Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Console Wars: The Idiot's Guide To Stupidity

Tom Snyder

Care to enlighten us on that one?  :)

From my own experiences and researching around the Internet, the consoles also suffer from network outages, game crashes, faulty hardware and poorly-optimized games. These are not and were never PC-only problems. As for the PC, the only crashes I get are related to mod conflicts; otherwise, game crashes are rather rare.

The FPS games seem to be the most played on consoles and PC for MP. you guys can correct me if i'm wrong, i won't get mad. But this also means there are modders who abuse the game to gain an advantage and cheat.

Next gen ain't good enough yet

Will be after this year, probably.

They tend to overlook the things the old gens had that made them great. Now we get clunkers.

I even had a XB one, but that thing was worse than the 360.

Console Wars talk is always garbage... there's good games no matter what you play on. No need to put down others who play on something else, chances are their experience has been just as fun as yours. :pout:

• Brohoof 3

I find the platform wars, not just consoles, to be extremely redundant. It's just not needed. Live and let live, let people game on whatever they want to game on. Saying you're better than someone else because you game on a specific platform is the most pathetic thing you could say - just sit back and think about it. You're trying to put yourself above someone, for what you game on. Sounds stupid now doesn't it?

• Brohoof 3

I find the platform wars, not just consoles, to be extremely redundant. It's just not needed. Live and let live, let people game on whatever they want to game on. Saying you're better than someone else because you game on a specific platform is the most pathetic thing you could say - just sit back and think about it. You're trying to put yourself above someone, for what you game on. Sounds stupid now doesn't it?

They also tend to put people down as well. Really stupid behavior.

• Brohoof 2

My motto in life is this, enjoy what you enjoy without bringing harm or ill will towards others and this goes for gaming. Everyone should enjoy their gaming platform of choice and let others enjoy theirs, it is that simple, even if you don't like a certain platform or brand.

For example, I love Xbox platforms now and they are my main gaming choice, I am a big fan of the Xbox One. My friend on the other hoof enjoys Playstation way more and that is what he prefers. He has a PS3 and PS4. I actually dislike the PS4 due to its DRM on downloadable titles and its profile restrictions. Those are MY personal gripes though and not his, he enjoys the system and THAT is what matters for him, so I say nothing about my personal grievances unless we are on the subject. If we are taking about it already then I will give my opinion on those concerns but that's it.

We all should just enjoy gaming, that is what it is there for. As a former fanboy for Sony consoles, I can say that it really dampens the enjoyment of gaming. Whether it is PC, Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft, nothing can be gained from being a fanboy. Being a fan, yes, cool, fanboy, nope.

That's my take on the subject.

• Brohoof 3

I can't stand reading anything pertaining console wars. There isn't any point in comparing framerate and graphics on a prebuilt console, its just not worth the breath. Don't get me wrong PC elitists drive me far more insane with their constant rambling of how much superior they are and how much more arrogant they are aswell.

• 2 months later...

One thing I should bring up is that games are getting judged based on what platform they're on which is ridiculous. And I also think it's dumb that a Playstation fan started a petition to have Smash Bros. on PS consoles. I can understand why because not everyone can afford more than 1 or 2 systems at a time but if you have enough money to get every system you wouldn't care which system wins. Now I'm mostly play on Nintendo systems but I have a couple Sega systems, I play Rollercoaster Tycoon on my PC from time to time, and I've owned a PS2. I'm actually planning on getting a PS4 so I can play Kingdom Hearts III because it's probably my favorite series not from Nintendo. And I can use it as my Blu Ray player as well. So I think it's okay to own more than one system.

• Brohoof 1

One thing I should bring up is that games are getting judged based on what platform they're on which is ridiculous. And I also think it's dumb that a Playstation fan started a petition to have Smash Bros. on PS consoles. I can understand why because not everyone can afford more than 1 or 2 systems at a time but if you have enough money to get every system you wouldn't care which system wins. Now I'm mostly play on Nintendo systems but I have a couple Sega systems, I play Rollercoaster Tycoon on my PC from time to time, and I've owned a PS2. I'm actually planning on getting a PS4 so I can play Kingdom Hearts III because it's probably my favorite series not from Nintendo. And I can use it as my Blu Ray player as well. So I think it's okay to own more than one system.

Thank you, I wish people would understand this is not a competition; its a choice of preference. 

