Favorite gen? (1-3)

_Kurtis

Favorite gen?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite gen? (1-3)

• G1
    • G2
    • G3

I'm pretty much excluding G4 because the majority of you will say it's your favorite. obviously

Anyway, my answer is G1, hands down. In fact, I love G1 as much as I love G4.  :D

So, what about you?

I grew up with G1 along with the others however I couldn't stomach G2 or G3 for the horrible making and characters of it, being more babyfied then anything.

But as I got older even G1 played down on my expectations, it wasn't till G4 that my nalstolgia was reignited.

I think I'd say what people apparently miss call G2, My Little Pony Tales:

I ain't seen much of the old gens, a few eps here and there but I thought Tales was pretty good :)

I also liked Twinkle Wish Adventure, the G3 movie :)

It is easy G1, it had its share of flaws but was actually quite good in large part because of the surprisingly dark villains and adventure theme story lines.

Gen 1 hands down... While not as well rounded as G4, it did have the darkest moments in all of mlp... Plus instead of being marketed to just girl, it was marketed to both all genders; One of the ways that FIM went back to roots on and only benefited from.

I ain't seen much of the old gens, a few eps here and there but I thought Tales was pretty good :)

I also liked Twinkle Wish Adventure, the G3 movie :)

Just saying,Tales isn't G2.In fact,G2 was focused exclusively on the toys,no tv show(from what I know of) :)

(edited)

Just saying,Tales isn't G2.In fact,G2 was focused exclusively on the toys,no tv show(from what I know of) :)

I know, I was pointing out that some people miss call it G2

:) 

Edited by Asherdangerdash

G1.I just loved that thing just as much as I love G4.My favorite pony was and still is Firefly,I just loved her everything.I can see some Firefly in FiM's Rainbow Dash,which is one of the reasons why I love Dash so much :D .Also Tirek was my favorite villain,and the G4 version is just.I always wanted a G1 villain in G4,and G4 finale just gave me that,and did it the right way(hence,even the Scorpan since Celestia mention him in the story,which gave me nostalgia.Honestly I could love Scorpan being back in a episode in Season 5,maybe the gang learning him more about friendship or something?Dunno,I could love to see more of him).

P.S. I stated "FiM's Rainbow Dash" because Dash was also a character in G3,she was a earth pony and pretty much had Rarity's personality.I liked her back then too,but not as much.My favorite G3 character was Toola Roola,I just loved her,and I still do  :D

• Brohoof 2

Discounting the awful MLP Tales, G1 is my favorite. Although I don't like any gen other than FIM, G1 is the only one to genuinely respect its viewers through its heart, imagination, and attention to all audiences; so I respect G1 in return.

• Brohoof 1

Discounting the awful MLP Tales, G1 is my favorite. Although I don't like any gen other than FIM, G1 is the only one to genuinely respect its viewers through its heart, imagination, and attention to all audiences; so I respect G1 in return.

I believe for the purposes of this poll tales is considered g2. It is g2 when breaking the generations down by the show and only part of g1 when breaking the generations down specifically by the toys

I've only seen a couple episodes of each gen, which I only watched out of curiosity (this was back about a year ago when I was really interested in learning about the history of MLP as a whole; still, I mostly sticked to watching analysis videos). G3 looked creepy, and G2 was just weird, but G1 actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It had some interesting villains and some exciting moments, so I'll have to go with that one.

• Brohoof 1

BronyCurious analysis on G2 MLP Tales pretty much killed what little interest I had in watching it. From what I gather, Tales is the opposite of FiM, a middle school drama set in our exact world, with the same issues and problems but with people swapped out for ponies.

G1 looks and sounds promising, maybe one day I'll watch it.

A year or so ago, I found some G3 tapes at a garage sale, and picked them up for $.25 a piece. A Charming Birthday and Dancing in the Clouds. They actually weren't that bad. Animation was good for it's time, music score was decent, voice acting wasn't too bad. it was more just being there for the ride, enjoying that youthful, fantasy loving part of my brain that still thinks anything is still possible. It was just a chill, fun watch.

I've also bought A very Minty Christmas @ target last year (yes they're still selling G3 media, probably how I got my Debit card hacked a few months ago) and won Positively Pink as a 4th place consolation prize in my local MLP CCG tourney. I'll get to watching them eventually. I'm even thinking of doing some fanfics based on the G3 episodes but put fourth in a G4 style.

By the way, thank you for not including that abomination that was G3.5 and for not lumping it in w/ G3.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Hm... Probably going to have to go with G1 here. It's very much a product of its time, and some of the episodes can be...bad (that one episode with the guy who rescued the girl and got her even though she said no and he was a whiny baby that almost got them all killed because she rejected him? Great lesson there, I must say), but overall it was totally worth my time!

I haven't finished Tales, though. I don't at all think that it is bad.

I love G3 toys, and am warming up to watching the specials and movies. They are very different from G1 (even Tales) and FiM, but that doesn't make them bad. In fact, watching them kind of helps make me feel like a kid again. =P

BronyCurious analysis on G2 MLP Tales pretty much killed what little interest I had in watching it. From what I gather, Tales is the opposite of FiM, a middle school drama set in our exact world, with the same issues and problems but with people swapped out for ponies.

G1 looks and sounds promising, maybe one day I'll watch it.

A year or so ago, I found some G3 tapes at a garage sale, and picked them up for $.25 a piece. A Charming Birthday and Dancing in the Clouds. They actually weren't that bad. Animation was good for it's time, music score was decent, voice acting wasn't too bad. it was more just being there for the ride, enjoying that youthful, fantasy loving part of my brain that still thinks anything is still possible. It was just a chill, fun watch.

I've also bought A very Minty Christmas @ target last year (yes they're still selling G3 media, probably how I got my Debit card hacked a few months ago) and won Positively Pink as a 4th place consolation prize in my local MLP CCG tourney. I'll get to watching them eventually. I'm even thinking of doing some fanfics based on the G3 episodes but put fourth in a G4 style.

You should definitely watch A Very Minty Christmas! I just saw it yesterday and I thought it was actually pretty good.

I've seen it for sell at Walmart recently... Although I don't know if they still have it... If they do I will definitely buy it. =)

• Brohoof 1