Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Sailor Moon

Addelyn

13 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to watch Sailor Moon Crystal when it comes out on July 5th?

• Yes
    • No

I'm still waiting for a decent dub to come out :P

I've always liked what I saw from the episodes I've seen though

Yah, a decent dub is probably never going to come out. Most people who watch any type of anime just watch subs because with the dubs a lot of cutural stuff tends to get removed or is missing or american dubs just take out gay relationships and stuff like that. 

I was just wondering if there were any other sailor moon fans out there? The new Sailor Moon Crystal anime starts early next month. 

Sailor Moon Crystal is Next month? Holy.... *expletive* Well I'll hurry up and watch those re-airings on Hulu then... 

Yah, a decent dub is probably never going to come out. Most people who watch any type of anime just watch subs because with the dubs a lot of cutural stuff tends to get removed or is missing or american dubs just take out gay relationships and stuff like that. 

That depends on who's dubbing it, and the airing time slot. If they do this english dub like the Dic dub then yeah they'll do exactly what you said. Which I wouldn't mind because they have to introduce it to kids somehow... But if it returns to to Toonami *inhales* Nah that's setting my hopes waaaaaay too high...

Sailor Moon Crystal is Next month? Holy.... *expletive* Well I'll hurry up and watch those re-airings on Hulu then... 

That depends on who's dubbing it, and the airing time slot. If they do this english dub like the Dic dub then yeah they'll do exactly what you said. Which I wouldn't mind because they have to introduce it to kids somehow... But if it returns to to Toonami *inhales* Nah that's setting my hopes waaaaaay too high...

I just find so many dubs don't do it right I've pretty much given up with them. I pretty much only watch sub these days. Plus sometimes the voice actors they chose in the english dubs don't sound right and I prefer the Japanese ones. 

I liked Sailor Moon back in the day, but could never really enjoy it as I got teased for liking 'girly stuff.' >_>

I need to get back into it someday. I really did enjoy it when I gave it a chance.

• Brohoof 1

I liked Sailor Moon back in the day, but could never really enjoy it as I got teased for liking 'girly stuff.' >_>

I need to get back into it someday. I really did enjoy it when I gave it a chance.

The new Reboot is starting July 5th, so that might be a good time to get back into it 

• Brohoof 1

The new Reboot is starting July 5th, so that might be a good time to get back into it 

I have heard next to nothing about this reboot, so I'm curious. I hope it at least catches some attention. Would be nice to see one of the two shows that introduced me to anime in the first place (the other being DBZ, of course).

I have heard next to nothing about this reboot, so I'm curious. I hope it at least catches some attention. Would be nice to see one of the two shows that introduced me to anime in the first place (the other being DBZ, of course).

Just google Sailor Moon Crystal 2014 and you'll find info. Honestly, not much has been released other than some promo pictures and a trailer. 

• Brohoof 1

Just google Sailor Moon Crystal 2014 and you'll find info. Honestly, not much has been released other than some promo pictures and a trailer. 

I must say that I am liking what I am seeing so far. Should be interesting. :)

• Brohoof 1

Though Ryoko from "Tenchi Muyo!" was the first anime girl I fell hard for, the Sailor Scouts basically kickstarted my attraction to anime girls in general.  I have a Sailor Moon t-shirt, even lol.  I read one tankoubon of the Sailor Moon manga and enjoyed it (possibly more than the show - despite its striking me as less fanservice-y); kept meaning to buy more so I'd be able to collect all the Pretty Soldiers on the covers.

• Brohoof 2

Though Ryoko from "Tenchi Muyo!" was the first anime girl I fell hard for, the Sailor Scouts basically kickstarted my attraction to anime girls in general.  I have a Sailor Moon t-shirt, even lol.  I read one tankoubon of the Sailor Moon manga and enjoyed it (possibly more than the show - despite its striking me as less fanservice-y); kept meaning to buy more so I'd be able to collect all the Pretty Soldiers on the covers.

If you like the manga, you should watch the upcoming new series, it apparently is following the Manga very closely. 

