open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom & @Cheerilee

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Oh, uh, alright," Twilight said in a flustered tone at being suddenly removed from the premises. At the very least they had managed to finish eating before getting interrupted. Once the group had gotten beyond the town's boundaries and were on their way to the train station, the Alicorn cleared her throat. She had no idea what was happening with Macabre and would have very much liked to stick around but at the same time, she had to respect the customs of the townsfolk. "Remind me to give that place a review at some point ... since it doesn't seem like we have nowhere else to go, it's back to Ponyville for us, right?"

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM & DAWN STREAK

"What could have happened here?" Dawn thought out loud, helping Scarcity clear away some dust by beating her wings and sort of funnelling the loose debris towards her. "It's not like there was a battle or anything, right?"

"I wish I knew," Dazzle said, continuing to stare at the broken off scale that had been given to her. It was definitely blue, like her draconic father, and it bore signs of having been scratched off. She had managed to pull herself together and gotten out of her funk to try and be of some help to her new friends. "It could be a molted scale but something tells me this is different. Maybe ... I don't know," she ultimately sighed and watched the mounds slowly get cleared away. Over at Long Stare's corner, more bruised and scratched blue scales caught her attention underneath the mound she was working on.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Mainly some tips on being a budding queen," Aurora eventually admitted and swallowed. She wasn't sure how Cheshire would take it so her first question would be a wild one, one that might not sit well with other Changelings. Nevertheless, she knew what Onache thought of her so why not give Cheshire a shot too? Amidst her nervousness, she nodded a bit to make sure she was ready and spoke to Cheshire. "What ... uh ... I do have a question that I want to get out of the way. How do you feel about a surviving daughter of Queen Chrysalis?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"This feels familiar," Atzy commented, sitting back while watching Enzo and Blitz fret over Karmic. She didn't want to blab her origins to Blitz and Molotov but whatever Karmic was seeing, it could go either way.

Karmic was gasping softly, her eyes glowing a pure white as she watched visions pass by her eyes. One was of Molotov falling off the pier they were going towards. Another was of fireworks exploding for no apparent reason and setting the pier on fire. Yet another was of the Gemling queen approaching Atzy while they watched fireworks and whisking her freshly made princess away. She didn't like any of them and yet more kept coming, with each rolling into one another. She couldn't explain what she was seeing because the words were catching in her throat and because she couldn't speak, she began to tear up and wet tracks rolled down each side of her face.

"Then again, she was nothing like the last time," Atzy said worriedly, now approaching Karmic to see if she could figure out how to snap her out of it.

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2024-08-04 at 2:14 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Everything there is outgoing. Thus the labels of the boxes." Solar explained "And what comes to copies, for what's currently there, I've already taken care of that; our copies are currently stored in my desk, as proper storage comes when the construction work is ready." "However in the future, if a copy is needed, it will be specifically mentioned, as we are only required to store what is relevant for our duties; the long term storage is the responsibility of the archive staff. " "Beyond that, we'll store the rough drafts of the reports for two weeks."  "We are to however keep log of reports we finish and send forward, so that in case of something going missing, responsibility can be properly tracked." he walked next to the papers and seemingly randomly took a paper from between a pile "There are some reports that need to be copied though, this being one example." "I have already made the necessary version for us, but as this will be the document releasing the responsibility of certain individuals from us to the guard as a whole, a copy is delivered to each branch of the guard." the certain individuals were the kobolds he mentioned earlier "You can find the amount of required copies from the end of the draft."

"Good. That will make the organizing a good deal simpler. I will make sure to keep this in mind, and have the appropriate paperwork that we do need to keep, be ordered so it will be simple to find what papers might be required, at a later date."

It seemed they were going to need to store far less copies than she had anticipated then, with a lot of the work just being the monotonous copying of some papers to several of the guard branches. Mostly they would keep logs, and personnel files it sounded like. That would not require much space, so a single filing cabinet would suffice, when it came to her requests, instead of a larger construction. Though she did also need something for the various guards.

Considering Equestria had two royal guard branches, one semi-independent guard branch, as well as the police force in smaller areas, where guards were not as accessible, they would need four for that. Then there were the rough drafts, temporary files, anything that the O.M.I. would need, as another somewhat newly established law enforcement branch, and she assumed, a specific drawer for things meant to go directly to the princesses, and that would be another four.

There were technically also foreign affairs, but she assumed those would be sent to one of the former departments, though... There were the newer princess of Twilight Sparkle, who hadn't yet established a guard of her own, and had her own topics she tended to need to handle. Diplomatic ones mostly, far as she heard. And of course, the Crystal Kingdom. It were perhaps best to have a few drawers for that too, in case things needed to reach to them, as they governed separately too. Which would bring the number of drawers up to eleven. If she split their own files up into storage and personnel files, it would fit a standard 4x3 filing cabinet. Yes, that should do nicely.

She'd then need to request a somewhat notable amount of travel briefs for these, but standard, sealable ones should suffice for the vast majority of things, and were not too expensive in bulk. Though some more secure ones should be kept in storage too, for more sensitive things, of course.

Yes, she were getting a fairly good idea of how she wanted things done then, but she would work with what she had for the time being, and then have it prepared for when she had things set up more to her liking.

Magma would have somewhere between 20 to 30 minutes to get started before Solar would visibly start getting ready for the briefing he mentioned, he would have been ready earlier, but he realized he hadn't brought everything needed, and had to leave to get it from home, so after going through his desk and some of the storage around it, he informed Magma that he'd be right back, before leaving the room once more. After he came back, he positioned himself such that Magma would have a good view of him; he seemed to have some pictures with him, painted of course, though only the top one would be visible, seeming to be some kind of a map. 

Of course, if Magma had any further questions, Solar would respond to those first.  

Magma hadn't said anything, when he had given his head a clang before he went off for a bit. He were clearly mechanical in some fashion, but she were no engineer. And even then, she got the feeling she wouldn't understand the fundamentals of what he were and could, as it were technology far ahead of their own. It were simpler to think of him as simply part metallic, but otherwise a pony, and don't try to get into further philosophical thoughts on how much pony he still were, if he were mostly machine, etc. It were non-constructive thoughts, and seemed unkind to pursue, considering he had just given her much appreciated work. Though she might ponder such things on dull, uneventful days, yet keep her thoughts to herself, lest it came up in conversation in some fashion.

When he would return, he'd find that Magma had been at work. She had taken all the files out and had them rearranged and catalogued, then sorted them into their specific place, then had prepared the files that needed to be worked on into sub-groups, based on date, and how many copies were needed. Though they were still in their order of importance. She wouldn't mess with that.

Her table were also tidied up, and she were collecting the files that still needed to be filed into neatly sorted piles, when he had shown up, and she would follow along to get her briefing. Though she would first focus on the new paintings he had also brought along. One seemed to have a painting on it? Rather peculiar, but she assumed this were something he needed for the briefing. Perhaps he had painted instructions, and required information? That would be unorthodox, but she would admit, that it did sound like a rather interesting spin on an old idea, as it were.

"Welcome back, sir. I am ready when you are."

============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

However, after few moments of this, he went to eat it, once again imitating leviathan somewhat, as after pondering about the correct way to eat it, he simply put it in his mouth, crushed it and swallowed; though since their mouths weren't evolved chewing in mind, but rather for ripping chunks off of pray, he less bit into it, and more just crushed it with his jaws, which if nothing else, was a showcase of their strength, considering his small size. From his reaction, it seemed that he somewhat liked it, he would have preferred it raw, and the taste didn't beat what he usually preferred, but it was decent, and the crunch was quite pleasant to him, reminded him of breaking bone...he may have been an angel compared to his sister, but he was still a predator, and wasn't entirely pure.

While Leviathan were a civilized dragon, it didn't mean that she were going at these lobsters with a fork and small hammer, to gently pry the meat from the shell. No, she had strong jaws, teeth, and good stomach acid. She were eating the whole thing, crunching through it with great delight. Though she did start at the elbows ats it were, as the flesh were easy and soft to work with from there. Then go to the claws, and then cut off the thin little legs. It left a good chunk she could get into her mouth and just chomp through, bit by bit, without having to halt when she reached the elbows, or have a leg tickle her throat on the way down.

She probably should have tried bringing at least one back with her that were raw, in case they preferred that, but lobsters just tasted so much better when they had gotten warmed up proper. Which to griffons and such, usually meant a pot of water, and then plopping them right into it. She for one, were not keen on wasting time, so she just used magic instead. It was a good deal faster, albeit you had to be careful to not make the insides to ash. Took some trial and error, as well as proper control to get this done. Least for her.

She could handle one more after the one she had been gnawing on when she arrived, and as such, would eat with Charir. The rest of the lobsters would be put on ice. Literally, she'd smack them into a block of it. They could be heated up again after they'd thaw. It'd lose some taste, but it were still better than have them lay around and get stale. Waste of good meat that were.

As Charir was getting ready to lay down for rest, and Ruby had already laid down, Ruby spoke to Leviathan "I was thinking, pony business is out for now, and I am frankly getting sick of curses; how do you feel about visit to our homelands." "We need to rest first of course, but with what happened in that temple, I'm not comfortable delaying getting rid of this..." she pointed at the amulet "...any longer than necessary." she kept a short pause "I'm going, I'm mainly asking if you'll join me, it is clear that I can't properly watch over Charir as long as I'm this vulnerable."  "I acknowledge that it may be for nothing, but it is currently the best option we have." "Besides, it could be a good vacation for Charir too, to help him forget...this." she knew that Charir probably wasn't happy about the idea of the homelands themselves, after all, he had just fled from there, but she was sure that the idea of meeting the more magical side of their kin would intrigue him.

"I'm game."

In fact, she were rather enthusiastic about it, and perked up a little as the conversation came up. Sure they had planned to go there eventually, but she assumed it were gonna be a few decades probably, before they got that far. Not just a few days. That it came up now were sudden, and yes, the place still sounded like a nightmare, but it still sounded better than what they had just been through, so she'd take it.

"Anything we outta bring along for the trip? Snacks? Bear carcasses? That sorta thing? You've told me some pretty disturbing things about your homelands, but isn't there any sort of neutral state you can have with others? If you always fought whoever wandered in on your turf, most would end up near extinct in a few centuries. Maybe decades. Isn't there some sort of way to traverse relatively safely? A tribute you can give for passage through, or something? I've done those things before. Works on trolls and corrupt officials, all the same. Though the trolls can swing harder, and have better humor."

Honestly, trolls weren't so bad, once you got to know them. Yes they were vicious barbarians, who had w ell earned reputation for breaking intruders and eating them, but they did have some degree of an honor system. Pay them the right tribute, show them respect, and that you weren't afraid of a fight, and they were fairly sociable. Also had the absolute best party brawls imaginable. She'd been down to the usage of one arm at the end of the last one, and needed three months to recuperate properly, and another two before she stopped finding bone splinters and gnarly hair in her scales, but it had been fun. She'd even been given a lift to where she could rest up properly, from the first troll who had managed to return the use of his limbs and jaw. They healed fast, so they played rough. Reminded her of the brawls she had with the other pups, when she were a whelp, just with less tail biting.

"*yawn* After we rest of course. I'm guessing I'll need what magic I can scrape together for when we get there. I'm just hoping there won't be any killings of kin."

Probably a naive hope, but it were all she had. She really didn't want to kill her own kin, even if they were more like cousins, she supposed. Though if it stood between doing that, or saving Charir and Ruby... She'd get over the death of some random, who didn't get the hint.

===================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If anyone needs any more evidence, just tell them to look at me." he was still holding his hand on Sheska's shoulder "I'd bet my remaining limbs that were most here in similar circumstances as we were, I'd be dead."

"Oh, I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about. But some of the higher rung folks in the big hospitals can get pretty stuck-up, with their snouts firmly planted in the sky. It's usually best to just ignore them, and focus on those who're willing to listen. Cause those sorts won't give a hoot, unless it's been written by somepony with twenty years of medical expertise, who is also head surgeon in some fancy hospital or the like. It can be pretty discouraging for some."

When she were a nurse, she knew for a fact that those sorts wouldn't even be bothered to push a paper from her to the trash can, if it landed on their table. And now, they still wouldn't, because what would some fresh doctor, out in the middle of a small'ish town know about real medicine?

And she knew that was the thought, because one of those sorts had come to a lecture to give a presentation, and were openly, arrogantly saying that the best they could aspire to, were to be working for their betters, and listen to them, as they knew better. The demeaning tone when somepony tried asking a question... Urgh. She had known two that had just flat out left the medical school because of that. Bad times.

Trox nodded to the mayors explanation, Sheska took the offered notebook and pen "Thanks, this will be a start." "Though I have one more question, what is 'above board'?" "I know what the saying means, but what does it mean in practice." "You see, part of the reason why we chose such a place to live, and why even this whole thing took some consideration, is because, well, we are not ponies." "Our culture is very different, be it in how we live, or how we do things like medical care, which is the relevant thing here." "Without making it any more complicated than needed; Healers can take a life." "Mercy killing is something socially, morally and medically accepted in our culture, we of course do everything to avoid it, but it is part of our duty; So if a fellow kobold needs it, I will provide." "Is that a problem?" It was a serious topic, so Sheska was equally serious when she asked it. Trox also added "In general, our morality is formed by our less individualistic nature, could that potentially cause issues?"

"In broad terms, above board means that you don't scam and cause harm. So for instance, healers selling snake oil, that makes others worse. Or selling fake jewelry, whilst claiming it is not.

