Monster Hunter Club

Panne

As a hunter who went from bow to hunting horn, I never really got to feel how satisfying it is to knock a chunk off of a monster (other than the ridge of a barroth) So when I added greatsword to my list of weapons, I discovered how satisfying it actually is to send a tail flying off of a monster. Its so satisfying, even more than the noise of confusion my buddy let out the first few times I put a monster to sleep with sleep phials on my bows.

@@Panne,

Edited by Yarne
  • Brohoof 1

As a hunter who went from bow to hunting horn, I never really got to feel how satisfying it is to knock a chunk off of a monster (other than the ridge of a barroth) So when I added greatsword to my list of weapons, I discovered how satisfying it actually is to send a tail flying off of a monster. Its so satisfying, even more than the noise of confusion my buddy let out the first few times I put a monster to sleep with sleep phials on my bows.

@@Panne,

Watching the tail of the Durambramos shatter and go flying is probably my most satisfying hunt moment ever. That tail take so many hits to even dent.

• Brohoof 1

Not to mention, its also his main means of attack. Gods, the swap from just dropping arrow barrages  on his humps to swinging a giant musical instrument at his tail was not a simple adjustment.

@@Panne,

Oh I know adjusting between weapons is a trial and a half. One weapon that I still don't understand is the long swrod. Like what's it mean when the blade glows after you use it's special and that little meter starts running?

Though I have found my favorite combo ever in a weapon, item, and power up. FInd a way to not lose stamina (eating or items), catch the monster in a pit fall trap, the use the up swing with a switch axe then spam a. This causes you to just swing back and forth wildly depleting your stamina. But with out stamina loss you are swinging for infinity.

Spirit Combo, as my buddy calls it. I believe it boosts the weapon's damage, white glow, then yellow glow, then red glow, with each one giving a greater boost. I have noticed monsters going down faster when I use the spirit combo as opposed to not, the combo itself also seems to do a decent amount of damage, though it only advances the glow if you get a hit with the final slash of the combo.     That sounds like an interesting strategy, Ill have to check it out for myself when I get the opprotunity.

@@Panne,

Edited by Yarne
  • Brohoof 1

I only ever played Tri on the PSP but I really did like what I did play of it. I lost the game though so I didn't get very far... Hopefully with 4 on the rise I'll be playing that soon as well, I am so excited to see what it is like! I was going to play with a friend but I kinda mucked up any chance of that happening... Hopefully though he'll kick some ass for me, I know I'll be doing so for him...

No idea what favorite monsters or weapons or armor are, again didn't play far enough and it was a long time ago that I played. When 4 rolls around I might make an addendum or post again with that kind of stuff, or look up some stuff and just give a sort of outsider-looking-in opinion of which I (dis)like the most

Just played 3U and fought a Deviljho to try for a Crook so I could finish upgrading his GS... didn't show up in the rewards screen, but checked my Cha-Cha who wears a Melynx Mask and he got one for me! Cha-Cha is such a bro, bro. B)

I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens often enough though... :lol:

Just played 3U and fought a Deviljho to try for a Crook so I could finish upgrading his GS... didn't show up in the rewards screen, but checked my Cha-Cha who wears a Melynx Mask and he got one for me! Cha-Cha is such a bro, bro. B)

I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens often enough though... :lol:

I only have 2 masks for cha-cha, are the mask really worth getting them all? I have the grill mask, I love double grilling saves so much time, and the Cosmic Mask, it's interesting and I've made some nice money off it. I want the pitfall mask though.

As I stated earlier itt my friend corrupted my game accidentally so I've lost my motivation to start playing again on a new file....but I'm thinking of maybe start playing again today...guys give me the strength to start all over and hunt those dreaded underwater monsters again.

I'm thinking of using heavy bowgun again, makes underwater hunting easier, but idk I'm also maybe feeling the Greatsword this time around (I usually always am a greatsword user)

Have you guys ever had 3 other friends irl to play with? I have and it was super fun, we don't do that anymore unfortunately :( 

Edited by Vulture

I only have 2 masks for cha-cha, are the mask really worth getting them all? I have the grill mask, I love double grilling saves so much time, and the Cosmic Mask, it's interesting and I've made some nice money off it. I want the pitfall mask though.

