Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should King Sombra make a comeback?

Rarity Paige Belle

I would love to see it happen in the show somehow. His character was so flat in "The Crystal Empire", but there's so much the writers could do with him if they tried. It's always fun when show writers open up and explore the history lore of the worlds they create. :D

• Brohoof 2

That would be cool, but King Sombra is dead, un less he comes back out of the nowhere, or he wasn´t dead, he was just sent to another dimension/place and he manages to escape and comeback!

In the comics, it looks like there's going to be some shipping going on between Sombra and Celestia!

It would be awesome to see him get some background development, or even more than 5 lines of spoken lines, but McCarthey herself pretty much said he is dead jim. Which is a shame, for a character with such a potential for presence, they really didn't do anything with him.

• Brohoof 1

Sombra had 1 line. And I don't remember what that is. Sombra was also given barely any backstory to develop, or room to roam. Hasbro just put him in the show, then took him out

Just like Princess Luna in S1.........

Anyways I would like to see Sombra come back but not as himself but his soul escaping death and corrupting someone

• Brohoof 1

Sombra had 1 line. And I don't remember what that is. Sombra was also given barely any backstory to develop, or room to roam. Hasbro just put him in the show, then took him out

The only line I can remember him saying was no as he got blasted by the heart. And I did feel like he was a throwaway villain. They gave him a pretty interesting design, and then just kinda tossed him away after the two parter.

• Brohoof 2

I've gotta admit, I'd like to see his character brought back and expanded upon. At the very LEAST, explain how he got to how he was before the whole Crystal Empire story.

I do agree that the way he was played off reminds me a bit too much of a Power Rangers baddie of the week or just there for the season finale for attention and drama sakes. But, I mean, come on, how can you have a character like that and NOT want to get a bit more in-depth about who he was, how he got to being so powerful and evil? But... then again, I'm kinda afraid that if they do go into his backstory, it'll be the same ol'-same ol' 'got hungry for power, went nuts, got destroyed in the end by the good guys' storyline. Is it wrong of me to want something kinda... different and more?

• Brohoof 2

As much as I liked him, I agree that dialogue was his weak point.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

I'm 100% with the ones who want to see Sombra come back. He had an interesting design, planned ahead, and managed to outsmart Twilight. He could've been an even bigger threat than even Chrysalis was, and the writers pretty much screwed him over and throwing him away.

Sombra had WAY too much potential to just be thrown away like that. I wanna see the writers at least attempt to bring him back.and flesh out his character more…

Maybe when Twilight ascends her throne? That would be a perfect opportunity!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 2

I'm 100% with the ones who want to see Sombra come back. He had an interesting design, planned ahead, and managed to outsmart Twilight. He could've been an even bigger threat than even Chrysalis was, and the writers pretty much screwed him over and throwing him away.

Sombra had WAY too much potential to just be thrown away like that. I wanna see the writers at least attempt to bring him back.and flesh out his character more…

Maybe when Twilight ascends her throne? That would be a perfect opportunity!

O______O OMG... THIS ^ YES PLEASE. I want.

• Brohoof 1

In the comics, he returned. But since he is actually dead in the show, no.

How do you know he is dead? He could just be temporarily inconvenienced. Or he tactically retreated? (my list of "what ifs?" and "he/she could"'s doesn't end, like sombra's stairs.)

Edited by BritishBrony 13

How do you know he is dead? He could just be temporarily inconvenienced. Or he tactically retreated? (my list of "what ifs?" and "he/she could"'s doesn't end, like sombra's stairs.)

As I keep saying, a 'good' alternate version of him has returned in the comics!