We have had some less than scrupulous beings, who tried to earn a quick bit with scams like this, and whilst cheap trinkets are one thing, stuff like medicine that causes more harm than it does good, is a more serious offense. In essence, I will just hear from here and there what is said, on if your potions helps, or what you tinker up falls apart near instantly- Things such as that. You are likely to see me around when you open shop, just looking over things too, but I won't interfere in your process. I'm sure there won't be problems, and as such you won't hear much from me, in an official manner.

However, your other... Activities...

Officially, I cannot condone it. A loss of life, even in grim circumstances, is not something that one in my position can simply stand behind. Unofficially however... I know from personal experience, what assistance in such a case can mean, and how it is a kindness that can be hard to understand.

I believe it best if we simply pretend like we never spoke of this, and whatever you and your kin does discretely, is none of my business."

It were one of those topics that never had a unified response to it, and she could well lose her position, if she openly went and condoned these kinds of things. Especially because of the morality, and questions of whatever it were forced or not. So while she supported the idea, it were best if she simply turned her back, and pretended to not know of this.

"Eeeergh... I'm a medical professional, I can't make a stand on this, and frankly I've never thought much on it, beyond the oath we have to take, to be a doctor. So... I'll just stay neutral on it. Besides, it's a cultural thing, and it's not our place to condemn or condone this sorta thing."

It might be socially acceptable in kobold society, but the concept of mercy killings were the sort of thing that ponies generally didn't like to talk openly about. It were illegal, but some places were just kinda turning their backs on it, and pretended they didn't see anything, as they could understand the need for the practice, under some circumstances. In Ponyville, this were more or less a topic that just wasn't brought up.

@EQ_Theta

On 2024-08-05 at 2:08 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“It seems your thinking got the other village hunters somewhat spooked. Don’t worry; I’ve spoken with them about how things may look strange when it comes to you, and I’ve assured them that you are not dangerous. As far as anyone is concerned, you are a member of our village and are afforded protection just like everyone else living among us.”

“Those unfamiliar with you will get accustomed to your strangeness, but we’ve all been there. Just give it some time.”

"If they are curious, they can come and ask me questions. It is only him that I do not answer, because he hurt my friends."

It was a dubious honor, being one of the few she didn't simply answer. But he had been after her friends, and would not be sorry for it. So until that changed, he were not worth giving answers. And that change would not come, until Sen and Lin said to her, that he were okay to give answers to. She knew that she were not able to tell herself, if he just said he were sorry, or meant it..

As for the other guards in town, if they wanted to come over and talk, they could. She might answer them, unless she thought it was something that the other one set them up for. So them asking about the young longma that had talked with the foals, were not something she should answer them. But if they wanted to know things about her, or what she were doing, she would probably answer. She had already been told what she shouldn't be telling others about, so the rest should be okay, yes?

“Now, as far as packing essentials is concerned, you’ll need some food while traveling. Any items you’ll need to bring to the meeting with the elders will be necessary, though securing them will be necessary. You’ll never know what you’ll encounter at the outposts. I’ve heard stories of animals sneaking in and helping themselves to whatever visitors brought.”

“You must be joking, right? I thought those places were guarded.”

“Sometimes, unexpected things may happen, including small creatures sneaking in while you sleep. I fear your little companion may soon have competitors to his food supply if not secured well. In any case, packing light is recommended.” Ghilan glanced toward Shrimp, wondering about what might be interested in taking his food if given the chance. The siblings caught on to this, quietly acknowledging the possibility of it happening.

"That is okay. I have the bag with his food here."

Omen would be standing still as she spoke, and at the end, open her mouth. Her tongue now wrapped around the bag that they might have seen on the way up her throat. Dry as ever, and half-way filled with the dried fruits that Shrimp liked. She would take a few out, and swallow the bag again, before putting them up on her head. Shrimp weren't waking up, but he would grab at them with his small arms, and clutch them at his chest, like they were small plushies.

"I have four stomachs. I only use one to eat. So I can carry things in the others.

There are still some bits in the third. Do you want to see?"

She would tilt her head, looking questioning towards them. Considering everything, this might be a bit much, or if they were jaded to her weirdness by now, something that were shrug-worthy as *Yeah, sounds about right for Omen*. She did not know, nor think about it. The elders were supposed to learn about them, and Ghilan was an elder. So it made sense for her to show him things like this, yes?

If they declined, or things moved on, she would simply begin to ask another question. Though if they were curious, she'd regurgitate a few bits, balancing on her elongated tongue, for them to see first. They could take them if they wanted to.

"Are there water on the way there? Shrimp gets thirsty. If there is not, I can go to the lake when we need more."

Due to her gates, she honestly did not need to carry anything with her, and as such, were not in need of stashing up on things. Especially since she didn't need to eat or drink herself.

"If you need me to watch you when you sleep, so nothing comes and takes you away, I can do that too. I do not sleep. That is helpful, yes?"

The plans were likely set, guard duty rotations handled, etc. But she were a helpful sort. Came with being a born servant, without a master. She might decide for herself, but she were made to serve, and would be helpful if she could.

“That is commendable, and upholding the agreement we made is something to be expected. There is no need for us to do anything that will jeopardize a budding business relationship, even in this nascent stage. Even mayhem is reprehensible. The thought of it is sickening.”

“I suppose that attitude stemmed from our own experiences, all the way back to the extinction of our kind. The pursuit of power for selfish ends that day showed us that excesses can lead to a grisly end that will end up hurting others.”

Legatus examined the orb he held as the group walked, attempting to distance himself from the events that led to the golems being held within the orb in the first place. They knew what they signed up for, but it wouldn’t have been necessary. Some days, he wished it never happened, but some wishes are just meant to never come true.

"Yes, it can often cause you trouble to not approach things with a measure of restraint. Greed is so often the downfall of many a promising individual, and it can be a fine balance to wander. Yet it is best done, lest overindulgence, causes it all to fall apart. Or makes beings you do not want to be the focus off, find it the right time to settle the score.

If you need advise for it, do be free to ask. I consider myself well acquainted with this particular line, and could perhaps be of some help, if you find yourself questioning if you are in over your head."

Scarcity had once been visited by one of those karmic warriors. In her early years, when she had pushed to make a name for herself in the right circles, and she had been warned what would happen, were she to go too far. In fact, she were shown what it could bring, to be an issue, in the grand scheme of balance. Albeit brief, she understood the hint, and began to be more systematic. A lot of gain in her life, and more than she could realistically use herself in her lifetime, but she did much good in places too, and thus balanced out her presence in the world. She did not have the luxury of being one of those meant to be a purely evil, or purely good being, that balanced the scale heavily, in time of need. Nor would she want to be, as she were not some pawn to be unsealed from its box, when there were a need for it.

“Ah, a patron of the arts! My fellows and I viewed similar performances at the amphitheaters. It was always a pleasure to see the tragedies and comedies on stage! I may not speak for my fellows but now that you mentioned it, I wonder if productions like Ultoris Tragoedia have survived.”

“It was especially true with the amphitheater’s construction and acoustics. Even if the most distant spectators can hear the actors as if they were in the frontmost seats.” 

"Gotta enjoy the fun things in life. Can't all be work and looking stoic, or things are gonna go mighty dull, rather fast.

Can't say I know that particular play, but you could do worse than to ask. Who knows? You might be able to give them a new show to put on. They'd love it, I'm sure."

Good to hear these were some cultured folks. Spoke well of them, that they could enjoy such things, though now he himself were also curious, about that play they mentioned. Wasn't something he could recall, but there were so many, and he would admit to not remembering the name of every last one. Might be he had seen it, and the name itself, slipped his mind. or it might be a long forgotten play, in which case they could end up giving them something spectacular to work with. Something that the other theaters, or the opera, had access to, would be a good deal of fun for them, and draw in more eyes to their establishment. It were doing well, don't get him wrong, but the more the better, y'know?

Folks like Scarcity helped a lot with their presence. She were a well liked mare of the upper crust of the city.  It were a great boon to have her come around and give her mark of approval to something. Not that they didn't earn it. He'd been there enough to know that they put their heart and soul into what they put on stage, and it definitely showed.

“Thank you for your suggestions. We will visit the places you’ve suggested and more. I believe it would be best to experience the city by exploring the things it has to offer at our pace. Perhaps you could answer one more question? What are Celestia and Luna like?”

It was an odd thing to ask about, at least as far as curiosity for the city goes. However, something about the perception of leaders or rulers piqued the golem’s interest. However, it was merely Scriniarii’s intent to learn about these monarchs and how different they may have become. Discord had changed since they last heard about him, and the same could be true for the two alicorns. 

"The princesses are the sparkle in Equestria's eye.

Princess Celestia, the princess of the sun, were long our main ruler. She is a kind, patient mare, who leads our country with a warm presence, and rises the sun high above our heads every day. I think you will find her welcoming to your presence, and curious about what stories you might know. Most of the daily things that goes into running the kingdom, is done by subordinates, so she have time to mingle with the citizenry, if she so wishes.

Princess Luna, are the princess of night, and dreams. Celestia's younger sister, she is a very old fashioned, with manners and ways to talk, reminiscent of the olden times, when Equestria were still young. She doesn't show up much during the day, but she is a calming presence, that makes sure that Equestrians has pleasant dreams, and guides those in need, in what way she can, within the dreamscape.

Each of them are the final authority of the two royal guards. Celestia of us Solar Guards, and Luna of the Night Guards. There are also the Coastal Guard, but they are not under the authority of a royal.

In general, I think you would greatly enjoy meeting either princess. Perhaps you might even be lucky, and they wander the palace together, so you can meet them both. Or they are in some part of town, for some event or other."

"I do believe I know where she might be, as a matter of fact. Today is when Sweet Rolls unveils her new, award winning cake recipe, as I understand it. Which includes giving samples to the attendants."

"I heard about that. Celestia would definitely be present for that. Bit of a sweet tooth, our royal highness. It would give you a chance to see her a bit closer, and get an impression better than anything I could tell. Though I am not sure if Luna would be there. She's not know for being the biggest cake enthusiast."

"I feel fairly confident that Luna will be convinced to join the party. You know how Celestia does her best to make her more sociable, and this will be a notable event."

"Heh, I'll take your word for it, Lady Scarcity. Always been a good head on those shoulders."

"Thank you dearie. The compliment is appreciated."

Behind them, Brick would narrow his eyes, about a quarter of an inch, yet he didn't say a thing. Just kept his gaze on this guard, who were having a seemingly casual, jovial conversation with Scarcity.

"Will you be needing assistance in there, in some manner?"

"Oh, I'm sure we will be fine. I know this town as well as my own store by now. Yet of course, they may have more questions to ask."

"If so, just lemme know. Not a lot use this gate, so we got time to chatter with folks that do use it."

@Sekel @Cheerilee

"Probably for the best. Things were getting odd here, and if there's gonna be a commotion, it's better to have you somewhere else, that's safe."

"Krrkkrt. There is things we can do in your home too, pony. I wish to bring back words from you, to my queen. She is a kinder soul than her mother, so I think her amendable to approach you ponies in a different way than we have until now. Not that there are many options, as the maidens have left their temple. Without them, we lack worthy adversaries."

"Hmph. Considering what you manetids can get up to, if you are up to your own accord, maybe it would be best to try and reach out. I heard from the townsponies that you are good at making connections like this, your majesty."

Last didn't overly trust the manetids. They are violent, murderous creatures, and they both had countless generations behind them, of warriors that had killed and been killed by the other side. A seemingly endless conflict, that the eternal queen would never let end.

And yet, it were over now. The eternal queen were dead, the maidens gone- It were a new time for them, much as it were for Last and her fellows maidens. Perhaps this new queen of theirs, could be talked sense with. Though she'd remain vigilant, in case it would become a trap. One that Drone potentially didn't want to happen. She seemed okay. For a manetid anyway. but what her queen would do with an outstretched hoof, were hard to say. Maybe try and bite it. Maybe shake it. They would wait and see what would come of it, but it sounded as if Drone were planning on eventually making her way home, sometime relatively soon. And it were irritating Last slightly, that she could actually feel a tinge of sadness over that.

They would get out of town without issues, and the gates were closed by the skeletal guards soon after, and locked. It seemed that the tumultuous time for the town, were about to start. Though Stitch Wraith, who had followed them on their way, would go and press her face up against the gate, to say some last words.

"Hey! It were nice meeting you, princess. When this here's all over, I hope we'll have a chance to chatter again, though it'd probably have to be here. Folks get weirded out by my appearance when I leave town, heh. But hey, maybe I'll take a chance, and test how much you've influenced your town. It'd be a hoot.

Take care of yourself now. And don't worry, your friend's gonna be right as rain here. We might be practitioners of death, but we treasure life."

They would not have a hard time getting back to the thestral town, that were as quiet and sleepy as before. Though there were one thing that were different. A trio of breezies would be flapping about, chasing a small cotton ball, unaware of the approaching guests. If they wanted, they could simply just let them be, and get on their way to the train station. But if they wanted, they could strike up a conversation with them. Breezies were not exactly the most normal of beings to run into normally, though they had been told that there were a town of them in this vast forested area, somewhere. One of the three villages, that lived in here, not counting Sanctuary.

==================================================================

@Sekel

"Uhm... I'm not sure it's that simple."

"Ah, you found something, sister dearest?"

Stare would nod, and point them over to where she had been swiping away. More blue scales, in the condition that the last one had been in as well, hidden underneath the dust.

"Hmm. A single scale might well be molting, or getting stuck on a chair, but several, int he same area? Rather peculiar."

"I hope they weren't hurt."

"Now now, let us not jump to conclusions. It may well be nothing nefarious, and merely an accident. This is however, starting to get rather mysterious."

She would tap her chin, yet continue to funnel dust out, as she had thus far.

