Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Champion RD92's Rock Music Thread

Champion RD92

Gave ON AN ON a try today 

The influences in this album varies, but it's in essence Indie Rock mixed with Dream Pop. It's not layered like some Dream Pop or Shoegaze, it's a bit more straightforward since Indie Rock takes up a big part of their sound, but it has it's charm nonetheless

A very solid debut album, worth a listen

Edited by Kyouko

Also, on a separate note, more metal. Coheed and Cambria, ladies and gents.

I love that song, that's one of my favorite songs ever!!! I've been getting more into Coheed and Cambria lately, they're a pretty good band.

I don't have anything funny or clever to say sooooo... here are four random songs... again... for the third time?? Yay?

For some stupid reason, I was thinking this was the metal thread and I was like "none of this is metal......"

• Brohoof 2

For some stupid reason, I was thinking this was the metal thread and I was like "none of this is metal......"

You thought this was the metal thread? LOL :derp:  Lately I have been 'on-and-off' that thread, since I have an animosity towards a... certain subgenre

I love that song, that's one of my favorite songs ever!!! I've been getting more into Coheed and Cambria lately, they're a pretty good band.

FINALLY another Coheed and Cambria fan! I was starting to think I was the only one :P Well, not literally, but you get the point.

No videos this time but I do have to say that Thousand Foot Krutch is a weird band. They sound just like every other band out there but there's something about them that I can't identify that makes them stand out somehow.

Then there's Breaking Benjamin where all of their music sounds pretty much the same but the sound is also pretty unique and I love their sound so very much. I don't think I could ever get tired of their sound. I think this is the only difference between them and Dragonforce who have the same problem and that I actually don't care for all that much except for a couple songs.

Yeah I noticed that, and you agree with a certain person who admitted that his video regarding the topic was a mistake

Who? Pmrants?

Listening to LCD Soundsystem right now

This album mang, so groovy with a surprising amount of progression for an alt dance album

Who? Pmrants?

Yup on his video regarding his opinion on bronies he said that his Grindcore video was a mistake.

Have some Poison The Well

Also I love the new Dance Gavin Dance track, this is definitely gonna be an awesome album.

This thread needs some Opeth, you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvltVKjacw

Damnation was my favorite Opeth album when I did my discography listen for them until I got to Watershed. Modern prog rock classic.

For me Ghost Reveries was their best, then would come either Damnation or Watershed, and yeah they're really awesome, have some more Opeth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6Q4FpW-sY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaFANthouM

I tried some The Wonder Year album today. I'm surprised, this is actually really good. It's fast, catchy and quite gripping, exactly what I'd expect from a Pop Punk album (or an album from any Punk sub-genre for that matter). I was expecting some slow, uninteresting commercialized garbage, but oh boy was I wrong.

AAAAAAAH surprisingly feelsy song. Great opener

• Brohoof 2

I tried some The Wonder Year album today. I'm surprised, this is actually really good. It's fast, catchy and quite gripping, exactly what I'd expect from a Pop Punk album (or an album from any Punk sub-genre for that matter). I was expecting some slow, uninteresting commercialized garbage, but oh boy was I wrong.

AAAAAAAH surprisingly feelsy song. Great opener

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlnvZ28FxD0

That...that was pretty great. It has that fast pace and catchiness that I like in my pop-punk, or punk in general.

By the way, if you guys haven't heard this song before, it's really really really good, check it out please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=526jnB7Dy8s

Best Touché Amoré album yet? I think maybe. Deathwish has had a good year, between this, Sunbather and the new Modern Life Is War record.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently marathoning Elliott Smith's discography. I've only heard his self-titled and Either/Or prior to this, and I've listened to those two A LOT

Fun fact: Either/Or was the first album that made me tear up

My favorite song on Either/Or, and very underrated

And btw, I just finished re-visiting the two albums I've heard before. Currently listening to Roman Candle, his debut

Edited by Kyouko

Man, I just got the best deal on Amazon ever. I'm getting 5 used CDs for only $18 total cause I have a $10 Amazon gift card. I don't know why I was getting new CDs before when used CDs are cheaper. And as long as it's in good condition, it doesn't really matter if it's new or not. I should have thought of that earlier haha.

But anyway, I'm getting these CDs:

1. Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater

2. The Great Misdirect by Between the Buried and Me

3. Ghost Reveries by Opeth

4. Blood Mountain by Mastodon

5. Reroute to Remain by In Flames

5. Reroute to Remain by In Flames

>Buying the wrong In Flames album.

Oh and you should buy The Gallery by Dark Tranquillity.

I'm actually listening to The Jester Race right now.

You guys should seriously just stop buying CD's. They are absolutely useless, except for maybe if you have a car that doesn't support ipod hook-ups.

Would you rather have a digital file that could easily be erased from existence at any moment? Do you not want to support the bands you like and keep the music industry afloat?

In other news, Pity Sex may have written one of my top albums of 2013. These guys (and one gal) play a great live show too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz2Q_NifmpU

*sigh* What a terrible night it is tonight, so many people I like so much suicide bombing the entire place and also a few are leaving the site without getting banned, I'll miss you all, hey at least there's a new Dance Gavin Dance song, that's something to be happy about ;_;

Edited by Peaches