What villain should be redeemed next?

Dawn Wing

@@Dawn Wing,Know what "I" want? I want a self-conscious villain that is aware of the choice she/he made and actually tries to make ammends for things he did.

I wonder if adding a self loathing concept to Chrysalis would add depth. She is forced to feed on love, and to make her children do the same, to prevent the extinction of her race. I know I have read a few fan works that do a decent job into making her into a more sympathetic villain, but without her turning good.

That is how I view her (in my head at least)

I wonder if adding a self loathing concept to Chrysalis would add depth. She is forced to feed on love, and to make her children do the same, to prevent the extinction of her race. I know I have read a few fan works that do a decent job into making her into a more sympathetic villain, but without her turning good.

That is how I view her (in my head at least)

I kinda see her like a sort of Xena that has lost herself. She wants peace but is clueless on how to achieve it.

In my most recent fics i see her as an individual consumed by a war of houses with a shattered soul.

• Brohoof 1

I really think it needs to be Trixie. With her returning for another episode AND getting an appearance in EQG, she kind of deserves it. She's not some super evil being like Tirek or Queen Chrysalis. If Sunset Shimmer can be redeemed, why not Trixie? After all, this is the show called FRIENDSHIP is Magic, right? Where's the Friendship that saves lost souls?

Gilda could be a close second, but they at least need to bring her back or give her a cameo. Build up to it first. :please:

• Brohoof 1

I really think it needs to be Trixie. With her returning for another episode AND getting an appearance in EQG, she kind of deserves it. She's not some super evil being like Tirek or Queen Chrysalis. If Sunset Shimmer can be redeemed, why not Trixie? After all, this is the show called FRIENDSHIP is Magic, right? Where's the Friendship that saves lost souls?

Gilda could be a close second, but they at least need to bring her back or give her a cameo. Build up to it first. :please:

Those you nominate arent villains... They are antagonists for the most part or jerks in light cases. But not villains. Given this i suggest you re-choose.

Those you nominate arent villains... They are antagonists for the most part or jerks in light cases. But not villains. Given this i suggest you re-choose.

Villains, antagonists; that's just semantics. The show has been building up to it and they are still the most likely to be redeemed and given another chance, so I'm sticking by my choices. There are all ready pages full of people who voted the same, so if you're going to single me out... Well, I'm just saying.

I would be perfectly fine if they decided to reform the major villains the show has seen, in fact I'd welcome it! But I still think they'd need too appear a few more times first. At least expand on their backstories.

Villains, antagonists; that's just semantics. The show has been building up to it and they are still the most likely to be redeemed and given another chance, so I'm sticking by my choices. There are all ready pages full of people who voted the same, so if you're going to single me out... Well, I'm just saying.

I would be perfectly fine if they decided to reform the major villains the show has seen, in fact I'd welcome it! But I still think they'd need too appear a few more times first. At least expand on their backstories.

I am not singling you out. Its just that some have made bad examples and people are following it. Some even consider parasprites villains....

I concur. The comics deteriorated Queen Chrysalis i believe. Plus they added no backstory or characterization.

Hmmm, I actually wouldn't mind Chrysalis being redeemed. Changelings feed on love and she was trying to provide for her subjects. So I wouldn't say she's evil, just extremely misguided. But definitely not Tirek, his banishment was actually really awesome, "Hey, here's this big awesome battle for Equestria, villain loses and is sentenced to spend eternity in Tartarus (Hell)."

Tartaros is not Hell.

At least the Tartaros described in ancient greek myth is not, and since where this Tartaros is inspired by.

In this myth, Tartaros is an abyss in the underworld (the basement of the basement, basically) where those criminals and monsters are imprisoned who are so bad that even the Fields of Eternal Punishment (This is Hell) are to mild for them.

Other than that, you are perfectly right, in my opinion.

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord

I would like to see Gilda reformed. Okay, she isn't so much a villain than she is an antagonist, but eh. Even though she was a complete jerk in her debut episode, she also had a good friendship with Rainbow Dash, showing that she isn't all that bad. Although seeing Gilda reformed is unlikely since horses and griffons are mortal enemies according to Greek mythology.

Edited by Mienshao

Tartaros is not Hell.

At least the Tartaros described in ancient greek myth is not, and since where this Tartaros is inspired by.

In this myth, Tartaros is an abyss in the underworld (the basement of the basement, basically) where those criminals and monsters are imprisoned who are so bad that even the Fields of Eternal Punishment (This is Hell) are to mild for them.

Other than that, you are perfectly right, in my opinion.

Actually i am Greek and you're both wrong.

The Greek Underworld is more... Diverse. Tartarus is the prison of the Titans in the deepest parts of the Underworld. The Fields of Eternal punishment are also reserved for individuals who have sinned against the gods and offended them. See Sissyphus and Tantalus. They are something between Prison and hell. The Asphodel fields give the evil doers a chance once per seven years to go to Elysium (kinda heaven) if the offended forgive them. Its more like Purgatory. Elysium is for the good guys. However they say that if in your three reincarnations you go to Elysium all three then you go to the "Blessed Isles" that are true eternal paradise. So there aint true hell in the Underworld but there is heaven.

Actually i am Greek and you're both wrong.

The Greek Underworld is more... Diverse. Tartarus is the prison of the Titans in the deepest parts of the Underworld. The Fields of Eternal punishment are also reserved for individuals who have sinned against the gods and offended them. See Sissyphus and Tantalus. They are something between Prison and hell. The Asphodel fields give the evil doers a chance once per seven years to go to Elysium (kinda heaven) if the offended forgive them. Its more like Purgatory. Elysium is for the good guys. However they say that if in your three reincarnations you go to Elysium all three then you go to the "Blessed Isles" that are true eternal paradise. So there aint true hell in the Underworld but there is heaven.

I didn't say the underworld is hell - only the Fields of Eternal Punishments. I didn't mention the other parts be because I thought they were irrelevant to the question whether Tartarus is hell or not. 

And that's actually quite confused in the myths. Some say this, some say that...