Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Ponyville Fell RP

Tyoeman

Coal's face remains impassive as he rears up and goes to buck at the guards coming down on him, if it was just him they were after he probobly wouldn't resort to open violence but now they were threatening the others and even going to break aHazey's wing. As he swings his legs out at the guards and says, "Alright, then you asked for it let's see if the hospital bill is worth 400 bits when I buck your teeth out."

One of the guards is caught unaware and falls to the ground. The other dodges your buck and tries to grapple with you.

"What!?" Hazey exclaimed as the guards easily grabbed her, catching her off guard. This assault had been entirely unexpected by the young pegasus who still held the belief that it was inappropriate to lay a hoof on a mare. And even though she rebelled, kicking and practically flailing her hooves about, the guards were able to keep her mostly at bay and unable to lay any sort of blow to the guards that could result in her escape. "This isn't right! Stop it! Let me- AHHH!"

Pain shot through her wings and spine, sending unpleasant spasms that felt like hot, pulsating arrows. It felt as though they were bending her right wing in an unnatural direction and she was sure it would snap at any moment anyway. It was well known that pegasi bones were more fragile than most. Like birds, their wing bones were hollow and their body's bone structure was smaller and more lightweight which allowed them to fly so easily. Besides, if she lost her wings (or at least the use of them) it was going to be damn near impossible to even get to her safety deposit box in her home. She kept it on the loft that acted as her bedroom and the only way to get up there was to fly; she had no stairs or ladders.

Blue Haze tried to struggle once more against the guard's hold, panting with the effort and force of tensing all her muscles even if she wasn't exactly aware of it, but it was hopeless. With every movement her wings were tugged harder until she would barely see through the hot tears that welled in her eyes and fell down her cheek.

"Please!" she begged, clenching her teeth and groaning. "It hurts... I can't..."

The guards seemed to ignore Blue's plea, and began a relentless assualt on the group of ponies he was trying to save. The captain of the guard, the one he had tricked, not only demanded that the ponies pay even MORE bits, but was now threatening to seriously injure them if they didn't.

One guard knocked down the grey unicorn again, another two barred down on a dark grey earth pony close by. He knocked out one of the guards with a well placed kick, but missed the other.

Looking a bit more to his right, Blue witnessed two of the guards snag a blue pegasus from close by and hold her down by her wings, bending them in ways that Blue knew should never be bent. Tears streamed down her face, and the pain they were causing her could be seen clearly. This was the last straw. Two stallions going against another stallion is one thing, but two against a mare?

Feeling his blood begin to boil, Blue's face contorted in rage. Screw personal safety, time for action.

Not caring about any rules or regulations, Blue's horn began to glow a bright shade of blue. The air in front of him began to shift, and his eyes narrowed in anger. Suddenly, a dark blue electric guitar materialized out of thin air, made out of pure magic. Running up behind one of the guards holding down the pegasus, Blue addressed them both.

"Hasn't anypony taught you two idiots? You never EVER attack a mare. Especially not while I'M around." He said. Quicker than lightning the magical guitar flew threw the air, and smashed body first into the head of one of the guards, resounding with a satisfying twang.

Edited by GuitarGuru007

For a moment, Spirit actually believed that he had succeeded in reasoning with them. The five other guards stopped moving and looked to their leader, as if awaiting his next command. The blue pegasus had spoken up, voicing her opinion on the matter.

"...Go ahead! Send us ALL to the forest! Then your precious boss won’t have anyone to pick the pockets of, and you’ll all become broke!” she finished, obviously frustrated by the entire matter. The head guard paid her no heed, instead gazing intently at Spirit. Then he smiled, a look resembling sadistic glee flashing across his eyes. He gave a short flick with one of his front hooves and the other guards resumed their advance.

"Celestia?" the brute roared, "Princess Celestia is an old, worn out hag. She can feather a tree for all I'm concerned. I think it's time to raise the fee to 400, and if you don't give it to us in the next ten seconds, your little pegasus friend is going to lose her wings!" Spirit's heart sank as all of the guards pounced. Without warning, two of them seized the blue pegasus by her wings and forced them roughly apart. Taken aback by the sudden display of force, she squirmed and lashed out at them with her hooves, but to no avail. The guards just laughed. Another of the guards shoved the grey unicorn to the ground yet again, taunting him.

"Come on, bookworm, teach me a lesson!" he yelled as he stood over the poor pony, inciting another wave of laughter from his comrades. The remaining two guards approached the dark grey earth pony, but were met with some resistance. The young one kicked at them hard, catching one of the guards by surprise and sending him crashing to the ground. The other guard leapt forward and attempted to grapple with the defiant pony.

Things were going from bad to worse. The head guard forced his face mere inches from Spirit's, his hot breath washing over Spirit's nostrils. "As for you, doctor boy, I'll find my knife and perform some surgery on that horn of yours!" he hissed. Spirit shrank back slightly, shocked by the sudden violent turn that the leader's threats had taken.

What have I gotten myself into?! he thought, beads of sweat trickling down his face and neck. One of the other guards spoke up, apparently shocked by the threats as well, only to receive a hard kick to the head.

The captain had reached the end of his patience. "I saw you take out a coin purse from your bag. I know you have bits. You have five seconds or I will break this pretty little filly's right wing," he growled, and gestured to the two guards holding the mare captive. "Five.." he began. Spirit allowed his eyes to meet those of the blue pegasus. They stared back at him, filled with tears and wide from the pain and fear.

