ooc Johto Storm (Pokemon RP)

Umbreon

I asked Lhee this on Skype, and the answer is that these items are basically unlimited. Pokemarts won't be a thing, really.

However, you cannot use healing items and the like during a battle, much like the anime.

Cool, thank you for the info, it is very much appreciated.

[Filler]

Decided to add a little voice at the back of Al's head, just to make things a little more interesting for him. Alery's basically his own angel on his shoulder where as the voice is the little devil on the other one. Not really shown here, they'll most likely end up having full conversations with each other later on.

@@Ampharos,

I believe Dez's comment of 'yokels' wasn't actually a comment. More of a thought. So yea. ^^; 

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

@,

I was like half asleep when I wrote that. I'm fixing the post up now. 

I figured as much. x3 Just thought I'd tell you.

• Brohoof 1

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

RP Thread

It's been a few years since Gold battled Red atop Mount Silver, hasn't it? Yes, it's been very quiet in the area since then... No one has managed to take his title as champion yet, I don't believe.

But, you know what they say, the tougher the challenge the more challengers it draws... And that's where our story begins! I'm Professor Elm, living here in New Bark Town. Lately our region has been seeing a large influx of foreign trainers, and so this invitation is extended to anyone coming to challenge the Johto league! Please, come and visit my lab before starting your journey, there are many things we should discuss before you step foot into the area... After all, a region can change quite a bit in three years! Including the Pokemon that show up here!

Oh, and... *nervous laughter* You may have heard some... Unsettling rumors about shady characters in our region? Let me assure you now... Completely unfounded! Heh... Heh heh...

*Clears throat* Okay, where was I? Oh, right! OOC thread! Anyways yep, it's about like it sounds, a Pokemon RP based in the Johto region. There will be an over-arcing storyline other than just standard training and badge collecting though! There's also a high chance that it will bleed over into Kanto. (It will bleed over into Kanto.)

Rules (Yes. Read them. It isn't that long.)

1. I'm not going to be accepting a massive number of people into this roleplay. Something like a Pokemon RP takes a lot of DM'ing, and it just gets more and more complicated the more people that join. I don't have a set number of characters I'm letting in, I plan to keep it small though.

2. On a similar note, it won't be first come first serve. I'm going to be somewhat selective about who gets in. Grammar is a necessity, as well as a decent understanding of the Pokemon world. RP experience doesn't hurt either. If I decline your application, please do not try to argue about it.

3. I'll be controlling NPC's - this includes wild pokemon. So no, you can't say you found a Dragonite shortly after the beginning.

3 1/2. Don't request to run into certain pokemon. I just might make someone else run into it instead out of spite. I'm trying to remain an unbiased DM here!

4. No god-modding / other standard RP rules that I don't need to explain, because you already understand these if you're joining.

5. Pacing for the RP may not be super fast paced, but I don't want it to be super slow either. Sometimes I may get a few posts off a day, other times I may get a post off every few days. Please have patience with your fellow RP'ers!

6. Don't make your pokemon OP. I'm going to leave things like Evolution / learning new moves up to the Player. However, I don't want to see something like that every other post. Things like that are supposed to take time and hard work.

7. Romance is absolutely fine. Romance is encouraged really, it adds depth and character development. Just don't let it become the focus of the RP, please. And this really doesn't need to be said, but keep it SFW.

8. There may be some posts that don't directly impact characters immediately - that's because the region is huge, and there will be an unfolding story! So if something happens on the other side of a region, you won't know about it immediately! Though give it time and you could, of course, start hearing rumors about whatever is happening ;)

9*. Try not to start with something too powerful as your starter pokemon - leave room to grow! That's part of the fun of an RP like this! If you're not sure what would be too powerful, check out some of the already accepted characters.

Character Application

Huh? Oh, uh... Here, fill out this paperwork for me, would you?

First things first, are you a boy or a girl?

What's your name?

Briefly, what do you look like?

Give us a quick idea for your personality.

Where are you from originally?

How old are you?

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure? (And what moves does it know?)

Example Application (My character)

Boy, last I checked.

What's your name?

Name? That'd be Cecil. Pleased to meet ya, I guess?

