew that now works for the Narumi. "Would you hesitate on killing an old friend if we bump into one? I heard that you've taken countless lives away but will knowing each other make you change your mind?"

Saigo looked back at Akira. "An odd question..." He muttered before thinking. "Everyone I knew from Narumi is now dead, so that won't be an issue in the first place. However, if someone I would once consider friend oppose me, and it is of their own will to do so. I would kill them without remorse. I'd probably enjoy breaking them more than the regular untrained lackeys they send my way" He said after thinking for a few moments. "Is that an answer you could agree with?" He then asked.

Akira agreed with Saigo. "If the person had the choice to attack me or not to but decided to do so, I won't hesitate to take away their life, but if the person was my best friend, I'll just knock him out and leave him be." She told him what she thought. The docks was just around the corner as she could hear the sound of the waves clashing against the wooden planks of the boats that floated around.

Arashi felt the swift movements of Shiho before she even made them. He could tell by the eye movements, and the twitch in her muscles that she was ready to strike a split second before she did. Arashi had to force himself to not react according to muscle memory. If he had, his sword would have already sliced through Shiho's arm. But he managed to allow the blade to come in contact with his chest. As soon as the blade reached within an inch of his chest, the blade bounced off an invisible wall. It was as if Shiho's blade came in contact with thick plate armor.

Arashi smiled

"Well, you certainly know how to follow orders." Arashi said. As loyal follower's go, a warrior who can kill their commander under order of their commander is definitely worth while.

"As you can see, the Taniaku items have immense power. Each item varies in ability. Our side has seen three Taniaku first hand. This gauntlet is one of them", He said as he placed the gauntlet back into the chest and locked the chest back up. He took another puff from the pipe as the wispy peach smoke floated in the air.

"Our goal- This team's mission is simple, find all of the 22 known Taniaku on the island of Tani. We will have to take a boat, and we leave port tomorrow morning. It will be a three day venture, but the boat is stock full of food and other plush commodities that you should enjoy. In fact, to pass the time, I was thinking of holding a tournament, a fighting tournament. The winner, gets to carry the first Taniaku we find. That means, of course, utilizing it's abilities in combat as well. It also means that it will be your own personal Taniaku for as long as you serve the shogunate. But know this. The Taniaku are Narumi property, desertion with a Taniaku is akin to treason and you will be sentenced to death. The Taniaku are powerful, and some have a problem with sharing that power. If you are not up to the task of collecting Taniaku for your country, if you feel that you would betray this country for the sake of personal power. Know this... I did not become shogun by sucking dick. I became shogun through intensive training, and skill. If I think for even a second that any of you plans to betray this country, I will not hesitate to cut you down on the spot." Arashi smiled in between puffs.

"Do I make myself clear?" Arashi asked. He puffed a few smoke rings upwards to the ceiling as he awaited an answer.

"Yes sir," Natsuki said. She couldn't help but feel the words like daggers, constant reminders of a stained family name. She'd never understand why her father left. Especially considering where he fled to. She turned away slightly, out of both shame and apprehension.

"Will we search in a group or by ourselves?" Fenikku asked, "and where's the fight?" He was glad it was a simple scavenger hunt. A more complex mission usually meant he couldn't fight anything, and that he'd screw it up from that. He also knew he was powerful and wanted one of those himself.

"Will we search in a group or by ourselves?" Fenikku asked, "and where's the fight?" He was glad it was a simple scavenger hunt. A more complex mission usually meant he couldn't fight anything, and that he'd screw it up from that. He also knew he was powerful and wanted one of those himself.

"I'm pretty sure this tournament is meant, at least secondarily, to kill time on the boat ride. It is long, with little change of scenery. " She remembered it well, having learned numbers on the journey with her father. She shifted her weight, causing the katana fragments in her pouch to hit eachother and bring her from her thoughts.

(edited)

"The tournament will be on the boat. The boat we are taking is The Kaguyahime. The biggest ship in all of Narumi. The deck is large enough to host many tournaments at once. So you need not worry about room." Arashi said.

Arashi heard the pieces of metal clink together in Natsuki's bag. 

"Ah yes, the Fujikama. The blade that slew many thousands of oni alongside your father, and many other samurai before him. The blade that your father presented his only daughter with in hopes that she would grow powerful. The blade that was shattered into five separate pieces after the father's betrayal. That is indeed a powerful weapon, or it was..." Arashi inhaled from the pipe deeply.

