open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@,

"H-hi... Energetic, aren't you?" Jackie scooted just an inch away from the open end of her booth and resettled, a little uncomfortable. She didn't have anything against friendly ponies, but she wasn't a fan of parties, especially ones thrown for no reason. She could never have fun at them, for some reason.

Maybe he was just joking. Sure, Pinkie was all about parties, but to just thrown one because someone was sitting alone? The only good that would do is... Jackie couldn't think of a good reason. "There's really no need for a party, I'm sure."

(edited)

@,

"Aaawh, there's always things to be thankful for, and when there's that, there's a room for festive times. Like how you were sitting all alone and now we're making sure you're feeling welcome. Plenty to be happy about there, right?"

Ziggy moonwalked towards the side of Jackie again with a big grin on her face. She loved when things happened, and this mare... She just Really wanted to squeeze her since it just looked so cute with all the awkward going on. Frankly it was hard to resist, but she looked like it might make her run off to do so.

@,

Briar wasn't following in what exactly was going on. From what he could gather, there was somepony that was talked to by Storm, and another pony whose voice he couldn't place. What exactly the conversation had been about all the way was lost on him though, as it seemed to derail from it's path a little to now include partying and such in the talk.

He was tempted to ask Grey if he found reason in this, as he seemed not to be part of this, but for the time being, perhaps it would be the better for him to simply be quiet, and observe what was going on. At least for now.

@,

@,

"I've been fighting since I could walk, and where I'm from, we don't get away with being sloppy with the training Blizz. But hey, I'll eat my words if it turns out he's still better."

After the response to the frosty pony she turned her gaze towards the one that had issued the challenging words, Caliber and his tempting words.

"As for you Caliber, I'd have gone for the challenge right here and now even, but the doctors told me to give it a rest until this was healed up, so it'll have to wait."

She pointed towards the stitching going the length of her stomach. The direct words from the doctors on this had been more direct, and included the words *crazy* *lethal* and so many variations of *calm* that it was hard to tell where to begin. She wasn't an idiot though, and got the gist of what bad things could happen if she started something these days, which was a pity. You never knew how many times you'd get a chance at the fourth best in Equestria after all.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom@,

Blizzard replied, "And I was taught how to fight since I was a colt by my grandfather, Iceberg Chill. One of the best Equestrian War generals of all time. AND I've been training myself in combat ever since he went missing. But you seem like you got good combat credentials too. I like combatants."

@@Blitz Boom, @,

"No, seriously, its not necessary..." This wasn't good. At the rate things were going, she was going to get a party whether she liked it or not. The last thing she needed was to feel self-conscious, but how do you convince two party lovers to NOT throw a party?

Maybe if she finished her food quickly, then she could sneak on out. She would eat it elsewhere, but it was too hot outside and wolfing it down in the sun was liable to get her a tummy ache. Her eyes darted between Ziggy and Storm, even resting on Briar for a moment. What could she do?

caliber laughed a little. "i may not have been training since i was a colt, but Ruk's training made up for lost time." he paused, and shivered. "alls i know, is that no pony can make another pony train like Ruk can. guy made me almost stronger than an earth pony, and im a unicorn!"

caliber looked at the wound, "ouch. and too bad, i was really looking forward to fighting you."

@,

@,

"There's time enough, and I'd chance it if it hadn't already gone up twice frankly. Better stitching now, but bled enough from it for my taste."

Last heard their words about this Ruk pony, and what sounded like a pro at his field. Was one that Caliber had mentioner earlier as well as one of those above his skills. Interesting to hear, and likely something to be smart about and write behind her ear.

"Sounds like you both got some good training on your hooves as well, so it sounds like Caliber here ain't the only one to have a go at when things are working right again. Nothing like a challenge after all."

She grinned slightly at them, then started to wander a few steps towards town. If she stood still for too long, she might still chance it and go down in glory, considering she wasn't the best to handle idle hooves.

@@Blitz Boom, @,

Blizzard chuckled, "Hehe, yeah this guy Calibro and I are pretty famous. I mean we even once helped the princess herself by going into Tartarus! And look at us now, we're still alive. Isn't that right bro? Up top! Don't leave me hanging!" Blizzard reached his hoof out to Caliber for a brohoof.

@,

Last Stand stopped, and looked at Blizz with a more serious look, eye narrowed more than normal. The comment he had made was perhaps something she needed to be very aware of, as it had been a royal pony that had brought her to this area to begin with, in search of her helpers. These two where not some of those, but still... There could have been other times, ad other helps.

"What princess?"

