Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OC questions

GammaDove

Well start on what your like and incoperate it into your oc. what is your ocs special talent? whats a special talent you have?

Art, music, baking or something like that.

Give it a backstory, how did it get its cutie mark?

Then give it a name

Then work on its looks

Use pony generator as a bse but try and draw it yourself

Hope this helps :)

Well, i don't have a ton of experience making Oc's(I've only made two and both were in pony creator, so yeah.) but i think starting with an OC which is atleast based off you to some extent is a good idea, just because it lets you get use to the whole process, then you can make an OC who differs from you because you'll understand how making an OC works better.

Just my thoughts.

I think the talent it will have is an important starting point, and then the cutie mark could really be done before or after the creation of you pony to an extent, but try to make it work on your Oc's color scheme. 

Oh and try not to use to strong colors on your OC. really faded colors or pastel colors work nicely for ponies, but really strong colors I find don't typically look as good.

If your as picky as me you'll probably spend a few hours collectively on selecting a color scheme you like, but still. 

Pony creator is nice to use especially for giving yourself atleast a basic look at what your OC will look like, although if you have some art talent a drawing of some type of the OC can be useful so you can stray from the limits of Pony creators. And give your OC a more original look.

And have fun! 

That's all I got really, good luck!

(edited)

Theres a couple different things you can do here. The first option is very common which is simply going to this: (http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904) and creating an OC using the available sources.

You could also look up a pony base on the Internet or Deviant Art, redraw it, and then make up your own mane styles, colors, eyes, and etc.

The other thing you could do is just think of your ideas and possibly request someone to draw it for you.

I've created many OCs. I create mine using all three of those methods. I get a basic idea using the creator, recreate it on paper using my own mane, tail, and accessories just for originality; then request a drawing from specific people who can create it in the proper show style/vector it as I'm still learning how to digitally draw.

As for the other things like cutie mark, backstory, and such; You just have to ask yourself this: Where, When, Why, and How? If you can answer those questions for your cutie mark then your golden! The rest is just devoting yourself to some proper thinking time.

Edited by Felix