Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Johto Storm (Pokemon RP)

Umbreon

RP Thread

It's been a few years since Gold battled Red atop Mount Silver, hasn't it?  Yes, it's been very quiet in the area since then...  No one has managed to take his title as champion yet, I don't believe.

But, you know what they say, the tougher the challenge the more challengers it draws...  And that's where our story begins!  I'm Professor Elm, living here in New Bark Town.  Lately our region has been seeing a large influx of foreign trainers, and so this invitation is extended to anyone coming to challenge the Johto league!  Please, come and visit my lab before starting your journey, there are many things we should discuss before you step foot into the area...  After all, a region can change quite a bit in three years!  Including the Pokemon that show up here!

Oh, and...  *nervous laughter*  You may have heard some...  Unsettling rumors about shady characters in our region?  Let me assure you now...  Completely unfounded!  Heh...  Heh heh...

*Clears throat*  Okay, where was I?  Oh, right!  OOC thread!  Anyways yep, it's about like it sounds, a Pokemon RP based in the Johto region.  There will be an over-arcing storyline other than just standard training and badge collecting though!  There's also a high chance that it will bleed over into Kanto.  (It will bleed over into Kanto.)

Rules (Yes.  Read them.  It isn't that long.)

1.  I'm not going to be accepting a massive number of people into this roleplay.  Something like a Pokemon RP takes a lot of DM'ing, and it just gets more and more complicated the more people that join.  I don't have a set number of characters I'm letting in, I plan to keep it small though.

2.  On a similar note, it won't be first come first serve.  I'm going to be somewhat selective about who gets in.  Grammar is a necessity, as well as a decent understanding of the Pokemon world.  RP experience doesn't hurt either.  If I decline your application, please do not try to argue about it.

3.  I'll be controlling NPC's - this includes wild pokemon.  So no, you can't say you found a Dragonite shortly after the beginning.

3 1/2.  Don't request to run into certain pokemon.  I just might make someone else run into it instead out of spite.  I'm trying to remain an unbiased DM here!

4.  No god-modding / other standard RP rules that I don't need to explain, because you already understand these if you're joining.

5.  Pacing for the RP may not be super fast paced, but I don't want it to be super slow either.  Sometimes I may get a few posts off a day, other times I may get a post off every few days.  Please have patience with your fellow RP'ers!

6.  Don't make your pokemon OP.  I'm going to leave things like Evolution / learning new moves up to the Player.  However, I don't want to see something like that every other post.  Things like that are supposed to take time and hard work.

7.  Romance is absolutely fine.  Romance is encouraged really, it adds depth and character development.  Just don't let it become the focus of the RP, please.  And this really doesn't need to be said, but keep it SFW.

8.  There may be some posts that don't directly impact characters immediately - that's because the region is huge, and there will be an unfolding story!  So if something happens on the other side of a region, you won't know about it immediately!  Though give it time and you could, of course, start hearing rumors about whatever is happening ;)

9*.  Try not to start with something too powerful as your starter pokemon - leave room to grow!  That's part of the fun of an RP like this!  If you're not sure what would be too powerful, check out some of the already accepted characters.  

Character Application

Huh?  Oh, uh...  Here, fill out this paperwork for me, would you?

First things first, are you a boy or a girl?

What's your name?

Briefly, what do you look like?

Give us a quick idea for your personality.

Where are you from originally?

How old are you?

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure?  (And what moves does it know?)

Example Application (My character)

Boy, last I checked.

What's your name?

Name?  That'd be Cecil.  Pleased to meet ya, I guess?

Look like?  Jeez, this would be easier if I had a picture...  I don't know, a little on the tall side, blonde hair that falls to my shoulders, blue eyes...  Blue jeans and a white tank top, hiking boots...  I'm really not all that complicated.

Just kind of laid back, I guess.  I dunno, I'm more here for the fun than I am trying to become the champion.  Fairly easy to get along with...  I know my stuff, though!  Mostly because I'm kind of a nerd, but oh well.  If you have a question about a pokemon, feel free to ask.  If I don't know it right off, I can try and look it up for you.

Unova.  You...  Probably wouldn't know the town.  It's pretty small.

How old are you?

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure?  (And what moves does it know?)

Heh, that'd be my Zorua!  Right now he knows Taunt, Snarl, Fake Tears, and Fury Swipes.