"And it could be again... A blade like that doesn't like to be in pieces. Therefore, is forged together again easily, if one wished to forge it together again..." Arashi said

Edited by Phoenix Flare

(edited)

Arashi heard the pieces of metal clink together in Natsuki's bag.

"Ah yes, the Fujikama. The blade the slew many thousands of oni alongside your father, and many other samurai before him. The blade that your father presented his only daughter with in hopes that she would grow powerful. The blade that was shattered into five separate pieces after the father's betrayal. That is indeed a powerful weapon, or it was..." Arashi inhaled from the pipe deeply.

"And it could be again... A blade like that doesn't like to be in pieces. Therefore, is forged together again easily, if one wished to forge it together again..." Arashi said

She says nothing for a time, though assumes a more aggressive position. "You know much of my history, it would seem." She crosses her arms to hide her clenched fists, "It has been years. I'm not sure the sword can be revived. But even if it could be, I wouldn't do it." She spat to rid herselfof the sour taste in her mouth. Edited by Dawnpath - Dusktrail

*Shiho slightly frowned at the mention of a tournament.* "I think I would sit that out, unfortunately. I am not very keen on battling my comrades with steel." *She took her portable Shogi board out of her bag and set it on the table.* "I honestly prefer this form of competition, training the mind is just as important as training the body after all. That said, were we using wooden training swords and not using any soul forging or magic, I would be fine to participate. And I surely am ready to fight and if need be, kill, any Zetsumei that we may come across."

(edited)

"You know... I was there, during the coup three years ago." Arashi sighed
"I was just a captain at the time, serving under the Shogun Kurai. My position was right outside the palace, I was supposed to guard Emperor Hana with my life. Your father was ordered by Kurai, along with three others, to assassinate Hana. I knew your father. We ate many lunches together in the mess hall. I begged him not to go through with it. He didn't listen. It was only me, and my other comrade, Zeke. Against three assassins. Unfortunately, Zeke died. But due to his valiant efforts, and our strength combined, we were able to force them to retreat. In fact, I am sure your father still has scars on his back from me, if he is still out there somewhere. You father was a good man. But his convictions fell in the wrong place. He sided with the wrong side. And it cost him the ultimate shame that a Samurai could ever have upon them. The scars on his back, and the life I spared him." Arashi tried to choke back tears as he reminisced.

"The point, I am trying to make; is that even though your father was chose the wrong side... That does not make him an evil man. He was fighting for what he believed to be right. He held tight to his own convictions. And even though they may have been wrong in our eyes. He believes, probably still to this day, that he did the right thing. And when it comes down to it all... there is no good, or evil side... We are all murderers." Arashi said calmly. His eyes cast to the floor.

"The tournament will be steel on steel. You do not have to participate, but I will be participating." Arashi said. 

Edited by Phoenix Flare

"You know... I was there, during the coup three years ago." Arashi sighed

"I was just a captain at the time, serving under the Shogun Kurai. My position was right outside the palace, I was supposed to guard Emperor Hana with my life. Your father was ordered by Kurai, along with three others, to assassinate Hana. I knew your father. We ate many lunches together in the mess hall. I begged him not to go through with it. He didn't listen. It was only me, and my other comrade, Zeke. Against three assassins. Unfortunately, Zeke died. But due to his valiant efforts, and our strength combined, we were able to force them to retreat. In fact, I am sure your father still has scars on his back from me, if he is still out there somewhere. You father was a good man. But his convictions fell in the wrong place. He sided with the wrong side. And it cost him the ultimate shame that a Samurai could ever have upon them. The scars on his back, and the life I spared him." Arashi tried to choke back tears as he reminisced.

"The point, I am trying to make; is that even though your father was chose the wrong side... That does not make him an evil man. He was fighting for what he believed to be right. He held tight to his own convictions. And even though they may have been wrong in our eyes. He believes, probably still to this day, that he did the right thing. And when it comes down to it all... there is no good, or evil side... We are all murderers." Arashi said calmly. His eyes cast to the floor.

"The tournament will be steel on steel. You do not have to participate, but I will be participating." Arashi said.

Natsuki offered little better than a grunt. A traitor shames himself, his honor, his pride, and his family. It's a wonder I don't drop his name. I have enough shame on my behind. Literally. Her tail twitched irritably, though her training kept her silent. Training, she might add, from her father.

"A fair thought. However usually someones best friend wont attempt to kill them in the first place." Saigo commented as he turned the corner. The docks now visible. Besides the usual military ships lined up. There was one decently sized black personal military ship waiting for them. "Now then, I would appear that we'll be leaving soon. Hopefully everyone has already made peace with their gods before we go." He added as he walked towards the ship.