"Dazzle? If we do not find a definitely lead or answer, might I inquire if I could send someone out here with a more keen eye for things, to see what they can find? A few friends as it were, with tools suitable for finding well hidden clues.

This is your home, and as such, it seems only prudent to ask. I will also need to send those details of your parents appearance around a few that I know can spread the word too. There ight have been sightings over the years, that can be used to pinpoint a direction, or other places one could look for further clues."

"It won't be easy to get done."

"No, but I do wish to help. And you know how much I dislike not being able to solve something that I have set my mind to."

That were true. Scarcity were never one who enjoyed leaving things unfinished, or guessing on things, rather than find answers. She were one who liked knowing things, and be in control. Mysteries like this, fascinated her, and could sometimes become a nagging thought, in the back of her head, util she had found answers.

It were good it were turning out like this honestly. It meant there were a greater chance this were solved.

======================================================================

@Sekel

"So That's who your mother is, huh? I kinda wondered.

But you have nothing to fear here. We are not the sins of our mothers, or grandmothers for that matter. Trust me, I know. This here's a judgement free hive, for the most part. Besides, just look at you. You're nothing like her, and that's a real good start I'd say."

Cheshire would grin widely, as open and inviting as ever. What reason had she not to be after all? This were but the daughter of Chrysalis, not the evil queen herself. In fact, that just made it more important to be kind to her. Give her a good example, and great role models, so she'd turn out nothing like her mother.

"I mean, it's not like you're somepony with a shady story, like Queen Harrow, or Queen Carnage. Or Queen Onache, though the first two are worse."

"A strange compliment to be given."

"Oh, she's still plenty horrible. She twists the minds of her victims, and runs them dry. And the last time I saw her, I tried to be nice, and she said she'd break my neck if I dared speaking to her again. She's rather rude."

Onache would smirk slightly at that. Perhaps not a memory to be proud off, but it did amuse her somewhat to remember the situation. It would be... Interesting, once she would be made aware of who she were, but that would be for the future.

""Anyway, wanna come inside, and have a look? Might help calm your nerves to see what we're all about, and you can ask me more questions on the way.

=========================================================================

@Sekel

"Very well. Let us try and escalate things slightly then, shall we?"

Holding her up to his face, he would open up his maw. The slight spit on the sharp teeth, glistening in the sunlight. He could eat her here, but he wasn't a barbarian. Instead he'd simply just blow on her. Cat breath, at a stiff breeze, should rouse her out of things. If not, he'd try to slightly bonk her on the head with a claw. He knew seers were prone to be stuck in these modes, but if these were bad visions, which the tears indicated, it were best to cut that short. Preferably without knowing her out entirely, though if it seemed things threatened her life, via these visions, minor force would be taken to use.

*sigh* Could the elders see him now, care for a pony in more ways than simply as a servant that would take longer to replace than to help... They would scoff at the mere sight of him, for millennia to come.

Then again, let them. He doubted he'd be welcomed back home as it were anymore, and it were these small creatures, that had come and broken his chains, freeing him from his long prison, not his own kin. Sure it were not these ones specifically, but the sentiment remained, and after what they had been through, he were feeling slightly fond of these. No need to waste good companionship like that.

"If that doesn't work, try and dip her in water! I bet that would wake her right up."

"Eh, hard to say when it's a vision thing. Might need to cover her eyes or something.- This here's more wild magic than science, so I ain't sure what's gonna be coming off all this."

Enzo would keep the suggestions in mind, but for now, he would see what would happen with his attempts. If naught, then they may continue with the others, though with Molotov's first, as it seemed the least invasive, as it were. Though it certainly fit the energetic personally, of the peculiar little filly, to suggest what she had.

• Hugs 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2024-08-10 at 7:55 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"That is okay. I have the bag with his food here."

Omen would be standing still as she spoke, and at the end, open her mouth. Her tongue now wrapped around the bag that they might have seen on the way up her throat. Dry as ever, and half-way filled with the dried fruits that Shrimp liked. She would take a few out, and swallow the bag again, before putting them up on her head. Shrimp weren't waking up, but he would grab at them with his small arms, and clutch them at his chest, like they were small plushies.

"I have four stomachs. I only use one to eat. So I can carry things in the others.

There are still some bits in the third. Do you want to see?"

“I… uh… think I’ll take your word about having many stomachs, Omen, but thank you for sharing.”

“That’s something new…. I don’t think I’ll be able to stop thinking about that for a few nights, but… it’s something.”

Send and Lin chuckled at seeing Xin’s and Elder Ghilan’s reactions to that new tidbit of information Omen shared. It caught the siblings off-guard the first time they heard about it, but seeing how others reacted to it wouldn’t get old. No matter how strange some may see the Ki’Nathar, there was something under the surface that hinted that there was more. Though Omen’s brand of strangeness may lose its novelty over time, the first reaction was always a constant that could get the siblings to perk up.

But quickly enough, Ghilan would change the subject to bring the discussion back on track. It was rather nice to have things go well despite the distraction, but he getting used to Omen’s oddities a little more with each interaction. Knowing about her gates would make things a little easier for the group, as packing light could very well translate to packing nothing. Everything would be a stone’s throw away, though he wouldn’t advise it for Sen and Lin. They still need to do the necessary packing.

“Elder Ghilan has told me about this. We’ll be passing by a stream on the way to our destination, so drinking water should be readily available. That also applies to bathing in case we would need it. As for security while we sleep, the hunters stationed at the outpost would ensure we remain safe, as will I.”

“I’m sure you staying up and watching us while we sleep will be helpful, but there’s no need for you to do that.” Sen placed one claw over the Ki'nathar's shoulder, affirming Omen being a member of their village, something that folks in the village are slowly coming around to and accepting. ”You are a traveler, so there is no need to engage in the things that should be part of a hunter’s job.” 

“However, as you are Shrimp’s caretakers, I hope you will do what you can to make sure he’s behaved, all right?”

Sen and Lin nodded in agreement. Though Ghilan understood the question was mostly directed at Omen, seeing as the refraction was usually perched on her head, it seemed like the siblings were just as responsible. He was fairly certain that the little one would listen to them, so he wasn’t too concerned. However, there was another thing that left him very concerned.

“There is another reason why I am here. What were you thinking going into those ruins?! You know going in there is taboo!” The elder’s voice went from upbeat to serious, though remaining hushed, his emotions slowly shifted as his tone and speed lowered. As for the siblings, they hoped this would have been kept among themselves and Xin, but it seemed like that wasn’t the case. They could only remain silent out of guilt despite knowing it wasn’t even their idea to go in, if only because of the trouble they found themselves in after they explored one such ruin. 

On 2024-08-10 at 7:55 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"The princesses are the sparkle in Equestria's eye.

Princess Celestia, the princess of the sun, were long our main ruler. She is a kind, patient mare, who leads our country with a warm presence, and rises the sun high above our heads every day. I think you will find her welcoming to your presence, and curious about what stories you might know. Most of the daily things that goes into running the kingdom, is done by subordinates, so she have time to mingle with the citizenry, if she so wishes.

Princess Luna, are the princess of night, and dreams. Celestia's younger sister, she is a very old fashioned, with manners and ways to talk, reminiscent of the olden times, when Equestria were still young. She doesn't show up much during the day, but she is a calming presence, that makes sure that Equestrians has pleasant dreams, and guides those in need, in what way she can, within the dreamscape.

Each of them are the final authority of the two royal guards. Celestia of us Solar Guards, and Luna of the Night Guards. There are also the Coastal Guard, but they are not under the authority of a royal.

In general, I think you would greatly enjoy meeting either princess. Perhaps you might even be lucky, and they wander the palace together, so you can meet them both. Or they are in some part of town, for some event or other."

It was apparent that the princesses were well-liked, though that perception may be clouded if impressions were given by just one pony. However, the golems trusted that Celestia and Luna were the good individuals described to them. Luna’s powers involving dreams were an interesting finding. Frankly, rulers who involved themselves with the common folk were rare, but learning of this made them sound more endearing. Scriniarii got his answer, and that made him more than inclined to seek an audience with the princesses if time permits.

Then again, there may be a chance to see one of the princesses. Scriniarii felt the urge to divert from their task to attend the event Scarcity mentioned, but his fellow golems may not be as inclined… Perhaps it would be best to consider their actions and priorities for now.

“Celestia and Luna sound like a delightful pair of rulers, and it is good that they are looking after their subjects. To be honest, the way you described them could put some of those who wielded similar power in the past to shame.”

“The sisters as rulers makes for an idyllic image. They sound like they are perfect, and it, admittedly, makes me feel a little jealous of the fortune of having them as your rulers.”

“Ah, but I suppose we shouldn’t be keeping you from your duties, Tangle Growth. I believe the best way to see the city for what it has to offer is to immerse ourselves, and you have certainly painted an interesting and inviting picture. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I hope we can cross paths again.”

Though the golems would like to stick around and chat, there may be more to see in the town. Either that or Scarcity and the group may continue further into Canterlot with their current objective. Come to think of it, the task they set out for the day was to enter the city, and what comes after hasn’t been set in stone. It will be interesting to see what comes next. Maybe they might have a chance to see what kinds of productions are showing, if only in passing. 

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Party! 1

@EQ_Theta

On 2024-08-13 at 2:40 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Elder Ghilan has told me about this. We’ll be passing by a stream on the way to our destination, so drinking water should be readily available. That also applies to bathing in case we would need it. As for security while we sleep, the hunters stationed at the outpost would ensure we remain safe, as will I.”

“I’m sure you staying up and watching us while we sleep will be helpful, but there’s no need for you to do that.” Sen placed one claw over the Ki'nathar's shoulder, affirming Omen being a member of their village, something that folks in the village are slowly coming around to and accepting. ”You are a traveler, so there is no need to engage in the things that should be part of a hunter’s job.” 

“However, as you are Shrimp’s caretakers, I hope you will do what you can to make sure he’s behaved, all right?”

Omen would look down on his claw, as it were placed on her shoulder, and raised a hoof up, thinking she were supposed to do the same to him. Like this were a kind of longma greeting perhaps, that she should try and partake in, but she would halt in her calm, slow action, if she were told not to, or he took a step back.

"I will keep watch over Shrimp, but I can keep watch over you too. I can not sleep, and Mother says it is important to help. That we can learn from it."

Shrimp would need some oversight, but he had been mostly nice. A bit of hissing, and there were the one time when he had glitter-breathed someone, but he had been annoying the refraction more than once, and it could be argued that he deserved it.  If it got to that again, Omen would make sure to put a gate in front of that this time, but it should be fine, long as they didn't annoy Shrimp. He seemed to tolerate things well enough, long as you didn't intrude on his personal place. Which were maybe something she should say actually.

"Shrimp does not like when strangers poke him. But you smell like longma. I think it will be okay."

“There is another reason why I am here. What were you thinking going into those ruins?! You know going in there is taboo!” The elder’s voice went from upbeat to serious, though remaining hushed, his emotions slowly shifted as his tone and speed lowered. As for the siblings, they hoped this would have been kept among themselves and Xin, but it seemed like that wasn’t the case. They could only remain silent out of guilt despite knowing it wasn’t even their idea to go in, if only because of the trouble they found themselves in after they explored one such ruin. 

"Why was it taboo, when you did not know what was there? Or did you know? Then why not tell anyone?"

She tilted her head to the left, looking more perplexed than her normally neutral expression, as something occurred to her.

"...How did you know we were there?"

The elder himself probably wouldn't go there, if it was bad for their kind, so... Did Xin tell him? Why? She were sure there were a reason, but she did not understand it currently. He were a strange one to try and understand the motives off sometimes.

“Celestia and Luna sound like a delightful pair of rulers, and it is good that they are looking after their subjects. To be honest, the way you described them could put some of those who wielded similar power in the past to shame.”

“The sisters as rulers makes for an idyllic image. They sound like they are perfect, and it, admittedly, makes me feel a little jealous of the fortune of having them as your rulers.”

“Ah, but I suppose we shouldn’t be keeping you from your duties, Tangle Growth. I believe the best way to see the city for what it has to offer is to immerse ourselves, and you have certainly painted an interesting and inviting picture. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I hope we can cross paths again.”

"I wouldn't trade our princesses for anypony else. They ain't perfect, but they're the closest to it that I can think of, and Celestia especially, have made sure to grow Equestria into the beautiful country it is today. I hope you'll get to meet them sooner, rather than later. I think you'll find them welcoming, and a rather awe-inspiring sight, I might add.

But you're best off to see, rather than hear. Been a pleasure talking with you, sir. I hope you'll find our capitol to your liking, and wish you the best of luck ahead. If you need a friendly face, come around sometimes. We got some free time here, and I don't mind trading stories."

Tangle would salute them as they were on their way, As would the other guards. Something that Scarcity would respond to, with a cordial bow, and Brick would with a grunt, and a nod of the head towards Tangle. It took a lot to get proper approval from the former sergeant, and some talking weren't enough. But he would accept that he did his job properly, and acknowledge that. Though Tangle did seem to tense a slight amount, as he also saw a warning in Brick's eyes. Feint, but if you had been around him, or heard enough stories, you started to pick up on the small signs here and there.

"It was much appreciated. Take care for now."

They would be able to walk into Canterlot properly now, and frankly, they were going to get some eyes. Though perhaps not as many as they might have expected. From a distance, it could be hard to tell they were made of stone, due to the detail and color variation in their form, to make them look more alive. Most who looked, were either close enough to notice, or were curious about their form. Some others looked towards Scarcity, sending their regards, waves, or a raised hoof and a smile in her direction. And she responded kindly back herself. Words, nods, a small bow- Whatever the situation called for, and depending on who she were dealing with. In one case, it were a simple, slow wink of her eyes, towards a noblemare who seemed to gaze with a neutral glance, for a bit longer than the rest around the town.