Descriptive posts

Rt.29 - Page 1

Rt.46 - Page 2

Cherrygrove City - Page 4

Dark Cave (Rt.46) - Page 4

Rt.30 - Page 4

Dark Cave (Deep, South) - Page 6

Dark Cave (North, Rt.45) - Page 8

Rt.31 - Page 9

Dark Cave (Rt.31) - Page 11

Rt.45 - Page 11

Violet City - Page 11

Blackthorn City - Page 11

Dragon's Den - Page 15

Ice Path (Blackthorn) - Page 18

Route 36 - Page 19

Route 37 - Page 22

Route 42 - Page 23

Edited by Umbreon
  • Brohoof 3

First things first, are you a boy or a girl? A girl, obviously.

What's your name? It's Stella.

Briefly, what do you look like? I have long, red hair ((Please see my avatar. I can't explain the style for the life of me.)), which perfectly contrasts pretty much every part of my outfit. I wear a dark green trench coat dress, and boots of the same colour that go up to my knees. I have bright green eyes as well.

Give us a quick idea for your personality. I could care less for what people think of me, as I much prefer the company of pokemon. Through all the regions I've travelled, I've never travelled with someone (Despite their best efforts), and I do not intend to. Pokemon are much better company anyway. I also am known to be fairly overconfident. I think in the heat of the moment. If something requires thought through a long period of time, don't expect me to get it.

Where are you from originally? I'm from Hoenn, though I recently travelled through Kalos.

How old are you? 19, though I look older, I guess.

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure?  (And what moves does it know?) That'd be my darling Helioptile. While I was traveling through Kalos, I caught one and raised it into a Heliolisk. I figured using the heir to him would be fun. She currently knows Charge, Parabolic Charge, Thunder Wave, and Grass Knot ((Not sure if that last one's too OP for right now. If it is, replace with Flash.)). Her ability is Dry Skin.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 1

Now that I've sadly distanced myself with the Gijinka Academy, I will most likely have enough time for this! This time, I'll be introducing a new member of the Witlock family, cousin to Cedric and Revvy.

First things first, are you a boy or a girl? I'm a guy.

What's your name? Alery Witlock... Alery's a unisex name alright?

Briefly, what do you look like? Well I have incredibly dark red, almost brown, hair that goes down to around my shoulders and stark blue eyes, sorta the staple of my family as I'm told. I've also got the Team Magma symbol tattooed onto the left side of my neck ((The plain black one not the one with the red lines and stuff)). I usually wear a maroon v-neck and a black leather jacket, as well as black jeans and red sneakers. 

Give us a quick idea for your personality. Well, I often times got told I was too nice... So much that I actually would have probably been kicked out of Team Magma if I hadn't left myself. I just cared too much about people to really try and accept what Magma was doing. So basically, I'm just a nice person overall. Guess I might have trust issues, in the sense that I trust people a little too much... Tryin to work on that... 

Where are you from originally? Well when I was like 4 I was taken away from my family in Kanto and taken to Hoenn to become a prat of Team Magma. I actually rose pretty far through the ranks, as far as to briefly become an admin before I left. They gave me a bunch of Pokemon, but I left them to other responsible trainers and took the son of my Arcanine as my Pokemon companion here in Johto. I hope to head back over to Kanto some time during the journey to really meet my parents... The only family I've ever met was my cousin, Callie.

How old are you? 22.

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure?  (And what moves does it know?) I'll be bringing my Growlithe, Vulcan, who I sometimes call Vee, with me on this journey. He's the son of my Arcanine from Magma, Heph. Vee knows Bite, Ember, Flame Wheel, and Dig and his ability is Intimidate.

((When Alery makes it to Azalea, I might briefly have him meet Cedric and Cedric's parents, if that's alright with you.))

Edited by Ampharos
  • Brohoof 1

This seems like an odd question, I am obviously a boy.

What's your name?

Apollo is what they call me.

Well my hair is fairly short, its brown and it fairly messy, like windswept messy, so it still looks good. I have hazel eyes, and rectangular glasses. I am tall and thin but not very muscular. I wear zip-up hoodies and jeans normally, but am not afraid to put on something smarter and better looking.

Well, normally I keep to myself, but if I get to know you, then I start to act, well, really really weird, especially if I am tired. I am fairly laid back and lazy, but I can get worked up, sometimes to a kinda obnoxious level. I am told that I can be very fun and passionate about the things I enjoy.

Born and raised in Sinnoh. Snowpoint City to be specific. Tis a cold place there, but I recently decided to go off and make my own way in the world, and well, now here I am.

How old are you?

Nineteen. My birthday is close to the end of the year.

