does the brony fandom have more short haired females then the general population

SolidTwilight

So I was at Bronycon over the weekend (had a blast by the way) and I noted that there were more then a few women there with short hair, some even with very short hair. so tell me, how long is your hair? also has anyone else noted a higher number of short haired girls in the fandom then in every day life?

as for me, I am guy but I think that short hair on girls look good and I think its great when I see a girl that has a hair cut that she wanted and not one that she feel like she has to have.

Edited by SolidTwilight

When I was a teenager and going through my 'angry' phase, I did cut my hair to a guy's length. I thought it looked hip and the norm...I look back on my school pics though and I feel it made me look...well, less feminine on me.

Not saying short hair for girls isn't feminie. I see plenty of girls that can strut with it and they look great with short hair! I wish I was one of those but sadly I feel like my body shape and face just benefits better from long hair.

Mine is defiently below the shoulder and will continue to grow till next year's summer. That's when I cut off about 6inchs worth till its touching my shoulders. This way its easier to maintain, and I can put it up with less fuss. In TX summer heat, its essential to have hair you can mantain easy and not sweat under as badly.

But in the winter its nice to just have long hair and let it down for me. I find I feel more elegant with it.

Sucks I couldn't go to that bronycon... I am going to a Bronyfair though in Austin next month!

When people see pictures of me, they usually think my hair looks a bit longer than it really is. :P It goes for a couple inches past my shoulders. Personally, I prefer having long hair (even if it gets in the way at times), but it doesn't bother me if other girls have short hair - I think it looks really good on certain girls.

And no, I haven't noticed a higher number of short haired girls in the fandom, but then again I don't really pay attention to such things.

I'm not really one for hair length as much as I am a sucker for hair color, most notably brunettes. I like all different types of hair styles for girls, with my personal favorites being medium and long. I don't mind short either. 

When I was in 6th grade, I had the equivalent of short hair for girls, and to be honest, I never want to have that style again. 

As a guy. I do think the short hair style looks pretty cute on girls :3. Not that long hair doesn't. I like all hair types.  But mostly brunettes  B)

• Brohoof 1

My hair goes down to about the middle of my back, but not at the waist. I always like to have long hair because short hair just wouldn't look good on me. I only cut it to get rid of any split ends or anything, never too much at once. 

My friend's a brunette (I'm a redhead) and she keeps her hair above the shoulders but below the jawline, pretty short. Short hair looks good on her.

When I was little, I had my hair shaved in the and a pixie cut.

It was very short.

Then I had it neck length from maybe 3rd to 4th grade.

Now, I just keep my hair a bit longer than shoulder length. :3

I had mine super short like, REALLLLLY short.  Not an army cut though.  It's grown down to just barely touching my shoulders now.  It looks better on me long, but it's just easier to deal with when it's short.  Less tangles, not so hot in the summer, you know?

As of right now my hair is shoulder length, if anything just a smidge past my shoulders. It's probably the best length I've ever had, works well with my face and all that jazz. Plus it's easier to take care of than longer hair.

Although, the majority of my life my hair was pretty long. Not like super long, but just past my boobs. Except my hair is naturally thick, so it doesn't really look all that good on me, hence why I hacked it off.

I'm a female and I have really long hair like almost past my butt. I don't really want to cut it anytime soon since I think it looks sorta good on me.

When I was little my hair was really short.

My hair is VERY long you could call me Rapunzel XD

back when I was young my hair was fairly long but not as long

and short haired girls look pretty good depends who has it though... 

I'm a female and I have really long hair like almost past my butt. I don't really want to cut it anytime soon since I think it looks sorta good on me.

When I was little my hair was really short.

Yeah we are about the same in length and I agree it feels somewhat bad if I cut my hair for example I have been growing it for a long time now.... 

• Brohoof 1

I like all lengths of hair except when its SUPER long.

I have hair that goes down to the bottom of my shoulderblade. Only difference is that im a guy :P

Go ahead and guess what kind of music I like  ;)

Any other long haired guys out there?

Edited by Yozer247

I like all lengths of hair except when its SUPER long.

I have hair that goes down to the bottom of my shoulderblade. Only difference is that im a guy :P

Go ahead and guess what kind of music I like ;)

Any other long haired guys out there?

please don't hijack my thread. you should make a new one. you can use my thread and poll as a template if you like.

My hair is pretty short right now (although not army cut. No way. Ew.). I prefer the way it looks at a medium-long length, though. Right now I just prefer to not have to have it such high-maintenance. To be honest, I feel miserable enough during the summer heat as it is with my hair the length it currently is. I'll grow it back out for the cooler months... Maybe...

My hair is sorta medium length now, just falling an inch or two below my shoulders. But right around when college ended for the summer I had it well above my shoulders and buzzed short in the back.

I loved it so short, though I don't think anyone else liked the look on me. :/ Might cut it again soon, but I do miss being able to use a ponytail.

please don't hijack my thread. you should make a new one. you can use my thread and poll as a template if you like.

Sorry, but he has every right to post here. MLP Forums aims to maintain an inclusive environment.

This thread is now open to all genders.

My hair's pretty long; it goes a few inches past my shoulders, I think. I've never been good with measurements, but it's definitely to my shoulders, at least.

Edited by Callisto