Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Over the Garden Wall

~Chaos~

What are your thoughts on this miniseries? Did you enjoy it?

I just finished watching it and I loved it, it is quite dark, weird, mysterious, and also funny. Really interesting little show.

• Brohoof 1

It was a bit strange for me... I only watched it because I saw someone else on another forum with a signature of the older brother playing a bassoon and I was like "OMG! That's my instrument! I'll give the show a try.".

I loved it too; it was clear the writers and animators knew just how to make a holiday classic without overdoing it. It had comedy, thrills, scares, and even with the dark undertones it was just all-around fun. I've recommended it plenty of times, but people keep putting it off.  :derp: Their loss.

I loved it too; it was clear the writers and animators knew just how to make a holiday classic without overdoing it. It had comedy, thrills, scares, and even with the dark undertones it was just all-around fun. I've recommended it plenty of times, but people keep putting it off.  :derp: Their loss.

Well they're really missing out then! :P

• 3 weeks later...

A good friend of mine has recommended it and I'll be watching it this weekend. Or the next. I need to get myself organized.

Looks quite interesting, from what little I've seen. I anticipate bird waifu.

• Brohoof 2

While I did feel like some scenes that didn't really add anything to the story kind of dragged on, (I'm looking at you, dream sequence.) I thought it was really good.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

I watched it. What else can I say besides that it was freaking amazing. 10 episodes is such little time to e develop characters that much but they managed to pull it off. It felt like Gravity Falls meets a Studio Ghibli film.

• Brohoof 1

In my personal opinion, it was one of the most amazing miniseries that I have seen, and really the fact that it was a miniseries sort of complemented it better, mysteries were unraveled and characters were developed in long enough time not to be rushed and short enough time not to be drawn out and boring, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Grimm fairy tale aesthetic that was the focal point for the show, it's ending was satisfying for me, I would have loved to see how the writers would have handled a longer series, but i'm glad it ended when it did

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I started watching it and finished it over the weekend. Loved it. :)

Amazing miniseries; the animation and atmosphere were superb, and I greatly enjoyed the characters (my personal favorite was Beatrice). The music was lovely as well. It thought it had a Gravity Falls vibe to it too, which is another series I love. It's a bit sad it's so short, but it had a satisfying ending and I thought it concluded itself well, so I don't really want to see a second season.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I found it because idea channel did a video on it, and it looked interesting. I'm glad I watched it. I loved the colouring of the an animation, music and well, all the quirky characters in it. And yes, feels like Gravity Falls met Grimm fairy tales.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Im a little late to this party, but I was thoroughly entertained by over the garden wall. The characters were interesting, the story had some nice turns, but what I fell in love with was the music of it. It was a mix of old time fair with a riverboat feel. It was a great "not what you expected" halloween journey. I guess thats what you get when you combine some of the most exciting content creators for cartoons today.