Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Questions about Skyros

WickedGames

1.Is it probably abandoned given that it is implied Sunny is the “lone alicorn”? 

2.Is it only full of natural born alicorns like Luna and Celestia but not ascended alicorns like Twilight Sparkle?

1 hour ago, WickedGames said:

1.Is it probably abandoned given that it is implied Sunny is the “lone alicorn”? 

2.Is it only full of natural born alicorns like Luna and Celestia but not ascended alicorns like Twilight Sparkle?

1-Sunny “Lone Alicorn”? There’s nothing outright implying that. Lone Alicorn is in context that she’s the only one known, considering they haven’t made any contact with Skyros 

2-If you mean natural-born alicorns are the main inhabitants: yes. There’s nothing implying ascended alicorns or any other breed or species aren’t welcome

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

1-Sunny “Lone Alicorn”? There’s nothing outright implying that. Lone Alicorn is in context that she’s the only one known, considering they haven’t made any contact with Skyros 

2-If you mean natural-born alicorns are the main inhabitants: yes. There’s nothing implying ascended alicorns or any other breed or species aren’t welcome

Yeah and who knows if the Skyros alicorns are actually aware of anything in Equestria?

What genuinely scares me about Skyros is that for me I remember reading and  seeing a very different stories of Celestia and Luna 's origins.  The book journal of the two sisters said their origins were unknown and the show heavily implied that they like Twilight were not natural alicorns but earned it when they raised the sun and moon (at the same time as their cutie marks).

Lastly, I recall something about them both having never seen an alicorn born before when they discussed Flurry Heart being a baby alicorn.

I am rather curious if those have changed since I last saw them. I do know that the journal of the two sisters now says they came from alicorn land.

So, yeah for me I'm a little creeped out because I see Skyros as a Mandela effect personally. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, shadowmoon Dancer said:

What genuinely scares me about Skyros is that for me I remember reading and  seeing a very different stories of Celestia and Luna 's origins.  The book journal of the two sisters said their origins were unknown and the show heavily implied that they like Twilight were not natural alicorns but earned it when they raised the sun and moon (at the same time as their cutie marks).

Lastly, I recall something about them both having never seen an alicorn born before when they discussed Flurry Heart being a baby alicorn.

I am rather curious if those have changed since I last saw them. I do know that the journal of the two sisters now says they came from alicorn land.

So, yeah for me I'm a little creeped out because I see Skyros as a Mandela effect personally. 

Well I mean Flurry Heart was the first born alicorn at least in Equestria

On 2024-03-17 at 10:39 AM, shadowmoon Dancer said:

What makes you say that?

On 2024-03-17 at 10:39 AM, shadowmoon Dancer said:

There probably aren't many born. If Luna was the last and Celestia was too young to remember it that makes sense. Flurryheart was probably also the first alicorn born to nonalicorn parents.(Cadance wasn't born an alicorn.)

But yeah, the whole thing is confusing and the writers don't have the whole thing thought out and probably never will. :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Skyros is abandoned, but... I'm pretty sure we will not see any of the G4 alicorns in there . 

For your second question... I admit I have a head-canon, but it's what it makes most sense:

1. Natural born alicorns come from Skyros, Like Celestia and Luna.

2. Ascended alicorns, like Twilight and Cadence had to be transported to Skyros, in order to transform them into alicorns. So perhaps the "Astral Plane" is in Skyros.

3. Flurry Heart was the first born Alicorn in Equestria, since she was the daughter of Cadence, but until that point. No alicorns had children with other equestrian citizens and they didn't know if the alicorn gene could be carried by an ascended Alicorn.  All of the other Natural born alicorns are from Skyros.