gaming Game Boy? What's that?

Discordian

My point is that they wouldn't be proper things to play if you wish to be referred to as a gamer. I don't really care that it makes me sound like an ass, but I really don't consider Angry Birds a gamer's kinda game.

It's not so much that you sound like an ass as you sound like an idiot. Angry Birds, Farmville, Fruit Ninja...all of these are games. They are made with an entirely different mentality than games like Final Fantasy as much as Final Fantasy is made with an entirely different mentality as Grand Theft Auto. They're all games and people who play them, even semi-regularly, are gamers. A lot of the time the people who play games like Angry Birds play them far longer and with more dedication to win than people who play Final Fantasy and they don't get to be called gamers? They put as much love into it as anyone else.

• Brohoof 1

It's obvious that I need to shut up then and keep my opinions to my self since they seem to be being spat back into my face with great prejudice. Maybe you are right @Discordian, maybe I am the biggest retard idiot on this earth because I apparently don't fit to the standards of everyone else here on the topic of gaming. Carry on then and don't mind me.

"Love and Hate are two different sides of the same coin. Both are feelings that are indescribable. One is felt often while the other is typically felt by those who cannot comprehend right from wrong." - Me

"In my time as a reaper of souls, I've learned to never take anything seriously unless it means my life. Chaos and Control are forms of the life flow, nothing more. Pain and heartbreak are no different, just a flow of events." - Sadist

"I know there is no use to prey, I am a demon today. We all are demons today" - Combichrist

You're the one being prejudice by telling people they aren't real gamers if they play games like Angry Birds more than anything else. Especially if they're new gamers and Angry Birds is their gateway into other forms of gaming. All you do with an attitude like that is exclude potentially valuable members of the gaming community just because you don't like the idea or reputation of a game.

• Brohoof 3

You're the one being prejudice by telling people they aren't real gamers if they play games like Angry Birds more than anything else. Especially if they're new gamers and Angry Birds is their gateway into other forms of gaming. All you do with an attitude like that is exclude potentially valuable members of the gaming community just because you don't like the idea or reputation of a game.

Just some friendly advice then if you feel that strongly about that. If you said that stuff like Angry Birds is gamer material at a E3 convention, you'd be a laughing stock. Just saying. So yeah, there's something to think about.

"Love and Hate are two different sides of the same coin. Both are feelings that are indescribable. One is felt often while the other is typically felt by those who cannot comprehend right from wrong." - Me

"In my time as a reaper of souls, I've learned to never take anything seriously unless it means my life. Chaos and Control are forms of the life flow, nothing more. Pain and heartbreak are no different, just a flow of events." - Sadist

"I know there is no use to prey, I am a demon today. We all are demons today" - Combichrist

You realize that E3 exists to show what's new with gaming including trends, technology and games, right? Angry Birds is as much a part of that as anything else.

You act as if being a laughingstock among idiots means anything. Most people who would be laughing couldn't properly tell me why Angry Birds isn't legit gaming beyond "it's just my opinion so deal with it". An opinion is worthless if it has nothing to stand on.

I've never played a Facebook, phone or Angry Birds but even I can see the obvious trend and that games like that are huge. Things don't become popular for no reason and "hardcore" gamers are included in that popularity.

See, I only ever had the game boy color. I never had the big brick one. I still have the GBC and the Zelda Oracle games for it, which still work, pretty impressive considering their internal batteries should have run dry by now. Either way, it was still a great system. It was definitely designed more as a toy though, it could handle being dropped a LOT.

QfdUcx0.png

I use pokemon showdown because I can't afford a 2DS :c

Fine, you've won. I hope you are happy with yourself. I hope proving that I'm a idiot was worth it to you. I also hope you enjoyed shattering my opinion into a million pieces, just because you don't like that I don't consider stuff like Angry Birds proper gaming. I sincerely hope you enjoy the corporate, watered down, hell hole of gaming you are supporting, @Discordian. I know it's my own fault for saying this but you have broken me. I am frustrated and tired. Let's just agree to disagree move on.

I'm not trying to prove you're an idiot. I just want people to think about what they say before they say it and consider that just because they have an opinion doesn't mean it's a good opinion. You still haven't given me a single reason why these types of games aren't proper for a gamer. I see no reasons, only conclusions.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but until touch devices adopt buttons, as far as I'm concerned even the classic Gameboy has a much more gamer-esque control scheme than them. That is just my opinion though. As these are kids, that vid is kind of cute. Now excuse me while I contemplate playing something retro.

Edited by Tross

That would imply that every game would even need buttons. I'd agree with the sentiment that having an action assigned to the touch screen when it could have just as easily had a button to press, potentially being more efficient than the touch screen ever could be, but there are games that don't require the use of buttons either.

I'm not trying to prove your an idiot. I just want people to think about what they say before they say it and consider that just because they have an opinion doesn't mean it's a good opinion. You still haven't given me a single reason why these types of games aren't proper for a gamer. I see no reasons, only conclusions.

Well, that is true. I haven't stated any reasons have I. Then again these reason I have maybe not really worth it but... meh never mind. All I'll be doing is talking the rest of the night that it's something created that really doesn't take from console/hand held gaming, that more people are going to play that then give console/hand held gaming a chance in the newer generation, so yeah. Either way, I'm just going to stop before my pride and emotions are hurt any further.

