Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP Forums Dying?

EpicEnergy

19 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

It’s definitely had its slow days but I personally prefer the slower pace. Having too many things on the site at once can be chaotic at times.

I can relate with you on the slower pace. In a way, it makes the forums more calm and less chaotic compared to other forum sites. Though I'm not aware of any other large forum sites based on MLP. If I remember correctly, how I found this forum site was through the Google search engine hehe. :P 

• Brohoof 5

9 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Oh yes lately I think the forum is in fact doing so there are like maybe ten people who keep it active so strange given just how many visitors we have. People who don't have an account that is well in the hundreds. 

There are more people active if you check the entire forum and not just the one you follow:
https://mlpforums.com/discover/

Also, weekends are always slower for some unknown reason. It used to be the same back in 2019 while Season 9 was still active. There are definitely more than 10 people active. There are even some I don't know that have been here since dawn of time :umad:

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Splashee said:

There are more people active if you check the entire forum and not just the one you follow:
https://mlpforums.com/discover/

Also, weekends are always slower for some unknown reason. It used to be the same back in 2019 while Season 9 was still active. There are definitely more than 10 people active. There are even some I don't know that have been here since dawn of time :umad:

Perhaps, typically when there weren't new episodes people posted less but overall I still think it is interesting as there are many visitors that don't make an account although ten is a random number I do often think though there are less people participating. 

• 1 year later...

if anything, the forum is shipshape. Because the only way something could be right and well, is if it was shaped like a ship.

actual answer - same as Treeglow, I've seen forums die (inc pony ones) and *prods this forum* yup, it is still shipshape. breathing like a ship, heart beating like a ship. all ship

• Brohoof 1

We're very active even during the MLP "downtime" so, I don't think MLP Forums will go away for a long time.

On 2023-09-29 at 4:31 AM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I've seen forums die.

Because Kirin don't communicate on forums, right? :P

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

On 2023-10-03 at 7:17 AM, Astralshy said:

We are still here and there is a lot of activity here. Maybe it was once more, but these forums are definitely not dying soon

While now nearly as active as it was about S5 when I’ve joined, it has been much more active by the first year of G5 than what it was when FIM ended :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I hope not, I just joined and have 12 years to make up for. B) It's also the only place for me to talk ponies, so I'll stick my foot in the door for as long as theres a gap to not let it close. Even if I have to screen into an empty room, at least my echoes will agree with me on everything :blink:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As the author of this topic, I think the forums isn't dying after all. :yay:

On 2023-09-29 at 7:31 AM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I've seen forums die.

This one is far from dying. :catface:

Have you seen EQD Forums before it shutdown? I joined it awhile before it went offline permanently. It was a ghost town on that forums when I joined. The EQD site itself is still alive though, so I'm happy about that.

• Brohoof 3

Mmmm the forums is still somewhat active as I recall from when I came back a little while ago. However, some of the people I used to know are not here anymore while the other regulars are still out and about.

There are periods where it seems dead as a lot of people that I met here are fellow adults who most likely have jobs, families, school, other hobbies, etc. So on one hand, it's totally understandable that some people can't sit down for too long on the forums with other things going on IRL. 

However since I look at the business side of things due to school- my only concern is that if G5 had  several hundred million to a billion social interactions across all social media platforms just a year ago, why wasn't there that much of an uptick in people joining here?

Here are just some other thoughts:

- The forums seems more G4 centric than the current generation. This could make some new fans coming in feel not included/out of the loop as a majority of things on the forums are more G4 than anything. It's understandably so with how popular it was in comparison to the other generations. The forums have recently done more events that are G5 centric, but I recall there weren't that many before when I joined last year. I love G4 as it's what got me into the series a few years back, but it would be nice if G5 was embraced more and that it got some more attention at the forefront. With the news that licensing and TYT possibly being finished up in early 2025, G5 could almost be over in a year and not much has been done here. Maybe there could be more events, banners, backgrounds, rps, etc. (I love the current banner though).

-No accompanying app. It would be great to have an app for the forums similar to what Reddit has, but I understand that is a complex situation with a lot of overhead and can understand why the owner(s) of the site would not maybe want that. Maybe even copyright issues as well, idk? With an app on the apple store/google play store, I would imagine thousands of people joining here.

-A lot of inactive accounts. One thing I noticed is that accounts shown here for birthdays and such show inactive accounts from a few years ago to over a decade ago. Honestly there were some days recently where it showed a wall of people who haven't logged in for years and people telling them happy birthday. That could come across several different ways to new people. There should be a new way to program or set it up so that it captures more recent/active accounts. One idea that I think should be included is that older threads should be retired and maybe use AI to generate new topics that are used for 6 months to a year then retired completely.

I had a few more thoughts, but I need to get studying for school XD

• Brohoof 3