Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

200,000 isn't too much for a Honda, I've been told.

Hondas are generally known for being sturdy. Doesn't mean they all hold their value :lol:

It doesn't help either that I've driven the shit out of this car and still do. I could almost deliver pizzas if college didn't work out. Good thing it did lol

Anyway, I guess I'm gonna fire up some more games and see how this Intel CPU fares! :D

• Brohoof 1

Hondas are generally known for being sturdy. Doesn't mean they all hold their value :lol:

It doesn't help either that I've driven the shit out of this car and still do. I could almost deliver pizzas if college didn't work out. Good thing it did lol

Anyway, I guess I'm gonna fire up some more games and see how this Intel CPU fares! :D

Really? I figured the Prelude was still sought after by folks displeased with the general direction in which Honda is heading these days.

I've done the same to my Acura, only it has about half as many miles, still a baby. Driving is fun. :nom:

Have fun. :icwudt:

Really? I figured the Prelude was still sought after by folks displeased with the general direction in which Honda is heading these days.

I've done the same to my Acura, only it has about half as many miles, still a baby. Driving is fun. :nom:

Have fun. :icwudt:

They are still pretty sought after. I actually had a guy roll up to me at a stoplight once and he offered to buy my car on the spot. Of course, I wasn't interested in selling it at the time but he gave me his number and everything. But this thing is pretty beat up and it's got a myriad of mechanical problems. Oil leaks, worn belts, squeaky brakes and hubs, the list goes on. 

For about a year and a half, it was overheating but only in town. Funny thing is that the H22 is an aluminum block and I've been told that if you overheat an aluminum block, kiss it goodbye. Well I've overheated this thing a ton of times because I had no idea what was causing it to overheat. I finally found the problem - one of the radiator fan motors broke. We got that replaced and it hasn't overheated since. 

Another time, I was driving home and I was having a little too much fun running the engine all the way to 8,000 (rather than the recommended 7,400...because redline is just a suggestion). Shortly after that, the gauge needles kept bouncing to zero and then back to normal. So when I got home, I killed it, waited a minute, and started it again. Or tried. The starter wouldn't quit running even after I took the key out of the Start position. Then a black cloud of smoke ensued. I thought I had messed up the engine. Nope. Just a problem in the starter. 

Another time, still, I busted open a huge oil leak and didn't notice it. I drove about ten miles with it leaving a trail of oil behind me. My dad called me and said, "Hey, do you know you left a line of oil on the highway behind you?" To which I said, "No." But I was already home by that time. It had absolutely no oil at all in it when I checked it. It was in the shop for a week. No damage done besides the obvious leak, and my mechanic was amazed I hadn't locked up the engine. 

I've had it in there recently because the rear main oil seal was leaking. And that is an engine pull, too. I'm sure you know anytime your mechanic has to pull the motor, it's going to be expensive. We also replaced the water pump because...well the engine was out so why not? 

I probably could have bought another car with all the money I've spent with my mechanic :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So get this...

I've got my new parts in my PC and I've been playing around with them. I left my PC running last night to install GTA V and it got done with that this morning. 

Just a few minutes ago, I was browsing YouTube when it suddenly freezes. Note that nothing has been overclocked. So i thought to myself, "Hm. This is weird because this is all mostly new hardware." I couldn't do anything so I reset my system. Then I couldn't do anything at the lock screen. Windows didn't freeze. It just didn't recognize my mouse and keyboard, I guess. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. So I reset again and hit F2 to get into BIOS. And that worked. Everything worked just fine in BIOS. I thought, "Okay, maybe it's a Windows issue and I'll just pop in my repair disc and we'll get this ball rolling again!" Ehhht! Wrong! I couldn't even use them there. 

In a last ditch effort, I unplugged my SSD with Windows on it just to see if it would make a difference. Nope. So now what? Do I try another USB keyboard? Do I find a PS2 keyboard? I can get around Windows pretty well without a mouse. But right now, with anything Windows, I have zero inputs. 

The worst part is that I don't have time to figure this out. I'm trying to pack to go see my folks this weekend and I'm already behind as it is because our dryer here sucks. What a way to start the weekend...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
The worst part is that I don't have time to figure this out. I'm trying to pack to go see my folks this weekend and I'm already behind as it is because our dryer here sucks. What a way to start the weekend...

I'm guessing unplugging and plugging the mouse/keyboard back in while they weren't recognized didn't help?

Edited by Lunatic Envy

I'm guessing unplugging and plugging the mouse/keyboard back in while they weren't recognized didn't help?

Nope. 

Windows didn't even make the sound it makes when you unplug a USB device. 

Nope. 

Windows didn't even make the sound it makes when you unplug a USB device. 

Try a different mouse and see if the problem reoccurs. If it does, try it with the keyboard instead.

Try a different mouse and see if the problem reoccurs. If it does, try it with the keyboard instead.

One problem with that: I don't have any spares .-.

