Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oldest Brony on the forum?

Foliha

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Rainbow Dash

How did you find MLP Forums?: Did a quick appraisal of the forums showing on my Google search. This seems like the place.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: 1st, saw a trailer for "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" on vimeo. 2nd, bought & watched the movie.Watched some MLP on You Tube. 3rd, Bought the first season. Watched it. 4th, looked at some videos of music on You Tube - (esp. "Pony Swag" & "You're Gonna Go Far Kid." 5th, fell in love with Rainbow Dash. 7th started collecting pony stuff.

I was born in Seattle, Washington in 1952.  Mom says I’m a Navy brat, born in an Army hospital, delivered by a civilian doctor.  Make what you can of that…

I’ve lived all over the lower 48 states, and Hawaii.  Didn’t finish high school, but it doesn’t seem to have been an appreciable hindrance.  I’m excessively curious.  I read.  I believe the term is self-educated.  In this day and age, if you really want to know about something and have the Internet, you’re good to go. 

Started drawing as soon as I could hold a pencil – mostly horses.  Still horse-crazy.  Tried commercial art school in Texas 1972.  Didn’t work for me.  When my drawing instructor called me into his office to ask what I was doing at the school, I was crushed by his assessment of my abilities – then he said, “You should be in a fine arts school.”

That was my cue to hie myself back to California, where I have been ever since. 

I have made a living doing everything from running the shipping department of a psychedelic poster factory to managing Pizza Huts, plus various animal-related jobs such as vet’s assistant, dog groomer and dog trainer.

Apart from my art and photography, my interests include anything to do with Tokugawa Japan – especially Samurai ‘stuff,’ (Did I mention horses?) Japanese film, Anime, quilt making, and kitschy clocks.

I have written a fantasy/ juvenile fiction novel called “Boo & Zephyr,” and am working on the sequel. Have published sundry short pieces of humor and non-fiction in various periodicals. 

Became infected with a particularly virulent strain of photography virus in 2006, which has mutated into a Photoshop fetish as well.  It keeps me busy.

• Brohoof 7

Why, I do declare that you just may be the oldest member of this here community :D Welcome aboard, and I do sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay! :har:

Thanks!  so far, so good.  Hope I can keep up!

• Brohoof 2

1952, eh? 
I tip my hat to you.

I think it's pretty nifty you decided to join here. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Try not to get into too much trouble!  ;) 

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to the site! I'm new here as well, and a big fan of horses and Japanese culture as well! I consider myself an Otaku, and watch anime religiously. However, my viewing is mainly limited to Netflix and streaming on the internet; as my current budget for manga is somewhat lax at the moment. :(

• Brohoof 1

Thanks everybody, for the warm welcome.  The thing that got me to watch MLP was the sense of community and acceptance apparent in the Bronie documentary mentioned in my first post.  I was appalled at the negativity and hostility displayed by many of the commenters on YouTube MLP videos.  Especially this one:

Yikes!  What are they afraid of?  I joined here because it seemed like a better place to get my "pony/ Bronie" fix.  So far so good...

BandaniPony:  Yeah, I keep myself broke buying DVDs and tansu...  Now I'm haunting e-bay for pony merch too.  Shigataganai!

• Brohoof 2

Hi! It's super duper fantastic to meet you! I thoroughly enjoyed your post!! You seem extremely articulate and I'm happy to meet you! (No not just because I thought I was the oldest bronie on the forums hehehe) If you ever feel like chatting send me a message!!

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...