Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Getting made fun of by women for liking MLP.

Azureth

The way I see it, is that we need less gender/race/sexuality equality, and simply more human equality. Sure, equality amongst those three is a nice thought(for some. I still don't get how people can actively think it is wrong for someone to be given the same treatment they feel they themselves deserve); but we're still going to be separating people by those categories, regardless of whether or not they are supposedly equal.
The only thing we should be concerned about, is whether or not every human has the same rights as any other human, and that all people are considered neither better nor worse than another based on biological points. Everything else is moot when it comes down to the person themselves.

Not to be disrespectful of your friend or anything, but my guess is their kids are going to grow up badly with out any moral coding. 3 weeks ago I had 0 intrested in the show but never chastised someone. Never understood it still don't understand aspects of it. But I found the show to be very remenessent of the cartoons I grew up with in the 90s. The animation is simple and enjoyable and it teaches a life lesson which I will say is lacking greatly in media today. Your friend sadly will keep this cycle going in their kids because we as a country as a world have started thinking that making judgements are the only way and refuse to except something we don't understand. I'd think nothing of it, I've been called weird for my anime and my comics but in me I don't judge them back I almost pity them for not allowing themselves to enjoy everything this world can offer wether that be something grand like taking in the sun setting in the grand canyon or something as tiny as a great show about ponys. Sorry if I strayed a bit I tend to do that.

Edited by Digit

Most modern girls will chide you over anything they can. For example, have you seen the fights in highschool that are over how one girl styles her hair? Young women given insulting others over minor differences is nothing new, the entire female clique sociological structure is set up to enable those who participate in the belittling of others. 

Either that, or she is being tsundre, and she wants the D. In which case, apply copious amounts of the D, and then exfil the area immediately, and do not call her the next morning. 

Don't listen to anyone who teases you about being a brony.

Being a brony is one of those things where you have to understand it to like it.

Who knew it's harder to get laid when you enjoy magical talking candy-colored horses? It sure is a surprise to me.

This is somewhere between over-generalizing and sexist.

And yet, almost no females would claim it is sexist for a female to say "all the men are either douchebags, or fedora wearing autists".

From a personal experience regarding this situation, I have only experienced it once, and it was a "Facebook confrontation" so I didn't take it that seriously to begin with. However it was ironically other women that championed in my defense when said argument happened, "masculinity is something that transcends the social norm, what a man does in his spare time isn't what attracts me to him, it's how he treats me, how he feels about me, how he looks and carries himself obviously".- A girl I have been talking to for awhile. lol thought it was well put. I mean, any woman that is put off by what shows you choose to watch or what artistic interests you have, isnt much of a woman worth your time and heart ache.

Many women are just as guilty of clinging onto archaic gender norms as men. Conventional "wisdom" (i.e., anecdotal BS) often tells us that women tend to appreciate guys who embrace their so-called "feminine sides", but there are plenty who still hold the traditionally manly "alpha male" as the preferred norm. Which, of course, prompts them to be just as venomous towards bronies as many self-proclaimed macho men are.

Aside from one of my sisters, I've yet to be made fun of by a woman for my affinity for ponies. Not to my face, anyway. I've actually gotten a few "d'aww"s here and there.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see a issue in there opinion if they are thinking it is too anything of a sort then it is they that need to discover it for themselves we can only give suggestions nothing more.

Really? I know many females and not a single one would tolerate such stereotypes.

Then stay away from Tumblr for the sake of your sanity. I've seen so many She-Ra man haters in there it makes me almost wish I was gay*.

*Side note, I have nothing against homosexuality and I freely admit there's some damn good looking guys out there even if I don't personally swing that way. 

• Brohoof 3

Then stay away from Tumblr for the sake of your sanity. I've seen so many She-Ra man haters in there it makes me almost wish I was gay*.

*Side note, I have nothing against homosexuality and I freely admit there's some damn good looking guys out there even if I don't personally swing that way. 

I personally stick to a very small portion of the internet. I only use about five different websites total, and Tumblr is not one of them.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Brohoof 1

Tumblr feminists scare me. I've heard some legitimately horrifying stuff come from them. I'm pretty sure that's where that one girl called for the castration of all men, or was that some other site? I hope those people are just trolling but I can never tell for sure.

• Brohoof 2

I can speak from a by standard experience, and being a female myself.

