Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Some food for thought

A Blithering Div

In the future, we've annihilated ourselves. There are no more structures, no roads and our remains have been fossilized. In a distant land, some ETs spot our solar system and decide to settle here as well. The only obvious remnants would be our probes, landers and satellites.

How do you think they would put the pieces together? Would they discover our bodily remains? Perhaps a genetic based resurrection? In other words, how do you think ET would react to our space objects without a visible trace of us left?

I personally think if ET were to visit a post apocalyptic solar system. They would see the primitive technology and try to trace it back. Given the number of satellites around earth, they may even land here and attempt to find the beings responsible. It is possible they could just brush the whole thing off but I'd like to think that an intersteller/galactic race would have far more intellectual curiosity than that.

• Brohoof 2

Every time you said ET I thought of the specifically named ET from the movie by the same name. Hmmm, if it's been that long we wouldn't have any satellites up in orbit, they're perpetually falling and the only thing keeping them up is constant adjustments from down here. So they only traces left would be stuff on the moon and even that might get destroyed by space debris constantly hitting it. All that being said, they probably wouldn't even know we were there until one of them accidentally unearthed something. After that it would probably be like us and dinosaur fossils today. We can learn about them and it's interesting, but it wouldn't really serve any real purpose because (assumedly) they would already have the technology to learn about the planet's geological past. Essentially we would be nothing but a simple hobby