technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

The 960 was really disappointing. It doesn't even come close to the 970 yet it's quite pricey.

It seems to perform around the same or lower than a r9 280, which is a cheaper option.

Or you could throw in a few extra bucks to get the r9 290 with vastly better performance.

The thing that get's me is that WE STILL haven't gotten 4GB(or at least 3GB) in a budget card like this when we're inching towards games requiring it. 

So, I've been giving more time to Shadow Warrior Redux and I had forgot how good some of these old FPSs are.

The remake is pretty good as well, bad optimization and some frame-dips aside. I've caught myself laughing out-loud at it a couple times. 

• Brohoof 2

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

The thing that get's me is that WE STILL haven't gotten 4GB(or at least 3GB) in a budget card like this when we're inching towards games requiring it. 

So, I've been giving more time to Shadow Warrior Redux and I had forgot how good some of these old FPSs are.

The remake is pretty good as well, bad optimization and some frame-dips aside. I've caught myself laughing out-loud at it a couple times. 

If you like old school FPS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28oQvaL7Mg

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully AMD will release a budget card with at least 3GB RAM. If they do I might consider it for another PC.

Hopefully AMD will release a budget card with at least 3GB RAM. If they do I might consider it for another PC.

But if I go AMD I don't get Shadowplay...

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

This would be a TV gaming machine, so Shadowplay wouldn't be as important.

Then yeah, AMD would be the way to go because price. 

-Duncan McLeod.

Apparently this is how much it costs to replace a virus-infested PC.

img-3425644-1-x6OWJEW.jpg

Also, notice how all the PCs in the backdrop are workstations.

Wow, talk about cheapskates. I don't even think they are worth that much money. 

I were to buy a new graphic card, which would be a good choice? 

• Brohoof 1

sig-30638.sig-30638.sig-30638.sig-30638.

//// My persona and OC: Candy Star //// Ask me anything: Ask Candy Star //// My Music ////

//// My DA: (OC requests available) ////

If you want a 4 player co-op game with a fantastic singleplayer that'll last you for hours, look up Project Eden.

Actually, workstation-grade parts are expensive. As an example, an Intel Xeon E5-2697W v3 costs $2706 according to ark.intel.com. You can buy my entire desktop twice for that amount of money, accessories like the mouse, keyboard and monitors and the operating system included, the only difference being that with the Xeon you'd just be getting a processor while with my desktop you'd be getting a complete machine. Twice. Workstation GPUs such as the nVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan or any of the Quadro series, or AMD's FirePro GPUs also fetch similarly high prices, excluding the Titan, which is $1000. For general use, it's entirely possible to build a desktop for as low as $350, and it sure as hell won't cost $4838 to remove viruses from it, but for workstation use you have to pay.

R7 260X and above for AMD, GTX 750 Ti and above for nVIDIA. There really is no "best" GPU brand, each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

I'm trying to get back into pc gaming, but only have a Dell Latitude D530, the specs are right here: Dell Latitude D530 Specs

I know this won't make much of a gaming platform, but its the only thing i can afford right now until i can build my own.

Edited by Candy Star

//// My persona and OC: Candy Star //// Ask me anything: Ask Candy Star //// My Music ////

Seeing that it goes for around 90-120, I don't think you can whip anything up that'll do far better considering that if that's all they can afford, honestly, I would just keep saving.

TheMoon_banner4_sm.jpg

I'm trying to get back into pc gaming, but only have a Dell Latitude D530, the specs are right here: Dell Latitude D530 Specs

I know this won't make much of a gaming platform, but its the only thing i can afford right now until i can build my own.

You can't upgrade the dell, it's a laptop.

I'm not sure what i'll set it too yet, i'll let you know when i have an idea.

All right, thanks. I read way too much into this shit, if I'm unfamiliar with anything that's unlikely.

I said i would use it for lower gaming, never for a pc gaming device. That was meant for when i build up a decent desktop.

Ah. Alright, seems legit. If you need help with the desktop just holler here.

Can i get from you an idea of what this would do:

High end: 
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 
eVGA 680i motherboard 
2gbs G.Skill DDR2 667 RAM 
eVGA 8800 GTS video card 
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card 
600 watt power supply 

I want to make sure i'm not making a mistake.

Also thinking of using Tec cooling for it as well.

High end: 

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 

eVGA 680i motherboard 

eVGA 8800 GTS video card 

600 watt power supply 

lolno

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227595&cm_re=gtx_750-_-83-227-595-_-Product

thats probably your best bet if you wanna go prebuilt on a budget

High end: 

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 

eVGA 680i motherboard 

eVGA 8800 GTS video card 

600 watt power supply 

That was high-end in 2007, but in 2015 that will barely cut it. Honestly, I'd rather buy that prebuilt SillyMLUnicorn posted over that, and I'm pretty opposed to buying prebuilt gaming desktops.

How much money are you willing to spend and what's your specs?

High end: 

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 

eVGA 680i motherboard 

eVGA 8800 GTS video card 

600 watt power supply 

Way too low in specs. That will easily not be able to play games in 2015 save for a few low end games at low res.