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure? (And what moves does it know?)

My partner is Lucario. My parents gave me a pokemon egg they had found for my tenth birthday. Not long after, it hatched into a Riolu, and about half a year back, evolved into Lucario. We have fought and trained together for a long time. She currently is capable of the moves Quick Attack, Me First, Power Up Punch, and Swords Dance.

Additional information on Lucario:

Nickname: Jet

Personality: Somewhat rebelious, but loyal to and a little bit overprotective of Apollo

Unique characteristics: A little tuft of fur on her forehead, and an unzipped hooded jacket with a furry base and hood lining.

(Just lemmie know if there is anything wrong with my app, and I will change it if need be.)

[Edit: Changed Lucario's moveset. Removed Close Combat and Metal Claw and added Me First and Power Up Punch, reducing this Lucario's usable STAB moves from 2 to 1.]

[Edit 2: Changed Extreme Speed to Quick Attack.]

[Edit 3: Added unique traits and a better description to Lucario.]

Edited by Knight Artorias

(edited)

Characters and their pokemon (Will keep this section up to date)

Stella and Elias, played by Leafeon.  Pokemon:  Helioptile, Phanpy, Gyarados, Axew, Cubchoo  /  Elgyem, Bunnelby, Bonsly, Deerling

Alery and Callie, played by Jolteon.  Pokemon:  Growlithe, Rattata, Murkrow, Buizel  /  Trapinch

Cassie, played by Flareon.  Pokemon:  Floette, Ledyba

Cilla and Sable, played by Vaporeon.  Pokemon:  Espeon, Aipom, Marill, Drillbur, Nidoran♀, Deerling /  Umbreon, Galvantula, Rufflet,  Goomy

Munashe, played by Sylveon.  Pokemon:  Audino, Cascoon

Jason, played by Glaceon.  Pokemon:  Glaceon, Joltik

Allen, played by Aerodynas.  Pokemon:  Noibat

Abigail, played by Aged Rain.  Pokemon:  Clefairy, Krabby, Eevee(Egg), Vulpix, Heracross, Pineco, 

Team Storm:

Member:  Kaleb

First Appearance:  Violet City

Description:  Lazy, short brown hair, always wears a red bandana

Pokemon:  Chandelure, Slaking, Mightyena, Slowbro, ?, ?

Member:  Viro

First Appearance:  Blackthorne City

Description:  Purple hair held in pigtails, very hyper and happy personality

Pokemon:  Mawile, Vileplume, Chatot, Seviper, Starmie, ?

Member:  Yiree

First Appearance:  Blackthorne City

Description:  Short white hair, professional looking, very serious

Pokemon:  Beartic, Altaria, Emolga, Zangoose, Absol, Gardevoir

Member:  Yang

First Appearance:  Storm Base

Description:  Massive and muscular, mostly bald, blonde braided ponytail & fu-man-chu 'stache.  Chains around his forearms.

Pokemon: ?,?,?,?,?,?

Edited by Umbreon
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Sounds like a good deal. I will get right on that.

I am gonna stay within the parameters of what he can learn though, I was just thinking of things that didn't seem waaay overpowered, like Aura Sphere, and Dragon Pulse.

Ill go review his possible moves and then edit the post. :)

• Brohoof 1

@

Looks a lot better, only thing I'm still not sure about is Extreme Speed.  That's still a pretty tough move, would you be willing to change it to Quick Attack?  I don't want to seem nitpicky about this, I'm just trying to keep everyone fairly balanced to start with.  There's always the possibility he might replace it with ExtremeSpeed later in the roleplay - I know it's an egg move, but eh, that's just game mechanics.  Roleplays can't work strictly off of game rules anyways, this is going to be a mix of that, Anime rules, and just working with each other as we RP.

If you can change that though, I'll add you to the character list without another complaint ^_^

I figured using the heir to him would be fun.

He's the son of my Arcanine from Magma, Heph

I literally just read your post and was quite frightened we had the same idea in regards to the Pokemon our characters are bringing XD 

-First things first, are you a boy or a girl?

A boy

-What's your name?

Cecil

-Briefly, what do you look like?

I have a brown hair,with browns eyes too.I'm high(5'3ft) and i tend to wear long jeans,even when the temperature is high.I never weat hats,and i'll never wear them.

-Give us a quick idea for your personality.

I'm alwatys trying to be happy,but i can get easily angry.I tend to think before acting,but if i'm on a hard situation,i'll do the first thing that passes through my head,even if that's a madness.

