Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP CCG

Cheesy G Nacho

I thought about it, but I have been in the card game selling business for years now. I have seen dozens of failures and some often times hilarious. Like Gen Du, Battle Spirits, Duel Masters and the re-release of of duel masters as ...whatever it is called. 

Wyvern is an old one but failed in under 2 years. Recently sold a card on ebay from that set that is SO RARE that my eBay picture is the only picture of it that exists on the entire internet. It went for 200. 

Basic rule of thumb, if its not Yugioh and pokemon and magic. Its gonna fail.

I for one really like MLP, but a card game for me to get into it needs to last and have staying power. MLP just won't cut it I am afraid. 

• Brohoof 1

Huh... Good point I guess.  The only card games I've ever played before was yu gi oh and magic, just magic out of those two now, and that card game is THRIVING!!!  I feel like people are really pushing for it to be a thing though.  Some of these cards are more expensive than any magic card I've ever owned lol.  I hope it becomes a thing, this game is really fun, but it's still young.  FINGERS CROSSED!!! :D

I'm totally obsessed with the CCG game, but I'm not really looking for any cards at present. I want to buy the DJ/Maud Pie set that just came out. I got one early at Bronycon but need another for additional copies of some of the cards. I'm disappointed too because everybody plays Magic around here but not pony. :( Even though the game is selling so well, why do stores and other game players ignore it?

I'm totally obsessed with the CCG game, but I'm not really looking for any cards at present. I want to buy the DJ/Maud Pie set that just came out. I got one early at Bronycon but need another for additional copies of some of the cards. I'm disappointed too because everybody plays Magic around here but not pony. :( Even though the game is selling so well, why do stores and other game players ignore it?

It's the same at my local card shop.  I still play magic, but this CCG is just something else lol.  It's really enjoyable, and I wish stores would get in on selling singles of cards.  Some o these cards are more expensive than all of the cards that are in the standard format!  I only need two cards in order to finish my competitive level deck... of course it has to be the most broken, most expensive card in the game :( All the online stores keep running out of these cards too! I think it's a pretty worthy investment.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing for a few months with a buddy of mine, and its a pretty good time. I have the same problem though: besides my friend, there is literally no one else who plays this game as far as I know.  :(

I'm happy to have found this page though. What kind of decks do you play? I run a Purple/Orange control deck and a Blue/White deck.

I haven't played it yet. I have the Rarity and Rainbow Dash deck as well as the Twilight and Applejack deck. I did get some boosters as well while at Hot Topic. Got a foil card out of them too. Hopefully someone can show me the ropes at Nightmare Nights.

• 2 weeks later...

I have all the themed starter decks up to the Luna/Celestia packs and few booster packs.  I'm not going for a competition deck, just enough to enjoy a  friendly game.  I spend most of my money on PC parts and games so paying for individual rare cards is not gonna happen for me.

I was playing with the only Brony I new in my area, and he just moved 5 states away.  So I've been looking for a place to play as well.   The 2 local card shops do Magic and nothing else. 

I'm pretty much the only brony around this town that buys MLP:CCG cards. I currently have the Rarity/Celestia pack and I reeeeeeally want the DJ/Maud Pie set. It looks so cool. I have nooo idea how many booster packs I bought in the past few weeks. Probably hard to count. 

It's hard to actually find someone to play around here, so I remain as a collector. :)