Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deciding on an art style

keidachan

So I've been experimenting with styles while drawing ponies for a little while now and I figured it would do me good to see what other people thought of them and which ones they liked best.

falling_stars_by_tala_shi-d8alyb9.jpg

kitty_by_tala_shi-d881vzu.jpg

wings_by_tala_shi-d8acdpv.jpg

seamist_wip_rp_char___by_tala_shi-d7yxil

• Brohoof 1

Wow, first picture is AWESOME.

Forth picture is the worst, because of lack of counters.

You need to work on proportions: On the second picture I made to short neck.

On the 3th picture, necks are too long.

Wow, first picture is AWESOME.

Forth picture is the worst, because of lack of counters.

You need to work on proportions: On the second picture I made to short neck.

On the 3th picture, necks are too long.

Yeah it goes from most recent to earliest well mostly, the one with the necks that are too long I worked on for around six weeks while I was working on the short neck. glad to know I've been getting better. 

I like the styles 1,2,and 3 the best!

But just go with what you think is the best, that's how you have to go about it. :) Keep trying new things too!

well what do you like about each of them?

Yeah it goes from most recent to earliest well mostly, the one with the necks that are too long I worked on for around six weeks while I was working on the short neck. glad to know I've been getting better. 

well what do you like about each of them?

the last style, I like how it doesn't have any outer lines. Makes it look smooth and soft. :) 

The first and second seem almost similar, maybe it's because one has shading and lighting and the other doesn't? In any case they are good and I hope you keep it up.

the last style, I like how it doesn't have any outer lines. Makes it look smooth and soft. :)

The first and second seem almost similar, maybe it's because one has shading and lighting and the other doesn't? In any case they are good and I hope you keep it up.

Yeah between those two I was just testing how shading effected the style when paired with colored line art, turns out shading just makes it epic looking where as it looks cartoonish when left out.