Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Looking for a Courage is Magic group

supersonicfan91

Can someone try to email me the rulebook or something? And as far as thebgroup thing I guess hangouts aint working. Lemme check tho i didnt get a notification.

Well I finally figured out google+ on my phone. However I did not get a measage, sorry man.

I have sent an email to @ with the attachment of the 1.17 rules. 

Those who are unsure of how to create a character, give me an archtype they want and I can guide them through the creation process.

About what time though. And as far as character settings, I have not played d and d 4.0 which the system is if i an correct so if the stat settings have changed from 3.5 that is something I will need help with. I am just wondering if I should go magic or chaos, any suggestions?

About what time though. And as far as character settings, I have not played d and d 4.0 which the system is if i an correct so if the stat settings have changed from 3.5 that is something I will need help with. I am just wondering if I should go magic or chaos, any suggestions?

it depends on what you what to play as mostly

I would usually play a rigue to work towards a pirate, but that was 3.5. So, im leaning towards chaos on this one. Then again, the griffon one was good. Ah damn. I am gonna have to look at my past games to decide lol.

Alright, here is my WIP character sheet. Please tell me what you think and if I should change anything I have so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FU-fOauk65WbXkTSxuj6DhRcqKcZMGsIZvDPnH1_86A/edit?usp=sharing

And a question to the DM: Can I give him a bonus to his Bluff (which I assume has something to do with lying), Thievery, Streetwise, and Stealth stats due to his upbringing on the streets and having to steal and lie to get by?

Alright, here is my WIP character sheet. Please tell me what you think and if I should change anything I have so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FU-fOauk65WbXkTSxuj6DhRcqKcZMGsIZvDPnH1_86A/edit?usp=sharing

And a question to the DM: Can I give him a bonus to his Bluff (which I assume has something to do with lying), Thievery, Streetwise, and Stealth stats due to his upbringing on the streets and having to steal and lie to get by?

you got some details wrong on here so this should help use player sheet 2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J3RNpPiilFoMuIyd5KZOajORIvVWj1F2GrXdpMVSMrM/edit?usp=sharing

(edited)

can anyone tell me what a merit is?

chapter 4 in the rule book basic add-on abilities and/or stat boosters

also you can use player sheet 3 in the Google doc 

Edited by supersonicfan91

I will set this up after I download the stupid app I need to make a excel sheet. I am actually going gonna play a foal.vi just wonderm can you be a crystal foal, just not get the benifts of being crystal until growing up?

@

Well that's really up to the DM. He said I could be a Zebra Foal if I wanted to, but I decided not to. 

But my question is, could Crystal Ponies be foals? According to the lure in the rule book they're ageless

Ok I have two things special things for my character I'd like to get the DM's approval on. 

First is an ability called Street Rat. It'll cause my character to passively attempt to steal a small item from vendors/stores with a reduced rate of success and no chance of being caught.

The second thing is called Foalhood Memories. It's a cloth blanket he fashioned into a hood that can be used to somewhat hide his identity 

Alright, I made a character sheet for Taric:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/taric-r6958

Ok, to put a little bit more oomph into each of the character classes, I am thinking of giving each of them an ability that would be used out of combat. This ability will (supposedly) help with the roleplaying of that class and overall make it more enjoyable.

Honesty

An honest pony will always be willing to help friends, ready to take on their burdens and give then good and honest advice. In time, their friends will also become honest and steadfast ponies.

(When spending at least six hours resting, a Spirit of Honesty can choose a friend to comfort. That friend will gain an AC bonus equal to half the level of the honest pony rounded up.)

Kindness

A kindness pony will always watch over friends while they rest, making sure that their rest is the best they have, so that they awake in peak condition.

(When spending at least six hours resting, A Spirit of Kindness can choose a number of friends equal to half their level rounded up, who are also resting. Those friends gain +1 Max hp per level of kindness for the next 24 hours.)

Laughter

A mirthful pony will always try to make the best out of any situation, Whether in the rain or in the dark, they never loose their spark, and can sometimes help their friends see it too. 

(When spending at least six hours resting, a Spirit of Laughter can start a party. All friends in attendance gain a bonus to all saving throws made in the next 24 hours equal to half the party planner's level rounded up.)

Generosity

A generous pony will always find time for friends, and will usually have divine and sublime gifts for everyone.

(When spending at least six hours resting, a Spirit of Generosity can create or upgrade an item for a friend. The resources required will be determined by the DM. An effect provided by the item created or upgraded will be one point higher than the base item per level of the artist.)

Loyalty

A loyal pony would never think about leaving their friends behind, not for any amount of wealth or glory. For they know that the truest treasure is already stored within their heart and the hearts of their friends.

(When spending at least six hours resting, a spirit of Loyalty can choose a friend to attempt to get to know better. this will require a skill check, using Friendship plus their level as the skill. Should this succeed, the Support Bond between the two friends will increase by a level.)

Magic

With research and practice, a pony schooled in magic can invent new spells, thereby expanding their arsenal.

(A Spirit of Magic can create one spell per level. The time and resources required to create the spell will be determined by the DM.)

Adventure

By gleaming stories from the companions they travel with, an adventurous pony can learn easily learn lessons others learned the hard way.

(When spending at least six hours resting, a Spirit of Adventure can choose a friend to pester. The Adventurer gains a percentage of the targets total experience equal to their level. This can only be used once per friend.)

Alchemy

After viewing their toxins and remedies in action, an alchemist will learn what can and should be done to increase their potency.

(When spending at least six hours resting, a Spirit of Alchemy can choose one of their abilities they have used at least three times, and increase an effect of that ability by D4. This can be used used multiple times on the same ability, but that ability must have been used three more times and the new bonus will replace the old.) 

Contest

A challenging pony is always on the lookout for ways to prove they are the best. Whether this be a test of wills, a debate with a friend, or a show of strength they know no one else can match.

(A Spirit of Contest, can, once per six hour rest, attempt a grand feat that will prove they are the best. This will require a skill check of an appropriate skill chosen by the DM at a DC chosen by the DM. The contestant adds a bonus equal to their level to this test. Should this test be successful, The Contestant gains an increase to critical range equal to the number of friends watching.)

Illusion

An illusionist can create seemingly real displays that can wow a crowd, scare away enemies, or lull troubled friends to sleep.

(A Spirit of Illusion May maintain at anytime, a number of illusions equal to their level to provide for their needs. These are in no way real and cannot touch or harm physical objects.)

Chaos

A chaotic entity will often find they don't want to obey the lays of physics, and on a few occasions, they don't have to.

(A Spirit of Chaos may choose to disregard or change anything once per day per level. This will require a skill check, using Friendship plus half their level rounded down as the skill. This cannot be used to modify this ability. All effects wear off after D20 hours.)

Music

A musician always enjoys a chance to test out new beats and ballads, and enjoys even more the reactions of their friends listening to the newest tracks.

(When spending at least six hours resting, a Spirit of Music can play a song for their friends, inspiring them to do great things. For the next 24 hours, all friends in attendance, gain an increase to critical range equal to half the musician's level rounded up, and a bonus to speed equal to half the musician's level rounded down.