Girls are mean, that's just a factor. Not that I'm saying guys are less mean to girls as girls are to guys, but girls are down right mean at times. You'd think that we'd try to better ourselves by not putting men down for liking what we like, that we'd get more support for liking what they like.

Like for example, fishing, football, race cars, robot stuff, sports in general. I could go on here.

Point being it isn't fair, it makes us "open minded ladies" look bad...because if we don't stop dissing genders for what they like simply because they view it as one sided...then we as woman don't stand a chance.

I love Star Trek, thats considered masicline to sum. I also like watching football time and again. I love watching action and horror movies. Are you guys gonna make fun of me for it? NO, heck I know plenty of guys includng my husband, that find that very attractive. Why isn't it attracting when guys like girl stuff? Well my husband will watch the MLP show with me, but he's not a fan. I'd make him watch Moonstruck with me, he's not a fan of that but he enjoyed it. Fact is when he does like stuff I want to do, we have an equal balance and understanding of each other.

Girls can be mean...and its hurting us girls...Stop being mean to guys for what they like and respect it, because at the end of the day they will respect us too.

• Brohoof 1

Tumblr feminists scare me. I've heard some legitimately horrifying stuff come from them. I'm pretty sure that's where that one girl called for the castration of all men, or was that some other site? I hope those people are just trolling but I can never tell for sure.

Not even shitting you, I debated with one that reacted with apathy(maybe even downright thiney-veiled hope) to the threat of some meat-head anti-brony going to Bronycon just to catch people outside and beat the shit out of them. That's how downright violent some of them are. 

• Brohoof 2

post-23625-0-92433900-1397158821_thumb.jpg

Say hello to the tumblr feminist. Everything is sexist is someway, every is designed to oppress womyn, and if you male genitalia, you are the devil on which to blame the worlds issues. 

• Brohoof 4

attachicon.gif1396041993506.jpg

Say hello to the tumblr feminist. Everything is sexist is someway, every is designed to oppress womyn, and if you male genitalia, you are the devil on which to blame the worlds issues. 

Tumblr: The reason we can't have nice things things since 2011. They've made a mockery of legitimate social issues and brainwashed young and vulnerable teens and young adults into adopting and spreading a toxic mindset where everyone that doesn't kiss your ass is out to victimize you.   

• Brohoof 3

Tumblr: The reason we can't have nice things things since 2011. They've made a mockery of legitimate social issues and brainwashed young and vulnerable teens and young adults into adopting and spreading a toxic mindset where everyone that doesn't kiss your ass is out to victimize you.   

The Tumblr SJW scene has done more bad for social issues than good. Having made an image of overwight women in  mobility scooters yelling at all men for oppressing them. Now any social issue that is trying to be worked out is met not only with an infecton of the SJW, but a over all resentment from the people you are trying to help. 

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, well not that I've noticed or anything. But who cares what others think anyway, woman that's like that is obviously close minded. So she's probably not that fun in bed anyway.

Though there is no reason really bringing ponies up when talking to another person who's not a brony.

Gender doesn't determine anything. Girls can be just as bad as guys and vice versa. I know. Because I have a whole school full of the most self centered, bratty, whiny, attention grabbing girls I've ever seen. The guys they look for have muscle, want to use them, treat them disgustingly, or are the typical class clown.

Two different genders; Just the same intentions.

Think of it this way: All the girls/women and boys/men in this fandom are probably, for the most part, the sweetest people you'd ever meet. Outside of this fandom it's just the opposite. But it shows two different genders can act completely the same, as both have their groups of those that are kind and those that are hateful.

We are all generally equal in behavior in our beliefs. There's no one group that acts this way or another. Notice, in our fandom, even I say "for the most part" all of us are sweet. Because for the most part, we are, but I've met a fair share that are surely not.

Edited by FeIix

attachicon.gif1396041993506.jpg

Oh, and if you're a trans woman, you're apparently not a real woman because you were born with male genetalia, thus making you the spawn of Satan. They're sexist and transphobic.

On topic: When you go against society's norms, there will always be people who will ridicule you, regardless of gender. I've actually gotten more flak for being a brony from girls than I have from boys. The fact of the matter is, some people are assholes, some people are not. It really just depends on the person, not their gender.

• Brohoof 2