Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Fall of Andalasia ~Book 1~

RunsWithSquirlz

@@RunsWithSquirlz, I chuckle darkly, "That should be obvious, I maybe a heartless, soulless and cold uncaring bastard  without even a damn sex drive. But my one good trait is I see things to the end, and with this contract I will do just that, and I'll  pray to what ever god that gives a damn, that I am forgotten in the end.

*@@RunsWithSquirlz

"HA! You're already pulling on my hair, how much more painful is that knife going to be?" Helena asked with a pained smirk. She wondered what he would do with the knife but realised tht she didn't want to find out. She struggled against his grip but found it to be too strong for her as well as causing her pain as he clutched her hair near her scalp Eventually ceasing her struggle, she prepared herself for whatever he was going to do with the knife.*

As the images began to fade away, Robert's mind was spinning. Was any of this real? Where was he? Just how far back did these illusions go, if indeed they were illusions at all? And why was he having them? The inn? Was there some plot at work? How could they have known? Still only semi-conscious, he began thrashing around, almost as if he was trying to physically fight the illusions.

@@RunsWithSquirlz,

Dresden jerked backed when everything began to fade away, he covered his eyes as his head started spinning, What happened to mommy? Did he have a mother? Meanwhile Dresden started to move in his sleep, though the shackles made sure he didn't have a lot of space to move.

Edited by Flying Ace

"I am beyond stressed and far beyond grouchy." Clarke peered back the way he had came and saw he was looking into the same room and could see his own back; he thought for a moment about crossing the room and taking the elevator but decided whether going up or down the metal box would simply enter the room from the other direction. (Now you're thinking with portals :P)

He sigh in exasperation and reluctant defeat, he as stuck in this impossible room with it's impossible people; this whole world seemed to be a trap and one he was being forced to spring. He finally forced himself to meet Whisper's eyes, "I don't know why I am here. But why are you here?" He felt like both answers were important.

Zaddion snapped awake as he fell to the floor just outside the window. Almost instantly he realized that he was dreaming, but whatever had him in that state left him in a state where he couldn't think straight at all. The first thing he noticed is how whatever he was lying on didn't feel like the mattress, the second thing being his belongings, especially the heavier ones falling on top of him. "I... What?" He apparently didn't have the strength to make much more than a quiet sound, perhaps there was a little... Whatever caused that experience still taking hold over him.  

"Hush." The girl whispered to Zaddion. In the darkness, Zaddion could hear a small clink and uncorking of a bottle. In a moment, she pressed it to his lips "Drink it. We need to get out of this daze."

The men were hefted up to hooks against cold stone walls. Mostly naked save for thier undergarments. The groans of other men awakening 3choed in the dark chamber.

*Gods you tell that lie so confidently! You think just because you deny you have those things it's true?" I walked over to myself jabbing him in the chest with my finger, "You just keep trying to bury them deeper and deeper because they scares you, because they hurt you! You're too weak to carry your own emotional weight so tried to toss it aside." I spoke for a moment in the voice of our father, calling up memory of him taking us hunting when we were young, "The world doesn't work like that Indy."

I returned to my own voice, "You thought earlier I was a version of what you could have been, you're wrong. I am you. This dream it's about what you desire, Heart's Desire Inn, I'm smart enough to figure it out so you have to be. But you don't think you desire anything, you deny everything. You're wrong. I am you! I am your heart, I am your soul, I am your care, I am even your damn sex drive. YOU buried me for years. I am your hearts desire, the desire you lie to yourself about. Now you think for one gods damned minute why you see an older version of yourself as your greatest desire when you know after this mission is over you're going to die?!"*

*"I'm here because you put me here. You...sold me...and then boight me again to use me. How could you not remember?" Her voice cracked. The engines churned in response and glowed brighter; feeding off the intensity of her emotions. "I helped you achieve...everything you wanted. I was it."*

Robert was awake by now, albeit very confused. But then, it figures that the best thing to happen to him in ages was just a trick to capture them. Still, this wasn't really the worst situation he'd been in. You spend your life wandering around getting into trouble and this stuff tends to happen every once in a while. Not really a whole lot he could do besides hope for a miracle. He looked around and tried to figure out exactly where they were. He might get a chance to run if he was lucky, and he wouldn't let that go to waste if it happened.