Look like? Jeez, this would be easier if I had a picture... I don't know, a little on the tall side, blonde hair that falls to my shoulders, blue eyes... Blue jeans and a white tank top, hiking boots... I'm really not all that complicated.

Just kind of laid back, I guess. I dunno, I'm more here for the fun than I am trying to become the champion. Fairly easy to get along with... I know my stuff, though! Mostly because I'm kind of a nerd, but oh well. If you have a question about a pokemon, feel free to ask. If I don't know it right off, I can try and look it up for you.

Unova. You... Probably wouldn't know the town. It's pretty small.

How old are you?

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure? (And what moves does it know?)

Heh, that'd be my Zorua! Right now he knows Taunt, Snarl, Fake Tears, and Fury Swipes.

Characters and their pokemon (Will keep this section up to date)

Cecil, played by Lhee. Pokemon: Zorua

Stella, played by Firebolt. Pokemon: Helioptile

Alery Witlock, played by Ampharos. Pokemon: Growlithe

Apollo, played by Knight Artorias. Pokemon: Lucario

Cassie, played by Bard. Pokemon: Floette

Cilla and Sable, played by N-Harmonia. Pokemon: Espeon / Umbreon

Um.....are you guys accepting anymore players. Because this Rp really caught my interest

Edited by Thepumpkinking

@@Thepumpkinking

So, consider the roleplay now "closed" to new applicants.  Closed is in quotations because, like I said in the rules, I didn't have a set number of players in mind when I made it.  So if someone has a particularly well written application, I might still let another join.  However, since we do have a decent number of people, I will probably be pickier about who gets in.

That was a little further up this page, but like I said, if it looks well written and meets my standards I may still accept more people ;)  So if you want to go ahead and apply feel free to - worst thing that could happen is not getting accepted, right?  

@,

Well, Johto is generation two, so...  You could go ahead and apply if you'd like, Cinder!  :P  The only things you wouldn't understand immediately would be pokemon or moves that were introduced in later generations...  And a quick search on Bulbapedia (love that website) or a quick PM to me could help with anything ya don't understand. 

umbreon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia : Ampharos @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon: Locked @Umbreon: Lhee @Leafeon: Firebolt @Glaceon: Mal @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Pokemon fan? Play X and Y? Wynaut check out the

MLP Forums Pokemon League!

Alrighty then, I think I'll take you up on that then and make an application: I can work my ignorance into a character!

I've got a few idea for a character: two questions before I piece an application together then.

Prefer a guy or a girl?

Prefer serious or silly?

Just like to know so that I'm not doing something like applying as a guy if you already have an imbalance or something.

Never quite forgotten.

@@Thepumpkinking,

That was a little further up this page, but like I said, if it looks well written and meets my standards I may still accept more people ;) So if you want to go ahead and apply feel free to - worst thing that could happen is not getting accepted, right?

@,

Well, Johto is generation two, so... You could go ahead and apply if you'd like, Cinder! :P The only things you wouldn't understand immediately would be pokemon or moves that were introduced in later generations... And a quick search on Bulbapedia (love that website) or a quick PM to me could help with anything ya don't understand.

Ok how's this :D

Girl

What's your name?

My name is Loraine

Um, well I'm not to fancy. I have short black hair that runs mid way on my neck. I have dark blue eyes, I wear light blue tank top, and blue denim jeans with my running shoes.

Well....um lets see.... I'm not to social with others, hate being the center of attention. But I don't give up, no matter what. I basically came here for the fun of the battles, but it doesn't matter to me if I win or lose, it's the experience of it all. I try to be nice, unless you get on my nerves then I have to shut you out. I'm not good with Pokemon unless I know them on a personal level, so don't come to me for questions.

Unova, pretty small town, my type of place.

How old are you?

I am 23, and still going.

Well I bring along with my my lifetime partner and friend, glaceon. She never leaves my side, nor do I need to have her in a pokeball. She knows quick attack, icy wind, ice shard, and mirror coat.

@@Thepumpkinking

I'm sorry, I don't think I can accept this character.  The app doesn't quite meet my expectations, and as I stated before I'm being pickier about who joins now that we've had enough join to start the RP.