@@Blitz Boom,

Blizzard dropped his brohoof attempt and said to Caliber, "Whoops, gimme a sec here bro. *turns to Last Stand* Caliber and I were both once called to action by Princess Celestia herself to retrieve a relic that she had taken from her into Tartarus. It was a gruesome battle, but our team managed to make it out alive. As far as the Princess herself, she's the Princess of the sun. She's responsible for us having sunlight every day. I'm surprised you don't know her."

(edited)

caliber grinned, and returned the brohoof. "yeah, buddy. i haven't forgotten that!"

"and, yeah. it was some of the few times i was concerned i might not survive. but what happened? we got the amulet, and we were welcomed back with honors." he grinned. 

"but...i dont know if we should tell you more than that, its supposed to be top-secret."

(gotta go, bye!!)

Edited by PeytonJay
  • Brohoof 1

@,

@,

Last looked a bit more relaxed after hearing what Blizz had to say.

"I know her, but she is not the only royalty, and not the one who I have pledged my loyalty towards. Her majesty, Princess Luna, is."

At her home, they knew well of Celestia, and the sacrifice she had been forced to make after her majesty had turned into Nightmare moon. There was no bad feelings towards the princess of the sun for that thing, and she was seen upon as not only the princess of the sun, but somepony of great mental fortitude, for being able to do what had to be done.

Yet at the same time, they had been pledged to service for Princess Luna for 1000 years. Even if she had not been there, and had been banished to the moon, their duty or allegiance had not changed. As such, when she had heard Blizz say that a princess had asked for their help in something that had taken them into the fabled Tartarus itself, she had thought that perhaps they had been working for her as well. It was still a great honour to have helped Princess Celestia, but it was not who she had thought.

"Tradition where I was from. From before Nightmare Moon rose until she was vanquished and her majesty returned to us, we have pledged our allegiance to her, even if we have always looked with great respect upon Princess Celestia. I can't imagine the honour it must have been to work for her in an important task like you went through."

@@Blitz Boom,

Blizzard leaned in and whispered, "Between you and me, I kinda like Luna more too because of her personality. *backs up and speaks normal* But anyway, yeah it was kind of a tough one, but it's no big deal. I mean yeah, sure Caliber and I now know the princess personally, and I realize how awesome and honorable that is, but at the same time, it's nothing to brag about. And like Caliber said it's top secret, so I reaaaally shouldn't say anymore on that. But yeah."

@

"So what kind of party would you like?" Storm asked curiously. "And what cupcake flavor~!?" Pinkie called. "Right." Storm affirmed, "Not to mention muffin flavors, and orther treats you like, and streamer colors and stuffs, lots and lots of stuff go into making sure everypony has a good time ya know!" He grinned.

"sometimes i eat cake with celestia." caliber piped up. "have you have royal cake before? that stuffs to die for!"

he looked at the others. "but, yeah. celestia said she might cut me off if i tell too many ponies about what happened. so..." he shrugged. "im heading to sugercube." he started walking off.

@, @@Blitz Boom,

Blizzard looked up, "Huh? Calibro wait up!" He then skates up to Caliber and walks alongside him, "Let's see, that's like five thousand new ponies met in one day? Man we're on a roll as far as getting friends here. I wonder why. I guess we must be doing something right."

(edited)

@,

"Everybody but me, it seems like." Jackie didn't think she was gonna get out of this she she might have to just deal with it. It the party was inevitable, then she would do her best to keep it simple. Or maybe big was good and she could sneak out? No, that was rude. She would rather just flat out refuse than to sneak off from a party thrown for her. "Um... A quiet party would be okay. I'm not really big on parties... And any kind of cupcake is fine. I'm not too picky." She looked back down at her food and chewed it absentmindedly.

Edited by x0jackie0x

@,

@,

"Ooooh, then it needs to be all sorts. Pink ones, orange, rainbow, glittery, fruits sugar, all sorts of goodies!"

Storm and Pinkie was getting infectious it seemed as Ziggy joined in on the talk about how awesome it would be with the party, but how could you not be drawn in? Parties were cool after all. They were fun, social, full of ponies to have only happy times with. There was simply nothing bad about it. You could even wear little paper hats! How could anything get bad when you could wear that?

Briar was frowning very slightly though from his *viewing* position at how forced things were starting to sound, but it still sounded like it was in good terms, so... For the time being he would stay passive, and see how things would go from here. The subject of the other's attention had started to sound like she were coming slowly around to the idea as well, so they would see.

@,

@,

Last stand nodded and followed the two of them on their way.

"If you have been asked to not speak of it, I will not ask more on it."

Even though she was frankly extremely curious about the situation. Yet, it had been by order of the royal house to keep it down, and she could understand the need to follow an order from there. Hopefully, a time would come where she could learn more, though she wasn't gonna find it too plausible.