The memory played out in ironically my mind, of my third hunting trip with my father, we were returning home, I was ignorant about the world and still curious when I asked, "Daddy why do we have to kill the bunnies, why not make friends with them and pet them?" My father smiled and ruffled my hair, "The world dose not work like that Indy, we have to eat as well look at it like this, we respect the rabbit's sacrifice when we eat the meat it provides us, we don't kill it for sport but to survive ourselves..."

With those last words the memory faded. I held a still posture even if it did feel good to remember. After a moment, I shrugged, well I did it once I can do it again but I have a feeling I should wake up so its my time to go."

I got up and exited the building leaving my "desire" behind, and tried to force myself awake.

Clarke shook his head, "I wouldn't do that... Not all of that at least." Guilt wracked him now, he didn't believe it but maybe his mind was the one that had made this twisted rotten world. He tried to justify himself, "All of Illia wanted you, your mission was doomed from the beginning. What was I supposed to do, fight an entire country for you? Smuggle you under the noses of madmen and the noble elite? It was impossible, any contacts I would usually rely on would betray us. Selling you to Jaiden was the the best solution."

He looked away from her, he couldn't stand to keep eye contact. "He's crime lord and possibly mad but he wouldn't have mistreated you and you would have ended up liking him, everyone ends up liking him. He's the only one in Illia that I could think of powerful enough to protect you from the whoever is high enough in the capital to send the Iron Maiden. Don't you think I've had second thoughts? Especially now that I..." Clarke glance back at Whisper his eyes had started to tear with the thought that he did this to her, but he forced the emotions down, "...It was the only way I could protect you, it started out being about the money, but that's just a side benefit now. Jaiden is the only way I get to see you end up at least a little safe."

He approached the cage she was in focusing his gaze on the machinery and anywhere but her face. He rested a hand against the glass, "And if somehow I had a way to buy you back from him, if I could even convince you to leave him and the danger had passed... It wouldn't have ended up like this, I couldn't do this to you and get everything I want."

@@RunsWithSquirlz, @@Dji, @Alex Kennedy, @@Shadow Dancer, @@Torrent505

Dresden shook his head groggily that was a dream that turned into a nightmare, he tried to rub his head but found he was being held by shackles. "what the-?! Robert? Whisp? Anyone?! What's going on?!" Dresden tried to look around in the dark but his eyes haven't adjusted yet he could just see blobs in the darkness.

After thinking about it, there really wasn't any choice he had in the matter. Whoever this person was they could easily kill him in his state, so the drink likely wasn't poisoned. There was nothing left to do but follow her command and drink whatever was in the container she had pressed to him. As he drank he managed to organize his thoughts, that dream wasn't entirely of his own doing, which means someone or something had likely put the others in a similar state. Either this place had a very incompetent security or they had walked into a trap from the very beginning.

(Your characters can wake up)

*"What did you think Jaiden did to me? A fragile, naive princess who trusts everybody? Can you imagine?" She leaned forward, coming closer to him.

"Andalasia fell to Illia. You helped develop the technology to do so. You...you have so many questions you already know the answer to Clarke, do not be blind." Whisper pressed her hand against his. "I could have given you everything if only you asked..."*

*The assassin turned to leave the house and I sighed knowing that he hadn't gotten the message. Neither of us had never been very good at talking things out, guess I had to do this the hard way. As he stepped outside I was there and he stepped right into my outstretched hand, it clutched around his throat. I stared into my own passionless eyes then spit into them to blind him before yanking him by the throat to slam him head first into the doorframe to stun him. It split his scalp and blood began to flow down his forehead, "I'm not going to let you bury me away in this forgotten house. You're not leaving to do that to me again, I won't let you."