"Please!" the mare pleaded through clenched teeth. "It hurts... I can't..." Her entire body quivered as the guard on the right bent her wing back further.

"Four..." the captain continued, unmoved by the mare's cries. Spirit allowed his gaze to drift to the wing in question. He had mended enough broken limbs in his time at the Academy to know that pegasi wing joints were extremely susceptible to injury. They could handle a strong air current with ease, but they simply weren't designed to withstand a heavy blow or sustained pressure. Spirit could tell that the strain was starting to become more than she could handle. Any more force and her bone would snap like a twig.

"Three..."

"Alright! Alright!" Spirit cried. His heart was beating hard enough for him to feel it pulsing in his head. "Let her go!" He reached into his coat pocket and levitated the coin purse towards the head guard. "Take it, take it all! Just stop hurting her!" The thought of an innocent pony being tortured because of him was more than he could bear. Suddenly, he caught a glimmer of movement out of the corner of his eye. The dark blue unicorn from before was charging one of the guards holding the mare, something resembling a guitar sailing through the air in front of him. Everything seemed to slow to a halt.

Negotiations had failed. It was time to act. Without thinking, Spirit flung the coin purse at the captain's face and bounded to the side. "Run!" he yelled at the grey unicorn and earth pony, and kicked hard against the ground, sending himself sailing forward through the air. The head guard was a monster of a stallion, but Spirit was almost certain that he could outmaneuver him. He had taken home his fair share of track medals when he was younger.

Mid-gallop, Spirit focused as much energy as he could into his horn, causing it to glow a brilliant green. As his front hooves made contact with the earth, Spirit released, sending a bolt of electricity arcing through the air towards the chest of the other guard holding the mare's wings. He had been taught the spell for the purpose of resuscitation, in order to revive a pony who's heart had stopped beating, but Spirit knew full well that it could knock a full-grown stallion on his backside, as long as it hit home.

Edited by MasterCombine
  • Brohoof 1

Shadow was driven to the ground by the weight of the heavy guard and an "Umph!" escaped his throat. He wasn't used to fighting, the most he had to deal with on most occasions was rowdy young ones who he could just use magic to subdue.

He then saw the chaos that was going on around him and how the others were being attacked as well, it was appalling. How could these ponies treat others this way, they were even threatening to break a pegasus' wings?! Then he heard the things they were saying things about hurting even more ponies. If he made it out of this in one piece he was going to make sure there was justice for any possible thing these ruffians did.

He was still pinned down, and had been weakly attemtping to push the heavy guard off of himself. He has an immense fear of being unable to move, and effectively with the guard on top of him he cannot. His anxiety builds as the guard continues to hold him in place. The verbal abuse he was getting from the guard angered him even further.

He begins quietly at first, then becoming increasingly louder as his anger and anxiety build "Get off of me now.... Get off of me right now... I SAID GET OFF OF ME!"

A magical aura surrounded the guard and began lifting him off of Shadow quite forcibly. He then stands up and bucks the guard right in the face. "You're no ponies, you're all monsters!" he yells out as his hooves make contact.

He then jumps to the aid of the unicorn with the magical guitar, attempting to fight off whichever guard had not already been dispatched. He sees a bright flash of magical electricity shoot past him and hitting the chest of the guard he was about to face in the chest. He then hears the call to run, but waits to see if the pegasus is alright before following suit.

Edited by Guest

(edited)

Once the guitar hits the guard holding the right wing of Hazey he lets out and "OOF" falls and lets the wing go, snapping the wing back in place, unbroken but a pretty uncomfortable feeling. The guard who got hit by the electric wave tenses up and bites down harder on the left wing, pulling out one of the feathers as he falls down to the ground (this hurts a lot but the wing is not broken and you can still fly). The guard that is grappling with Coal sees Shadow get up and try attacking him, he tries to headbutt Shadow (while still grappling with Coal) but only manages to make a glancing blow.

The head guard looks down at the money purse that had just hit him very hard in the head, rage oozing from his face. He watches the two guards holding Hazey go down and he snaps. Like a bull set loose from the corral, the guard charges at Spirit. He catches up quite quickly almost too quickly.

"RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL DIE FEATHERING UNICORN YOU- WILL- DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guard tackles Spirit and holds him down breathing heavily, rage dripping and leaking out of every breath. The guard gathers his composure for a few moments before saying something to Spirit.

"You, you, you, you, you. YOU will pay." The very essence of rage seems to pour out of his mouth with every "you" the head guard says. "Nopony, nopony has EVER shamed me and lived. I won't perform surgery on your horn doctor boy, oh no, oh no. I think it's time for some throat surgery."

With that he pulls out a large knife from under his armor with his mouth, and holds it to Spirit's throat.

"I bet your blood tastes good." The guard says to Spirit, a very rage filled, evil, and hungry look in his eye.

Edited by Tyoeman

Spirit yelled with triumph as the guards holding the mare's wings crumpled to the ground. The pegasus was free. She looked visibly shaken, but uninjured. There were screams and shouts as the crowd around them dispersed, stallions and mares galloping off in every direction, finally becoming aware of the heated struggle in their midst. Spirit nodded quickly at both the dark blue unicorn and the pegasus.

"We have to get moving, now! Let's g-" There was a booming roar, and something heavy slammed into him from behind, dragging Spirit to the cobblestone below. The force of the impact knocked the breath out of his lungs, and Spirit gasped for air.