@,

Umm, I think right now there's 1 more girl than boy, but that's just because N is playing the sister duo.  So honestly you can go with whichever you prefer.  As far as serious versus silly?  Really I don't have too much of a preference, as long as it doesn't go to like, one extreme or the other XD  Y'know, cracking jokes while everyone is in a sad situation or too serious to ever crack a smile...  :P

I think the current characters lean a little more towards the serious side, but that doesn't speak for all of them.  And some players are using their pokemon for other personalities, to give their more serious or antisocial trainers opportunities to interact with the other characters ^_^

umbreon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Espeon: Locked @Umbreon: Lhee @Leafeon: Firebolt @Glaceon: Mal @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

@@Thepumpkinking,

I'm sorry, I don't think I can accept this character. The app doesn't quite meet my expectations, and as I stated before I'm being pickier about who joins now that we've had enough join to start the RP.

@,

Umm, I think right now there's 1 more girl than boy, but that's just because N is playing the sister duo. So honestly you can go with whichever you prefer. As far as serious versus silly? Really I don't have too much of a preference, as long as it doesn't go to like, one extreme or the other XD Y'know, cracking jokes while everyone is in a sad situation or too serious to ever crack a smile... :P

I think the current characters lean a little more towards the serious side, but that doesn't speak for all of them. And some players are using their pokemon for other personalities, to give their more serious or antisocial trainers opportunities to interact with the other characters ^_^

Oh....okay, well thanks for at least giving me a chance to try :/

I'm a lady.

What's your name?

Cassie. Sometimes Cass.

I have short brown hair, with the signature blue streak in it. The streak is dark blue, with a cyan on the edge. I wear a shortsleeved dress with a hood and a dark belt, matching the cyan of my hair streak.

I... I like a laugh. I'm bubbly, I talk a lot, and I tend to be sassy and sarcastic. But I don't let that get in the way of me getting things done.

Cyllage City in Kalos.

How old are you?

Don't you know it's impolite to ask a woman her age? :P

I'm bringing my Floette. She knows Misty Terrain, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind and Vine Whip.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your post, I'm playing Dark Souls 2. Dx

[Filler]

Just a bit of advance notice to everyone, I'm likely to stop actively posting for Cecil soon.  With people actively dealing with wild Pokemon the DM-heavy part of the Roleplay is coming into play is all, so he's going off on his own to do his own thing.  Don't worry though, he'll be back!  And by pulling him out early like this, it gives me a little leeway with the story.  I can stick him in anywhere if the story ends up a little slower at a certain spot that I didn't foresee.

• Brohoof 1

umbreon.gif

Eeveelutions:

Boy, but I tend to enjoy genderbending <3

What's your name?

Excuse you.  Everybody knows who I am.  Munashe's the name, though my friends and family call me Muna for short.

Really?  Wow, okay, you seriously need to look me up or something.  The real question is what don't I look like.  I'm always in the know with the latest trends and fashion, so I almost never wear the same outfit twice, but I'm always fabulous.  I'm half black and half white, and my skin is dark, kind of coffee colored.  My hair is in dreads and I usually wear them up, whether in a messy bun or tied in a ponytail behind my head, depends on my mood.  I'm pretty tall, 6'1", which I get from my dad.  I have my mother's blue eyes, which throws a lot of people for a loop when they first see me.

I'm probably the most amazing person you'll ever meet.  I don't mean to sound conceited or anything, I just state the facts 'cause I'm blunt and to-the-point.  Also, I don't take no crap from nobody!  I trust people rather easily, but cross me and you'll be sorry.  I have my connections and I am not squeamish to resort to revenge.  I have a talent for seeing the fake-ness in people, too.  If you manage to prove yourself to be a wonderful friend, then I may show you the more caring and thoughtful sides to my personality. 

Unova!  I'm from Castelia City, and I used to write an article in the Unova newspaper.  I called it "Things That Are #2fab4u".  That's part of the reason I've traveled overseas; to find the most fabulous of things around the world!

How old are you?

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure?  (And what moves does it know?)

My beloved partner and assistant, Audino!  <3 She has been with me for most of my life, ever since I was a little muffin.  She can hold her own in a battle with Doubleslap, Heal Pulse, Protect, and Secret Power.