I threw him back send him tumbling across the floor, following and kicking him as he went, "you remember that so fondly but won't let yourself make any more good memories, and you spit on our fathers grave everyday! We don't kill for sport but to survive, remember his words?! You've made a mockery of him, you kill for a job or as a goal. That's not enough." I drew my sword looking down at myself bleeding on the floor, "You want to die, I want to live; to really LIVE, not whatever it is you do everyday. So I'm going to kill you, like dad said I should, I'll kill to survive."

I stepped back to giving him space to stand and ready himself for a fight. We were equally skilled, but he was already wounded now and didn't have the desire and drive behind his fight like I did. He was already dead but I'd give him one last chance to see if he wanted to live. I readied my blade, "The disposable assassin doesn't leave this dream only the desperate survivor clinging to life and we both know which one of us that is."*

The girl watched Zaddion drink "We need to get you out of here. Then come back for your friends. Come."

Helena calmed herself and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she found herself in another room but this one felt real. For one, the heady atmosphere of Heart's Desire Inn made her feel woozy so that was one thing. The other thing was that she felt like she was pinned to the bed. It felt like she couldn't move her arms or legs, only her head.'Out of one nightmare and into another.' Helena thought grimly as she tried to figure a way out of this.

Clarke pulled his hand away from the glass, "I'm not the type of person to ask for help, I never have and it's too late to change." He managed to meet her eyes again, "Besides look at what my desires have lead to. No it's best if I never succeed Whisper, I'll do what I can to undo the damage I've set to happen in Coppershine but then I'm going to get as far from you as I can. My future seems to be a dark one and the best I can do is keep it as far from you as possible." He turned away heading for the lift his shoulders slumping as if a heavy weight had been put upon them, "I'd secretly hoped friends and love could be in my future but it's clear now I would only break them against my ambitions. I'll try to save you all from that." He started the lift to rise and felt himself rising from sleep.

Serafinno had moved silently down the hallway in the shadows, the staff seemed to be doing something and he didn't like them anymore. Following Whispers scent he nosed his way into the door ready to pounce on the princess to wake her and give her a piece of his mind for abandoning him. Instead his scales raised to spikes and his lips pulled back to a tooth snarl, their were strange men in the room and no men were allowed in the princesses bedroom, the Queen had once told him what to do if that ever happened. He paused for a moment trying to figure out how he would bite each one in the crotch before they could flee the room.

@@RunsWithSquirlz, I laughed and got up, "You are sadly mistaken I said I will make sure I complete my contract, if I must shed you permanently to make it happen then so be it but know I am in control not a fragment of me." My blade was in my hand and I knew a little while back this was a dream so I had control of the area around me, but he locked me from waking up. I knew what he was capable of  and he knew what I was capable of. I decided to play into his hand and strike seriously when I had a chance to finish him or seriously harm him, all the while I shielded my thoughts from him all the while, he knew what I could do but I could do all I could to push things in my favor.

"Lets dance." I readied and shouted "Come at me bastard!"

(yay a chance to show what I can do in a fight. But I will finish this quickly.)

Edited by Shadow Dancer

"I... Guess I don't have a choice," was the situation not so dire he would've hit himself for trusting a complete stranger, but the other members of the group were all that really mattered in the present moment and he wouldn't be able to save them now, not without getting half of them killed himself included. "I'm expecting answers the first instance it becomes convenient..." Zaddion grunted as he struggled to his feet and quickly donned on the relatively easy-to-wear robe, either whatever had hold of him wasn't as binding as he thought or the liquid she gave him was working, "but until then I guess you lead the way."

@@RunsWithSquirlz,

Robert looked around for their captors and called out to them. He had to at least get a feel for the situation. "What exactly are you planning to do with us? I don't know about the others, but I don't think there are a lot of people ready to shell out a bunch of ransom money for me. 