Daikuma looked looked around in awe of all the ships, though Rinsame seemed to be more interested in the water herself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Aki was a bit surprised about all the military ships lining up, but one caught her eye. It was a black military ship that looked sleek and attractive. "We wouldn't happen to be going to Tani on that ship, right?" She pointed at the black military ship. "There is one thing before we leave. I'd like to replace my katana with a new one. Would you happen to know a blacksmith nearby?" Akira asked Saigo.

Edited by Azura

"Yes we will be taking that one. It's my personal warship usually, but will be small enough to fit us all and still not be too big." He explained before he pointed over to a small temple like building just off the shore. "Over there is a blacksmith that should be able to help you with that. But make it quick, we're going to want to leave as soon as possible." he finished. 

(edited)

Aki giggled and said "I'll be right back!" before she disappeared into the dust when she teleported in front of the temple. She walked in and asked the blacksmith "Would you happen to have a katana that's stronger and more durable than this one?" Akira placed her black katana that had chipped edges on the table in hopes that he could either fix it or get a new one. The blacksmith took the blade and inspected it. "It appears that you've been using this sword for quite some time.." he said softly before he continued. "I might have something for you, young warrior." He walked into the back room and came back out after a minute or two with a katana that looked astonishing.

I was left speechless as my eyes glared at it. "Woah.. Did you forge it?" I asked the blacksmith. He looked at me and replied "It's one of the best swords I've made not long ago with a type of metal that's extremely rare nowadays." I walked over and asked the blacksmith "Can I give it a swing?" as I placed my hands out. "Just be careful." He said with a worried look as he handed it over. "I will." Akira said before walking outside of the temple and gave it a few swings. The katana had a very good feeling to it. When she tried infusing the blade with flames, it felt so much easier and more powerful than usual.

She swung her blade at the tree far away with all her strength and it sent a thin line off in it's direction. "I wonder what that wa-" the tree started tipping to the side like it was chopped before it collapsed down. "Whoops.." She said before walking back in and asked the blacksmith "So… How much do you want it?" The blacksmith just smiled and said "You have a lot of potential, young one. Keep it. It's yours from now on." Akira was a bit shocked but quickly replied "T-Thank you.." as she bowed and said "I should really get going now. Thanks a lot." Before she teleported back to the docks. Aki ran towards Saigo and said "I hope I didn't take too long."

There was a twist to the weapon though..

Edited by Azura

Isamu glanced at the warship and marveled at its size and craftsmanship. He then realized now would be a good time to get to know his companions a bit more. He looked around, and saw Akira run off to the blacksmith, and decided it would be best to let her do her own thing. Isamu noticed Rinsame looking at the sea."So Rin, do you mind if I call you that?" "Anyway," Isamu said, "Looks like you're a big fan of the water. Any stories you got about that?"

Arashi breathed deeply, enhaling the peach-flavor tobacco, taking a moment to think. 

He eventually broke the silence.

"Well, I believe that is all for now. So, for now I will have you adjourn to the living quarters. They are right outside the main barracks building. There is a side for men and a side for women. And that is where you will be staying. Also, there is a hotspring, but it is unisex, so you may bathe there, but know that there may be the opposite sex bathing at the same time." Arashi cracked a smile that may have seemed a bit perverse at first, but then again, he was almost always smiling. 

"So this meeting is over. As of now. Get some rest, we will be traveling a long distance starting tomorrow. So we can adjourn unless, any of you have anymore questions " Arashi said.

Rinsame's trance as she looked at the ocean broke when Isamu spoke. "Rin sounds like a fair name to me." She answered as she thought. "I don't really have any stories, mainly because I have to spend most of my time on the land. But I always have been very fond of the water. It's one of the few places I can feel truly home at." She replied. "I suppose it's probably because I'm half shark." She added with a chuckle.

Saigo watched as Akira left for the blacksmith. He turned walking over to the docking station for the ship. Two guards that had been waiting for him bowed as he arrived. Rinsame and Daikuma quickly made their moves to enter, but Saigo stopped the large bear like man, letting only Rinsame to pass. "I've changed my mind, four is enough for this... But my decision is mainly because my presence back at the castle needs to remain. Guard it with your life and make sure the Emperor and his men don't do anything rash in my absence. Remind anyone that dares to appose my will just because I'm gone how cruel I can be." He explained. Daikuma wanted to protest, but in the end that seemed even more enjoyable. He nodded and quickly started off back for the castle. Saigo then entered the boat via a walkway and waited for the rest.