"Mind if i ask, how is Princess Celestia in person? There are stories were I'm from, but there isn't anypony there who actually met her."

@@Blitz Boom,@,

"Yeah, sounds... sounds good." Maybe she shouldn't be so introverted, but it was difficult to control that. She hoped her being distant didn't come off as rude during the party. The one strange pony was frowning a bit. Why? Maybe he could tell what was going on with her? Maybe if she tried to get his attention...

@@@Blitz Boom,

Storm looked at Jackie intently, "Maybe we shouldn't throw her a party..." He commented after a couple minutes.

"WHAT!?" Pinkie screeched from the kitchen just before a pink blur rushed out and rammed into Storm, knocking him to the ground with the pink pony on his chest. "What do you mean no party!?"

Storm shrugged, "Well look at her, she seems just a bit... Fluttershy-ish at the idea of parties. Chances are she wouldn't really enjoy it, remember the first few times you threw Fluttershy's party?"

Both party ponies looked up into the air as they remembered that first party, and the two after it. Pinkie hadn't thought about the fact Fluttershy would be scared of it until after the third one, because who could be scared of a nice party?

Pinkie nodded slowly with a thoughtful look adorning her cute muzzle, "Okie Dokie Lokie..."

Storm got to his hooves as Pinkie got off him, before turning towards Jackie. "Do you want us to call off the party?" he asked with a small smile.

"well, celestia usually just...hangs around her throne room." caliber said, "she writes her papers, dies her royal duties, and whatnot, but other than that, she just waits for stuff to happen." he shrugged. "she eats cake from time-to-time, too."

he continued walking.

@@Blitz Boom, @,

Blizzard nodded in agreement with Caliber, "Yeah pretty much what he said. Don't get me wrong, the princess is sweet, she's just a little bit boring. But that doesn't mean she's not important. She, along with Luna, is what keeps Equestria going. Although there have been rumors about her flank being huge due to the cake she eats. I think it's half true. :lol: "

"Ah mah gawd, thank you!" Jackie threw her head back and leaned her back against the seat. She was so relieved. "I didn't know how to say it without being rude! No, I do not want a party. One, I don't want you to waste your time on me. Two, I get so uncomfortable at them. No offense, but I'm just not up for one. However... company isn't bad."

(edited)

@

Storm nodded with a smile, "No problem!" He chirped happily, "Sorry about that, but Pinkie and I just tend to get really excited about new friends" Storm informed her, gesturing to Pinkie, who was walking back to the kitchen, and himself with a grin. "So sometimes we get a bit too overeager, just let us know when we do and we'll back off a bit."

Edited by Storm Shine

(edited)

@,

@,

"Aaawh okay. Perhaps another time then?"

Ziggy looked moody for about a third of a second before she perked up again. Although she was not going to see what parties the other two could make, and she would have to wait with the tiny hats, the other pony had at least not said something against company, so there was at least still some fun that could be had with this new friend.

Behind her, the slow walk of Briar got closer and she turned just in time to see him place himself with his muffin at a table that was adjourned to this, though he was not sitting down at it. he figured there was still a need for some space for the other pony. Yet at the same time, he thought it perhaps best to be nearer if he were to take note of things better, and now that the storm had cleared, it seemed like the best moment for such an action.

"It is good to hear that you have all settled on even ground. It does make for quite a better experience after all.."

He bowed his head slightly towards the general direction of them all as the alluring tone carried his words towards them. His teeth were not as showing at this point, as he seemed to have heard the unknown mare being in enough distress, but the tips could still be seen as it was near impossible for hi to make any smile without showing them off, though it should not be enough to make it an issue.

After what was said and done though... he did wonder what this sugary treat he had bought at the counter tasted like, so he unpacked it and took a small gnaw off it. It would have to be near pure nectar to be perfectly sweet, but the layers of different sweetness did make this a valid substitute, this he would grant the shop with no problem and be happy about his meal.

@,

@,

"Huh.... Well, I suppose the ages of having to fend fiercely for the kingdom is far into the past for her and maintaining the balance holds more weight."

She didn't know what she had expected anyway, but something more... Fierce had been the ideal. Celestia needed to maintain the balance, and there was a general peace in Equestria, yet still she had figured that just maybe, there was more to it than simply this. *sigh* Things were never as you had expected them she supposed, but at least the stories would still remain.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom,@,

(Ah, hell, my bad, guys.)

Now that that was taken care of... might as well start getting to know these ponies. They seemed like a nice bunch and at least knew when to hold off on the drop-off-a-hat parties that this town was so accustomed to. She guessed it could be worse. "So... stupid question, but y'all come here often?"