The Captain. In the heat of the moment Spirit had forgotten about the head guard. The monstrous stallion was now on top of him, pinning him down with a massive hoof. He had been surprisingly agile for his size. Spirit lashed out instinctively, sending one of his free hooves towards the guard's stomach. It was like hitting a brick wall. The blow barely registered on the guard's face, and Spirit retracted his hoof in pain. The brute struck him across the face with his other hoof in response, blurring his vision and nearly knocking him out on the spot. The taste of iron filled Spirit's mouth. Through the fog, he could barely make out the guard yelling at him.

"Nopony, nopony, has EVER shamed me and lived..." the stallion bellowed, a look of rage bordering on insanity spreading across his face. He roared something else and reached into a gap in his armor with his mouth, withdrawing it a moment later. Spirit's heart skipped a beat. His vision snapped back into clarity and he found himself faced with a very large, serrated knife. The guard was going to kill him.

The cold steel shimmered in the morning light, and Spirit struggled as it was pressed against his neck. He could barely breath with the weight of the guard on top of him, and the pressure of the knife alone was almost enough to break the skin.

"I bet your blood tastes good," the guard hissed, and Spirit could only stare back into his cold, merciless eyes. He was helpless, immobilized. A retaliatory spell would take a second or two to charge, during which the guard could easily open up his throat. Spirit tried to yell, tried to scream for help, but all that escaped his mouth was a pitiful wheezing. He closed his eyes as the guard pressed the blade harder still against his neck.

If he was going to die, Spirit wasn't going to do so without a fight. He started to channel what little energy he had left into his horn, silently hoping that this wasn't really the end.

Edited by MasterCombine

Blue couldn't help but smirk as he watched his guitar smash into one of the guards restraining the mare and knock him out. He was never much one to get phisical when conflict arose, instead hoping his words would do the fighting for him. However, things had changed and the situation had elevated beyond the "talking" barrier. It was time to fight.

Out of nowhere he swore he could of heard a pony yell "run!"

Running would be a good idea, but he wasn't finished here just yet.

He didn't even give the second guard a chance to react. The guitar, which hadn't even been scratched after knocking out the first, twisted itself in the air and positioned itself in front of the guard. He was just about to send it flying when all of a sudden a bright bolt of green lightning flew past him and struck his target first. The stallion could only let out a slight wimper as he was lifted into the air and slumped, unconcious onto the ground. Blue put it in the back of his mind to thank whoever had helped him, but that time would come later...hopefully.

Both of the guards had let go of the pegasus's wings now, but she still seemed a bit shaken up. Blue stood in front of her, trying to keep her safe until she regained her senses. Taking a quick look around his enviroment, he noticed that the crowd around them had all dispersed. It was only him, the pegasus, two unicorns, and an earth pony.

The unicorn who had been knocked down again managed to magically push the guard who was on top of him off, and then proceeded to buck him straight in the face. Blue nodded in satisfaction at this. Suddenly, he heard shouting.

Looking around, he saw the large guard captain barring down on the white unicorn, brandishing a knife to the poor pony's neck. The pony looked terrified, as if he was almost certain he was going to die.

"This guy is REALLY getting on my nerves!" Thought Blue. He knew he only had seconds to react. Closing his eyes, he began to focus on his magic. His horn began to glow blue again, and the floating guitar suddenly vanished in a puff of smoke. The air around him shifted again, and then suddenly a magical blue flute appeared in front of him. He opened his eyes weakly to look at his work. Making instruments was his magic specialty, but making too many in such a short time span still managed to wear him down.

Time seemed to slow down for him as he took a deep breath. Looking at the knife the captain was holding, he focused all his energy on the flute. It shot out, at an insane speed, toward the weapon. He was hoping he would be able to buy the unicorn enough time to make a move, and hopefully save his life.

Edited by GuitarGuru007

Coal tries to shove off the guard grappleing him with his shoulder as he tries to headbut and getting free he takes notice of all that was going on around him. He couldn't believe that things were going this badly so quickly. He remembered hearing somepony yell earlier and felt that might be a good idea.

Seeing that everypony else was safe save for the unicorn being pinned down by the captain he decided he'd at least buy them some time to help them and squares himself off against the few remaining guards and tries to hold off anything they may try while the others try to save the pinned unicorn.

Hazey was ignoring the sounds and curses of the guards, as well as most of the back-and-forth dialogue coming from the ponies on her side of it. All that she could concentrate on was the pain from her wings that was beginning to cause other ill effects to her body: first, her head began to feel a bit woozy. The dizziness that washed over her almost felt like her brain was vibrating; the vibrations made their way into her ears and eyes, causing her vision to blur whereas her ears seemed to be full of cotton. These sensations were so strange that Hazey couldn’t pinpoint what was happening to her.

She felt like she would be sick.

These sensations seemed to last forever when in reality it was a quick couple of minutes. A bright flash of light caught her attention which was followed by a wave of heat. Flump. The guard holding her right wing fell and she snapped open her eyes with the weakest of gasps. It was still sore and fell limply to her side but it was perfectly fine. She also noticed that the crack of lightning had ‘cured’ her cotton ears. Hazey was listening to what was happening around her and it wasn’t good.

Almost as soon as her head felt sick, it got a bit better. Everything was clearer and there was no dizzying fog; the churning of her stomach seemed to cease as well but her left wing was still in immediate danger of being snapped. The smell of the toasted guard hit Hazey so suddenly like a tonne of bricks that she audibly said, “BLECH!” and used a fore hoof to push him away ever so slightly. She was still weak from the physical exertion and the guard was too heavy to push around anyway. Coughing, Hazey didn’t even notice when the other guard went down. It was only by the pinch of her feathers being pulled that did.

