Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official G5 2D art style revealed!

phantompone1148

1 hour ago, Orchid_Fiore said:

Yay! They look much more better than the previous 2D designs! However... where is Pipp? I would love watch her new look!!

Yeah, it’s Hitch’s job to be excluded :dash:

• Brohoof 1

This is really cute I love the style it actually reminds me more of the MLP g4 movie style more than the mane show. Still, I'm really excited to see what comes of this. I just love the 2d style a lot more than the 3d no matter how well it was done in g5.

• Brohoof 5

So nice! So smooth! :grin:

Yeah, seriously, these designs are indeed a lot better than they could've been. I, the 2D animation fan that I am, would've been fine with them going for 3D animation like the kind in the movie, but 2D animation like the kind in the 2017 MLP movie for the show? Stellar! :squee:

• Brohoof 5

Very nice FiM feel to the style.  Should help their TV series fit right in.

I can't help but notice though... Is this matching game telling us that Zephyrina likes spray paint art and flying kites?  Starlight approved. 

Edited by Rising Dusk
  • Brohoof 5

If these are actually official, then I do like the designs. That said I'll wait until we see how they can move & such. The still renders from G4 could be hit or miss at times, so I'll withhold final judgement.

• Brohoof 4

I was really nervous when looking at this topic, but now I see the picture.

My thoughts? It's.....fine. They look pretty cute and I'm glad they kept the G4 aesthetic.

However, it could be just me being biased, but it...wasn't as good as Lauren Faust's designs, IMO. I love Faust's design more because it looks so unique and so original. This? I don't know, it could be just me, but the poses does like the Season 8 poses from G4.

Not to say to it was bad, it looks fine, but I want to look as its own thing rather than remind me of something happened before.

Who knows? My opinion will change once I see this in motion next year, but for now, I'll remain skeptical.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-12-30 at 3:35 PM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Also the cutie marks are now on both sides again! :yay:

So that was a case of laziness on the part of the animators.  I mean, it was always that, but I figured half cutie marks were going to be canon now.  Way to make one particular aesthetic element in the movie look lazy.  It was FiM's job to do that.  

• Brohoof 2