I'm going to have to buy new ones if I want spares. I think I might check out some pawn shops and seeing if they have any PS2 keyboards. I'm doubtful. Or I might just go to Walmart and seeing about just getting a new mouse and keyboard. 

I really don't know what to do. Maybe if I can get a PS2 keyboard working on it, I can navigate enough to refresh Windows or something. I guess I'll figure it out later. 

So, Fallout is rumored to be revealed at E3 this year, and take place in Boston.

Also, apparently the Playstation 5 is long in the works, will be revealed at e3, and will cost $200 and be digital-only. 

So, Fallout is rumored to be revealed at E3 this year, and take place in Boston.

Also, apparently the Playstation 5 is long in the works, will be revealed at e3, and will cost $200 and be digital-only. 

Fallout: Yay! Hopefully the subtle horror and black comedy the series is loved for will stay with it. I have confidence in this company.

The PS5, though... ;(

You had a good run, Sony. You had a good run.

• Brohoof 1

New Assassin's creed was recently announced. Have a gameplay trailer.

You know Ubisoft is going to fuck this one up as well somehow. It's pretty much customary from them at this point.

• Brohoof 1

New Assassin's creed was recently announced. Have a gameplay trailer.

You know Ubisoft is going to fuck this one up as well somehow. It's pretty much customary from them at this point.

These were my thoughts exactly.

I hate not being able to be excited about new games. Battlefront 3? Eh, EA's gonna mess it up with DLC. I hate this shitty game industry.

• Brohoof 1

There's a pretty legitimate problem when it's easier to be cynical and jaded towards instead of excited for new games now. Literally the only game I'm looking forward to right now is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and that isn't until next year.

• Brohoof 2

It's an upcoming open world RPG set in the Kingdom of Bohemia (modern day equivalent to that would be Czechoslovakia) with an incredible amount of depth to it. No silly things like magic or dragons, just pure medieval RPG action.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Digital only like the games will be streamed online? Or the games are just downloaded online onto the system, like Steam?

If it's only 200 dollars, then I don't think it's the latter. :/

Also, my slightly less crappy laptop died. Looks like I'm even more worse off than before.

Edited by Mouse

Digital only like the games will be streamed online? Or the games are just downloaded online onto the system, like Steam?

If it's only 200 dollars, then I don't think it's the latter. :/

Also, my slightly less crappy laptop died. Looks like I'm even more worse off than before.

I think it's digital only like Steam. But like I said, just a rumour.

My PC build with specs.

Specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7-4770k

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14

Motherboard - MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming

Memory - G. Skill Ripjaws 16GB(4x4)@1600mhz

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SLI

Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Case - Fractal Design Define R4

PSU - EVGA 1000W Supernova G2

Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 with MX Browns

Monitor - Acer H236HL

gmavGPI.jpg?1

• Brohoof 2

I HATE digital. Can't stand it.

You prefer going to the store and buying a physical copy over buying and downloading the game in the comfort of your own home?

I think it's digital only like Steam. But like I said, just a rumour.

I hope they make it more expensive but with high-end components, maybe then PC gaming won't be held back so much by underpowered consoles. We're talking Sony and Microsoft here though, so that's unlikely.

• Brohoof 1

My PC build with specs.

Specs:

Monitor - Acer H236HL

sig-3751493.gmavGPI.jpg

Welcome to the best damn thread on this forum, the PC Master Race thread.

• Brohoof 2

My PC build with specs.

Specs:

Monitor - Acer H236HL

sig-3751493.gmavGPI.jpg

Woo! part of the PC master race and the Twilight Sparkle master race ^_^

• Brohoof 1

You prefer going to the store and buying a physical copy over buying and downloading the game in the comfort of your own home?

Yeah, I do.

It's fun seeing the things you'll find. Just bought Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (xbox) and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (ps1) a few days ago. It was fun.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fallout: Yay! Hopefully the subtle horror and black comedy the series is loved for will stay with it. I have confidence in this company.

The PS5, though... ;(

You had a good run, Sony. You had a good run.

Remember how the Dreamcast did horrible because people distrusted Sega after how fast and violently they dropped the Saturn for the Dreamcast. even going as far calling it a "stillborn console" that they regret releasing in the first place?

I wonder if the PS5 is going to be Sony's reenactment of that.

Edited by Shoboni

(edited)

Okay, after reinstalling a processor of mine in my old eMachine, I get this...

-------------------------

Award Bootblock Bios V1.0
Copyright © 2000, Award Software, Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media ...
Drive A error. System halt

------------------------

Followed by a nonstop steady ring of beeps. Now this processor I installed worked just fine before, even without having to reset/flash the Bios, but now it does this and hangs, I can't even access the Bios setup or anything. However, if I install my old puny one, the computer boots without problem.

I am at a loss at what to do as there are no solutions online, I am turning to you guys. I don't want to stick with the old puny processor, as it does not fulfill my needs; I just want to know is there anything possibly wrong with the stronger one?

Edited by Psychedelicize