“HAY!” she shouted in immediate reaction and looked to her left, spying the other guard utterly knocked out. Her wings were now tightly folded against her trembling form. “Hnnngh…” she whined and moaned about her poor feathers being torn out, and stamped her hooves weakly. She was just going to have to get over it.

With two guards down and out on both of her sides and her body acting like it was out of adrenaline, Hazey walked all but two steps before slowly sinking to the ground. I just need a moment… just a couple of seconds and I’ll be fine. My legs are just tired, that’s all. I can still fly. I’ll… Hazey noticed a shadow being cast over her and she looked up to find a blue unicorn standing before her; obviously not a foe. Taking a deep breath, the young mare decided to gather up her strength and stand. How fair was it that she got to lay down and play the wounded bird when every pony else was fighting. It wasn’t fair, that’s how. The blue Pegasus stood behind Blue and quickly moved to his side, spreading her wings and flapping them in an offensive stance. She looked determined.

“Hey…” she began speaking to the unicorn before she noticed what he was doing. Hazey barely caught sight of the flute before it sped like a bullet towards the guard. She wasn’t sure of where it was going, but she felt that needed to react. Before she even knew what she was doing, she took off into the air, gaining altitude as fast as she could. It wasn’t the most strenuous activity but it had a purpose.

She spread her wings wide and flat, tilting the very tips of them to control her movement. The Pegasus spun around and began to perform a dive bomb. Her goal was to gain enough speed that when she opened her wings again to change direction and tackle the guard off of the unicorn, the inertia would allow her force of impact to be greater than that of her actual body weight, causing the guard to at least topple off.

She prayed to Celestia she wasn’t about to break her neck.

(edited)

The guard that Coal pushes off rears up and starts to try to beat him with his fore hooves. Then he turns his attention to Shadow and bucks at him fighting like a cornered beast. Both of you are standing on either side of him.

The head guard starts putting pressure on the blade and it breaks the skin. At the same moment a blue magical flute rushes toward the knife, but at the last second the guard sees it and moves the knife out of the way. Then he goes back to finish the job. With a heavy thud Hazey hits the guard in his side at full speed and knocks the knife out of his mouth sending it flying ten feet away. The guard is toppled over on his side and Hazey is in a heap next to him (it felt like you hit a sack full of lead, you dislocate your right shoulder). The cut on Spirit's neck is bleeding a lot but it is not too deep (it didn't hit your jugular thankfully, it was literally millimeters away though). The force that Hazey hit the guard with seemed to stun him for a moment and he staggered trying to get up. He huffed and puffed and managed to get up and, shaking his head, began to run for his knife.

Edited by Tyoeman

The flute continued to fly like a bullet towards its intended target. Blue's eyes were squinted in concentration; he was unable to notice anything happening around him at the time.

The flute was mere feet away from the target...the guard pulled away. The flute flew past him, his knife, and the white unicorn underneath him. Blue's eyes widened in shock. The flute flew about another 10 feet from the guard until planting itself firmly in the ground, and vanished with a puff of smoke.

He had failed, and could only watch in vain and the captain gave him a sneer and turned back to the unicorn to finish the job. Blue almost couldn't watch.

*BANG!*

The blue pegasus whom he had been protecting appeared from nowhere out of the sky and slammed into the captian with the force of a bomb, knocking him far off the unicorn, and knocking his knife many feet away.

Blue gasped and looked behind himself. Sure enough, the pegasus had managed to recover and engage herself in the fray. Blue couldn't help but smile in admiration. She had managed to save the unicorns life, and in turn, Blue's concious.

Looking back, Blue saw her lying on the ground, clearly in pain. It seemed as though the shock of her hit had not only knocked the wind out of her, but also might of broken something. He looked toward the unicorn and saw bright red blood pouring from his neck, down onto his white fur. The contrast of colors was frightening.

Ignoring the action that he heard from behind (He also forgot to check for the captain...), Blue rushed over to the two knocked down ponies. He eyed both of them, fearing the worst. Looking at the pegasus, he deemed her to be in the worst shape, seeing that the unicorn's cut wasn't as bad as he feared. He rushed to her side, and surveyed the damage. She was knocked out cold from the impact of her hit. He gently pushed his head under her belly and managed to get her on his back. He moved very slowly, not wanting to agrivate any previous injuries on her body. She needed medical attention, and stat.

Gently walking back to the unicorn, Blue poked him with his hoof.

"Hey buddy! Are you alright?" He asked him, a bit of fear in his voice.

Edited by GuitarGuru007

It was like slamming into a wall of steel.

In the last few seconds, right before Hazey slammed into the guard, she thought to herself just a few simple words. Well, this is it. She squeezed her eyes tightly shut and rammed her shoulder into the side of the guard. The young mare heard a popping noise in her shoulder but before she could even feel it, she crashed to the cobblestone ground and hit her head. She lost consciousness and fell into blackness…

Spirit's skin finally split under the pressure, and the blade edged its way ever so slightly towards his jugular. He could feel something warm trickling down his neck. Any magic that he had been gathering in his horn sputtered and dissipated, and the corners of his vision darkened further. Spirit was out of air, and out of energy. His limbs felt heavy and dull. The only sensation that he could bring himself to focus on was the biting cold of the knife against his throat. With any luck, he'd be unconscious before it hit his spine.

