Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My mental problem

Posava_

For some reason, whenever I am watching an episode of MLP, I immediately mute any song that pops up, and unmute when it looks finished. The exact reason is that there are certain songs out there that can get stuck in people's heads. It's varies a lot from pony to pony, but any which way it's :angry: ing annoying for just about everypony. I mute every song that comes up on the show just in case it's one of those songs. I can't risk starting to hate the show with a passion. Hell, I don't even know the tune to the theme song! Or the words!

Is there anypony else that has this mental problem, or know how to fix it? I want to be able to listen to anything without anything making me so annoyed that my brain forces me to hate the source.

The thing is the show is so good you WANT the songs stuck in your head!

Actually, when I am at school working on a test, I need to concentrate as hard as I possibly can because even at my fastest and most accurate, I finish in the nick of time...when a song is stuck in my head, it may be good, it may be bad, but either way it slows me down immensely.

Being good or bad is irrelevant. :/

Actually, when I am at school working on a test, I need to concentrate as hard as I possibly can because even at my fastest and most accurate, I finish in the nick of time...when a song is stuck in my head, it may be good, it may be bad, but either way it slows me down immensely.

Oh I see, I can't really help much except saying don't think about ponies at school! Because trust me, the songs are amazing, I feel bad that you're missing out on them.

That seems a little strange, a song from a T.V. show shouldn't keep you from doing school work... I dunno what to say about that

Oh I see, I can't really help much except saying don't think about ponies at school! Because trust me, the songs are amazing, I feel bad that you're missing out on them.

How can I not think about it? It's impossible. Our brains on average have about 90 thousand thoughts each day. My school day is usually about 9 hours long, 6 hours on Wednesdays because I don't have football practice. I am on average awake 17 hours of he day. So that's still a good 48 thousand (32 thousand, Wednesdays) thoughts in school alone. (Actually, less than that because you can still think while you sleep, but not by much.) I'd say there's a good chance one of those thoughts is ponies.

MLP: FiM has amazing music that NEEDS to be heard. Seriously it's just as good as if not better than that of the music in Disney animated movies. You are missing out on a big part of the show if you just mute it out... :(

• Brohoof 1

How can I not think about it? It's impossible. Our brains on average have about 90 thousand thoughts each day. My school day is usually about 9 hours long, 6 hours on Wednesdays because I don't have football practice. I am on average awake 17 hours of he day. So that's still a good 48 thousand (32 thousand, Wednesdays) thoughts in school alone. (Actually, less than that because you can still think while you sleep, but not by much.) I'd say there's a good chance one of those thoughts is ponies.

mind = blown

But seriously, there's been days where I haven't thought about ponies till I got home, and even if I do, I forget about them quickly.

That seems a little strange, a song from a T.V. show shouldn't keep you from doing school work... I dunno what to say about that

It isn't just from MLP, in fact as of yet none of it is MLP, but there are other songs that do this, they can come from anywhere.

It isn't just from MLP, in fact as of yet none of it is MLP, but there are other songs that do this, they can come from anywhere.

Sounds like A.D.D. If a song is keeping you from doing mundane tasks, then you definitely have it :3

MLP: FiM has amazing music that NEEDS to be heard. Seriously it's just as good as if not better than that of the music in Disney animated movies. You are missing out on a big part of the show if you just mute it out... :(

How does Disney have anything to do with this? Besides the fact, I feel absolutely neutral with any of the songs they ma-

Good point. Never muting it again.

Thanks for help B)

Sounds like A.D.D. If a song is keeping you from doing mundane tasks, then you definitely have it :3

Actually, I have ADD, ADHD, and ASD, so yea. :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

How does Disney have anything to do with this? Besides the fact, I feel absolutely neutral with any of the songs they ma- Good point. Never muting it again. Thanks for help B) Actually, I have ADD, ADHD, and ASD, so yea. :lol:

Um, okay then... Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

I'm not sure how to respond to your question. Its true the songs in this show are very catchy, so you're missing out by listening to them, but if don't want to get them stuck, I don't know what to tell you. Anyway, welcome to the forums and even though you probably won't listen to it, here is the official welcoming song!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by Guest