Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

25 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

How long do you see AEW lasting, do you think they'll make it to ten years? 

@Unicorncob @Clawdeen@Denim&Venöm @TheRockARooster @Patty Thundersnow

I’m not sure, I’m not gonna be watching though, I’ve lost so much interest in that company with their booking lately and I’ve completely lost faith in them.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Not to sound like an old person, but I remember when the WWE Champion had to defend his title at every PPV.

Yes but I'd rather not have the Championship swapped back and forth like it was in the late 90's. 

28 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey.

Y'all wanna see something wholesome? 

Right on! This reminds me of the video clip of AJ Lee crying when she met Lita.  :adorkable:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

And your winner of G1 Climax 33!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.881d119331955394b32c947c981a3b6d.png

For the third time, Tetsuya Naito has won the biggest tournament in wrestling, besting the defending champ. Kazuchika Okada in the final. He'll face the IWGP WHC (probably Sanada) in the main event of WK 18 next Jan 4th. Congrats to El Ignobernable on getting one more chance to win back what the pandemic took from him: the L.I.J. victory role call sounded off in the Tokyo Dome.

It was a long tournament. Many many matches. Convoluted rules. A few odd booking choices (*cough* NOAH guys get the shaft again *cough*). Lots of new faces. Too many freaking draws. It's only been two years and I'm already tired of the four block, half round robin, half single elimination tourney. Hopefully next year we're back to the traditional two block of twenty. At least BosTJ and NOAH's ongoing N1-Victory keep to the two block style. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

TIL Kenny Omega had an MMA career. 

And his debut was against The Beast. 

Jim Cornette would find a reason to say it's bad  just because Kenny's involved. :Cozy:/:P

On 2023-08-19 at 8:50 AM, TheRockARooster said:

I have a lot of things to get off my chest about AEW.

So, I'm gonna write a little rant soon about this company.

I'll need to be careful, if Tony Khan hears about this, he might cry and rant about me on Twitter. *sarcasm*

Ol' Pineapple hair Tony Khan looks totally sane. :P

On 2018-05-14 at 2:43 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Mother of Luna. 

Twenty nine minutes and thirty six seconds. 

That's how long it took 

Image result for all in sells out bullet club

to become

Image result for wcw souled out

And all of this

Image result for allstate arena

Is gonna be filled with this

Image result for Bullet club shirt

and probably a whole lot of this

Image result for superkicks shirt

Remember that?

Well the mad lads went and done it again. And they're not even done yet!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2023/08/20/aew-all-in-2023-breaks-all-time-tickets-distributed-record-set-by-wwe-wrestlemania-32/?sh=4ad9079d3caa 

image.thumb.png.94b4c2605213ed7ea48b2d4c8042d3c2.png

r/AEWOfficial - ITS OFFICIAL!!! THE RECORD HAS BEEN BROKEN WITH A WEEK TO GO!!

AEW now holds the record for the highest paid attendance of any wrestling show in history. 

All In has out sold WrestleMania. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I'm just looking forward to the main event (MJF vs Adam Cole). The rest of the card felt really shoddy, given also the lackluster card-building, for being such a long-awaited event.

I'm expecting a decent event at best. Not the showstealer AEW fans are thinking.

• Brohoof 1

What news to come home to. 

With all that he endured, Terry felt like the wrestler who could never die. He was like wrestling's Lemmy Kilmister, with a career like the Rolling Stones on top of it. He was one of the first to my knowledge that changed style from that blue collar amateur style to a rough and rugged death match brawler. You don't find many who lived and breathed this business like Terry Funk did. My condolences to his daughter, his brother. and the rest of the Funk family.  

Rest In Power, Terry. 

BORN ON THIS DAY : TERRY FUNK | PWZ

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

3 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

I’m in shock. I couldn’t believe it when I saw Triple H’s tweet about Bray. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. R.I.P Bray. You will be missed.

Rest in Peace, Bray Wyatt. May your legacy live on. :scoota-sad:

Dear Luna. First a member of the Funk family. And not even a day later, we lose a member of the Rotunda family. We heard of the health issues. We heard he was getting better. I don't think any of us had any idea how bad things were getting.

Windham Rotunda was damn creative. He feels like the most original man in wrestling. The passion he put into his character work. We were gonna see that artistic passion finally be put to wrestling canvas. He was only 36 years old. This hits just like Brodie Lee. 

Rest In Power, Bray Wyatt. 

WWE Elimination Chamber 2017 Review: You Deserve It! | 411MANIA

-Wyatt 6

And unfortunate the sad news doesn't stop there. 

[Mike Sempervive] Oh man. Very sad to see that former Jim Crockett Promotions announcer Rich Landrum has passed away at the age of 77. Rich was the ring announcer in Richmond for years and is best known for hosting World Wide Wrestling from 1978-1982.

[One of the great interviewers who helped pave the way for everyone from Meme Gene to Mike Tenay to Rene. A man who doesn't get enough credit for his contributions to JCP and it's early years. 

Rest in Power Rich Landrum. May your legacy live on. 

Rich Landrum Mid Atlantic Wrestling Announcer promo for ICW - YouTube

• Brohoof 1