"I'll saw your head off," the guard captain hissed, his teeth clenched firmly around the hilt of the blade, "and mount it on my wall!" Spirit couldn't bring himself to care anymore. Even the fear was fading away.

There was a sudden rush of air overhead, and the guard jerked to the side. The serrated teeth of the knife bit and pulled at the outer layer of Spirit's flesh, tearing it yet further as the pressure was suddenly relieved. A shaft of blue, roughly the length of a flute, entered Spirit's field of vision like a bullet. It disappeared just as quickly. The captain stared at something that Spirit could not see and laughed, an abrupt, self assured chuckle escaping his mouth, before returning his gaze to Spirit himself. He spoke once more, and the blade approached Spirit's throat once again.

"You picked the wrong day to visit, friend..."

There was another rush of air, accompanied this time by a thundering crash. The guard disappeared, and in an instant, all of the weight that had been focused on Spirit's chest was lifted. He rolled over on his side, coughing and spluttering, but most importantly breathing. Spirit inhaled as deeply as he possibly could before another heavy cough racked his lungs. Air had never tasted so good. His vision slowly returned to normal, and Spirit almost gasped. The cobblestone beneath him was stained red. He brought a hoof to his throat in concern, and when he pulled it away it was covered in blood. He could breath, though, and nothing felt out of the ordinary when he swallowed. Spirit sighed in relief. The wound must have been fairly superficial, though the blade had certainly nicked a blood vessel.

He felt a gentle nudge at his back, followed by a few more tentative pokes. Somepony was trying to get his attention. Laboriously, Spirit rolled over to his opposite side and blinked, trying hard to maintain his focus. The dark blue unicorn from before was standing over him, gently prodding him with a hoof. His sunglasses were gone, and Spirit found himself staring into the unicorn's eyes in confusion.

"Hey, buddy! Are you alright?" the stallion repeated. Another figure was draped over his back, unmoving. Spirit recognized the pegasus mare that he had helped free minutes before. She didn't look good. One of her shoulders bulged awkwardly, and it was clear that something was out of alignment. Spirit drug himself to his feet, shaking his head and wobbling slightly before regaining his balance. He planted his feet firmly on the ground to steady himself.

"I'm fine," he rasped, and coughed to clear his throat. "Thanks." He wasn't quite certain which one had saved his life, but he was thankful for the unicorn's concern nonetheless. Spirit noticed that there was a bruise on the mare's forehead, just above her brow. "Her head," he started, staring back at the unicorn, "be careful with her head. She could have a concussion." He cleared his throat again and added, "I'm a doctor," as if trying to explain his sudden concern.

Spirit whipped around, suddenly alerted by the sound of metal on stone. Off to the side, the grey unicorn and earth pony were struggling with the last of the captain's henchmen. The head guard himself was struggling back to his feet, stumbling awkwardly toward the spot where his knife had landed. "Not this time," Spirit growled, reaching towards the blade with his mind. He seized the blade telikinetically and pulled it towards himself, out of the captain's reach.

Edited by MasterCombine

Coal taking the hit from the guard in stride. He quickly flicks his eyes to see as to what was going on around him and it looked like the Pegasus was free even if she appeared to be unconcious, that was a start at least. Now it was just a matter of dealing with the last of these guards.

Just as he was thinking of what to do next he noticed the glow of unicorn magic and saw the Captain's knife begin pulled away from him. Seizeing this chance he Tries to buck at the guard who had attacked him with his forehooves trying to distract him as he goes over the the captain and pounces on his trying to get a good hoof in and knock him out.

The commotion all around him is dizzying and the longer the fight seemed to go on the more confusing the whole situation became. He looked around and noticed the guard captain on the white unicorn, and then what appeared to be a flute shoot by him. The captain dodged it and just as he was about to get back at the unicorn the blue pegasus slams into him. This knocks the captain off and the white unicorn struggles for breath while blood falls from his throat. Everything happened so quickly he wasn't exactly sure what to think of the whole situation.

For now the blue pegasus appears knocked out but safe, the white unicorn and the other unicorn seemed alright. Then he saw the knife fly away from the captain's grasp with unicorn magic. Perhaps the situation was finally turning in their favor? This entire time he had been watching he had been trying to get a good hit in on the guard. He was unable to attempt a strike without coming within bucking distance himself, so he strafed around the guard hoping for a better shot.

Shadow takes the opportunity Coal opened up by temporarily distracting the last guard to make his move. He maneuvers around the guard slightly and then bucks him with all of his strength right in his side. He was hoping to down the guard, and if need be deliever a follow-up blow for a knock out.

(edited)

Shadow's and Coal's hind hooves manage to hit the final guard at the same time, both of them bucking him in the midsection. The guard collapses and starts breathing shallowly (he won't be chasing after you).

The captain manages to get close enough to his knife that he almost picks it up, but in the nick of time Spirit snatched it up with his magic and floated it to his waiting hooves. The guard is the worse for wear and starts staggering towards Spirit.

"No, no no no nnnuh." the guard says weakly. After he moves about five feet he starts hacking and coughing and with each cough he shudders painfully. The more he coughs, blood starts appearing on his lips and he's close enough for you to tell that he has at least one broken rib that has punctured a lung probably more. He staggers on, obviously in shock and then falls to the ground, making him convulse in pain. The head guard starts dragging himself towards Spirit, his eyes show a hint of rage but it is dull and the eyes are starting to glaze over. He reaches Spirit's hooves and stares at the knife longingly, he reaches for it breathing shallowly and painfully. He opens his mouth to speak, nothing comes out, then a whisper and finally and very laboriously:

"Muh muh m-ine, give-knife-back, stupid unic- unicuh, must kill peg-sis, kill you."