Melynx Mask is definitely worth it. Depends on how much you hunt solo really, since the masks have a lot of uses for different situations. I guess Pitfall is good too, if you don't want to carry traps all the time I suppose. :P

As I stated earlier itt my friend corrupted my game accidentally so I've lost my motivation to start playing again on a new file....but I'm thinking of maybe start playing again today...guys give me the strength to start all over and hunt those dreaded underwater monsters again.

Think of the feelings of success once you kill the Lagiacrus and watch it's body float in the waves. Or when you shatter a Gobul Lantern. I'de say those are motivation enough, just the feeling of success with each victory.

• Brohoof 1

I've been a fan of Monster Hunter ever since I played it on a free demo disc I got with some other game. I found the concept so interesting and fun even back then that I finally decided to dive into this series when MH2 came out in 2006, well, it was called Monster Hunter Freedom outside of Japan. I've played nearly every part so far except for MHP3 on the psp, currently playing MH3U on the 3DS. I did the group quests first by accident because I had no idea where to start in the village, reached rank 4-star quests before one of my friends pointed out to me that I was doing the wrong quests haha.

I'm really excited to play MH4U in March, a lot of monsters I've been missing are finally making a comeback and I'm definitely excited to play online with a few of my friends.

Edited by Winterbass

My buddy did a double brachydios quest and one killed the other with a punch to the face.

That joyous feel when the monsters kill one another instead of ganging up on you.

i love love love loooooove monster hunter is it wrong to treat the game as a religion XD i joke of course :P my fav monster in the serious is akantor i love that the big guy especialy as it sounds like a winded bag pipe.

as the bowgun i prefer the light types horn of taurus *rapid fire crag*, maxed rattling bowgun *for rapid fire pierce*  thearmor i was currently wearing was the dire fatalis *sigh* i love that walking volcano

(edited)

i love love love loooooove monster hunter is it wrong to treat the game as a religion XD i joke of course :P my fav monster in the serious is akantor i love that the big guy especialy as it sounds like a winded bag pipe.

as the bowgun i prefer the light types horn of taurus *rapid fire crag*, maxed rattling bowgun *for rapid fire pierce*  thearmor i was currently wearing was the dire fatalis *sigh* i love that walking volcano

words you said

my head.

I guess you really do treat it as a religion. I assume you have 4 pre ordered then as well as the big collector edition box?

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 1

words you said

my head.

I guess you really do treat it as a religion. I assume you have 4 pre ordered then as well as the big collector edition box?

yes i do i also plan to get it for the wiiU also

My hunting buddy! Silver and I play MHU together ever since the first one came out for the PSP, and we've played together ever since. Don't let his love for guns fool you, Silver sleeps with his long swords and uses his dual blades instead of a spoon to eat cereal. :P

yes i do i also plan to get it for the wiiU also

It's coming out for WiiU? I heard that it is strictly portable this time though.

Am I the only one that wishes that you could have a hunting party of more than 4 people? Like imagine an army of hunters that would be awesome, Elder Dragons would fall like Jaggi.

It's coming out for WiiU? I heard that it is strictly portable this time though.

Am I the only one that wishes that you could have a hunting party of more than 4 people? Like imagine an army of hunters that would be awesome, Elder Dragons would fall like Jaggi.

ah not sure i assumed it was so i speculated  and that...would...be....GLOURIOUS *o* and don't forget Mali that i u se hammers to crack walnuts

ah not sure i assumed it was so i speculated  and that...would...be....GLOURIOUS *o* and don't forget Mali that i u se hammers to crack walnuts

If my nuts you mean when you keep catapulting me into the air or off cliffs, then yes.

I doubt l'll give the new weapons much use. I'm mostly SnS, Lance/Gunlance and Bows. Couldn't really find targets worth using a Great Sword on in MHU3 but now that Tigrex is back in the game I might use them once more. I wonder if the stun-lock technique is still effective against his new AI programming. XD

Edited by Malinter

(edited)

that...would...be....GLOURIOUS *o* 

just have a phalanx of lances/gunlances shields raise, while bow guns and bow hunter rained volley after volley on the monster, folllowed by  an entire orchestra of hunting horns raising every stat imaginable... Then when the monster falls over stunned, the phalanx would open unleashing legions of warriors using every weapon type and they would fall upon it and destroy it.

Edited by Panne