Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Puke Question

Widdershins

Yes. Sometimes I'm rather happy to be me.

See, was watching the Game Grumps which is basically just two friends shootin' the... breeze while they talk over video games and a wise question did arise. One I can see as totally an entirely legitimate and necessary question to pose of anybeing really. One that's totally not offensive in the least. So, here's the situation I pose to you, reiterated from Arin Hanson himself.

How many times would you let your best friend barf all over you if it was happening reliably at the same time every day?

Now, for the sake of covering bases, if you don't have any real life friends as I do; simply just assume. 

Me, I'd go for the same answer Danny gave: Seven Times.

Up until the fifth time, at the same moment of the day, I'd still be just worried about if they're doing okay. Like, really? Three O'clock every single day in the same way? That's got to mean something spectacularly bad going on with you, and if there's anything I can do to help...

But I'd be losing my patience at the seventh time. At that point, that's got to somehow be some pretty awesome stomach training, or at least, I've given you enough shots to aim somewheres else.

Dude. Stop. Howareyoueven?

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I would never let ANYONE puke on me. What kind of person would do that to a friend?

Ah yes, but we can't know WHY they're doing it for! It could be completely involuntary! And somehow perfectly timed! They're certainly not telling us through all the constant stream of vomit!

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Ah yes, but we can't know WHY they're doing it for! It could be completely involuntary! And somehow perfectly timed! They're certainly not telling us through all the constant stream of vomit!

I don't care how sick I am. I would rather die than do that to someone. Why would any person if they felt like they were suddenly going to be sick, make the extra effort to actually do it all over another human being, let alone their friend? Any person who would do that is not someone I would ever have as a friend. I'm not joking. It's probably the most foul and disgusting thing one person could do to another. I would be more willing to forgive if a friend pulled a gun shot me.

In closing, I am not joking or kidding around. If someone threw up on me, I'd probably never want to ever see them again.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

0 times. The main line you use is this with me bolding and underlining the important part and coloring the most important word.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:38 PM, Widdershins said:

How many times would you let your best friend barf all over you if it was happening reliably at the same time every day?

The way it is worded could really only be done intentionally (even if they had a medical condition or some such), and as such I would not let them ever just barf on me for the sake of doing it. Even if you cannot control it, you know it is happening, you know it is coming... cover your mouth, head to the bathroom/sink, turn your head... something... not just vomit on your friend just sitting there, much less doing it daily. Even if it was extremely unexpected and out of the blue, you should have a warning so as to know what is happening the second time and onwards.

If a situation happened where they threw up on me accidentally, that is another story entirely, and as such is usually not repeatable in the ordinary going of things.

• Brohoof 1

If it's a game where two people would spits foods at each other while talking, I'm in. But puke itself, no. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Personally, I quantify anything launched from the mouth as puke. Mouth full of the milk they were drinking? Counts in my book.

The brilliant catch there though is the frequency! Two times is hardly a pattern, YAIS? Like, you can sit there and think how odd this is without being aware that it happened the previous day and maybe only well after the advent could you sit there and notice it was the same time or struck you as somehow planned. Because that's where your Limit of Disbelief kicks in! 

Chances are, if you're friends, you probably sit next to each other at around the same points of your days. And as far as I know about puking, you hit everything around you when you do so you're, like, a Puke Bomb goin' off. And if you gonna be hangin' out wit' somebody they probably gonna hit you wit' the Puke Ray at some point, realistically.

Once is just a darn shame, incontrollable really and you gotta forgive for a thing like that, right?

Twice, that's just bad luck, really. Not like they can help it or anything!

Three times has gotta be stretching it, but really they couldn't possibly....

• Brohoof 1

On 11/13/2017 at 4:38 AM, Widdershins said:

Twice at most. First time would be a surprise and I would think that it was a one-off event and would not expect it the second day. But the day after that, I would make sure to stay far enough away.

Hell, I'd probably be very cautious the second day as well and may be able to jump out of the "line of fire".

The question does not say that something bad would happen to the friend if I remained clean, so why would I stay in place, knowing that I would get puke on my clothes?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Oh god disgusting! But so "Game Grumps" conversation :ButtercupLaugh: Those guys!

Accidentally puking on me, I guess is fine, if it is accidental, and once.

• 3 years later...

That’s such an Arin Hanson question. Does not surprise me.

That being said Danny is nuts with the 7 answer. 

After 3 times it’s a problem. If it happens twice I’d be grossed out but a bit understanding because things happen and it’s not on purpose. At three I’d start to get irritated and question things. Anything after that I’d get pissed.