Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NCAA ESPN March Madness Group

Frostgage

(edited)

Gah, today is not going well for me. Especially frustrated I picked Umass, I watch them quite a bit and I knew they were capable of playing like crap. I have no idea how we got a 6 seed, I was expecting them to be a 9 or 10.

Edited by Frostgage

Gah, today is not going well for me. Especially frustrated I picked Umass, I watch them quite a bit and I knew they were capable of playing like crap. I have no idea how we got a 6 seed, I was expecting them to be a 9 or 10.

At least you didn't think Wisconsin was going to blow it like I did :(

• Brohoof 1

At least you didn't think Wisconsin was going to blow it like I did :(

I actually have them winning it all. :lol:

As for this Umass game, I just turned it off. It's making me sick to watch.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... I did a somewhat in-depth statistical analysis of each team in the field before picking my bracket, and after looking at the numbers I immediately pegged UMass for "higher seeded team most likely to drop their first game by double digits". Turns out Colorado was most deserving of that distinction, but it seems I wasn't far off.

Pretty sure the Mercer-Duke game wrecked all the remaining perfect brackets. Early on I was considering pulling the trigger on that upset, but I chickened out. Then I ended up picking Duke to go to the Final Four.

I'd normally be angry about a development like this, but I'm too busy laughing, because screw Duke so hard. XD

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... I did a somewhat in-depth statistical analysis of each team in the field before picking my bracket, and after looking at the numbers I immediately pegged UMass for "higher seeded team most likely to drop their first game by double digits". Turns out Colorado was most deserving of that distinction, but it seems I wasn't far off.

Pretty sure the Mercer-Duke game wrecked all the remaining perfect brackets. Early on I was considering pulling the trigger on that upset, but I chickened out. Then I ended up picking Duke to go to the Final Four.

I'd normally be angry about a development like this, but I'm too busy laughing, because screw Duke so hard. XD

I only had Duke going to the Sweet 16, so I didn't get screwed over too much. That, combined with my mistake with Wisconsin though... I thought they were chokers :s. At least Oklahoma choked, and at least Stanford won :3

I only had Duke going to the Sweet 16, so I didn't get screwed over too much. That, combined with my mistake with Wisconsin though... I thought they were chokers :s. At least Oklahoma choked, and at least Stanford won :3

To your credit, Wisconsin has choked frequently in the tournament (they've lost to lower seeds with inexcusable frequency), so your conclusion made sense. But this team has been... different, somehow. All five of their starters can score from anywhere on the court. They actually have a legit NBA prospect in Dekker, and maybe Nigel Hayes in a couple of years. And because of that they're less prone to the things that bit them in the past. Namely, a tendency to go 7-8 minutes without scoring at the worst possible time.

I like our chances against Baylor today, because all of the pundits seem to be going with Baylor and the Badgers tend to play better when everyone assumes they're gonna lose.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I will be so disappointed in myself if Dayton wins. I originally had them in the Elite Eight but convinced myself that was insane, so I picked them to lose to Kansas in this game. We all know how that turned out. :blush:

They're looking real good against Stanford right now, too. I need to trust my instincts more...

Edited by Frostgage

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that was a really exciting tournament this year. It's not often you get a 7 vs. 8 final, even if they are Uconn and Kentucky. To be fair though, I don't think anyone expected Uconn to make a run like this, especially after almost losing to St. Joseph's in the first round.

I have to say that was a really exciting tournament this year. It's not often you get a 7 vs. 8 final, even if they are Uconn and Kentucky. To be fair though, I don't think anyone expected Uconn to make a run like this, especially after almost losing to St. Joseph's in the first round.

Yeah, I had them beating Villanova and going to the Sweet 16, but that was it. Incredible run by them.

• Brohoof 1