Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Answering Poll Questions

PonyFunk
Go to solution Solved by Zygen,

Do I really have to answer every question to contribute to a "non-multiple choice" poll? If I'm creating a poll, how can I manage it so I don't have to answer every question?

I don't think you can make it so you don't have to answer a question. The best you can do I think is make a poll option for something like "I don't want to answer" or whatever works for you.

That's the only method I'm aware of though.

• Brohoof 3

Unless there is a setting I'm unaware of, if the topic creator set a single choice poll with multiple questions then they would all need to be answered.

A lot of the onus is laid on the topic creator to set up questions in a user friendly manner (use of "other", N/A, etc) so that each question can be answered.

• Brohoof 1

It can be annoying sometimes. But i'm pretty certain you have to answer every question.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense if 500 people have voted on question one, but on question two only 450 people voted would it. So yeah, unless the staff decide to change that, then it's every question.

I just tried a test poll in the Testing forum, and you do infact have to answer every question on the poll.There's no way around it, by the looks of it.

It's annoying sometimes when I want to answer a multiple  question poll, but I only have a truthful answer for most of the questions.

Now that I think about it...there is, sort of a way around it...but it would be up to the poll creators discretion. And that would be to add in a "Throw away" answer to each question. Which wouldn't impact the poll. but for people that don't have an honest answer, they can use that option. Then just not count those "throw away" answers towards the statistics.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.