Scarcity had everything handled well, when it came to how she were shown to others. The degree of sociability she needed, were expected to have, who to use it towards, what their preferred way of having that done, etc. Dealing with the populace were an artform, and one she were skilled in, she might add. To the point where there were time, when she even questioned herself, if she could pinpoint who she truly were anymore, beneath all the glamour and carefully crafted persona.

But then things happened at times, that got her out of that zone. Something that made her feel certain of what were real. Among them, being when she were spending time with her daughter. A filly whom she adored above all else, and those in her dark circles knew that. Which were why they made sure to keep distance between themselves and her. Sure the majority of the black market regulars, simply didn't much care for causing direct, deliberate harm to kids int he first place, but more than that, they knew that if they even tried, they would become the sole focus of not only Scarcity's attention, but boundless wrath.

There were enough stories and examples to make even Le Perinne not want to be laser-focused on like that. Sure Scarcity could not physically or magically harm the elder dragon, but she knew how to arrange things in such a way, that the karmic servants that could deal with her, and whom the dragoness had thus far kept at bay, would make her their top priority. Among other troublesome things, though they had enough of a professional degree of respect for one another, to have little interest in harming the other. It were bad for business, and they frankly both had better things to do.

As for those sending glances towards the golems... It were vastly mere curiosity, with no hostility. A few seemed concerned, and scurried along. Likely the sort who knew about golems, and could tell they were, but it seemed they attracted vastly more curiosity, by the few who did look. Though most would simply not notice, and move on. They had their own things to do, and couldn't be expected to keep track of every little thing that happened in town after all. Unless there were screaming, or a bunch of guards descending, they had to assume everything were fine. And a few guards did approach, but seeing Scarcity lead them on, and telling them what varied things they were seeing, between greeting others, made them halt, and not approach, but simply leave instead. All but one, but it were a good question if the various golems even noticed him. A pony standing in shadows at various points during their travel, looking right at them. Not approaching, not talking, yet definitely keeping an eye on them.

The town itself had a lot of wonder to gaze upon though, so it could hardly be expected them to notice everything, like a pony that didn't show much of himself, glaring at them with a single, white-iris eye. The Old Town were near, if they went down that path, but going to the capitol proper, were an explosion of sights. bakers, libraries, tinkerers, miners, large office buildings, stands selling a myriad of various things in the markets, the beautiful fountains, clothing shops, woodworks- So much, and more to come, as they wandered through the jewel of Equestria.

(I can't think of specifics right now, but feel free to insert specific places and such if you wish, and we take it from there)

"- and that is Marble Mane's new boutique. A delightfully bubbly mare, with access to such exquisite marble and porcelain, I simply had to have her install certain things of her creation in my own residency. The flooring is simply marvelous in the bathrooms now.

What think you of our fair town thus far? A little overwhelming perhaps? Less than you had thought? Be not shy to speak in honest of what you think, when you gaze around Canterlot."

• Hugs 1

@Blitz Boom
Solar started with the unit related info "As stated before, this unit was formed to combat threats from mainly my world, but, the more official mission is 'Identifying, investigating and countering anomalies beyond common means.'" "Other worlds is not a new concept for this world, the princesses have been aware of their existence from the start, in fact, travel between them, and the use of them to counter threats is older than the Equestria as you know it." "Banishing of the sirens being one of more public examples." "However, until my arrival, any potential threats caused by these worlds were reasonably simple to combat, as they tend to be tied to the same rules as this one, and thus same means work against them as against comparable local threats." "But my world, while still tied to the same rules of reality, is unique in a way not foreseen by the princesses; harmony failed, and so, evil has evolved beyond the means of this world." "That is where this unit comes in, I am to build a framework for combating threats from places like my world, or in other word, we are to expect the unexpected, prepare for what we don't know." 

"Obviously, our mission is paradoxical, we are to be ready for something we cannot prepare for by its nature, because if something is well known enough to have commonly known counters, it is no longer our responsibility, so, more realistically, this unit is less about active elimination of threats, and more about quickly analyzing them to find a way to combat them." "That is partly why I was chosen to be the commander of the first generation of this unit; while my knowledge is of course a part of it, my history as the head of information in my unit back home, fits the information focused mission of this unit." "This makes you an important asset for the unit, as most information will be going through you way or another, and that is also why you need to understand the exact nature of that information, thus a history lesson." 

He took the first painting; the paintings were just the cloth, making them take less space than paintings usually did; the first painting was a map, the shape of the land was same as Equestria, but that was where the similarity ended "Our history is mostly same to yours, up until certain point." "At some point before the first appearance of Nightmare moon is where things change, though that part of our history is truly known only by the sisters; However, what is known, is that several Alicorns were created, the means, the reason, or the exact time is not known, but I know it happened, because some of them are on the list of 'kill at sight' still to this day." "The most important deviation however, is with Nightmare moon, as she was never banished to the moon, instead, due to reasons only known to the two sisters, Celestia too was corrupted, becoming a being known simply as 'Daybreaker'" "The reason why this part of our history is relatively unknown, is because anyone besides the two sisters who was there to see it, was either killed by them, or disappeared; and as you can probably imagine, the sisters have an interest to paint their own version of history"

"Next thousand or so years is relatively unimportant, the two sisters went to a war, which is still going on to this day: this is what has lead to our current technological and magical development, as all resources were put to try to out advance the other side; to put it shortly, we quickly moved from arrows and swords to ballistic weapons using explosive power to launch the projectiles, to ranged weaponry weaponizing magic and other kinds of energy; there was a time when our weapons were so long ranged, that you could bomb the opposing side without leaving your room." "However, as defenses too evolved, long range weaponry became obsolete, and we went back to hooves on the ground, close quarter combat; which lead to the current style of combat, utilizing super soldiers like myself, and short distance drones." 

"Notable events during this time were; The invasion of the dragonlands, the extermination of changelings, assimilation of the various minority species into the empire, and the invasion and enslavement of kobolds." "It is also notable that beings like Discord, while known to exist, have not been seen since the sisters' corruption." "It is also important to note that the sisters are not what you think when you hear Nightmare moon; the sisters from my world, have amassed so much power that to call them alicorns is an insult; they are, in short, as close to gods as they could ever be, beings of magic broken out of the limits of their physical forms." 

"This map is what our Equestria looks like now..." he gave the map for Magma to look at from closer, the landscape was quite different, The eastern part of the land was a giant desert, the west was a giant forest, and the frozen north had been replaced with crystals "The Solar Empire, the Eastern half of Equestria, my home, is a never ending desert with a never ending day, and its ruler, Empress Daybreaker, is as cruel as her sun is." "It is an empire of pride and greed, golden buildings, golden soldiers..." he gestured at himself "...and the empress's greatness is to be worshiped." "Luckily she has some sense in her, and protecting yourself from the sun is allowed, until of course you are being punished for something." "Under the cursed sun, thirst is least of your worries." 

"West, The Realm of the Night, or as often called, The night realm, is of course Nightmare Moons domain; overseen by the cursed moon and its darkness, it is a thick, endlessly dark forest, similar, yet worse version of what you call The Everfree forest." "And while the humid cool environment is more pleasant, the nightmarish creatures and literal nightmares inhabiting it balance it out." "Nightmare moon, as her name suggests, rules with fear, and thus is quite sadistic ruler." "To put it shortly, While Solar Empire is cruel physically, in the Night realm, you suffer lot more psychologically."  "The two sisters are very similar, yet also the opposites." 

"In the North, is what we call The Crystal North; During the corruption of the sisters, it was the Crystal Empire, ruled by Sombra, but one day the area was taken over by dark magic and Crystals rivaling the mountains in size, and while most likely caused by Sombra, it is not known what his or his Empire's fate is, as nobody has ever gone in or come out; even the sisters with their immense power have not been able to break through." 

"Outside Equestria, there is what is simply known as The United, it is an alliance on paper, an Empire in reality, that was formed to defend against potential Equestrian attack, I do not know much about them, but what I do know, is that unlike us, their military research focused on biological modification over technological one, which we will get to when I'll go through the known potential threats." 

"As I have mentioned, my world is unstable, thus the reason why I'm even here, the situation is not fully understood, but since the corruption of sisters, rips in reality have been appearing, pulling things away and sending them who knows where; it is certain that this is not the only world where things end up, because if it was, you'd been aware of us long before I ever arrived." "What is known, is that it has been getting worse, what started as tiny magical anomalies, has become such that it is taking whole buildings with it, thus the believe that the world will eventually collapse entirely, as with this level of increase, in some centuries, the rifts will be big enough to swallow Equestria whole. And while I'm not expert on the topic, I don't believe reality can withstand that" 

"This is important to know, as with bigger and bigger things get taken, those bigger things also have a risk to end up here." "The situation also has an effect that is by all means good for every other world, as at the time of it starting, all existing connections to other worlds ceased, and regardless of lot of effort, no stable portals have been created since; this is good for us, as it is in the interest of the sisters to flee the collapsing world to other worlds, but as they are unable to create portals allowing it, as they either collapse or lead to dangerous locations, they cannot spread their corruption beyond our world." 
"As stated, reasons for all of this is not understood, but some theories link it back to a landmass that seemed to have disappeared from existence around the time of the princesses corruption, the theory is that the magical surges from something like that could cause the world to start breaking apart." 

"Do you have any comments or questions at this point? Before I go to known appearances and the nature of the potential threats?" 

---------------------

"It is a long flight there, around 10 hours or so I believe, so extra weight is not suggested." "There is few islands hour or so away from the land, so we can stop there for a meal and rest, before entering the homelands, as it is best to minimize the time we spend in the homelands themselves." Ruby stated, she herself would be fine without breaks, but for the two smaller dragons, especially Charir, it would be dangerous to just fly straight there, as he/they would be way too exhausted to protect themselves properly. "For tribute, we are individuals, and the variation is too great for it to be a good course of action, while some could be bribed, and some may let you through because they just don't care enough, others would not care for gifts, and some could even take it as an insult." "The reason we haven't killed each other to extinction, is the same as why we kill each other in the first place." "We are solitary creatures who hate everyone else, so we avoid each other, and while some of course are more blood thirsty than others, most don't seek out fights for sake of fighting, rather, there is usually only three cases where we get involved with each other, need for more territory, greed for treasure, or reproduction." 

"Our pride, which is also a reason for our violence, is also a form of protection, as most, unlike our mother, have principles, we don't go after the young, small, sick, injured, or pregnant; not from some moral reasoning, but pride, for going after those with no chance against you, is cowardice, and only weaklings need to fight those weaker than themselves." 

"What comes to safe travel, as I mentioned before, we will keep to the southern edge of the land, which is populated by the younger population, we are talking everything from Charir's size to about half my size, so they should be mostly smart enough to not try anything." "And if they do try something...remember that I used to be on the top." "I may have not been much use in the temple, but the Homelands are my turf, as some say." She may have been quite literally thrown to the bottom, but it didn't change the fact that she had climbed up by herself becoming the top of her generation for a while, and while she didn't wish to harm the young dragons any more than Leviathan did, she was more than willing to show why she used to be respected. "And it is good to collect your magic yes, not to fight, but flee, and more importantly, get Charir out of there if necessary." "And try to not let the young age of some of them to fool you, they are not like Charir, Charir lost, the ones we'll meet, are the ones who won." It was bit mean to say about Charir, but it was true, he lost, she lost, they were the ones who didn't make it in the homelands.

--------------

"Doctors obsessed with titles sound like a danger for patients." Trox concluded, sure some kobold healers could be prideful too, but they got their pride from teaching others, rather than their own excellence, in fact, from Trox's experience, kobold healers were almost irritatingly modest, even for a kobold, hay, he had to constantly remind his own sister that she had saved his life. 

"So I guess we'll see if it becomes relevant." Sheska remarked "Because let's be realistic, we live in middle of a forest, near a pony settlement, with no permanent kobold residents anywhere near; the likelihood that a kobold in such a state will make it to me alive in the first place, is close to zero." "And if I can be blunt, the wording of the question was purposeful, we didn't ask for permissions, only if it would be a problem." They were not Equestrian citizens, not in this world at least, and they would not make themselves such, as they refused to acknowledge any pony authority over themselves, not anymore; this whole address thing, it was just for convenience.  "But I believe that's everything right? We need to head to the tavern to Inform Chega that she can stop paying for our room." 

• Party! 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2024-08-16 at 6:57 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I will keep watch over Shrimp, but I can keep watch over you too. I can not sleep, and Mother says it is important to help. That we can learn from it."

Shrimp would need some oversight, but he had been mostly nice. A bit of hissing, and there were the one time when he had glitter-breathed someone, but he had been annoying the refraction more than once, and it could be argued that he deserved it.  If it got to that again, Omen would make sure to put a gate in front of that this time, but it should be fine, long as they didn't annoy Shrimp. He seemed to tolerate things well enough, long as you didn't intrude on his personal place. Which were maybe something she should say actually.

"Shrimp does not like when strangers poke him. But you smell like longma. I think it will be okay."

“Well, I suppose I can’t stop you from doing something to pass the time. The nights may be long if speaking with the hunters stationed at the outpost isn’t happening. Then again, if Shrimp prefers to sleep, there may be a small space we could find that he could use for himself.”

“It’s unconventional, but the outpost may have some resources we could use to have something ready. Just let us know what you’ll need, and if it can be prepared, we’ll do it.” 