• Brohoof 1

I grew up watching Sailor Moon with my sister. I LOVE it. I recently begun to get into it again, and the part with Serena facing down Queen Beryl in the English dub gives me chills to this day. The music, voice acting, and amazing atmosphere and feel of the scene is brilliant!

Definitely looking forward to this! I even remember when they announced the remake 2 years ago(I think) and now it's here! :D

I also heard it's going to be streamed worldwide. Awesome! I use like this show a lot, Sailor Mercury, Venus, and Saturn were my favorites :)

saturn-o.gif

tumblr_m7k1giLY4C1rbf108o1_500.gif

tumblr_l8lfxq8sR01qdtj3jo1_r1_400.gif

Moon Prism Hype! Sorry about all those gifs :P

• Brohoof 1

Seriously can't wait for the reboot to debut on the 5th. Sailor Moon is my all-time favorite anime series, watched all the seasons and Jupiter is my favorite sailor scout. Watching the preview really gets me excited!

If anyone is interested, the first episode aired today. You can watch it with English subs (also others such as spanish) on sites such as Crunchyroll (which I know is free) and Niconico but I'm not sure if Nico is free. I think Hulu is showing it as well. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes I'm a big SailorMoon fan in fact that was the first anime I got into when they had it on fox but they canceled it ! Then later they showed it on Cartoon Network it seem to stay better on that channel then fox !  So if you want to watch SAILORMOON CRYSTAL watch it on Hulu if you have an account set on their site enjoy !

*activates royal canterlot voice* It's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere! *bounces around like a ball*

Usagi's voice is so squeaky, no wonder it can hold off evil ^.^

The op and ed...quite spoilery, isn't it? I mean, there is most likely hardly anybody in the world who hasn't seen the original series or read the manga, but still, op gives quite a bit away.

"Who wears a toxedo during the day?", well, good question, plus it's the very same Tuxedo, plus a top hat and the silly mask that doesn't actually do much to the original porpose, namely disguising one's identity...serioulsy, it is a good thing Usagi's head is so messy she couldn't remember she had already seen the guy in the Tuxedo just a few hours earlier

on another note, why was the shop door still open during the obvious middle of the night? One would think they'd at least have security officers guarding all the preciousssssssssssss *oops, Gollum-mode activated ^.^*

Transformation...well, not as bad as I feared, it's actually not really cgi- it just looks somewhat cgi-ish (is cgi-ish a proper term? if it isn't, I just invented it)

well then, please excuse me while I am having a massive fangasm...

I still think that the transformation was a bit CGIie but it wasn't as bad in the show as it was during the preview so hopefully it gets better.

I watched the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal, and I must admit It's so gorgeous~ Ahhh~ You're sure to enjoy it!

sailor_moon_crystal_gif_4_by_ng9-d7ld3vu

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen Sailor Moon before at all, until like a few minutes ago since I decided to give the first couple episodes of Crystal a shot on Crunchyroll. :derp:

It's okay I guess. It looks gorgeous and all but I can't help but roll my eyes at the story so far lol, I think I'll keep watching just to see if it gets any better though. It's definitely not anything groundbreaking, which I understand since it's a reboot/remake or whatever but still. :huh:

I've never seen Sailor Moon before at all, until like a few minutes ago since I decided to give the first couple episodes of Crystal a shot on Crunchyroll. :derp:

It's okay I guess. It looks gorgeous and all but I can't help but roll my eyes at the story so far lol, I think I'll keep watching just to see if it gets any better though. It's definitely not anything groundbreaking, which I understand since it's a reboot/remake or whatever but still. :huh:

Not groundbreaking insofar as what, though? Remember that Sailor Moon is responsible for revolutionizing the magical girl genre; so while it may seem rather dull and unoriginal by today's standards, it should be watched bearing this fact in mind.

• Brohoof 1

The reboot is also more closely following the manga this time around than the 90s anime did. For anyone new to Sailor Moon I recommend staying with it, more exciting things are to come! 

• Brohoof 1