Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP Forums Dying?

EpicEnergy

The fandom itself is not as active as it used to be (honestly I can't even imagine another such phenomenal giant fandom). Also there are other active sites like forums (not everybody speak English:toldya:). So I'd say mlp transformed from worldwide phenomenon to usual fandom, but not died 

• Brohoof 1

*looking at everyone replying* this place is so alive! All these wonderful people have been here for done time and they will most likely be here until G6 arrives, so a long time!

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

*looking at everyone replying* this place is so alive! All these wonderful people have been here for done time and they will most likely be here until G6 arrives, so a long time!

(I think you might be right, @Splashee® ! There's no stopping this fandom.)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Happy Heart said:

(I think you might be right, @Splashee® ! There's no stopping this fandom.)

There has been fandoms out there that didn't have any new content for a decade, and still managed to survive. What they did was force the company to bring them what they wanted, by starting fan projects that completely blew everyone's minds. If people want G4 to survive, all the designs and story are available to us :kirin: and if we need a spin off, there is always the Kirins!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Splashee® said:

There has been fandoms out there that didn't have any new content for a decade, and still managed to survive. What they did was force the company to bring them what they wanted, by starting fan projects that completely blew everyone's minds. If people want G4 to survive, all the designs and story are available to us :kirin: and if we need a spin off, there is always the Kirins!

(I am in the middle of writing the storyline for a project of mine called Final Fantasy Friendship. Of course, it's a melding of both MLP and FF universes. Not any specific title, though. It's a project I've been working on ever since the MLP Movie.)

• Brohoof 1

It’s not as lively as it used to be and never will be again, because that’s the story with most forums really in the age of discord and stuff. 

I think you’re over worrying which I understand because I’m the same way.  It being a weekend I imagine makes it worse cause there’s one thing I’ve noticed about this place since I’ve joined in April, and that being it’s dead as a door nail on weekends.   

But so far I don’t have any reason to think it’ll just  die and go away.  There’s plenty dedicated members here who will be here for a long time I imagine.  I know I’m one of them.  

And we got G5 to look forward to.  It’ll bring a new crop of members as well as long as it doesn’t just completely suck, and I don’t think it will. 

• Brohoof 2

It is not a question, that 'bronyism' is fading as the original members of the fandom age and lose interest. The original surge is almost a decade ago.

image.png.d93320db2767fe12f7644e760129684f.png

image.png.16beb1e5f00a010d736a8fab18899330.png

MLPForums.com ? My guess is yes; directly proportional to the general level of interest.

I think it's telling when more than half of the thread titles on the General Discussion pages look like they're combs for marketing research, and that the Debate Symposium is slowly turning into a wing of the bar just for american right-wingers and atheists.

I think we're still going strong since we have character's day and fun events to get people to interact. Plus a lot members are still replying here old and new.

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, Blue said:

It is not a question, that 'bronyism' is fading as the original members of the fandom age and lose interest. The original surge is almost a decade ago.

image.png.d93320db2767fe12f7644e760129684f.png

image.png.16beb1e5f00a010d736a8fab18899330.png

MLPForums.com ? My guess is yes; directly proportional to the general level of interest.

I think it's telling when more than half of the thread titles on the General Discussion pages look like they're combs for marketing research, and that the Debate Symposium is slowly turning into a wing of the bar just for american right-wingers and atheists.

Only United States search? I guess Bronies are just from the US huh :confused:

If it is true that this place is dying because people don't search for Brony, then try widening your search to Twilight Sparkle, and world wide. If it is a decline, then we are truly doomed!

I used to be really active on here and was probably one of the most popular users on this site once upon a time. But, over the past couple months my interest in this place has kind of fizzled out after a turn of recent interesting events and, I don't know I guess my interests have led elsewhere. I'm more active on discord now then I ever was, I have all my friends on there as well as my server which is where I spend the majority of my online time. I'm trying to get back into MLP as well because as of late I haven't been paying much attention to pony at all. I'm still heavily involved in the art scene of the fandom but not really anywhere else. Life has just been busy. As for the forums, I can tell this place is definitely not as lively as it used to be. Is it really dying though? I highly doubt that.

• Brohoof 3

A more accurate term would be consolidating. The casuals left. Those in it purely for the show have moved on. Those active in the creative side are busy, so they aren't on here that often anyways. And then there are those who are still fans but prefer Discord as a platform.  So that leaves just us. Those who prefer to use forums and consider ourselves less of a fandom and more of a community. We have a surprising amount of folks who are with MLPForums for the long haul. That matters a lot more than activity and analytics.  

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hope not! :(

This is the only forum I've found where I can express my love for all of my interests without worrying about being made fun of. :blush:

(You shouldn't worry about these forums going away for a good, long while. And in glad you shared you feelings with us so we can work to comfort you. Friendship is the only real magic I believe in, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to believe so. We'll all be here to comfort you. Always)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Sep 2020 -> Feb 2022, so 17 month and we are still here :D

Im sure the activity was more as today, but it's not going out so easily and we have had a couple of new guys and some old which came back since I joined

I think we are here to stay :D

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Astral Soul said:

Sep 2020 -> Feb 2022, so 17 month and we are still here :D

Im sure the activity was more as today, but it's not going out so easily and we have had a couple of new guys and some old which came back since I joined

I think we are here to stay :D

Woot! I'm glad since I'd feel pretty lonely if this forum started dying and besides, it seems pretty active to me for the most part. :P 

• Brohoof 2