Sen didn’t appear to be perplexed at Omen repeating his actions back at him. Though it wasn’t necessary to reciprocate, it wasn’t harmful either for her either. Frankly, it was more reassuring, but he might explain the gesture and what it means at a later time. It was just something he picked up during exile when he saw others doing it, and its meaning, if correct, was something he surmised from observing it enough times. 

As for the outposts, the living quarters weren’t going to be anything like the roomier huts, but there would be enough for a small traveling party that is often used by the hunters on rotating shifts. Places like these were small enough to avoid taking up too much in the way of resources but had to be spacious enough to be used for travelers. Protection would be up to the hunters stationed there. If some space for Shrimp was required, perhaps a small cubbyhole could be provided.

"Why was it taboo, when you did not know what was there? Or did you know? Then why not tell anyone?"

She tilted her head to the left, looking more perplexed than her normally neutral expression, as something occurred to her.

"...How did you know we were there?"

Unfortunately, things weren’t so positive now that Elder Ghilan started with an outburst. In some ways, he thought the siblings would be better at conducting themselves now that they were back home. Either that or he may not have done enough to curb their more curious tendencies after having spent years away from their beliefs. However it may be, there wasn’t time to second-guess. He knew they were in the ruins, and that may spell trouble for more than just them. 

“Your friend told me you were all there. Look, Omen, you may not have been told but going into the ruins is something we avoid. According to our beliefs, those places are relics and domains of creatures that aren’t longma, and going into them may draw their ire or curses. You know us to be isolationists who don’t want anything to do with other creatures, and that belief extends to the ruins. It may sound strange or silly to you, but I ask that you understand where we’re coming from and why I am angry.” 

Ghilan came into this conversation expecting pushback of some kind given how odd and possibly silly the longma’s beliefs are, but they came to be for a reason. If anything, he only hoped that Sen, Lin, or Omen would respect it. Xin saw the siblings’ piercing glances aimed right at him, but he immediately stepped between them and the elder. 

“I know I said we should keep what happened to ourselves, but it may be better to have someone who may be more understanding if we came clean.” 

“And it is evident that you’re wrong! Why did you think it would turn out differently?!” 

“Because he trusts you? Or because he’s bending the rules a lot more than expected of any elder in his position? He’s already risking a lot by letting you back into the village.” 

“Regardless of what you all think, I’ve been told about what happened in there. As if there was enough to worry about, now there’s a chance the longma are targeted by creatures who want to enslave us. Omen, seeing as you are possibly the most level-headed and honest among everyone in here, are we in immediate danger or should we expect those creatures to come for us soon?” 

"I wouldn't trade our princesses for anypony else. They ain't perfect, but they're the closest to it that I can think of, and Celestia especially, have made sure to grow Equestria into the beautiful country it is today. I hope you'll get to meet them sooner, rather than later. I think you'll find them welcoming, and a rather awe-inspiring sight, I might add.

But you're best off to see, rather than hear. Been a pleasure talking with you, sir. I hope you'll find our capitol to your liking, and wish you the best of luck ahead. If you need a friendly face, come around sometimes. We got some free time here, and I don't mind trading stories."

It was quite unexpected to see guards like Tangle Growth being as open to sharing information like that. In olden times from long lost ages, guards didn’t speak as liberally, especially while at their posts. They knew their role and took it seriously, eschewing other tasks in favor of the one they were expected to do. Now, it feels rather refreshing despite how different the times are back then. Perhaps it may be related to Celestia and Luna’s rule; there was a certain level of ease they exuded that still commands respect from everyone. It was admirable among other things that made the populace look fondly on them. 

“Many thanks and a good day to you, Tangle Growth. We’ll keep what you said in mind.”

The golems smiled and bowed, their stature and form mimicking the bow they picked up from the longma siblings, before moving on and into the city. As they walked past the city’s walls and into the myriad of shops, there was a distinct ivory and gold color scheme throughout the place, a drastic difference from the other locales they had seen in the past. Though even some previous civilizations they’ve come into contact with have had identical color palettes, this one stood out. 

Odd looks and gazes were common, but this was about expected as part of their new reality. When others stared, the golems would smile and give an assuring nod that they weren’t dangerous. They may have an air of strangeness to them, but it wasn’t something that would get them down. For the most part, it did the job, and it put a lot of the locals’ fears and uncertainties to rest. Even the various guards that approached them had their concerns assuaged, as Scarcity’s presence added another welcomed layer of assurance. 

As they went through the town, the various boutiques and cafes were the standouts among the different businesses in operation. Canterlot Carousel, Silver Frame Art Gallery, and Restaurant Row were just a few of the places that caught the golems’ eyes within the main town itself. It was a far cry from the agorá of their times when stalls were mostly makeshift tables covered under tents; now the shopkeepers had properties and spaces for themselves. Even those who sold food had their own fully-fledged stores to prepare them instead of carting their products from somewhere else. 

"- and that is Marble Mane's new boutique. A delightfully bubbly mare, with access to such exquisite marble and porcelain, I simply had to have her install certain things of her creation in my own residency. The flooring is simply marvelous in the bathrooms now.

What think you of our fair town thus far? A little overwhelming perhaps? Less than you had thought? Be not shy to speak in honest of what you think, when you gaze around Canterlot."

“Overwhelming is one way to put it, Lady Scarcity. Daunting is also another word that comes to mind, but it is an interesting place nonetheless.” 

“Aside from the theater and library, I definitely would like to see the museum. And also the Silver Frame Art Gallery, if time permits. It would be interesting to see how art has evolved through the styles and mediums of various creators. Come to think of it, even the way you described Marble Mane’s boutique made it sound like they are artists in their own right; it is impressive.”

“Coming from a time when cities limited their opulence to the main buildings that wanted to draw visitors’ attention, seeing the entirety of a city’s buildings reflect that reputation is new and unexpected. An entire street dedicated to restaurants and another for clothing and boutiques were some things I didn’t think were possible. Does modern pony culture take pride in cuisine and fashion? I admit, past cultures didn’t place much emphasis on these things compared to now, but times are different.”

• Party! 1

@Blitz Boom

*Slipstream sat in thought for a while. He had a long list of goals he wished to complete, but not all of them were of major importance. Or ones he wished to disclose. Then he remembered a rather important one.*

"Actually, as a race lover I've always wondered why there was never a racetrack within walking distance of my house, so maybe my dream of the Everfree Speedway can be a reality! I'll have to ask the wildlife though. Wouldn't want to disturb them or anypony around them."

"A wise decision if I do say so myself. Ziggy what do you think?"

*Rich then noticed her perfume. It had the same minty scent as she did.*

"Heh, that must be popular at Christmas. The um, the mintiness I mean. And yeah, I do love cuddling fluffy things. I makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and happy. It's such a nice feeling to have, you know?"

*Slipstream began planning out the construction in his mind. It was often something he did to plan ahead of things. He wasn't much of a smart pony, so anytime Math entered the equation, he pushed it to the side and focused on the design itself.*

"Oh yeah, that'll look sick!"

• Party! 1

@EQ_Theta

On 2024-08-18 at 4:05 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Well, I suppose I can’t stop you from doing something to pass the time. The nights may be long if speaking with the hunters stationed at the outpost isn’t happening. Then again, if Shrimp prefers to sleep, there may be a small space we could find that he could use for himself.”

“It’s unconventional, but the outpost may have some resources we could use to have something ready. Just let us know what you’ll need, and if it can be prepared, we’ll do it.” 

"He seems to do okay, sleeping on my head."

Shrimp could get annoyed by loud sounds at times, but generally, he were a heavy sleeper, and long as he were sleeping on one of his caretakers, he felt safe enough to not bother others overly much, or have an urge to wake up. They'd been around plenty of creatures, and in strange situations, where he had just slept through it all. He liked snoozing on a nook or something at times, but for now, best to just have him sleep on whichever one of his caretakers he felt like in the moment. Which right now were Omen.

One could argue he were getting something coddled, but what else did you do with a hatchling, that were less than a month old?

“Your friend told me you were all there. Look, Omen, you may not have been told but going into the ruins is something we avoid. According to our beliefs, those places are relics and domains of creatures that aren’t longma, and going into them may draw their ire or curses. You know us to be isolationists who don’t want anything to do with other creatures, and that belief extends to the ruins. It may sound strange or silly to you, but I ask that you understand where we’re coming from and why I am angry.” 

"I do not understand why you are angry, or even what that is. Especially when you did not know what were there. But something bad did happen at the ruins...

No, I cannot understand why you were against it before you knew, but I can see why you do not like it now. It is one of those... Precautions, yes? A strange rule, that were there, to stop bad things from maybe happening.

Hmm, maybe I need to think about this some other time, but I will listen to what other rules you tell me, and obey, unless I see it hurts my friends."

understanding took time for her, on some things. Precautions on why you would have things down for something that you didn't even know were bad, just because it wasn't a you thing, were not something she could understand the rationale behind, but she were also a creature of chaos. Traditions and strict rules, were not exactly something she had been made to embrace.

“I know I said we should keep what happened to ourselves, but it may be better to have someone who may be more understanding if we came clean.” 

“And it is evident that you’re wrong! Why did you think it would turn out differently?!” 

“Because he trusts you? Or because he’s bending the rules a lot more than expected of any elder in his position? He’s already risking a lot by letting you back into the village.” 

“Regardless of what you all think, I’ve been told about what happened in there. As if there was enough to worry about, now there’s a chance the longma are targeted by creatures who want to enslave us. Omen, seeing as you are possibly the most level-headed and honest among everyone in here, are we in immediate danger or should we expect those creatures to come for us soon?”

Omen would stand completely still, and ponder this question for about a half minute. Turning it around in her head, whilst the only thing that moved on her, were her ever-flowing mane and tail. She didn't even blink, but just had her gaze on where Ghilan stood, as he asked her the question.

"...No. The kitsune took it away, and nothing more happened when we were there. I think it is fine, as long as no one goes there again. At least for now. But I can check some other time? They say my head is strange, so it can not hurt me the same way. Maybe that is useful?"

She were probably the only safe bet to go and check at some point, and check they would sooner or late have top. it were impossible to say if there were a change, without someone going there. But the longma were not safe to enter, and as were evident by what had happened, and Omen were the only outsider currently allowed to be here. That might change later, but for now, she were the only real option to make use of.

“Overwhelming is one way to put it, Lady Scarcity. Daunting is also another word that comes to mind, but it is an interesting place nonetheless.” 

“Aside from the theater and library, I definitely would like to see the museum. And also the Silver Frame Art Gallery, if time permits. It would be interesting to see how art has evolved through the styles and mediums of various creators. Come to think of it, even the way you described Marble Mane’s boutique made it sound like they are artists in their own right; it is impressive.”

“Coming from a time when cities limited their opulence to the main buildings that wanted to draw visitors’ attention, seeing the entirety of a city’s buildings reflect that reputation is new and unexpected. An entire street dedicated to restaurants and another for clothing and boutiques were some things I didn’t think were possible. Does modern pony culture take pride in cuisine and fashion? I admit, past cultures didn’t place much emphasis on these things compared to now, but times are different.”

"Canterlot attracts many a vendor with splendor in mind. The more prominent and peculiar, tend to end up getting stands towards the center of town, where it is more expensive, but if you are good, also more lucrative. Though some like myself, do enjoy a store that is a little further away. A little less noisy on the daily you see.

As for the art gallery, it is a little on the higher end, so you might get some looks by others, as you do not appear to be potential buyers. But worry not, none will question your want to see things, when I am there. Not that it is invite only. You will need to go to other places for that, but if you don't seem like a buyer, you will not get as much attention, if you for instance have questions. One does still need to run a store after all, yes?

It's a wonderful place though. Been a while since I was last there actually, so a visit might reveal something fascinating."

Scarcity enjoyed having some artwork at various places. her store, her homes, safe houses, etc. She were picky on what she liked though, and sometimes her choices did raise an eyebrow, but she thought of where certain things could fit, rather than just the name of the artist themselves. And frankly, she mostly had interest in the very high end paintings, when it came around the black market. Those tended to draw the eye, whereas most of the commonly accessible, were less tantalizing, one might say.

"In regards to the museum, it is open all days, including after the sun sets. Whenever it suits your want, we can go there. Just be aware that certain sections at night, are cast in faint light, as that is a time for thestrals and bat ponies to come and visit, and some of them have rather sensitive eyes. It does provide a different perspective though, if that is your want."

It used to be that it were only open in the day times, but with the gradual acceptance and inclusion of their leather-winged cousins, Canterlot did eventually make it so that a night staff handled guests in the late hours, so that they too could enjoy some culture. Cleaning were usually done in the slow hours, during the early morning, when nopony really were around.

"And to answer your question dear, equines do enjoy both food and fashion in notable amounts. With the more varied races we have connect with in recent years, more peculiar dishes have also entered the scene, making for more options for those who want to eat elsewhere than home, or it presents tourists from said races, places of comfort, where they can eat familiar dishes. There is of course certain things to keep in mind, due to the stance some equines have on eating meat, and there have been protests to some places, but the voices crying out about that are few, as the establishments that does serve that, tend to do so in sections where others then do not need to see it.

Clothes varies. We do not technically need to wear any, but many find comfort in doing so, or use it to stand out. Evening and business attire is also rather common, for higher end establishments. I dare say you might at some point, find some interest in clothes yourselves, though you would likely need things custom made, if it is not minor things such as capes, of ties. Most things are crafted with equines and griffons in mind.

Be that as it may, I have time to spare. What might you want for us to do first, hm? One of those establishments you already mentioned, or perhaps you would like to go and initiate formal paperwork first? There is no need to rush it really, but I am curious as to what you can agree on is the most desirable."

