Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Chrysalis were to come back...

Plonkett

What do you think should be done with her? Would you like her to be reformed like Discord and possibly give her and the changelings more death, or should she still be a villain and be defeated again? I wouldn't mind seeing her reformed, but not completely reformed, as she could still be anti-hero status.

• Brohoof 1

What do you think should be done with her? Would you like her to be reformed like Discord and possibly give her and the changelings more death, or should she still be a villain and be defeated again? I wouldn't mind seeing her reformed, but not completely reformed, as she could still be anti-hero status.

hmm, yes, reform her sort of, I'm pretty sure she invaded canterlot for food, and then got cocky and/or because she was busted.

They've touched on this in the comics so I doubt they'll make anything out of it in the show. I can't see a character like her being easily reformed.

Since her only real power is shapeshifting and siphoning love from ponies she would most likely try to take the identity of a greatly loved pony and use that to her advantage. Perhaps taking the form of some mare and wooing a prominent figure to ignite some intrigue and conspiracy...

Elements of harmony will stop her xD. Turn into stone. Like Discord. 

I doubt she will come back. Remember she got blown away? That distance O.O

But I want to see her again as kind creature. :/

Edited by BronyAssassin

Yeah, there's no way she's getting reformed. If they ever bring her back(which I don't expect at least any time soon), she'll probably be a villain again

Edited by The Sexy Pharaoh

want her to make another appearence!

She obviously wasn't destroyed, so she could very well come back.

Agreed. Her character and abilities provide plenty of opportunities for a return, all the better if she was motivated by revenge.
  • Brohoof 1

The only way I can see that she'd be reformed is if it were something like "If you love a changeling for who they really are instead of who they pretend to be, it fills them up even better than the love they steal by pretending to be somepony else."  That's an aesop that's right up the show's alley.

This discussion reminds me:  I was toying with the idea of a fan-plot where Chrysalis is back, she is motivated primarily by revenge, and her plan to get revenge has her knowingly sacrifice the lives of most, if not all, of the changelings in her command.  Celestia is so horrified about Chrysalis betraying her own people that she kills Chrysalis in a fit of righteous anger by crushing her under a huge boulder.  Shortly afterwards, Celestia and the mane six find a clutch of changeling eggs and decide not to smash them, but to let ponies adopt them---and when their adopted parents love the changelings for who they really are, then it has some strange effects on their physiology:  they don't have swiss-cheese legs, they can be any color instead of just black, they can eat regular food (milk, hay, fruit, etc.) instead of just eating love, and they basically turn into a fourth type of pony in the process.

The only way I can see that she'd be reformed is if it were something like "If you love a changeling for who they really are instead of who they pretend to be, it fills them up even better than the love they steal by pretending to be somepony else."  That's an aesop that's right up the show's alley.

This discussion reminds me:  I was toying with the idea of a fan-plot where Chrysalis is back, she is motivated primarily by revenge, and her plan to get revenge has her knowingly sacrifice the lives of most, if not all, of the changelings in her command.  Celestia is so horrified about Chrysalis betraying her own people that she kills Chrysalis in a fit of righteous anger by crushing her under a huge boulder.  Shortly afterwards, Celestia and the mane six find a clutch of changeling eggs and decide not to smash them, but to let ponies adopt them---and when their adopted parents love the changelings for who they really are, then it has some strange effects on their physiology:  they don't have swiss-cheese legs, they can be any color instead of just black, they can eat regular food (milk, hay, fruit, etc.) instead of just eating love, and they basically turn into a fourth type of pony in the process.

I love that idea! It's seems really amazing how there can be a fourth type of pony

I'd like to see Chrysalis return. She has both the potential of returning and the potential to become a recurring antogonist of some sort.

But reformed? Hell no! I can see her being a bit more gently due to her previous defeat (As to avoid getting owned by the Hasbro Rainbow Power), but not completely reformed.

I know redemption is a big theme in this show... But I don't like how to fans redemption is the only future for villains in this show. At least as their second arc. I don't think Chrysalis or Tirek will become big softies like Discord. I just can't see it.

Edited by Jammo

I know redemption is a big theme in this show... But I don't like how to fans redemption is the only future for villains in this show. At least as their second arc. I don't think Chrysalis or Tirek will become big softies like Discord. I just can't see it.

Yes, redemption is overrated. There's a lot of ways Chrysalis could exact her revenge and exploit the relationships of the main characters... My imagination is firing up...

No more redemption, there's enough. Now I do like some redemption stories but I think some characters should stay bad. Plus it's more realistic, most people will in real life will never learn their lesson.

Chrysalis is too good of a villain potentially to be turned good (I think they should've done more build up in season 2 for her big finish in the s2 finale)

I hope if there's another villain they actually do that rather than be like "surpise! bad guy!". They kind of did this with tirek, but BARELY, wasn't he that shadow at the end of castle mane-ia?

They kind of did this with tirek, but BARELY, wasn't he that shadow at the end of castle mane-ia?

Probably. But it's not like anyone could reasonably guess who it was at the time just from that brief scene.

It would be awesome to see Chrysalis working in conjunction with a newer villain after losing her place as queen of the changelings and either betraying them or being betrayed. Perhaps somepony with high standing in Equestria who bears a grudge against the princesses. Just a thought. However unlike with Discord and Tirek there's no redemption, she just loses. And possibly dies as well.

Probably. But it's not like anyone could reasonably guess who it was at the time just from that brief scene.

It would be awesome to see Chrysalis working in conjunction with a newer villain after losing her place as queen of the changelings and either betraying them or being betrayed. Perhaps somepony with high standing in Equestria who bears a grudge against the princesses. Just a thought. However unlike with Discord and Tirek there's no redemption, she just loses. And possibly dies as well.

Or they could get sent to Tartarus or some dungeon.

Yes, redemption is overrated. There's a lot of ways Chrysalis could exact her revenge and exploit the relationships of the main characters... My imagination is firing up...

I thought I more comedic episodes would be good where Chrysalis turns into one of the main six. Pinkie Pie to be specific, not understanding the inner workings of their friendship. So we'd have Pinkie Pie being cold and insulting to her friends as Chrysalis desperately tries to keep on the illusion of being Pinkie Pie with little knowledge about her. While I think that premise would be hilarious it does risk making Chrysalis look more ineffectual and non threatening.

Edited by Jammo

Would you like her to be reformed like Discord and possibly give her and the changelings more death

We don't need to give them more death. Depth on the other hoof, might work well. Redemption is a tired out thing though. Maybe it would be better to create a stronger villain or rival.

• Brohoof 1

I thought I more comedic episodes would be good where Chrysalis turns into one of the main six. Pinkie Pie to be specific, not understanding the inner workings of their friendship. So we'd have Pinkie Pie being cold and insulting to her friends as Chrysalis desperately tries to keep on the illusion of being Pinkie Pie with little knowledge about her. While I think that premise would be hilarious it does risk making Chrysalis look more ineffectual and non threatening.

Well since Chrysalis is a changeling the pony she'd most likely take the form of is Rarity so that she could use Spike's affections to gain strength. Alternatively she could also take the form of Flash Sentry and try to manipulate Twilight. That could be interesting. At least it might give him an opportunity for some actual character development.