Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Spike deserve the praise he gets?

ggg-2

in the preview for Equestria Games it shows Spike being hailed as a "hero" and generally being fawned over like some kind of god. but does he deserve it? I say no, because while, yes, he did bring Cadence and Shining armor the crystal heart, that's about the only thing he did and the others did the work. maybe you guys feel different, I dunno.

I believe he does deserve the praise, specially since he's the most prominent butt monkey in the show, so, he kinda deserves respect someplace

• Brohoof 4

They have to do something to make up for all the abuse they piled on him this season. As of last week's episode, the message from "Power Ponies" seems to have finally sunk in. :D

• Brohoof 2

They have to do something to make up for all the abuse they piled on him this season. As of last week's episode, the message from "Power Ponies" seems to have finally sunk in. :D

THIS season? TRY THE WHOLE SERIES  :lol: , poor Spikey-Wikey finally caught a break :P  

• Brohoof 2

I think they're blowing it out of proportion.....

Yes, because all he did was save their empire from the returning tyranny of King Sombra who wanted nothing more to enslave them once more and risking his life in the process, surely he deserves to be continually punished and humiliated for it instead, right?

• Brohoof 3

If it helps, just think of it as a political stunt from Cadence. Giving the ponies a distraction in the form of a hero helps wag the dog while she embezzles, robbing the Crystal Empire of all of its wealth and natural resources

• Brohoof 1

As far as the people at large know and saw it was all Spikes doing. 99% of the ponies present only saw spike running away form Sombre and giving Cadence the crystal heart. They didn't see Twilight go through all the real trouble.

But also its probably just to give Spike some praise since he is one of the most overlooked characters in the show.

I'm not much of a Spike fan, but one could ask the same question about the Mane 6? Everypony deserves the praise they get, I think! :)

• Brohoof 1

He deserves some praise and then some, even when people don't like Spike, I still think that after most of the jokes that have him as the center of them he deserves the praise.

(edited)

What paise? He gets insulted and ridiculed more than any other character in the show. Don't get me wrong I love Spike, he's so funny, and I kinda understand how he probably feels. Season 4 has made him one of the most worthless main characters ever. And although it's funny, I wish they would make him do more good things, instead of him causing all the problems.

Edited by that_cool_nerd_js

Spike deserves as much praise as anyone would for what he did during the Crystal Empire's restoration. The problem is, as always, Spike doesn't know how to handle it. He let's it go to his head and finds a way to blow it out of proportion, intentionally or not. Seems like he may have finally learned his lesson though, given how melancholy he became upon learning the truth of how the fire was started. Maybe because that important detail was given to him as soon as possible whereas I was thinking it would take the whole episode.

Yeah, Spike may not have been the sole savior of the Empire or the world, but he played a key role and shouldn't be totally snubbed as tends to happen. He deserves everypony's respect if not their adoration.

• Brohoof 1

I guess it depends on which side of the "anybody could have done that" philosophy. I actually don't remember how he saved the Crystal Empire (he had to do something for Twilight I remember), but I think somebody needs to be praised for their good deeds, and that person/dragon is Spike!

Besides, he's always the butt of the joke, so I think he should have his self-esteem raised :).