Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My security program is blocking MLP forums as a threat to my Computer.

Sig Hoovestrong
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

Well this been while been able be here on forums cause of an issue with sit and my anti viruse program. The problem seem be with script of sorts. I will just type it out what it's been blocking, for me.

Url: http://mlpforums.com/  | {gzip}

Infection: HTML:Script-inf

Process: C:\Programs Files (x86)\Google\Application\chrome.exe

The program am useing is called Avast.

And if do know fix for this, with out me having to disable my security program.

It would be much appreciated.

• Brohoof 1

@Sig HoovestrongThe issue has been reported by another member who also uses avast. Currently it appears that Google AdSense is serving the occasional bad ad. Feld0, the site owner, is discussing the matter with Google as we don't have direct control over what ads it serves. While we block them as we find them - as does Google, this may happen from time to time. And yes some bad ads do serve HTML:Script-inf. 

I am not and will not recommend turning off your virus protection. Did you by any chance get a VirusTotal report?

• Brohoof 3

Well first of all am not sure, where i do find a VirusTotal Report. All i can say is Avast told me after blocking the sit. And it was things listed abow you. However i beat i can get ones again just by turning on my anti-varius again try entering the sit. I beat the same thing will poop up again.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that I know what happens.

This happened to me a few days ago,and the info that it gave me about the virus was the following:

Url: http://mlpforums.com/ | {gzip}

Infection: HTML:Script-inf

Process: C:\Programs Files (x86)\Google\Application\chrome.exe

Also,another member already gave an answer

The issue has been reported by another member who also uses avast. Currently it appears that Google AdSense is serving the occasional bad ad. Feld0, the site owner, is discussing the matter with Google as we don't have direct control over what ads it serves. While we block them as we find them - as does Google, this may happen from time to time. And yes some bad ads do serve HTML:Script-inf.

I am not and will not recommend turning off your virus protection. Did you by any chance get a VirusTotal report?

The best you can do right now is add MLPForums to the Exceptions manually to avoid further problems,but without turning off the antivirus.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I haven't had a message since I reported the last one. It's been completely clear.

Thanks for the quick reply :rarity:

I'll leave this open for the others to reply before me or my team close this out. Thanks again

• Brohoof 3

Ok, Lavo was able to locate and address the issues with HTML:Script-inf. messages related to Avast and a dispute has been filed with Norton which led MLP Forums being cleared. This is resolved at this time. Thanks everyone!

• Brohoof 3