The guard coughs violently again, convulsing and wincing in extreme pain. He looks at his knife again reaching with both hooves, then one, then none. His hooves fall to the ground and he keeps staring, his breathing getting shallower and shallower, never taking his eyes off the knife. Finally one long drawn out breath marks his last, and whatever was in him rustles when it leaves. His eyes glaze over and become dull, the evil leaving them, blood dripping out of his mouth.

Spirit is still bleeding from his cut and the blood is starting to form a small pool at the bottom of his left hoof.

The other guards who were knocked to the ground start fading, as in they literally start to become transparent and fade away. The head guard sticks around for much longer and he starts to decay very fast and in a matter of minutes becomes a skeleton, then dust, then nothing. The guard that Shadow and Coal kicked to the ground is still around and still in pain and still conscious.

Edited by Tyoeman
  • Brohoof 2

Blue sighed in relief as the white unicorn managed to get up on his feet. He knew the cut on his neck wasn't too bad had still feared for his life.

"Thank Celestia he's alright." Thought Blue as he watched him get up.

When the unicorn finally managed to stand, he thanked Blue and began to study the pegasus on his back with great detail. Gesturing at her, he warned Blue to watch her head, in case she had gotten a concussion from her previous impact. Blue looked behind himself at the pegasus. She looked to be in pretty bad shape; he cursed himself, thinking most of this was his own fault.

Suddenly, he saw the white unicorns horn glow a bright green, and the knife, which had been such a problem to all of them before, appeared between the both of them, lifted by the unicorn's magic. Blue looked suprised at its sudden appearence.

Out of nowhere, he heard the captain of the guard shuffling torward them.

"Muh muh m-ine, give-knife-back, stupid unic-unicuh, must kill peg-sis, kill you." The stallion was muttering weakly.

The captain was in horrible shape. He was beaten and bruised, and was coughing up blood. He seemed to have a glazed look over his eyes, and was attempting to move closer to where Blue and the Unicorn where.

Blue turned around and put a hoof behind himself, protecting the pegasus on his back. He wasn't going to let anyone, especially not her, suffer anymore harm.

Then as soon as it started, it ended. The captian slowed down his advance, and his body began to slump onto the ground. With one final breath, the stallion hit the dirt, and was still.

Blue couldn't believe what was going on. Just the morning, he had woken up expecting one of his first days in Ponyville to go smoothly, (He had arrived a few days ago) but little did he expect what had happened. Taxes, fees, insane guards, even death! What in the hay was going on here.

Quickly, he began to notice an event taking place all around him. The bodies of the guards that had been knocked down, save for one, began to vanish. Some mysterious force caused them to just fade away, and soon there was nothing but empty spaces where the bodies had previously been.

"What sort of magic is this...?" Blue muttered to himself, eyes fixated on the body of the captain, as it too began to fade.

However the captian's body did not fade all the way, and Blue was soon staring at the skeleton of the stallions former body. The skeletion then proceeded to burst into dust. Blue's face contorted in disgust. What was all this?

He looked back at the white unicorn and saw a small pool of blood had began to form around his hooves. Blue gestured torward his neck. He would have to worry about what was happening later.

"That cut isn't looking so good, man. We're going to have to find you, and HER," he motioned to the pegasus on his back with a nod of his head, "a doctor, and quick."

Looking back at the captain's dust pile, he added, "As for him...I don't think any amount of medical attention is going to matter. What in the hay is going on here?"

His head turned a little to the right and saw two ponies. The unicorn which had been knocked down twice and the dark earth pony were standing over the body of a guard, which had not yet vanished.

Edited by GuitarGuru007

Coal quickly looks around the area which had just a few moments ago been filled with conflict, and saw that things were calming down for the moment. He noticed the guards disapearing with shock and Silently wondered to himself as to what could cause something like that to happen. Looking down however he saw the form of the guard he had just bucked and saw that he, unlike the others, was still here and had not faded away.

At first playing with the idea of trying to use the guard to find out something about what had been going on he ultimately decides that staying in town much longer may not be the best choice at the moment and looks around at the others saying, "Now might be a good time to go, it might not be a good idea to stick around much longer. Seeing as we technically made ourselves criminals here."

He stands there looking around at the others seeing how they'll react to what he had said.

Spirit inched backwards in surprise as the bloodied and beaten guard captain reached towards the knife, dragging himself piteously across the ground. He didn't think the stallion's injuries would have been that grave. How hard did he get hit? Spirit wondered. He tilted his head backwards, pulling the knife higher off of the ground and just out of the guard's reach. The captain moaned in pain and fury, his breath growing ever shallower and softer. A long, rasping breath finally escaped his mouth, and he collapsed to the ground and was still.

Spirit's leg's trembled. He had seen ponies die before, but never like this. It suddenly struck him that something very strange was occurring. Spirit watched in awe as the captain's body simply deteriorated. The other unconscious guards around Spirit and the others faded and disappeared into the morning fog, but the captain's body melted away in stages, as if some unseen flame was licking away at his flesh. Before long there was only a skeleton, and then the bones turned into a dust that quickly blew away with the wind.