While I wouldn't call myself an elitist, I stick with Xbox because its a brand I trust (and I trust Microsoft  ^_^ ). PC Master Race people irritate me, and all the playstation players I know rattle on about all their exclusives. It just makes me NOT want to play either even more.

To be fair, a strong PC is far superior to any current console technical and customization-wise. But that doesn't justify the PC Master Race jerks. The PC itself is better process-wise, not necessarily the libraries, and especially not the gamers.

• Brohoof 1

To be fair, a strong PC is far superior to any current console technical and customization-wise. But that doesn't justify the PC Master Race jerks. The PC itself is better process-wise, not necessarily the libraries, and especially not the gamers.

Finally, someone with some common sense. Think you! And i do see the point, Consoles will eventually catch up; but probably sooner.. And then the price skyrockets just because of the parts they use for the consoles. Calling themselves master race is actually insulting themselves.

Why can't there just be a glorious GAMING race and not just a specific (insert platform here) master race?

The biggest argument that people will throw into the debate between console and PC games is that consoles are the apparent reason why so many PC games are getting downgraded. Watch Dogs, anyone? :blush:  

Not really sure if that's true or not...

Edited by Guest

As you guys know, I'm a PC gamer. However, I still own and play a lot of Nintendo consoles from 1989 to 2011. I also don't like the PS4 and Xbox One (however, I do like their predecessors to some degree; the Xbox 360 used to be my main gaming platform.) Now let me reiterate something I said in the PC Master Race thread.

To me, there's a clear distinction between these so-called "peasants" and regular console gamers. "Peasants" are the people who regularly indulge in console elitism and wars, flinging petty insults at the other side because they think that's how you win at something or because their brand loyalty to a specific platform is so strong they are practically blinded by this loyalty and refuse to see the positives of any other platform, just the negatives, while regular console gamers are just people who want to play games and have fun while doing so, don't really care about the whole console wars even (maybe even own multiple platforms) and unfortunately get lumped in with the "peasants" even though they kinda just sit in the sidelines of it all. At least, that's how I view it.

Console gamers who don't participate in these childish platform wars? You guys are cool. "Peasants" and blind fanboys? Not so much.

Finally, someone with some common sense. Think you! And i do see the point, Consoles will eventually catch up; but probably sooner.. And then the price skyrockets just because of the parts they use for the consoles. Calling themselves master race is actually insulting themselves.

I own both the consoles and the PC, but I don't ever consider it as a master race. And I don't aim to buy games for only one specific console; I buy them freely without being told on what's better and what's not. Like if I want a game but it doesn't go well with my PC (as there are some that's not available on Steam), I'll get a console version instead. Or if I want a game but its not available on a certain console but is available for PC, I'll get that said game for the PC version instead. And my PC doubles as an Xbox 360 as its become handy with my Xbox 360 controller without the worry of straining my fingers. I aim to be a gaming collector, so if anyone can collect games, old or new, so can I. As for the flamers I'd find on YouTube? Just childish behavior for years since the initial release of seventh-gen consoles.

I own both the consoles and the PC, but I don't ever consider it as a master race. And I don't aim to buy games for only one specific console; I buy them freely without being told on what's better and what's not. Like if I want a game but it doesn't go well with my PC (as there are some that's not available on Steam), I'll get a console version instead. Or if I want a game but its not available on a certain console but is available for PC, I'll get that said game for the PC version instead. And my PC doubles as an Xbox 360 as its become handy with my Xbox 360 controller without the worry of straining my fingers. I aim to be a gaming collector, so if anyone can collect games, old or new, so can I. As for the flamers I'd find on YouTube? Just childish behavior for years since the initial release of seventh-gen consoles.

I never said anyone here did it, its those on youtube that seem to worship the thing like its  god. If i had a dime for every time i heard Master Race, i'd be rich beyond belief.

I enjoy playing on both consoles and PC. Heck, for the 8th Generation (current one) I have a Gaming Laptop PC for its own exclusives and the better-looking versions of 3rd party games, while I have a Nintendo Wii U for its 1st party exclusives.

Therefore what I'm saying is: No matter what platform I am gaming on. As long as I am having fun (even in friendly competitions), that's all that matters to me.

End of story.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

I never said anyone here did it, its those on youtube that seem to worship the thing like its  god. If i had a dime for every time i heard Master Race, i'd be rich beyond belief.

Ditto on that one. Its just silly of them.

• Brohoof 1