Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fedoras and Neckbeards

rainbowsmash13

Why is Fedora wearing such a bad insult. What is a Fedora, where can I buy one

And Neckbeard isn't that just a beard if your beard does not existent to your neck than its not a beard

O I don't get why theses are the ultimate low blow. You are a bronie Fedora Neck beard. MRA Neck Beard.

I actually preferred Pedo or misogynist because they are insults Not a MRA just they are the other group to get the insults

• Brohoof 1

And Neckbeard isn't that just a beard if your beard does not existent to your neck than its not a beard

O I don't get why theses are the ultimate low blow. You are a bronie Fedora Neck beard. MRA Neck Beard.

I actually preferred Pedo or misogynist because they are insults Not a MRA just they are the other group to get the insults

1. I think its mostly due to association, those hats have been super popularized and associated with less than desirable people

2. a nice looking hate that was popular back in the day https://www.google.com/search?q=fedora&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xe0UVJ6XK4_CsATjkYHYBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

3. neck beard is a beard that grows on your neck, it is associated with fat slobs who dont bathe

• Brohoof 3

Generally insults like these are what anti-bronies come up with in their daily 3 hour thinking period, aptly named "The Thinking Period To Think of Useless Insults Against Bronies"

Anyways yea, I'm not really sure why they are used primarily as insults.

• Brohoof 2

1. I think its mostly due to association, those hats have been super popularized and associated with less than desirable people

2. a nice looking hate that was popular back in the day https://www.google.com/search?q=fedora&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xe0UVJ6XK4_CsATjkYHYBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

3. neck beard is a beard that grows on your neck, it is associated with fat slobs who dont bathe

Were does the association come from like did a hate group were them like I get why people don't like pentagons (Devil) who were the fedora wearing people to make it a hate symbol.

Cuck Norris had a neck beard it was his trade mark what fat slob had a beard I guess homer Simpsons but it was not a trade mark out side of the internet I never heard beard be used as an insult

• Brohoof 1

Fedora is used as an insult due to the mass amount of redditors and bronies that sport said hats. People that come to dislike those groups will use it as an insult as the hat is seen as out of date in fashion, and normally worn by people associate with poor social skills and lack of relationships.

And neckbeard is typically associated with poor personal hygiene, and a lack of grooming in a male. It is akin to calling insulting you for not caring about your personal appearance and failing to maintain a grooming standard. 

these are often used as insults, as attacking a persons clothing and physical appearance are oft the easiest route to take when insulting some one. It is the easiest, as it requires no understanding of the thought process or ideology of the person you are insulting, but rather just a very innate base understanding of physical apperance.

• Brohoof 5

Like the above comments say, it's all about association with the fedoras, which is unfortunate.

I believe a "neckbeard" is the scraggly facial hair of someone who is perceived not to properly groom themselves. Personally, I believe that no one should be seen as disgusting for not removing their natural hair, whether it's men shaving their faces or women shaving their legs, but alas, humans are a judgmental species.

And MRAs are generally disliked because they tend to be very sexist, though I have no idea why such people would be associated with such a blatantly feminist piece of media as My Little Pony. I'm not saying they all are, but the concept of refusing feminism, which is meant to benefit everyone, for something that is so male-centric, is rather unpleasant :(

Also, it would appear that you are new here, but the section you posted this in is for discussing FiM exclusively. Posts like these would go in the General Discussion section (scroll down further on the homepage and you'll find it). A mod will probably move this for you, but it would be helpful for everyone if things were kept in their proper places. It's ok though, I know it takes some time to adjust to the lay of the forum-land :)

• Brohoof 1

Like the above comments say, it's all about association with the fedoras, which is unfortunate.

I believe a "neckbeard" is the scraggly facial hair of someone who is perceived not to properly groom themselves. Personally, I believe that no one should be seen as disgusting for not removing their natural hair, whether it's men shaving their faces or women shaving their legs, but alas, humans are a judgmental species.

And MRAs are generally disliked because they tend to be very sexist, though I have no idea why such people would be associated with such a blatantly feminist piece of media as My Little Pony. I'm not saying they all are, but the concept of refusing feminism, which is meant to benefit everyone, for something that is so male-centric, is rather unpleasant :(

Also, it would appear that you are new here, but the section you posted this in is for discussing FiM exclusively. Posts like these would go in the General Discussion section (scroll down further on the homepage and you'll find it). A mod will probably move this for you, but it would be helpful for everyone if things were kept in their proper places. It's ok though, I know it takes some time to adjust to the lay of the forum-land :)

That is what I mean call them sexist not fador wearing but they love MLP

they claim they are to busy to watch the show but knew everything about the show and saw the movie. I get the beard thing now so a well groomed beard would not be a neck beard so ya it is an insult.