"What in the name of Celestia..." Spirit began. He released the magical hold that he had on the knife, and it fell, clattering on the cobblestone. Only one guard remained, lying conscious on the ground near the grey unicorn and earth pony. Spirit turned his attention back to the blue unicorn next to him, and to the pegasus on the unicorn's back. Everything was quiet. The mayor had long since gone, and the other residents of the town had fled when the fighting began. Spirit was alone with the four other ponies and the remaining guard.

"That cut isn't looking so good, man. We're going to have to find you, and her, a doctor, and quick," The blue unicorn said, suddenly breaking the silence. He motioned towards the wound on Spirit's neck. Spirit stared down. He couldn't see the mark that the knife had left, but he noticed the blood still trickling down his leg, forming a small pool around his left hoof. Perhaps the cut had been deeper than he originally thought.

Spirit closed his eyes and focused. He wasn't feeling light-headed, but he didn't want to take the risk of losing any more blood. His horn radiated bright green light once again, and he felt a growing warmth in the wound itself. Come on, cauterize, he thought impatiently. As if in response, the warmth in the cut became a moderate stinging sensation. Spirit clenched his teeth and grimaced slightly as the wound was seared shut. Moments later, only a slender burn mark remained where the cut had once been. It would fade with time, and if Spirit was lucky it wouldn't leave a very noticeable scar. Spirit exhaled and allowed himself to chuckle. Then again, I've always heard that mares dig scars. Droplets of sweat fell from his brow, tracing a thin path down the bridge of his nose. Using healing magic on oneself was somewhat different than using it to help others. Spirit had always found it more exhausting, despite the relatively few occasions he had ever had to use magic on himself. He looked back to the ground. The bleeding had stopped, but his coat and jacket were now stained red in spots. It would take some effort to wash that out.

He turned to the blue unicorn and repeated, this time with a slight smirk, "I am a doctor. Name's Spirit. Spirit Whitemane. Thanks for the help back there." The fight hadn't left a mark on the unicorn, and the grey unicorn and earth pony were still standing, so Spirit focused his attention once more on the pegasus. Her injuries didn't appear life-threatening, but she was going to need some fixing-up. "This is as good a place as any, now that those bastards are gone," Spirit said. The town square was still empty, save for Spirit and his new companions, and there was no sign that anybody else was coming. Yet, at least. "Help me set her down. Gently." Without waiting for the unicorn to respond, he moved forward and pushed his neck under the mare's front half. With some assistance from his new friend, Spirit lowered her to the ground and slowly rolled her onto her back, cradling her head with one of his front hooves.

The young earth pony approached and spoke. "Now might be a good time to go. It might not be agood idea to stick around here much longer, seeing as how we technically made ourselves criminals here." Spirit looked up at him.

"We'll talk about that when I'm certain that everyone is okay." With his free hoof he gestured back towards where the guard captain's remains had been. "And we'll also talk about just what in the buck that was." Spirit gently brushed back the mare's short, red mane with the same hoof and examined the bruise on her forehead. It looked fairly ordinary, but her shoulder was another story. Spirit tenderly felt around the shoulder joint. Seeing it this close, and feeling it, he could tell at once what was wrong. "It's been dislocated. I'll have to snap it back into place," he said to the blue unicorn. "It's gonna hurt like hay if she's awake, but I don't want her unconscious any longer. If she did suffer a concussion, and I'm not saying she did, but if she did, that's the last place we want her to be".

Spirit gently held open one of her eyelids, shining a concentrated light from his horn into her eye. He checked her other eye in the same manner and was relieved to find that both of her pupils contracted normally. "Ma'am. Ma'am, can you hear me?" he said. Getting some sort of response out of her would be the first good sign that she hadn't suffered any major brain trauma. "My name is Dr. Whitemane. I'm here to help you." Spirit felt strange speaking so formally to somepony who looked to be around his age, but awkward formality was hardly of any concern right now. He was simply going with his instinct and training. "Please give me some sign that you can hear me."

Edited by MasterCombine

“Partake in the fruit.” A voice as soft and lyrical as an angel’s called to Hazey. She was soaring above an ocean wracked with turmoil and waves as tall as the height of Cloudsdale; they were more like columns of water than waves. Within their cores she could see dark, moving shadows but it was nothing that disturbed her. On the contrary, she was soothed, for the waves created not a single sound in this world. It was her and the mysterious voice that came from nothing, but Hazey thought she could hear it from the water.

A light fog began to drift from below, billowing up in the same fashion as smoke from a chimney. Hazey began to lower herself. The closer she got to the water, the more tangible it seemed to be until she realized it was not water at all, but a lush field of long, green grass. The collumns of water froze and Hazey touched down on the meadow.

“Partake in the fruit.”

“Where are you? I have no fruit.”

She began to trot around the grass, smelling the wild flowers. She approached one of the marble columns and tapped it with her hoof. It was hollow.

“Ma’am.”

“Huh?”

“Ma’am, can you hear me?”

“Of course I can… are you stuck in here? That’s not good.” Hazey felt the world beneath her begin to spin and she went with it. With her hooves planted firmly on the ground, she closed her eyes and spread her wings as far as she could. There was no pain, only the dizzying sensation of being turned upside down. She leapt off the ground and spun around. Though the solid ground was above her and the sky below, her sense of gravity had not shifted; the Pegasus began to free-fall towards the sky.

“I have never felt anything more beautiful.” She thought to herself.

“My name is Dr. Whitemane.”

“Who?”

“I’m here to help you.”

