Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The Path to Freedom

BlackShardNixium

"We stand at the edge of pillars; only a few against the entire world. But with our strength, our spirit and love, we shall fight through the hordes of godless darkness and use our spears to pierce the veil of a brighter day."

-Unknown

INSERT RP FORUM HERE

INSERT RP PLAYLIST HERE

All life began with a single spark of light in the darkness. From that light came both balance and chaos; good and evil. Long before Equestria's birth, all that existed in this world was a vast Wilderness, Iredenai, stretching from what many believed to be the End, leading to nowhere but the deepest reaches of the void. The creatures of this untamed land congregated in small groups, lead by only those who were strong enough to murder their way to the top. War, violence, and infighting ran rampant across Iredenai; those born weak were fated to die from the very beginning, while those who were stronger struggled to hold whatever position of power they managed to scrape together. The only hope in a world built upon the blood of others was a legend older than the land itself; a legend that was only whispered in the darkest of nights, dancing through the ages; a jealously guarded secret. It spoke of a land of salvation, a land steeped in light and mystique, a place where there was no war, no bloodshed. There, you would no longer feel the sting of loss or hopelessness. They called it Elysium; their hope for tomorrow. Many tried to find it, only to never be seen or heard form again. Many in positions of power declared Elysium "taboo", forbidding all under their respective reigns from having anything to do with the so-called "paradise". And for a while, many followed this rule. All thoughts of paradise or lands of light and hope faded from the minds of those dwelling in Iredenai until it was all but forgotten by its inhabitants. No one spoke of ever setting out to find Elysium ever again. that is... until today.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everybody! This is the first RP I'll be hosting as StarryNightGenesis and I'm super excited to get started! I had so much fun writing the plot out for this story, so I really hope you enjoy it!

the story begins in a land before the time of Celestia and Luna, as well as Equestria itself. The setting is no longer a world we're familiar with, but a lawless, untamed wilderness known as Iredenai ((irr-eh-den-eye)). This particular setting was heavily inspired by Feudal Era ((also known as Medieval or Warring States Era)) Japan, with large clans and constantly fighting warlords, princes, and governors of all kinds. It is a time of death and darkness; the morals of modern Equestria do not exist here. In the midst of it all is a legend of a paradise known as Elysium, a subject that has also been declared forbidden by many ponies of power throughout the land.

Your Character: is part of a group of close friends living in a small village governed by one of the more powerful warlords of Iredenai, and, stuck under the hoof of a tyrant, life isn't all that great for you. In a desperate attempt at finding salvation for both yourself and your loved ones, you and your friends embark on a perilous journey across Iredenai, with only some rumors and a suspicious map to guide you, to find paradise.

Chaos ensues.

~~~~~~~~

The Players:

Genesis played by StarryNightGenesis 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-character/_/genesis-r6135

~~~~~~~~

The Rules:

• No godmodding/powerplaying
  • No overpowered characters
  • Respect the DM and/or other people of authority
  • Keep it civil in the OOC
  • Respect your fellow players
  • Alicorns can participate BUT they must first be reviewed by me!!
  • In an effort to keep this RP from dying out, please post at least ONE to TWO times a day.
  • Notify me if you will be absent for an extended period of time.

RP THEME:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPbnejYVfTI

Edited by StarryNightGenesis

(edited)

Well, there's no real set villain. I think it would make everything more complicated than it needs to be, considering that there's already a lot going on in the story. Most obstacles the characters face will be NPC's.

(edited)

That's what I mean. It's not about good vs. evil. The story focuses on a group of ponies willing to do anything to get a better life for themselves and their loved ones; that includes going on a long and dangerous journey to find the perfect place to live; paradise. There's no real villain in the story. Sure, they'll face challenges with the land and even within themselves, but there's no need to add a recurring villain to the story. Keeping up with an arch nemesis, as well as trying to navigate the path to Elysium, will just make the story harder to keep up with, and needlessly complicated.

Be that as it may, the entire atmosphere of Iredenai is torment and bloodshed. There isn't a warlord or ruler out there that doesn't want to see Elysium burned; its part of the setting. There's really no need to highlight the darkness factor of the story, because I feel it would best be brought out in a more subtle way; giving the player time to really contemplate what's going on and what to do next. I want this RP to make people think, to question themselves. Its my belief that a set villain is a really obvious way to round out a plot, and has been used time and time again. If the "villain" in the story isn't something you can communicate with or understand, it brings out the players ability to respond and think and problem solve, and makes for an interesting RP. This is what I'm trying to do.