-Where are you from originally?

I've came from Kanto.Speccifically from Cerulean City.

-How old are you?

14 years old

-What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure? (And what moves does it know?)

As long i can remember,since my father caught her when i was 10,Dratini has been my partner since my journey start,and we both had created a deep bound of friendship...

She knows the following moves:

Thunder Wave,Water Gun,Ember and Thundershock

((If i have to correct something,don't hesitate and let me know at the moment :P ))

Edited by Lightwing

I literally just read your post and was quite frightened we had the same idea in regards to the Pokemon our characters are bringing XD 

True. The only difference is mine is vastly superior.

And no, I will not take you up on a battle once the RP starts. Dry Skin aint that great against fire types. You understand, no? <3

@,

Wasn't planning on it that early on. Although I can't stop Alery from trying if he meets Stella XD Although he isn't really the kind of guy to run around asking people for battles. Probably gonna have him avoid people at first.

• Brohoof 1

@

Looks a lot better, only thing I'm still not sure about is Extreme Speed.  That's still a pretty tough move, would you be willing to change it to Quick Attack?  I don't want to seem nitpicky about this, I'm just trying to keep everyone fairly balanced to start with.  There's always the possibility he might replace it with ExtremeSpeed later in the roleplay - I know it's an egg move, but eh, that's just game mechanics.  Roleplays can't work strictly off of game rules anyways, this is going to be a mix of that, Anime rules, and just working with each other as we RP.

If you can change that though, I'll add you to the character list without another complaint ^_^

Okay, thats fine.

-First things first, are you a boy or a girl?

A boy

-What's your name?

Joel

-Briefly, what do you look like?

I have a brown hair,with browns eyes too.I'm high(5'3ft) and i tend to wear long jeans,even when the temperature is high.I never weat hats,and i'll never wear them.

-Give us a quick idea for your personality.

I'm alwatys trying to be happy,but i can get easily angry.I tend to think before acting,but if i'm on a hard situation,i'll do the first thing that passes through my head,even if that's a madness.

-Where are you from originally?

I've came from Kanto.Speccifically from Cerulean City.

-How old are you?

20 years old

-What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure? (And what moves does it know?)

As long i can remember,since my father caught her when i was 10,Dratini has been my partner since my journey start,and we both had created a deep bound of friendship...

She knows the following moves:

Thunder Wave,Water Gun,Ember and Thundershock

((If i have to correct something,don't hesitate and let me know at the moment :P ))

J-joel?

Well thats this side of the spectrum. That happens to be my real name. xD If you reeeeally want to use it, I am cool with it, but it would be kinda convenient (meaning a confusion prevention mechanism) for me if you used a different name.

Okay, thats fine.

J-joel?

Well thats this side of the spectrum. That happens to be my real name. xD If you reeeeally want to use it, I am cool with it, but it would be kinda convenient (meaning a confusion prevention mechanism) for me if you used a different name.

Ok :3

I'll change it now ^_^

OT:And that's my real name too xD

@

Looks good now, thanks for that!  I'll add you to the character list.

@@Lightwing,

I'm sorry, based on the app, I don't think you quite meet the standards I have in mind for this RP.  Namely rule #2 and the section about the grammar.  (Also, you changed the name from Joel to Cecil?  You did see there's already a character named Cecil?  Lol)

Seroiusly? You didn't even look at the DM's own character?

Ok...second time...i'll try 1 last time

I'm a lady.

What's your name?

Cassie. Sometimes Cass.

I have short brown hair, with the signature blue streak in it. The streak is dark blue, with a cyan on the edge. I wear a shortsleeved dress with a hood and a dark belt, matching the cyan of my hair streak.

I... I like a laugh. I'm bubbly, I talk a lot, and I tend to be sassy and sarcastic. But I don't let that get in the way of me getting things done.

Cyllage City in Kalos.

How old are you?

Don't you know it's impolite to ask a woman her age? :P

I'm bringing my Floette. She knows Misty Terrain, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind and Vine Whip.

@,

ah dangit my nerdiness for pokemon forced me to sign up.

i am a girl

What's your name?

My name is Sekashi

Well i have Black hair with blue eyes i'm quite tall (6'1ft) and i usually wear a black skirt  and a black shirt a long with it. I'm pretty gothic looking.

(i am not good when it comes to describing a humans appearance without pictures)

Well i can be quite shy sometimes though i am usually energetic and jumpy and pretty difficult to anger and annoy. And i'm a bit impatient.

