McDonalds Toys... again.

Twilight The Creator

I feel like I'm being discriminated against for being a vegetarian  :blush:

Well good news for both of you. You can in fact buy as many toys as you want separately without the purchase of a happy meal.

Source: I worked at Micky D's for 3 years :(

• Brohoof 1

I what the Vinyl, Celestia, and Luna. 

Meh, i can't be bothered to buy a happy meal just for mlp toys. I think I'll stick with buying the funko vinyls. And if I really wanted to I'd buy a commission for a custom figure.

You can buy the toys separate for $1.80 each, 

I what the Vinyl, Celestia, and Luna. 

You can buy the toys separate for $1.80 each, 

Really? Where at?

At McDonalds. 

Oh. I thought you meant like online somewhere. I dunno. I'm not really the type of brony to buy mlp merchandise anywhere other than online. Besides Hot Topic, though, probably.

So anyone familiar with how McDonald's releases these? I'm guessing they release two designs every week for a month, so I'll have to make multiple trips. I haven't had a happy meal since I was like 11, so I'm not sure though.

Yes and no. At the start of each toy season, each store receives a customer satisfaction case, which has multiple copies of each toy in the line-up along with the normal case which holds the first 2 toys. Each week they receive a case that's holds two more of the toys. How do I know this?..... The same reason I have all of their pokemon black and white toys from a couple years back.... I know a guy XD

• Brohoof 2

Oh. I thought you meant like online somewhere. I dunno. I'm not really the type of brony to buy mlp merchandise anywhere other than online. Besides Hot Topic, though, probably.

I do it all the time. XD

Oh, my gosh! I am so going to get princess Luna toy! Ohh! Now i'll finally have a princess luna toy! I mean, it's not like a have a closet full or anything (shuts closet) Ahem, back to the topic.... I will get a toy. I will have my revenge, I mean toy. Heh, heh, heh.....

well, you could always wait a year or two and pick them up at garage/yard sales and flea markets for like a quarter each :P

well, you could always wait a year or two and pick them up at garage/yard sales and flea markets for like a quarter each :P

Yeah I suppose i could. Or find them online somewhere.

Yeah I suppose i could. Or find them online somewhere.

ebay, but expect excessive pricing from people trying to milk the market.

Kinda like the BaB Pinkie Pie thing.. BaB stopped selling her and people started on ebay for over $200!!!

Then BaB brought her back and.. for only $25 :P

I cannot imagine the feeling those who paid for the ebay ones must've had when BaB brought back the "limited edition" pony.... heh

ebay, but expect excessive pricing from people trying to milk the market.

Kinda like the BaB Pinkie Pie thing.. BaB stopped selling her and people started on ebay for over $200!!!

Then BaB brought her back and.. for only $25 :P

I cannot imagine the feeling those who paid for the ebay ones must've had when BaB brought back the "limited edition" pony.... heh

Damn screw that. Also, I'm not too fond of those molded figures or brushables.

Damn screw that. Also, I'm not too fond of those molded figures or brushables.

TBH me neither. the molded ones are just over priced IMO for what little they have in them, and the obvious machine make. Where the brushables are just IMO.. well.. fugly... and being so hollow.. also VERY over priced for being so inaccurate....

Only one I have is Vinyl Scratch, and I can't help but laugh at the poor quality here.. they just painted her glasses on and not even where the eyes were, so theres a clear fault where the eyes are molded...

TBH I almost prefer the 80's ponies.. they were hollow too TMK, but they actually had something to hold onto.. and weren't so blasted expensive..

• Brohoof 1

Woo! The last set they released is sitting here next to my monitor. Just walked in there and asked for all of them. Hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to find all of them at a single location again. If not, I don't mind driving out of my way to get them.

• Brohoof 1

TBH me neither. the molded ones are just over priced IMO for what little they have in them, and the obvious machine make. Where the brushables are just IMO.. well.. fugly... and being so hollow.. also VERY over priced for being so inaccurate....

Only one I have is Vinyl Scratch, and I can't help but laugh at the poor quality here.. they just painted her glasses on and not even where the eyes were, so theres a clear fault where the eyes are molded...

TBH I almost prefer the 80's ponies.. they were hollow too TMK, but they actually had something to hold onto.. and weren't so blasted expensive..

I like the Funko Vinyls the most. Sure, there a little more expensive per figure, but there the most accurate when it comes to official figures. Plus the more recent ones have cutie marks on both sides.

8D They have toys again?? Oh my goodness yes. I must figure out how to make my way to the Golden Arches at the end of the month.

Edited by L-Ring

I like the Funko Vinyls the most. Sure, there a little more expensive per figure, but there the most accurate when it comes to official figures. Plus the more recent ones have cutie marks on both sides.

Funko is best pony provider!!.... Currently bidding on Doctor Whooves, Twilight, and Trixie lots on eBay ^_^

• Brohoof 1

*coughinflationcough*

Anyway, I got the entire set with brush fobs last time they sold the toys.  Heck, because I explicitly asked for a full set, I managed to get a Celestia and Rarity figurine set with Cutie Mark comb stands from the year before.  For those curious, the last time they sold them, they had Cheerilee, Lily Blossom, Applejack, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie.  I don't remember if there were more, but I didn't manage to snag them if there were.  So I guess because I've been a brony long enough, I've been lucky enough to get a McDonald's AJ.

Edited by Gyruss

*coughinflationcough*

thats a VERY minor part of it.

.35 of plastic going up to .36 of plastic doesn't justify the massive hike.

the mark up on these "dolls" is just outrageous, and the quality is still on the floor. 

thats a VERY minor part of it.

.35 of plastic going up to .36 of plastic doesn't justify the massive hike.

the mark up on these "dolls" is just outrageous, and the quality is still on the floor.

And that's why I don't ever buy brush abeles, or anything from the toy aisle pretty much... With the exception of the aurora plushies.