Ok theses women do not represent the entire MRA community I know nothing about that community. The only reason I used MRA was because Fedora is an insult to them ass well and for Bronies and MRA's there are so many better insults.

• Brohoof 2

MRA is an idea that in theory should be good: That it is bad if feminism ends up creating the same problems in reverse.

Instead it is basically a bunch of dudes trading PUA tips and bitter divorcees complaining about their ex-wives.

But I guess if you start with the ideal of MRA which is basically gender equality, then it isn't incompatible with the message of FiM and so that's why we end up with MRA Bronies.

• Brohoof 2

MRA is an idea that in theory should be good: That it is bad if feminism ends up creating the same problems in reverse.

Instead it is basically a bunch of dudes trading PUA tips and bitter divorcees complaining about their ex-wives.

But I guess if you start with the ideal of MRA which is basically gender equality, then it isn't incompatible with the message of FiM and so that's why we end up with MRA Bronies.

I completely agree. In theory, feminism and MRA...ness (or however you say it) should be the same thing; the promotion of perfect gender equality. Sadly, most MRAs, and yes, some feminists too, don't have that goal at heart :(

• Brohoof 3

As someone else said, a fedora is a type of hat. It was once popular decades ago, but today is generally worn by people who can't pull it off or pair it with completely inappropriate attire. Don't buy one. You will not be able to make it work (unless you plan only on wearing it with a suit/formal wear. Even then, I wouldn't recommend it). 

A neckbeard, in the literal sense, is a beard (generally patchy) that is confined to ones neck and sideburns. It is often associated with a lack of proper grooming and laziness (because if you can't grow a proper beard, shave). Neckbeard can also be used to refer to young (usually about 20-30 years old) nerdy males with an egregious lack of hygiene and social skills. It is not a flattering term. 

The association between neckbeards and fedoras came about due to the fact that a lot of said neckbeards would wear fedoras as an attempt to seem classy or "different". 

Edited by MasterCombine
  • Brohoof 2

What is wrong when them complaining about their ex-wives I think the internet is a healthy place to express anger I know that it does nothing to improve men's rights but if it make them feel better than good

• Brohoof 1

I think it's just a joke, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Although many feel that fedoras are meant to go with more dressy clothes than the casual clothes that the neckbeard stereotype guy usually wear.

But the REAL problem is not the hat and neckbeard themselves (although the neckbeard is very gross IMO and just shows poor grooming on a guy), it is that they became associated with that particular type of guy. The guy that complains about how he is such a nice guy, and how the mean girls always 'friendzone' him and date those 'bad' guys (definition: Every single guy in the world that isn't him) instead. Don't even get me started on the MRA nonsense. The 'nice guy' attitude is very misogynistic all in itself, and is a HUGE turn off to girls. We aren't stupid.

I find it [making fun of the stereotype by commentating on the fedora and neckbeard] hilarious personally... I remember a month or so ago I was sitting in a restaurant and this young man walks in with his parents and I happen to capture a glimpse at him and he is the PERFECT example of this stereotype - I had to hold myself from laughing soooo hard. And I had to capture a second glimpse to make sure he wasn't wearing a pony shirt. xD

• Brohoof 2

Fedoras...well, just look silly on most people. Unless you look like Johnny Depp or some rockstar, you don't look as awesome as you think you do when wearing a fedora.

Neckbeards are generally signs of poor personal hygiene, as others have mentioned.

• Brohoof 1

If someone calls you a fedora wearing neckbeard and you don't have one, just chuckle and move on. If you do have a neckbeard and are wearing a fedora... well just know that you might need to either change, which you shouldn't, or grow some thick skin.

If someone calls you a fedora wearing neckbeard and you don't have one, just chuckle and move on. If you do have a neckbeard and are wearing a fedora... well just know that you might need to either change, which you shouldn't, or grow some thick skin.

Or you can beat them senseless or threaten too and see what happens. That's what I'd do.

i have a fedora but no neckbeard...nor can i really grow a beard much less have I tried.

Honestly if someone throws the insult of me wearing a fedora, I'd probably come back at em with "U jelly mate?"

Other than that, I'd shrug it off. It's a pointless insult thrown at bronies for ridiculous reasons.

i have a fedora but no neckbeard...nor can i really grow a beard much less have I tried.

Honestly if someone throws the insult of me wearing a fedora, I'd probably come back at em with "U jelly mate?"

Other than that, I'd shrug it off. It's a pointless insult thrown at bronies for ridiculous reasons.

To be honest, Fedoras don't look as cool as people think they do. Now that I think about it, it's slowly becoming part of the Nerd stereotype ensemble  (like thick glasses, suspenders, pocket protectors, acne).

Just because mobsters from the 1920s wore them doesn't mean you should. 

Edited by HoopHoof
  • Brohoof 1