Edited by Sylveon
  • Brohoof 1

sylveon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos     @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee       @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Pokemon fan?  Play X and Y?  Wynaut check out the MLP Forums Pokemon League!

@@Sylveon

Wow, that character...  Sounds interesting, to say the least XD  Accepted and added to the initial post.  Jump in whenever.

umbreon.gif

Eeveelutions:

Guess I might as well put what Alery's old Magma team here. I didn't want him to have a Garchomp, and Gabite evolves at level 48, so I came to the conclusion that his team varies from mid 40s to early 50s.

Heph the Arcanine- given to a friend of his to keep as a pet with his family.

arcanine.gif

Abel the Honchkrow- Given to Sydney the Elite Four member.

honchkrow.gif

Cain the Crobat- Given to Winona the Gym Leader for tougher trainers

crobat.gif

Jet the Gabite (Close to evolving)- Given to Drake of the Elite Four (Why was Alery apparently so tight with the Elite 4?)

gabite.gif

Cheshire the Haunter/Gengar- Was a Haunter. Evolved when given to Phoebe of the Elite 4 (I swear I'm not doing this on purpose >.< His team just keeps happening to be types of the Hoenn League!))

haunter.gif -> gengar.gif

Strife the Luxray- Gave her to a fairly strong trainer that was okayish friends with Alery. (I tried really hard not just have it so he gave her to Wattson)

luxray.gif

@,

That almost makes me want to post Cilla and Sable's old Plasma teams but it would be kinda pointless and I'm not even sure what Pokemon they would use. :P  

vaporeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @SylveonDon'tDropThatDedenne

@,

That almost makes me want to post Cilla and Sable's old Plasma teams but it would be kinda pointless and I'm not even sure what Pokemon they would use. :P  

And now I want to post the pokemon Stella acquired in Hoenn, Unova and Kalos. v.v

I might later. 

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@@Vaporeon,@@Leafeon,

Haha I didn't mean to start something! Just figured he would reference them a lot, since he sometimes regrets starting over and leaving his team behind.

Literally the only basis I had on what was on his team was that they would be darker(ish... Looking) Pokemon like Crobat and Luxray. Ironically, the only Dark type he had was his Honchkrow. 

And now I want to post the pokemon Stella acquired in Hoenn, Unova and Kalos. v.v

I might later. 

If we plan on ever using these characters again we can make profiles for them like we do for pony OCs. It would work even better if we could somehow start linking the RPs we use them in together so whenever one of us makes another Pokemon RP we can keep it in the same canon. Just a thought.  ;)

• Brohoof 3

vaporeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @SylveonDon'tDropThatDedenne

Vaporeon, on 18 Mar 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

If we plan on ever using these characters again we can make profiles for them like we do for pony OCs. It would work even better if we could somehow start linking the RPs we use them in together so whenever one of us makes another Pokemon RP we can keep it in the same canon. Just a thought. ;)

This.

I approve of this. I will most likely do this at some point. Since I'm planning a Unova RP at some point maybe, that'd be cool.

Anyways, I suppose I'll list off pokemon Stella has had so if I mention them people kinda know what I'm talking about. I won't get into specifics, though.

Hoenn - Bellossom (F), Absol (M), Altaria (M), Seviper (F), Milotic (F), Metagross

Unova - Lilligant (F), Whimsicott (F), Mienshao (M), Chandelure (M), Reuniclus (F), Hydreigon (F)

Kalos - Greninja (F), Furfrou (F), Charizard (M), Roserade (F), Heliolisk (M), Goodra (M)

EDIT: I've changed up the teams a bit, but don't feel like reposting. So yea.

Edited by Leafeon
  • Brohoof 1

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

Since Muna's 24, I'll assume he's made other Pokemon friends besides Audino in his lifetime, haha.  He's just now journeying worldwide, so I'll stick to Pokemon you can find in the Unova region.

Munna (F), Leavanny (M), Lilligant (F), Cinccino (M), Swanna (F), Mienshao (F)

Edited by Sylveon

sylveon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos     @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee       @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Pokemon fan?  Play X and Y?  Wynaut check out the MLP Forums Pokemon League!