=============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

As he were talking, Magma had a notebook out and were taking notes. Her gaze did not leave him as he spoke though, as she had long since gotten to where she could write immaculately, whilst not looking at the paper. It were important in a lab setting, where you had to keep your eyes about you, in case something were seemingly amiss, or you managed to spot the Boom prodigy somewhere, so you could go and find a route that made it easier to avoid him. He meant well, but for a pony so smart, it were staggering how stupid he could sound sometimes.

"I do have a few questions, yes. Things related to the work, as it were."

The story were fascinating, but she had to keep this related to work, and as such, it were best to focus on what parts impacted their work. Of which a few things sprung forth for her.

"First off, you mention various aspects to the two sides of the princesses domain, in your world. We must assume then, that some of those beings will get through to various worlds, including ours. And they will not all be dead, as you can personally attest. As such, I would like to question if it were not wise to at some point sit down, and catalogue those beings of note you know of, so that in case one passes through, and are an issue - the horrors and nightmares for instance - we would sooner have a grasp on how to proceed? I am aware you say we are meant more reactively, than proactively, but what preparation we can have, should be taken, yes? This seems a readily available one, soon as there is time to do so, of course.

As a followup, if your princesses are ascended closer to godhood that mere alicorns, might I add what research I do know about gods, demigods, and the varying ways they work, into said files? There are a number of notable theories about why Equestria does not produce gods, like most other countries does, and a fair few are related to the alicorns, as we tend to have more than said other countries too. It might provide some information that can help us prepare better, in case it comes to the point where one of those things who ends up passing through, is one or more of said princesses.

The second question: As you say that your draconequui have been absent, since their rise to power, we can assume they either ran away, not wanting to be part of this, or were captured, and experimented upon, to gain more power from them. In case the latter is not the case, and thus they are less informed on how to deal with draconequui, might it not be prudent at some point, to visit the more notable, friendly draconequui, that is known to Equestria? In a worst case scenario, we may well need to have them prepared for a decisive strike at if not a corrupted princess or two, the option of one of your other alicorns, or something powerful of the kingdoms making, that manages to slip through. I can have a briefing prepared about the known allies of them that Equestria have, at a date of your convenience?

Lastly, I would like to know if we are meant to do research on the matter of your world collapsing? I have not personally partaken in anything, but I know one of the earliest members of the Boom clan in Center Zero, did do some research into the matter of crossing between worlds, and one of her descendants managed to tear a hole between worlds, but glimpsing something unexpected, that caused them to put a ban on research into anything of the like again in their family, into perpetuity. There might be some level of information to gander though, if I can gain access to the paperwork via the guards?

...Actually, I do have one more. You speak of things from your world, ending up here. But is it - far as you are aware - a one way ticket, or are there some indications that things or beings have also been going to your world?"

Those were her main things thus far, though she had made notes about the history she were told, and some of the map she had also been shown. There were plenty to digest here, but she felt confident that they would be able to rise to the challenges. It also helped her to know who more specifically to look for, when it came to future workers. Had to be those who could work on little preparation time, which were inevitably going to cut some candidates, but that were just one aspect. Several more had come in, that she would take into consideration, when finding worthy applicants.

=====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"...I swear, every time you talk about your homeland, it sounds like some post-apocalyptic wasteland, where the only ones left to fight over the remaining food, are the ones who killed of those who couldn't kill them first.

*sigh* I ain't saying I don't believe what you say, but it's still just... It sounds so depressing to me.

But I guess it'll always be hard for me to come to terms with, to some extend at the least. I come at it from the perspective, of one who grew up around a pack, and thus enjoy having others you can rely on, as well as having others rely on you. Graduating into roaming society at large after, I like what comes from beings at least tolerating each other to a certain extend, and don't try to make everything into a variation of *Kill or be killed*. Heck, even the most rural of minotaur tribes aren't that bad, and they're all about might makes right.

I'll try and keep things in reserve as best I can, and then focus mostly on stuff that's gonna keep us safe. I'm guessing fog and ice won't work too well, since they'll just break through bindings, and probably have high enough senses to where the fog won't do a thing. Probably gonna have to rely heavily on wind and thunder. Perhaps a little trickery too, if it's needed, but I'm really hoping that they'll just leave us be. I am still not keen on watching our kin be killed, and if it's younglings... I can't stay there, if that happens. I just can't."

She'd take a deep breathe after saying that. She knew that it were unlikely to happen, but just the thought... Even if they were more violent, she couldn't bear to see a young dragon die. They should frolic and enjoy life, not face an all too early end, with their last memories being of pain. It wasn't right.

Was she a softie because of those views? They could call her that if they wanted to, she didn't care. She couldn't live like that, nor watch it happen either. Just the thought were horrifying, and brought a pit to her stomach. Seeing it were...No, she couldn't handle that. It would simple be too much.

"Please promise me that if a youngling do come out to fight, to try and just warn them off. Or let me try to stun them. Even if they go after Charir, we can handle them, without killing them. Even if they are made of harsher stuff than they look like, from their age, it still doesn't sit right with me, to treat them like we do any prey animal.

What the adults do... I won't like it, but they'll make their choice, and at least they've lived a life.

Gawd, I'm getting mushy and rambling again. Don't mind me. I keep thinking the worst about this, when we're probably able to get through without too many issues, or anything remotely like I fear happening. Probably best to get some rest soon.

And.. I hope you don't think I don't trust you, Ruby. I do, I'm just paranoid about some things, is all. If it came down to it, I'd trust my life with you, and that's not something I've been able to say in honest for a long, long time."

She'd look right into Ruby's eyes as she said this, and she didn't show a hint of lies with this.. Which were special, as Leviathan had most of her life had issues with putting this much trust into someone. Sure she liked and respected some, and did trust many beings. But to trust her life to someone? That wasn't something she could remember really doing, since her adopted mother were still alive.

If the rest were ready to sleep, so were she. Frankly they could use rest, after the harrowing day they had.

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2024-08-18 at 1:39 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Doctors obsessed with titles sound like a danger for patients." Trox concluded, sure some kobold healers could be prideful too, but they got their pride from teaching others, rather than their own excellence, in fact, from Trox's experience, kobold healers were almost irritatingly modest, even for a kobold, hay, he had to constantly remind his own sister that she had saved his life. 

"Urgh, tell me about it. Being that stuck up is bound to lead to trouble, but will they think about that? Nooo. Heavens forbid that their standards are changed, or they have to listen to opinions from *lesser doctors*.

Like, they still save lives, but they grow stagnant, thinking that they know everything, and sooner or later that sorta thing goes and bite them in the flank. Which I don't really care about, but I do care about the patients that will be harmed because of that sort of attitude. Thankfully the dangerously arrogant ones are few, but man are they annoying to listen to. Pompous beings like that give real doctors a bad name."

She sounded frustrated, and frankly, she were. Doctors like that were more trouble than worth in her opinion, but she couldn't exactly do anything about that. Best she could do, were to stay clear of the prestigious places that they worked in, and focus on working in good places, like the school of friendship, she had now been hired in, along with the hospital in Ponyville. Much better, down to earth places, where that sorta arrogance didn't get you anywhere.

On 2024-08-18 at 1:39 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So I guess we'll see if it becomes relevant." Sheska remarked "Because let's be realistic, we live in middle of a forest, near a pony settlement, with no permanent kobold residents anywhere near; the likelihood that a kobold in such a state will make it to me alive in the first place, is close to zero." "And if I can be blunt, the wording of the question was purposeful, we didn't ask for permissions, only if it would be a problem." They were not Equestrian citizens, not in this world at least, and they would not make themselves such, as they refused to acknowledge any pony authority over themselves, not anymore; this whole address thing, it was just for convenience.  "But I believe that's everything right? We need to head to the tavern to Inform Chega that she can stop paying for our room." 

"Yes, I believe that would be all for now. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, and look forward to see what you will make of yourselves, as residents of Ponyville."

Might be they were not official Equestrian citizens, but that didn't change a lot. It did lock them out of certain social programs, yet nothing that they couldn't live without, and long as they made sure to still work for good purposes, and not try and indulge in tax avoidance, they would likely find themselves as model residents of Equestria. The mayor were not overly concerned for now at least, and mostly just curious and excited, to see what the two would make of themselves.

"Mind if I tag along? I don't have to work right now, and you're a fun bunch to be around. You never know, you might even start to like the company, hehe."

The doctor would pull her tongue playfully at them, and head towards the door. She certainly wouldn't mind some more friends, even if she had to mildly crash into their lives, rather than just sit around and wait for a call. They seemed like a couple of peculiar, but fun folks, and she were sure that given time, they'd open up, and maybe even enjoy hanging out. She could introduce them to some good music, and where to go for a good party, among other things. Wasn't just all medical stuff with her. She knew how to have fun.

=======================================================================

@Lawyer Slip

(welcome back)

"Oooh, I can actually help with the first one!"

Ziggy were bouncing gleefully in place, as she actually had something useful about the first issue, that were brought up. Two bits of information actually! This were gonna be exciting!

"If you want to talk to the wildlife, you need to speak with the dryad that moved into the forest. She speaks with the forest, and the animals. I heard she's super nice, and I bet also very huggable.

And also! I know of a race track. It's a bit off, but there's this forest, right? It's reeeeeeally big, and the whole area is split between three villages. And one smaller one, that I dunno a lot about. I just heard it was called Sanctuary. Anyway! The three major ones are a thestral town, a breezie town, and a pegasus town. And the pegasi have a big race track! They hold races there several times each year, and they love to race in general. I never been there, but I bet you'd have tons of fun there."

She had been in the thestral town though, for one of the many festivals they had going. It were pretty fun, though it had been a brief enjoyment. An attendant got sick, and as she were the closest doctor, she felt a moral obligation to help. When everything were finally said and done, the whole thing were over, but it was okay. The young minotaur had made it through with no complications, and that really were the most important thing. She could always come back some other time. It was just a matter of finding said time, y'know?

"Hehe, see? I'm plenty helpful, with more stuff than medicine.

And I dunno what this *christmas* thing is, but I know that I get more comment about my perfume around Hearts Warming Eve. Though it's mentioned every now and again. A few says it makes them feel hungry for snacks, hehe. I just like it in general though. The freshness is nice and fitting, and it beats smelling like... Uuuuh... Turnips? No, that's probably not a perfume. Roses and stuff. Nice smells too, but just not as minty fresh, hehe."

When Slipstream suddenly said something looked sick, her ears perked, and she looked in the general direction that he were, as he said that, now looking more alert and ready for action.

"Something looks sick? Where?! Did it slip into the forest?"

She'd take off, zig-zagging through the air in the general direction, looking for a sick animal or the sort. She had gotten herself a bit hyped up, and didn't think on what he had probably meant in the moment. She'd be back soon enough, more than likely. And it also appeared that wasn't the first time this happened, considering Fah'lina rolled her eyes, and began chittering away to her friend. Likely explaining what the pony's whole deal were.

If they didn't come for her, Ziggy would return after like, 4 minutes or so, with a lot of leaves in her short mane.

"I thought I saw a rabbit, and got my head stuck. But that's not important! Did you see a creature that were sick, or did you mean something looked sick, as in cool? Slipstreeeeeam? Tell meeeee."

She'd lean in as she said that, and lean over, so her head were more in their height as she spoke. Her tone suggested that she assumed the latter, but just wanted to make sure here. Just in case she had gone and overlooked something. Or rather, some one. Or somepony. Look, the details weren't important right now. Just the basics: Were this an expression, or were there a wounded creature somewhere?

• smile 1

@Blitz Boom
"When it comes to the various magic beings of the world, especially those of the night, there are few aspects which make them....irrelevant for our mission." "Firstly, cataloging them is an impossible task, for not only am I not aware of many of them, but they also do not follow any specific nature, as by their nature as nightmares, they are more psychological than physical, they are what you fear, what you will fear, what you don't want them to be; so to prepare for them, is to make them immune to your means of combating them." "Second, they draw their power from the cursed night, their horrors empowered by the glow of the cursed moon, something which does not exist here." "Simply put, if they were to come here, if not instantly vaporized by the sun, they can be chased away by bright enough light." "Which leads to the third thing, they exist here too, be it in lot weaker form, and mostly trapped in the dream realm, and Princess Luna has been dealing with them as long as she has ruled the night; thus they are easily combated with already existing means." "In general the natural creatures that may not exist here, are still just that, creatures, and pose no bigger threat than those that already exist here; thus our main concern is threats directly caused by the advancement of war technology and magic." 

"For the sisters, while of course all information you can gather is welcome, the unfortunate reality is that they are outside our capabilities, and will require action from the princesses and the calling on the elements of harmony, or whatever equivalent may exist at that time." "I have provided the princesses with all information on their counterparts I have, and will in future do so in case we find something useful, but if the worst comes to pass, we are to run and hide just like everyone else." It was probably not what Magma expected, but it was the truth, him, or really even someone like Sheez, going against their version of the sisters directly, was like a filly trying to take down Celestia and Luna in one to one battle. "The most we can do, is to aid with potential banishment, in case the elements are unavailable." "However there is one aspect of their power that we do need to prepare on relation to myself, but I'll go more to that soon."

"Draconequui in other hoof, are complicated topic." "I do not believe they were destroyed by the sisters, as they wouldn't be trying to hunt them down still if they had, however, Chaos magic has been studied closely, and while there hasn't been any success that wielding it in its full power, it is understood quite well...or at least as well as it can be, per its nature." "I am aware of the local allies, like Discord, even if I haven't had the honor of meeting him myself, and he is of course a consideration in our mission, however, we obviously have no say in the matter, as things like that are between him and the princesses." "However, if there are some more...minor individuals of his kind, I am willing to work with them more directly, as long as the princesses allow it of course." 