“I don’t need he-“ Hazey found herself surrounded by the mayor’s guards and her wings were broken. All of them were falling and the clouds were getting closer. She needed to fly. They could fly, but why couldn’t she? One of them lashed out at her with a head-butt, another with his hind legs as he bucked. They were laughing. She was bleeding. She was screaming. What would happen if she fell on the clouds? What was beyond them? Where? Would she just fall forever? Her shoulder hurt, and so did her head. It was getting dark… she couldn’t see them… nothing but eyes… her shoulder hurt…. Where was the sky?... blackness… fear…

The young Pegasus was regaining consciousness. Weakly, she tried to lash out with her fore hooves but was unable to move one of her arms. She was mumbling something but her words were inaudible and her breathing became panting. “N…no. Stop. It hurts. Please. I can’t…” As her mind was finding its way back to reality, her voice grew stronger and her eyelids fluttered. They would open soon. It was safe to say she was there, even if not all of her was present at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow's eyes widened as he watched the guard captain die. He had never actually witnessed a death before, and the violence surrounding this one only added to the sickening feeling in his gut. He looked up at the sky as the captain released his last few breaths, wondering how such a peaceful day had come to this. He then noticed something very odd, the bodies were vanishing.

He watched in awe as the bodies of all but one guard and the captain disappeared into thin air. He then felt a shocking terror as he literally saw the captain's flesh melt away to bone. The toothy grin of the skull and the empty eye sockets seemed to mock all life for a short second before it fell to dust, what monster had he been? What dark evil had they faced? These types of thoughts ran through his head at an ever quickening pace until suddenly one previously forgotten memory returned. An old poem written in years long past that he had read while in the Canterlot Archives came back to him:

Morn after morn dispels the dark,

Bearing our lives away;

Absorbed in cares we fail to mark

How swift our years decay;

Some maddening draught hath drugged our souls,

In love with vital breath,

Which still the same sad chart unrolls,

Birth, eld, disease, and death.

A chill ran up his spine as the poem played through his mind, not through his own inner voice, but as though from some ancient ghostly chorus. He shook his head to clear the thoughts from his mind, now was no time to focus on such things. Like the Earth pony said, they were possibly criminals now and there was still the matter of the unconscious pegasus.

He saw that the others, except for the white unicorn and the pegasus, seemed uninigured. He then watched as the white unicorn healed his own wound and then began attempting to awaken the pegasus. He winced in sympathy as she slowly woke up, her injury looked quite painful and her panting cries seemed to affirm that. He was glad to know that the white unicorn, Dr. Whitemane, was there to help with the pegasus.

He would have tried something, but his lack of medical knowledge would have caused him to probably do more harm than good. Seeing that the medical situation was being handled he scanned the surroundings to make sure there were no more guards coming, then approached the remaining guard. He didn't say anything, but just simply kept an eye on him in case he decided to attempt anything.

Edited by Guest

"Unicorn. Ugh." The last remaining guard said to Shadow, short of breath writhing on the ground. "Unicorn, Ahh!" the guard was in pain. "Tell Princess Celestia, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave. Hnnghh. Please. I don't have much time left. I want to see Ponyville one last time. I grew up here before you came. Lift my head so I can see it once more. Ugh." The last guard had tears in his eyes, he was being genuine. Whatever was controlling him seemed to have left him. "Please unicorn." The last guard looked into Shadow's eyes, and the guards' eyes were full of sadness and sorrow.

Shadow was surprised by the sudden change in the guard, truly this was the last thing he had expected to hear from him. With the guard's words and expressions he felt a huge pang of remorse for kicking him, he had never seen somepony so filled with sorrow before. He was a former resident of ponyville, what happened to him? What had caused him to do the things he did? He had so many questions, but all of these were secondary to helping the guard with what seemed to be his final request.

He positions himself so that he can help the guard better see the town by getting his body propped up against his own. In this way the guard could semi-sit and get a better view while Shadow supported him. As he sits there with the guard he can't help but look around at the town himself, then back to the guard, then back to the town.

He felt like he was really seeing things for the first time, and the emotions aroused by both the dying guard and the town brought tears to his own eyes. "I promise to tell Celestia myself, you can count on me. Do you have a name I can give her?" He felt horrible for asking during what appeared to be the guard's dying moments, but if Celestia was to know he wanted to have a name he could give her.

The whole time he kept hoping the Dr. would come over and help the poor guard somehow, but for now he feels he is doing the best he can for him.

(edited)

"My name?" The guard thought for a moment "I think it was Chestnut." he thought for a moment more "Chestnut Oaktree." a look of slight pain both from his injuries and trying to remember his almost forgotten name appeared on his face. He then looked upon Ponyville, tears streaming down his face.

"It hasn't changed." he whispered "There is where mama gave me my first play sword. Where I met Daisy. Where I told ma I was joining the Royal Guard." His eyelids were drooping slowly. "Where I betrayed my friends." he paused for a moment. And a curious thing starts to happen, he starts to fade away in your arms, his weight dissipating. "Thank you, thank you for letting me see my home for one last time, in peace. Daisy, I'm coming home." And with those last words his whole form disappeared leaving nothing but silence.

The mist from the Everfree Forest starts to fade as the Sun rises higher in the sky. All is quiet at the moment save for the mumblings of Hazey and the coaxing words of Spirit. The town square is empty. An uneasy calm from the turmoil that has just passed, the only remnant from it is the Captain of the Guards' knife.

Edited by Tyoeman
  • Brohoof 2