I had a Gameboy, but in all honesty I picked up a GBC (Gameboy Colour - The Revolution) about 3 weeks afer I got my Gameboy. Then, being about 5, lost the Gameboy and not the games.  :please: 
A few months later the gameboy advanced came out and that was the best thing for me, and then to add the cherry on top, you could STILL play the older games on it, so i had a GBA with all the Pokémon games of those gens (Yellow to Emerald) and a load of other games. I got a DS but when I did I stuck to the older games and was slightly disheartened to see the old Gameboy games didn't work on it.

Charge and go kits were a revolution back then...

Just saying back then makes me feel old. ^_^

sylveon_the_pink_by_thebronypinkiepie-d8

http://mlpforums.com/topic/121534-the-evil-withinoutlast-style-survival-rp/ Take a look at my RP please.

-Sig by Handsome Changeling

You know handheld gaming often isn't considered real gaming either because it doesn't have the power of consoles or PCs and can't properly portray things in the realistic manner that many games go for these days.

But more people playing those types of games doesn't mean they aren't gamers but rather that gaming as a whole is expanding and evolving. It's becoming something that isn't just for those dedicated to the hobby; a way for family members to get together and have fun, a reliever of boredom for those who have to wait long periods of time in transit or in a doctor's office, an escape for people who have a tough time on the job, a portal into other worlds for those who aren't satisfied with the one we live in, and even an avenue to advance technology and fund the economy.

As gaming expands so, too, must it's definitions. It's more than just a hobby or pastime. It's a social event and a lifestyle.

GBA-SP (AGS-101) is best gameboy! Fully backwards compatible with backlight!  :wub:

Indeed it is! What I didn't like about its predecessors is that if you are in the dark or in the sun, you're screwed.

The kid that totally dismisses it because you have to press buttons instead of touch the screen. I weep for the gaming generations of tomorrow.

Which is ironic considering that the new 8th generation gaming handhelds still use buttons.

I honestly dont care about my gameboy, it was thrown in the bin as i was told. the new games are way better.

To quote The Simpsons:

"Please can we kill the kids?"

a little extreme dont you think?

• Brohoof 2

My point is that they wouldn't be proper things to play if you wish to be referred to as a gamer. I don't really care that it makes me sound like an ass, but I really don't consider Angry Birds a gamer's kinda game.

I read the conversation between you and Discordian. Perhaps we can put this to rest by saying that people that mostly play these types of games are usually casual gamers: people who invest relatively little time and money into games. I suppose you could say that more "traditional gamers" could be those who do invest a good amount of time and money into games (like playing on a dedicated gaming console instead of just on a phone or browser). Then again, I can't exactly call people who puts hundreds of hours and a high amount of money in a Facebook game a casual; perhaps you could call those people hardcore gamers of the... Facebook genre? I guess to me the amount of time and/or money one invests in a game determines what level of gamer they are; the word gamer itself is a very general term.

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

To quote The Simpsons:

"Please can we kill the kids?"

post-26413-0-44678700-1417705733_thumb.jpg

"Of course you can! And then you'll be hauled off to jail! Do you know what'll happen after that? You meet big bubba of course! And you'll be his 'wife' forever. Now doesn't that sound fun?"

post-26413-0-31691000-1417706033_thumb.jpg

"But really though. No. No you can't."

post-26413-0-93688100-1417706217_thumb.jpg

"And to say such a thing over something as petty as not knowing what gameboy is, is DISGUSTING. The HELLS wrong with you?"

post-26413-0-76378300-1417706355_thumb.jpg

Seriously. What the f--k. "Can we please kill the kids? They don't know what a gameboy is and they insulted it. That's totally something you can kill them over." try repeating that on your head a few times. Yeah. Doesn't sound so good now does it.

Edited by GhostlyWritings
  • Brohoof 1

http://i.imgur.com/1m3V4im.jpg

^full sized avatar picture there

I honestly dont care about my gameboy, it was thrown in the bin as i was told. the new games are way better.

a little extreme dont you think?

'tis a joke, son. Not like I'm being sincere. If you knew the co text the joke was in you'd probably ly be laughing too.

image.jpg

"Of course you can! And then you'll be hauled off to jail! Do you know what'll happen after that? You meet big bubba of course! And you'll be his 'wife' forever. Now doesn't that sound fun?"

image.jpg

image.jpg

"And to say such a thing over something as petty as not knowing what gameboy is, is DISGUSTING. The HELLS wrong with you?"

image.jpg

Seriously. What the f--k. "Can we please kill the kids? They don't know what a gameboy is and they insulted it. That's totally something you can kill them over." try repeating that on your head a few times. Yeah. Doesn't sound so good now does it.

Sorry to DP but both of ya need to get the notification. It is just a joke.

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

just calm down man. it was a joke, and even if it wasnt, you dont have to go berserk over it. there's a high probability that he wont do anything like that.

• Brohoof 1

I had a similar feeling after watching the "Teens (not even kids, teens!) Play Smash Bros. 64" video that's floating around YuhTubs.

"I didn't know there was one this old, I only thought it was on the wii!"

I'm 22 y/o, I thought this stuff was supposed to happen way later ;_;

• Brohoof 1

You could oh I don't know. SAY it's a joke perhaps.

This is the internet you know.... 99.999% of things said in topics like this are jokes...

Props for using Norm the Genie though.... Back when Fairly Odd parents was good.

• Brohoof 1