"Lastly, while it is an interest of mine, there isn't much research that can be done towards my world from here, as it would merely be speculation based on incomplete information, and it is not part of our duty." "However, if there is information you can request, then please do, as understanding the nature of the situation can help us to combat it" "And as far as I'm aware, all evidence implies that matter is only leaving our world." 

"Any further questions?" if not, Solar would get ready to continue to the next part of the briefing.  

---------------------------------

In another show of her excellent ability to read the room and relate to emotions, Ruby started with a thoughtful remark "I guess you could call it post-apocalyptic wasteland." "It is a wasteland, no doubt about it, the fact that life exists there in the first place is nothing short of a miracle; And our kind is descendant of long collapsed civilization." "And you are not wrong thinking it sounds depressing, Myself and Charir aren't exactly flowing with joy now are we?" she had no illusions about it, while she of course liked her old life to the extend of it being what she knew, she wouldn't have claimed that it made her happy, in fact, Charir interacting with Leviathan was the first time she had seen anyone from her kin visibly happy about something; the closest thing was satisfaction of victory. 

Then she addressed the more emotional stuff, and while she was her usual self, there was certain level of genuineness to her that wasn't there usually "While I can promise to try to spare them, as I do not take satisfaction from killing hatchlings either, I cannot promise I'm not forced to do it." "It is true that they are not prey animals, but, we are animals, and when cornered, animals do not act with reason." "And they, we, live by 'kill or be killed', mercy is unknown concept to many, the idea that someone spares you just because they don't want to kill you, is unheard of." "In the mind of most, to be spared, means that more suffering is planned." "And many times they are sadly right, even if not by the one sparing them, losing a fight and surviving, often makes things worse, I would know." the way she said the last three words was...bitter? "I will try my best to keep us out of conflict altogether, but the truth is, kindness goes to die in that place..." she looked Leviathan in the eyes, the cold, jaded killer staring from her amber eyes "...and only the monsters thrive." as much as Leviathan had tried to convince her otherwise, Ruby was still not any less of an monster than rest of her kin, yes, she was a monster that was trying to better herself, but there was over century and half of history behind those eyes, history filled with exactly what she was now trying to warn Leviathan about.

"I wouldn't blame you if you didn't trust me, I have made it no secret that I don't much care for your moral views." "Especially since my life in Equestria has been build on lies." Ruby admitted "However, I appreciate your trust, and assure it is not misplaced, for in all of my faults, I'm a creature of my word." she laid her head down on the ground as she laid down "But can you promise something to me in turn?" she looked at Leviathan "Whatever happens, prioritize Charir." regardless of her answer, or lack of it, Ruby would then close her eyes, Charir meanwhile, while not fallen asleep yet, had closed his eyes a while ago, as with fear and adrenaline finally fading away, he had become exhausted.

---------------

"You can tag along, but be careful, the last two ended up in the hospital, technically three, but Light's situation had nothing to do with us." "Though he did almost get himself injured with Sheez too." "The thing causing the injuries has been dealt with, but we do seem to pull trouble to our way." it was a combination of humor and a genuine warning. "But thank you mayor for help, and, we'll see you around, let's hope you won't see our names on your desk anytime soon again." The twins were then ready to leave if there was nothing else, and would do so. 

When outside, the covered their eyes from the sun with their hands, they still weren't used to the brightness outside "Can't wait to get out of the direct sunlight of this place." "Actually, what is the weather like here usually? Is it always this sunny?" they would walk at calm pace, the direction being the tavern.

• Party! 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2024-08-23 at 6:52 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I do not understand why you are angry, or even what that is. Especially when you did not know what were there. But something bad did happen at the ruins...

No, I cannot understand why you were against it before you knew, but I can see why you do not like it now. It is one of those... Precautions, yes? A strange rule, that were there, to stop bad things from maybe happening.

Hmm, maybe I need to think about this some other time, but I will listen to what other rules you tell me, and obey, unless I see it hurts my friends."

“Yes, I was taking precautions to make sure everyone is safe, but the way we see those ruins is ingrained into our beliefs as longma. Sen and Lin may not believe in them as much now, given how much time they spent away from the village, but not everyone will see things the way they do.”

“They needed to know, elder. What happened to their parents and what led to that are important to them; it’s why I asked them to come with me to those ruins. I have been going into those ruins so I can get the story right, so if you should be angry with someone, it’s me. Don’t take it out on them.” 

“I can’t have them or you going around breaking village rules just because you don’t agree with them. Look, as much as I agree with Omen about breaking rules that hurt others, I am in a difficult position. I cannot just look the other way if breaking a rule means others will get hurt later. Let me be clear, I simply ask that you all be careful and exercise good judgment, all right?”

The siblings didn’t expect to hear that, even being taken aback by what they just heard. Though it they were both convinced of Xin’s guilt, they didn’t think it would run so deep that he’d go against longma beliefs. It may have even gotten to Sen as he stood there, slack-jawed and silent. He truly meant his words, that he, rightfully or not, felt responsible for something so out of his control. 

"...No. The kitsune took it away, and nothing more happened when we were there. I think it is fine, as long as no one goes there again. At least for now. But I can check some other time? They say my head is strange, so it can not hurt me the same way. Maybe that is useful?"

“That’s good to know.” Ghilan and Xin collectively breathed a sigh of relief, the former even taking a moment to sit and catch his breath before standing up again. “If necessary, then perhaps you can go and have another look at the ruins but you have to make sure no one but us knows that you’re going. I don’t want anyone else getting ideas because they saw you enter the ruins.”

“I made sure to seal the entrance to the one we went to before Sen and the others left. The only ways in are through Omen’s gates or if someone were to break their way in.”

“Good. If you happen to visit the kitsune again, please send them my thanks. This whole situation could have spiraled out of control if it weren’t for their help. In the meantime, we should all finish our preparations. Bring whatever you’ll need and visit others in the village to let them know what’s happening. You all have connections in the village; I’m sure they’ll appreciate you checking in on them, especially you, Sen and Lin.”

“You’re right. I suppose that means we’ll have some folks to visit. We’ll see to it that we get it done.”

Ghilan didn’t need to spell out what he meant by his words. The siblings know that their grandfather is still out and about in the village plying his trade. Seems like they’ll all need to stop by and say hello, and Grandfather Zo would love a moment to sit and chat, learning about what his grandchildren will be up to in a few days’ time…

Or he might get cranky because the siblings haven’t been visiting. After all, it’s been quite a while since they’ve last seen each other.

As for the art gallery, it is a little on the higher end, so you might get some looks by others, as you do not appear to be potential buyers. But worry not, none will question your want to see things, when I am there. Not that it is invite only. You will need to go to other places for that, but if you don't seem like a buyer, you will not get as much attention, if you for instance have questions. One does still need to run a store after all, yes?

It's a wonderful place though. Been a while since I was last there actually, so a visit might reveal something fascinating."

Scarcity enjoyed having some artwork at various places. her store, her homes, safe houses, etc. She were picky on what she liked though, and sometimes her choices did raise an eyebrow, but she thought of where certain things could fit, rather than just the name of the artist themselves. And frankly, she mostly had interest in the very high end paintings, when it came around the black market. Those tended to draw the eye, whereas most of the commonly accessible, were less tantalizing, one might say.

"In regards to the museum, it is open all days, including after the sun sets. Whenever it suits your want, we can go there. Just be aware that certain sections at night, are cast in faint light, as that is a time for thestrals and bat ponies to come and visit, and some of them have rather sensitive eyes. It does provide a different perspective though, if that is your want."

“We are simply curious visitors displaced from our time, but I suppose none need to know that should we visit the gallery. Then again, high-class art galleries weren’t around in our day, so we may stand out regardless. My fellows and I are already out of place by virtue of our current forms. It might be wise for a first excursion to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to ourselves, even if we are simply admiring art.”

“You do realize that we are already drawing attention to ourselves, right? The odd looks and glances are very noticeable when we were walking around town.”

“…Drawing more unnecessary attention to ourselves. That said, we could stop by one place first before handling the paperwork. As much as we would like to get to work, one diversion wouldn’t be so bad. Is that something we can agree on, my fellows?”

Scriniarii turned to the other golems, who whispered among themselves about what they would want to do. As much as they seemed to agree on a lot of things, this one took a bit of time before they could reach a consensus. Magus would prefer to get started on work sooner, but Vates was more vocal about seeing a little more before getting to the heart of their agreement with Scarcity. Scriniarii didn’t have a preference and would be amenable to what the majority of his peers would decide upon, leaving someone else to become the tie-breaker. 

Be that as it may, I have time to spare. What might you want for us to do first, hm? One of those establishments you already mentioned, or perhaps you would like to go and initiate formal paperwork first? There is no need to rush it really, but I am curious as to what you can agree on is the most desirable."

“The museum sounds like an interesting place to visit. Though we have seen the passage of time and the rise and fall of different civilizations, I don’t think we’ve seen all of it.”

“And from a different perspective, if I may add. There is only so much one could glean from an orb. It will be quite a learning experience to see history based on what others have left behind, and Lady Scarcity’s description makes it sound more appealing. From what I’ve seen so far, it’s like the rest of the world came to this place, food and fashion included. However, I am rather biased because I prefer to visit out of a certain kind of… morbid curiosity.”

The golems’ eyes widened as they turned to Videntor; a morbid kind of curiosity? To think they knew him after all that time spent in the orb. Their glances became worrisome now that it was possible their fellow golem didn’t come out right after being given a new body.

But their worries wouldn’t be necessary as the golem would grin, dispelling the tension growing among them. “Don’t give me that look. I am simply curious to know if anything from our time survived to the present day. No harm in that, right?”

“I suppose.” The lead golem nodded and turned to Scarcity, convinced of the other golems’ sentiments. “Lady Scarcity, perhaps the food and clothes can wait another day, but I believe we can spare some time to visit the museum before we proceed with the paperwork. Our curiosity for history has gotten the better of us.”

• Party! 1

@EQ_Theta

On 2024-08-26 at 1:28 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Yes, I was taking precautions to make sure everyone is safe, but the way we see those ruins is ingrained into our beliefs as longma. Sen and Lin may not believe in them as much now, given how much time they spent away from the village, but not everyone will see things the way they do.”

“They needed to know, elder. What happened to their parents and what led to that are important to them; it’s why I asked them to come with me to those ruins. I have been going into those ruins so I can get the story right, so if you should be angry with someone, it’s me. Don’t take it out on them.” 

“I can’t have them or you going around breaking village rules just because you don’t agree with them. Look, as much as I agree with Omen about breaking rules that hurt others, I am in a difficult position. I cannot just look the other way if breaking a rule means others will get hurt later. Let me be clear, I simply ask that you all be careful and exercise good judgment, all right?”

"...Being in charge must be strange. Wanting something, but having to do something else, and thinking on how others sees things... It is confusing to me."

It were much simpler to just follow orders, in her experience. And yet, she had gone against that at times. But that were mainly when things went against her prime basics, such as actions that would hurt others, or rules that would cause bad things to happen, if she did not go against them.

Ghilan were in a much stranger position than her though. She were a follower. She had to think of only a few, and some core basics. Beyond that, she would obey best she could. But he were a leader. Perhaps not the highest one of them, bhut he still led this town, and had to think of many more. Give them orders, follow rules new and old, and by the sounds of it, he couldn't pick favorites. He had to think of the many, instead of the few.

Try as she might, Omen couldn't grasp the weight that his station put him in. Yet she understood that it were not easy, because he had so many that relied on him now, and that meant that things were very different for him, than someone like her.

"It is too complicated for me to understand, but I will listen, and do as I am told. It sounds like that is the best to do, yes?"

She assumed so at least. As said, she were a follower, like most of her kin were. At least initially. Mother were a leader. So were their masters, when they would get picked. Ghilan sounded like he were somewhere between that. A master of some, who had to follow the orders of others, but still think of the many like they did. Which were a thought process that were starting to clutter her head, as she couldn't wrap her mind fully around it, yet clung to it, as it seemed important. Best to have that stored in the back of her mind for now, and maybe later, it would all start to make a lot more sense.

“That’s good to know.” Ghilan and Xin collectively breathed a sigh of relief, the former even taking a moment to sit and catch his breath before standing up again. “If necessary, then perhaps you can go and have another look at the ruins but you have to make sure no one but us knows that you’re going. I don’t want anyone else getting ideas because they saw you enter the ruins.”

“I made sure to seal the entrance to the one we went to before Sen and the others left. The only ways in are through Omen’s gates or if someone were to break their way in.”

“Good. If you happen to visit the kitsune again, please send them my thanks. This whole situation could have spiraled out of control if it weren’t for their help. In the meantime, we should all finish our preparations. Bring whatever you’ll need and visit others in the village to let them know what’s happening. You all have connections in the village; I’m sure they’ll appreciate you checking in on them, especially you, Sen and Lin.”

“You’re right. I suppose that means we’ll have some folks to visit. We’ll see to it that we get it done.”

"I will go there alone sometime then, elder. I remember where it is."

Worst case, some rocks might get through to her home realm, and that really didn't do anything, except give her siblings something to play with for a time. It weren't like they would crush them. Or well it would, but that were just part of the game. They couldn't be hurt by such things.

And she did means he would go alone. She wouldn't allow the others, or even Shrimp there. Shrimp were small, but his head were probably normal, so he might get hurt. She would not let that happen.

"And I will let them know."

Her head tilted to the side for a moment, as she remembered something about that actually.

