S02:E23 - Ponyville Confidential

46 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

"Ponyville Confidential" is all about "Karma" & in the end "Karma" caught up with Diamond Tiara, bigtime!!!!

This is a surprisingly cynical episode. Ponyville is full of hypocrites who don't care about bad things happening to others and only care when they get targeted. I can't exactly fault the episode for this view as it is realistic, and it does come out with an optimistic message at the end. The CMC realize that even if everyone enjoys, that doesn't make it morally right and it can still cause consequences. That's a surprisingly nuanced moral. I like it. 

The episode is also very funny. The episode takes itself more seriously than normal, but it has some really great gags along with it so it doesn't get too boring.

The only issue is that Cheerilee disappears after her first scene until the end. It's a necessary contrivance and I don't have a big problem with it, but it does get distracting when she appears at the end.

Score: 9/10

Badges

I like this episode. They stalked everybody looking for good gossip kind of like the tabloids.  This relates to a real life issue and that's why I think it's one of the better CMC episodes.

It was an entertaining episode, however the way the ponies reacted to the cmc is a bit extreme, sure some might react this way but ponies like twilight should have behaved more appropriately, and some parts of the episode just felt off to me. 6\10 

This was an okay episode, funny too. 7/10