I came from the Johto region specifically Violet City

How old are you?

I am 16 years old

I have my best friend Manectric i call her Nightstrike since she's fast and awesome and she knows the the following moves.

Electro Ball,Flame Burst,Thunder Wave,Swift 

This was suppose to be a Braviary but i figured it would be too powerful and it was a hard decission between Sawsbuck and Manectric.

i bet 8/10 this will be declined like every almost every dam pokemon rp i try to join.

@

Accepted, adding to the initial post.

@,

I'm sorry Moonlight, but I have somewhat high standards.  Based on your grammar I've seen in your app and in posts before, I can't accept you.  I'm not trying to be mean, and I don't mean any offense by this, but you mentioned before that you know your grammar is an issue in some of these RP's?  Why don't you try working at that if you know it's a barrier?  I by no means want to discourage anyone away from roleplaying because of my personal preferences.

(Since you told me I could have two characters over Skype I'll be doing just that. As you'll see they are sisters who don't quite get along.)

I'm a girl.

What's your name?

Cilla

Let's see. I have rather long red hair, that I keep in a ponytail, and blue eyes. I wear a blue scarf, gray shirt, and very light white coat. My pants are black as are my shoes though they have a little blue line across them.

I am quiet and gentle but not timid. I never really enjoyed Pokemon battles which is probably what led me to join Team Plasma, though that is a story for another time. Anyway, I'm easy to get along with though I usually tend to keep to myself. 

Floccesy Town in Unova. I use to always play with the Mareep in the ranch as well as help out with some chores here and there.

How old are you?

I am 19.

I use to have more Pokemon but I released them after joining Team Plasma. The only one that stayed was my darling Eevee that soon evolved into Espeon. She knows Psybeam, Quick Attack, Swift, and Helping Hand.

I'm a girl.

What's your name?

The name's Sable

I have short blue hair and green eyes. I normally wear two black bandannas, one around my neck and one on my head. I have a white tank top, dark gray jacket, light gray pants and black boots. Oh, I can't forget my fingerless gloves which are black with a bit of blue at the wrist.

Unlike my older sister I'm rash and, according to her, hardheaded. I use to get into trouble a lot and really don't like being told what to do. The only thing I have in common with my sister is that we both like being by ourselves with only our Pokemon to keep us company.

I come from Floccesy Town which in Unova. I always liked going over to Virbank City and listening to Roxie's band as well as seeing the new movies at Pokestar Studios. My sister never wanted to come with me though, she always liked hanging around that stupid ranch.

How old are you?

I'm 18.

I nearly had a full team before I joined Team Plasma. Heck I probably could have taken on the Pokemon League but one thing led to another and...Well now all I have is Umbreon. He knows Quick Attack, Confuse Ray, Feint Attack, and Helping Hand.

Edited by N-Harmonia

(edited)

@

Accepted and added to the main post.  On that note I think we have plenty of players to start the roleplay, so I'll get to work on that soon.  

So, consider the roleplay now "closed" to new applicants.  Closed is in quotations because, like I said in the rules, I didn't have a set number of players in mind when I made it.  So if someone has a particularly well written application, I might still let another join.  However, since we do have a decent number of people, I will probably be pickier about who gets in.

@@,@, @@Ampharos, @,  

Hey!  Roleplay is up!  http://mlpforums.com/topic/91215-johto-storm/#entry2407223

I know, I know, the bus is a boring setting.  It won't last very long, it's just to put all of the characters in the same scene to start with.  It will arrive at the lab with my next post, then everyone can work on going their own directions XD

On a similar note:  Cecil may or may not be posted for much.  Of course I will post for him if he's being directly interacted with:  if he's not being posted for specifically, it can be assumed that he's off doing his own thing.  Since I imagine my role here is going to be more on the DM side than on the player side, I included Cecil as my own OC more as a plot device than anything.

If you played W2 or B2, consider him along the lines of Hugh.  He's friendly, he'll show up quite a bit, and he'll help keep the story rolling.  Now I'm not saying don't interact with him - feel free to!  I just didn't want anyone to wonder what was up with him if he doesn't get posted for during a route and then suddenly shows up at the next town.

Edited by Lhee
  • Brohoof 2

I have a question.

What will we have at the start in terms of equipment? Meaning money, pokeballs, status healers, potions, and the such.

I asked Lhee this on Skype, and the answer is that these items are basically unlimited. Pokemarts won't be a thing, really.

However, you cannot use healing items and the like during a battle, much like the anime.

• Brohoof 1