Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is people obsessing over the CMC's cutie marks getting annoying to you?

ggg-2

Is people obsessing over the CMC getting annoying to you?  

17 users have voted

1. 1. Is people obsessing over the CMC getting annoying to you?

• yes
    • no

Yes, especially when we know:

Sweetie Belle is a singer

Scoots is an engineer

and Bloom is a horticultural potions expert

in the end. WE KNOW THEIR TALENTS ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY GET THEIR MAKRS SO SHATTUP ABOUT IT.

Please.

To me, people speculating over the CMC's cutie marks was fine and dandy for a while, but now it's just getting annoying. Am I alone here?

Became a Brony this year, so 'for a while' is all relative.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, especially when we know:

Sweetie Belle is a singer

Scoots is an engineer

and Bloom is a horticultural potions expert

in the end. WE KNOW THEIR TALENTS ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY GET THEIR MAKRS SO SHATTUP ABOUT IT.

Please.

Until then we can't know, you never know what the writers might throw at us.

• Brohoof 1

It does get grating when the Show Discussion is flooded with nothing but speculation threads on how/when the Crusaders will get their marks.

But really, which is more grating: The fact that this won't be let go by some people, or the fact that the Crusaders seem to be so close but yet it's taking the show so long to resolve this loose end to the point that it becomes a "Just Eat Gilligan"? ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustEatGilligan )

hell yes

not every pony needs a cutie mark, and personally, I'd hate it if they got one. I'm much rather see the CMC (including Babs) reach adulthood without ever getting their cutie marks. It's a good lesson to throw in about becoming an adult without ever finding/ knowing what you want to do in life, or what you're meant for.

• Brohoof 1

Until then we can't know, you never know what the writers might throw at us.

Well that and there's the possibility they might forget, we've already seen evidence of this in the Scootalove episode in season 3 where Sweetie Belle was an awful singer (contradicting previous episodes that indicated she's a good singer).

• Brohoof 1

@ Wulgar Von Heltzer yeah, that might be because in season 3, Clair started doing her own singing. before it was Michelle doing Sweetie's singing.

It never really annoyed me. Speculating about it is actually fun, even when it's already shown what they're good at. There's still open questions, as we don't know what they're specifically good at (Except Sweetie Belle, but maybe there's more to her than being a naturally talented, powerful singer) and we still don't know if Scootaloo will ever learn to actually fly.

Of course; Lauren Faust said that Scootaloo is physically handicapped and that that's what doesn't allow her to fly, but Faust left the show over two years ago. It's still an open question when it comes to what's actually canon.

One way or another, it doesn't bother me. Speculating is fun.