The girl led him to the stables, where all the animals lay dead asleep. Tugg didn't even raise his head when she helped Zaddion hobble in.

"It'll take a while for it to clear your head, I had to fashion that crudely." She sat him down and crouched next to him.

"I'm helping you because you helped me too. Repayment. Get it out of the way and all that. But we need to come up with some sort of idea for your companions. You're very adapt at magic and they are not mages, just ordinary, sick and crazy women." She had a thick foreign accent but spoke wisely.

Tulla stirred and tried to rise, the muscles in her arms braced against the cold steel "Wha...what was that...". Sleep still clung to her, the drug making her feel heavy.

Whisper pleasantly stayed asleep, locked in her fufilling dreams. Whisper was never one to hide from something she loved or wanted and so, fully embraced the enchanting dream. If she could, she would never wake up.

A maid looked over at Dresden and grabbed him by the cheeks "You pigs will be slaughtered like the animals you are. Fortunately, your friend there will be kept as a personal slave for madame." She smiled evilly.

As Serrafinno bristled and readied for attack. Madame crept up slowly behind him; carrying a fire cloth between her hands, ready to bag him.

@@RunsWithSquirlz,

Robert tried to think quickly. Maybe he had some small bit of leverage here, if they wanted to keep him around. "I guess I can imagine worse fates, although if you really want to hang on to me, why not keep the rest of us as well? As much as I love to please the womenfolk, I don't think I could possibly take care of all of you by myself. And honestly, if you let the others stay here with me, I might not even mind it that much. Trust me, I'll be no good to you if you can't keep me happy." 

@@Flying Ace@@Alex Kennedy,

Clarke finally woke up.  He wasn't obvious about it merely opening his eyes and looking about.  He slowly took stock of the situation listening to them talk about what they were planning to do.  He jingled his chain to gather attention and test its links, they were strong.  Sure that they had at least noticed him he spoke up, "You know Tinkerers are worth a lot more alive than dead, with what I can build and all.  Also I have acquaintances that would be disappointed enough that they may come looking."

@@RunsWithSquirlz,

The Madame knew the inn far too well to step on a squeaky board or something so obvious to make a noise and tip Serafinno off, but it's hard to sneak up on an air dragon especially with a bag ruffling the air about.  He squawked and jumped into motion wanting to run forward and bite one of the men in Whispers room in the crotch like he'd always been told to, he didn't know if he'd be quicker than whatever was behind him.

• Brohoof 1

@@RunsWithSquirlz,  (I'll just move along and wake up, we can do the duel later

I smiled  at my double and promptly woke up pushing him down into the back of my mind I knew he would free himself eventually but right now I did not want to deal with him. I woke up and opened my eyes and looked around noticing I was not on the bed i slept on but instead chained to a wall weaponless, my eyes were adjusting to the dark and I looked around and saw the other males of our group but the princess and two other women were nowhere to be seen.

"Well, if they're not Mages then that increases our range of options." Zaddion clutched his head as he spoke, the drug or, hypnotism or whatever they'd put on him was frustrating, he couldn't think perfectly clearly despite the liquid he'd drank slowly working. Perhaps it was just the disorientation talking, but an idea actually clicked in his head when he thought about his current state. "It's not enough for the whole plan, but perhaps there could be a way to 'give them a taste of their own medicine,' as it were only this time..." The Mage geld his hand up a little and glared at it "Being awake won't be enough to save them."

Edited by Sanctified Absence

"They won't be expecting us" the woman said.

A fat man looked down at Helena, taking in his prize.

The maid scoffed "We've heard all these things before! You all end up feed for the pigs soon enough!"

The man yelled in pain when the dragons teeth sunk into his crotch. Madame scrambled after Serrafinno, wrapping his legs taut underneath his belly and his snout with the fire cloth. Maids rushed in to help the injured man. Whisper barely stirred in her sleep.