"The elders that helped Lin, said that they would like to meet you someday, and see this place. But they would not go here, until they were welcome. It sounded like they understood some of the ways the longma does things. But I think Sen understood more of it than I did."

He would likely find it an enlightening experience, but the kitsune elders understood that this were the longma's home, and that to start off the best with them, required them to be respectful of their rules, and boundaries. So unless something forced their paw, they would respect their want for seclusion, until such a time as that might change. Would it ever? Impossible to say, but one could always hope for change. They would at least, as the longma had drawn their curiosity.

"So we are not going yet? Okay then. We will see you soon."

She wouls raise a hoof to slowly wave, if there were nothing else, and then quietly follow Sen and lin. She hadn't anyone here to really seek out, beyond maybe the one she showed the small ponies to yesterday, but she weren't sure if maybe it were best to stay away, since the mean one might be there. Probably best if she simply followed along.

“We are simply curious visitors displaced from our time, but I suppose none need to know that should we visit the gallery. Then again, high-class art galleries weren’t around in our day, so we may stand out regardless. My fellows and I are already out of place by virtue of our current forms. It might be wise for a first excursion to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to ourselves, even if we are simply admiring art.”

“You do realize that we are already drawing attention to ourselves, right? The odd looks and glances are very noticeable when we were walking around town.”

“…Drawing more unnecessary attention to ourselves. That said, we could stop by one place first before handling the paperwork. As much as we would like to get to work, one diversion wouldn’t be so bad. Is that something we can agree on, my fellows?”

Scriniarii turned to the other golems, who whispered among themselves about what they would want to do. As much as they seemed to agree on a lot of things, this one took a bit of time before they could reach a consensus. Magus would prefer to get started on work sooner, but Vates was more vocal about seeing a little more before getting to the heart of their agreement with Scarcity. Scriniarii didn’t have a preference and would be amenable to what the majority of his peers would decide upon, leaving someone else to become the tie-breaker. 

Scarcity would smirk ever so slightly, at the notion that they would stand out, then followed up by the reality that they were, and that they were bound to be looked at. It were simply the nature of ponies. They were curious sorts about others, and especially things they did not know, tended to draw the eye, if they noticed it. But the novelty would eventually go away, and they would blend in with the crowd, like so many others before them had. Best one could do, were simply to accept it, and then proceed as if everything were fine. The more natural one acted around others, the easier it were to be part of the collective, so to speak. At least in regards to Canterlot. Different places were not all the same after all, but it functioned rather well here.

She would let them talk among one another, and wait for them to return with a decision. Gave her time to speak with a familiar figure around town, that had passed by briefly. That of Fleur De Lis. Not that she had much of a want for old things, regardless of the condition they were in, but as with most high standing socialites, their ways did cross every now and again, and Fleur did at times appreciate what Scarcity knew, that would come around some of the vendors in town. At times, it gave her a chance to go and get the newest fashion, barely before the store had a chance to present it in the first place.

It was one of those win-win situations really. Fleur got a chance to get to something while it were fresh and be a trend setter, or one of the first in Canterlot to adopt the new style, or gain that new must-have item, and in return, Scarcity would benefit via good will from the stores. Fleur were a very notable figure after all. Having her adopt something early, tended to make others want to follow, and soon the sales would show it too. So a few words here, and few words there, and everyone were happy. Scarcity retained her good connections, that could benefit her via information she needed regarding other things, Fleur would get what she wanted, and the store owners would see profit. So a win-win-win situation in fact, if you wanted to be technical about things.

In the brief time she spoke with her, Fleur were told what Scarcity had heard. That the new jewelry, that had been popularized in Saddle Arabia not too long before, were beginning to be sold to Equestria, and a certain jeweler had been so thrilled, that he simply had to tell somepony about it. Information that she now passed along, to somepony that she knew would appreciate it. A minor notion of meeting for tea someday, when neither were busy, and a farewell, and they would part ways. Gave her a bit more time to simply observe things around her, until the group were done, and seemed to have come to a consensus.

“The museum sounds like an interesting place to visit. Though we have seen the passage of time and the rise and fall of different civilizations, I don’t think we’ve seen all of it.”

“And from a different perspective, if I may add. There is only so much one could glean from an orb. It will be quite a learning experience to see history based on what others have left behind, and Lady Scarcity’s description makes it sound more appealing. From what I’ve seen so far, it’s like the rest of the world came to this place, food and fashion included. However, I am rather biased because I prefer to visit out of a certain kind of… morbid curiosity.”

The golems’ eyes widened as they turned to Videntor; a morbid kind of curiosity? To think they knew him after all that time spent in the orb. Their glances became worrisome now that it was possible their fellow golem didn’t come out right after being given a new body.

But their worries wouldn’t be necessary as the golem would grin, dispelling the tension growing among them. “Don’t give me that look. I am simply curious to know if anything from our time survived to the present day. No harm in that, right?”

“I suppose.” The lead golem nodded and turned to Scarcity, convinced of the other golems’ sentiments. “Lady Scarcity, perhaps the food and clothes can wait another day, but I believe we can spare some time to visit the museum before we proceed with the paperwork. Our curiosity for history has gotten the better of us.”

Scarcity did not share in the concern that the others had. Certainly there were some kinds of morbid curiosity that were troublesome, but the context were important. And as were shown, there were a rational explanation to it. The want to see if your own, dead culture had somehow gotten into the hooves of others, and now stood on display somewhere. An understandable level of curiosity, though she would keep some ears out, in regards to Videntor. It might be nothing, but there were the chance that he were a darker soul, than his fellows were aware, and were simply trying to hide it now. Unlikely as it might be, it hurt not to just send word out to inform her of things happening, around sights of him in the future, just in case. Some issues could be handled, were they taken care of promptly, and it would be such a hassle, if he became a general liability.

"A wise choice. As is so often said, one must remember the past, to reach the future. Mostly that is in regards to the mistakes of old, but there can be many interpretations.

Follow me then, and we shall be there soon."

It would not be a long trip, before they could see the museum. The place were very large, and the sign above the main entrance were near impossible to miss. The entrance were also second to only the palace, in regards to the size. It were for looks in some regard, but it served well these days, to allow for beings of larger species to have a look too. including some of the larger dragons, though they didn't usually come here. Too easy to squish someone by accident.

"Here we are. I am certain that you will find this interesting, going through the various time periods,, areas, and of course, the unknown section. The place where things reside, whose origin are not understood. If I were to hesitate a guess, your best chance at finding something of your time, might well be in there."

"Ah, new exhibits? Curious, yes. Quite curious."

A pony would approach them, after having wandered out of the main entrance. He carried himself in a fading brown tweed jacket, with short, frazzled hair, and a tail that were so long that it were tied up into regular lengths, then curved back to be tied near the base, five separate times, making his tail seem as if it were made out of five large, muddy raindrops in a cluster. He also wore rather large glassess, seemed to be around his mid forties, and his hazel-brown eyes were focused fully on the statues as he spoke, before speaking to Scarcity.

"Scarcity, hello. I see you have brought new statues? Can't say I were told, no. A surprise donation, I take it?"

It was around there that he would notice they were moving. Potentially they even talked to him, which made him take a step back in surprise, with his eyebrows raising. Something that Scarcity would meet with a short, pearly laughter.

"None of the sort, professor. I had intended so, but my charming new friends here are quite aware, and a little too lively for your exhibition. Though they are interested in seeing the museum, and witnessing the wealth of story on display. Perhaps a tour that would benefit from a more knowledgeable pony than I?"

That seemed to perk him up a little, and he'd push his glasses a little further up his face, before nodding, and then turning his attention fully to the golems again.

"Yes yes, of course. I would be delighted to.

Ah, my apologies for before too. I am not used to statues being overly lively. You caught me quite of guards.

I'm Professor Gears. But you can call me Rusty, if you so please. I work here as one of the Canterlot Museum's head of antiques. My department are mostly things from long dead civilizations, and depictions of ancient gods, creatures of note- So on, and so forth. Welcome to the museum."

He didn't bow, but he did give a small smile, and tried to look as friendly as he could, though a slight nervousness were spotted. Perhaps because he worried he had offended them before, but who knew? He might just be a nervous sort, or way out of his depth, as his history didn't tend to be as animate as they were.

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"That have helped clarify a few things. Thank you for that, sir.

I will keep that in mind, and I will prepare some overviewing papers on the known draconequui in Equestria. After the important work is done first, of course. Though as a mention, two of them that I currently know of, are working with individuals in an area as is, so there are likely agreements put in place already. I will make sure to dig into that, and have it mentioned in the files if I find it."

There weren't a lot of well known ones, but Equestria were home to a few of Discord's kin, that were probably lower ranked than him. He were considered the prime draconequui for a reason, and so having him on their side, were certainly a boon. But the rest were not exactly worthless, and could well come in hoof, if the situation required it.

She'd have everything she needed to know dotted down, with her notes taking up several pages already. Just meant she listened, and wanted to be thorough, though in this regard, there were not much more she could ask, in regards to things. He had answered her inquires well, and thus she knew the answers to her questions. It would be for him to evaluate, when time were. She would first need to have everything done that were waiting, before she could come to that though, so it would be some time before she'd know that.

With everything scribbled down, including answers, she would nod slightly, and sit ready, pen in hoof.

"I am ready when you are, sir."

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan winced at times, hearing more of the reality of where they were going. She appreciated the honesty, truly did, but it just sounded worse every time she heard about it. At this point she practically expected to be tackled and have her throat chewed out, as soon as she set a single claw in their land. A bit of an exaggeration, but not much of one, she'd argue. it were feeling like it were going that way, or at a minimum that it weren't a completely unrealistic chance for it to happen. Which were rather messed up, she'd say. Even from a different perspective and all, it sounded miserable, since even Ruby sounded more and more like she detested it.

Yet at the same time, she were a product of the place. A battle-hardened dragoness, far Leviathan's junior in years, but with notable more combat expertise, and definitely more dangerous. Might be that she could summon a thunderstorm that could wreck havoc, but magic amplifying things were hardly fair, and yet Ruby could likely still do comparable damage, to what her magic could. Given enough time at the least, though she'd rather not think about her going on a widespread rampage. That sorta thing tended not to go well for the perpetrator in Equestria.

As the notion of trust came up, Leviathan did not simply stand still and listen anymore. She actively wandered closer to Ruby, closer her eyes, and put her head on her leg. Or wing. Or whatever were right in front of her at this time. She said nothing, but she hoped her action spoke for itself. That she did truly trust Ruby with her life. And she could have let it be at that, but then, Ruby had to take it further, and ask for her word in return, as she laid down, and prepared to sleep.

Once she had asked it, her eyes were already closed, though there had been a brief moment where Leviathan opened her own, where their gaze could meet. She could almost swear that she saw a small glimmer of tenderness in those large, reptilian eyes, as she spoke... And then it faded, her eyes closed, and the older dragoness were left to wonder if perhaps she had just imagined things. Yet that were a thought, that would follow her to her sleep, whilst right now, she would place a hand on the bridge of Ruby's nose.

"I promise. Sleep well."

An intrusive thought passed by, as she said this, but it were thankfully brief, and left her with room to yawn herself, and stretch, before going over to Charir. She'd put a hand on him, scratching his head as she had done a few times before, then lay down with her tail wrapped around him as much as it could, and laid down on the ground.

It had been a horrible day, but they had gotten through it together. Hopefully for what were to come, they would be able to do the same.

===============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The mayor had nothing more to say, and would simply wave at them with a smile on her face, as they got on their way. She still had plenty to do, as were often the case for her. The role of a mayor, were not one of idleness, much as some would believe it so. She did have actual work to complete, and places to be when it were done. Yet it were all done for the home that she loved, so she would most of the time, do it with her head held high, and a smile on her face.

She did have times when she wanted more though. Some sound in her home, when the working day were done, but things were seemingly changing there. If nothing bad happened, perhaps her days would lighten up further soon enough. But daydreaming didn't get her far, it were time to work.

Outside, Neon would at first take a deep breath with a smile on her face. But then as she looked at them, wanting to respond to their warning, she noticed the way they were acting, and the smile stiffened on her face.

"Please do say if the sun gets too much, okay? We'll figure something out then. At the very least seek some shade, until it passes.

And uhm... Yeah, bad news on that, for you anyway. It is mostly sunny here in Ponyville. The weather team tends to keep it that way. But there are days of rain, cloudy, etc. too. If it were always sunny, it would be bad for the plants. They need water after all, but they make sure that the weather don't go all chaotic and critical. Which a fair bit of time means going after budding storm clouds and such. You might need some sun glasses and... Actually, does sunscreen work for you? I don't wanna make assumptions, but I'm thinking... No? Moisturizer perhaps? I don't want to push something, but I don't want you to feel like you're cooking, every time you go outside."

She were a doctor. She were focused a lot of on the health of others, and didn't enjoy seeing others in discomfort. And they were definitely not dealing with the sun well. Something she hoped that maybe, there were something for? A salve? Some lotion? Potentially some dark clothes? She knew where to get some good dark clothes for obvious reasons.

"And don't worry about what happened to some others. I'm sure it were just misfortune that struck there. And it's not like they died. They're getting excellent care, and are on route to making full recoveries. I can imagine they'll track you down when they're up on their hooves again, to make sure you're okay, but they're still in recovery. You have some breathing room until then."

She'd make sure not to take the spot closest to the street, so maybe they could go and seek shade when they wandered near buildings. The sun didn't bother her in the slightest, but for them... Well, thestrals who ventured out during the day, did sometimes have trouble too, and the shade helped. This might be worse though, but the same base idea might apply.

There would be no issues reaching the inn, with no one even trying to stop them, or shoot at them.