Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Idea for a pony oc with autism

Astral Blitzen

His name is thorn. He likes to speak only in Old English and his cutie mark is the letter "thorn". Any ideas/suggestions for him?

that.png

I still have to create his colour scheme

bump. Is anyone going to give me suggestions.

I am waiting for someone to give me some ideas.

Edited by Astral Blitzen
  • Brohoof 1

I'm terrible with oc's I would look at other photo's until something looks good then adapt and change it for your Oc or make a request with the details and if it's not what your looking make another request with a different artist detailing what you don't like. It's really just trial and error. 

Well if anything, it would help to create your own mane style.   Just having pointed quaffs of hair seems mundane.  So it helps to find the right niche.  Basically if you put your character in a silhouette and you can identify yours among others, you're doing something right.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Well if anything, it would help to create your own mane style.   Just having pointed quaffs of hair seems mundane.  So it helps to find the right niche.  Basically if you put your character in a silhouette and you can identify yours among others, you're doing something right.  :)

Exactly once you have the basic shape you can get so much more out of suggestions.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...

No one exists in a vacuum; relationships with other shape who you are.  So maybe if you need to nail down more details about his personality and goals, you should think about what Thorn's mother and father and siblings were like?  And/or what kinds of friends Thorn made at school?

He actually has the same name is my main one, except he dosen't have Autism. As someone on the Autism spectrum myself there are many things both related and unrelated to that that you need to consider. What form is he going to have? It is called a spectrum for good reason, everyone is different but there are some common patterns you can look for which can help you. Obsessions and fixations with particular objects and subjects, strange and unusual hobbies, difficulty interpreting social cues are all common things you can work with though you have to make sure to make it a part of the character and not the entire character. Before that though I would think more about what kind of things about him that are unrelated to that. I find things like color scheme and mane style are much easier to come up with after things like personality, goals ect have been more fleshed out.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

He actually has the same name is my main one, except he dosen't have Autism. As someone on the Autism spectrum myself there are many things both related and unrelated to that that you need to consider. What form is he going to have? It is called a spectrum for good reason, everyone is different but there are some common patterns you can look for which can help you. Obsessions and fixations with particular objects and subjects, strange and unusual hobbies, difficulty interpreting social cues are all common things you can work with though you have to make sure to make it a part of the character and not the entire character. Before that though I would think more about what kind of things about him that are unrelated to that. I find things like color scheme and mane style are much easier to come up with after things like personality, goals ect have been more fleshed out.

I know how to work this out because I, myself, have Aspergers.

There are so many ways this can go wrong. Main reason being that autism is their defining character trait. It's kind of like making a gay character's main trait that they are gay and other such things. Just make sure that autism isn't his only trait and he'll be fine I guess. Oh yeah, why make him speak in Old English? There's no reason for it other than by your own admittance, it sounds cool.