Saigo noticing Akira teleport back. "Not at all, you're just in time." He replied.

Arashi breathed deeply, enhaling the peach-flavor tobacco, taking a moment to think.

He eventually broke the silence.

"Well, I believe that is all for now. So, for now I will have you adjourn to the living quarters. They are right outside the main barracks building. There is a side for men and a side for women. And that is where you will be staying. Also, there is a hotspring, but it is unisex, so you may bathe there, but know that there may be the opposite sex bathing at the same time." Arashi cracked a smile that may have seemed a bit perverse at first, but then again, he was almost always smiling.

"So this meeting is over. As of now. Get some rest, we will be traveling a long distance starting tomorrow. So we can adjourn unless, any of you have anymore questions " Arashi said.

Natsuki bows respectfully and leaves. Claiming a room, she rid herself of her armor. A mirror caught her eyes, and she frowned. She'd always disliked the way her body denied her a warrior-like appearance, preferring a moderate chest she had to time down, and a hip-size that ment her armor had to be custom-tailored. Sighing, she grabbed a towel and headed to the hot springs. It served two purposes: two center herself, and to rid herself of suspicion. At the very hint of stench, the uneducated blamed her. She'd grown tired of defending her honor from these fools.

"Whew.." she said with relief. Akira wondered if they had individual rooms per person on Saigo's personal military ship. "You wouldn't happen to have a few extra rooms on that ship of yours, would you, Saigo? It's gonna be a pretty long trip after all." Aki asked Saigo because all those weapons of hers are starting to drag her down and she was hoping to have a place to store the ones she won't be using.

*Shiho stood and bowed before picking up her belongings and leaving for the barraks. She chose a room and set down her things. She then removed the armor that she wore on her arms. She let her tail fall lose from its role as a belt and then removed her hakama. She then removed the chestplate she wore beneath. She grabbed a robe she saw hanging in the room, as well as a large towel and walked off to the hot spring. She walked in and set the towel down on the ground, and then removed the robe and sank down into the water. She sighed as the heated water warmed her body. Unlike most felines, Shiho enjoyed being in water. She leaned against a boulder and thought about the day's events.*

*Shiho stood and bowed before picking up her belongings and leaving for the barraks. She chose a room and set down her things. She then removed the armor that she wore on her arms. She let her tail fall lose from its role as a belt and then removed her hakama. She then removed the chestplate she wore beneath. She grabbed a robe she saw hanging in the room, as well as a large towel and walked off to the hot spring. She walked in and set the towel down on the ground, and then removed the robe and sank down into the water. She sighed as the heated water warmed her body. Unlike most felines, Shiho enjoyed being in water. She leaned against a boulder and thought about the day's events.*

Sitting across from Shiho, Natsuki sunk into the water with her eyes closed. She crossed her legs and concentrated on the feel and smell of the steam, relaxing herself and centering her focus. It helpped that it was night time. She liked it better at night, for some reason. It comforted her.

Sitting across from Shiho, Natsuki sunk into the water with her eyes closed. She crossed her legs and concentrated on the feel and smell of the steam, relaxing herself and centering her focus. It helpped that it was night time. She liked it better at night, for some reason. It comforted her.

*Shiho looked up at the girl across from her.* "Its Natsuki, right? Your name?" *Shiho asked to confirm.* "What are your thoughts on these Taniaku, as well as our mission? And do you think that the Zetsumei are aware of these artifacts as well? Its been on my mind since Arashi-san showed us the one he had and told us of our mission." *Shiho's slender tail rose out of the water and brushed against her own face, and Shiho began to lightly chew on it in her thought process.*

(edited)

"Of course." Saigo said as he walked onto the deck of the ship. "It's made mainly for personal luxury transport in the rooms below. And for war room meetings down below also. Make yourself at home." He finished as he walked over to a sailor on the boat, instructing him what to do. Afterward he bowed and walked off.

Besides the group there were about four crewmen that would operate the boat. They seemed like normal Zetsumei soldiers outfitted with naval gear. But the only difference is that the clothing they wore matched Saigo. Seeing it was white and red instead of black and red. The boat itself was a medium sized decorative ship that was painted almost all white with red sails. Besides the colors, from the outside it looked like a smaller version of the advanced Zetsumei battle ships, with the only difference being the bowsprit of the ship had a carved snake coiled around it and two life boats were fastened to the side of it. 

Edited by Pumkin