Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Endeavor

Defender of Tomorrow

Crackshot perked up, and stood to attention as he noticed a griffon approaching the group. He was either a bounty hunter or a slaver, and he was ready for both; no doubt somepony would have stuck a price on the unicorn's head.

Instead, the larger beast landed behind Dashia and introduced himself, as a guardian for Dashia's group.

A gun-for-hire, like himself. He could respect that.

He loosened up, and raised a hoof for him to bump it. "Crackshot. Nice to see a fellow bounty hunter who's not trying to kill me." He snarked.

• Brohoof 2

The stripey chump introduced himself rather politely with a bow. The dirty looking unicorn hesitated for a moment before introducing himself as well. He rose his hoof towards me and seemed to want me to do something about it. Did he want me to shake? I could never really tell with equines, stumps for hands don't really give of any messages. I gave of a laugh before shaking his hoof. I recognized his face from a random poster board in Appaloosa. "The term mercenary applies more to me then bounty hunter. I appreciate pleasantries as much as the next griffon but we have a huge problem." I said as I pointed to the thunderhead.

Dyna was still feeling down, but she felt better when comforted by Dashia's wing. She felt like she had a family again, but tried to banish that particular thought of her head. She did not want to grow too attached, in case something bad happened. Yet she could not help it but dream on. 

Chip remained by the downed Sky wagon holding the blanket in his magic to leave Anna with her privacy. He looked around and could see the rest of his group reuniting with them, it made him happy to see them all even though he was worried that he didn't see Greshken. One he was an ally and two he's out somewhere in the wastes wielding a tank cannon Chip had refurbished. 

Chip's gaze returned to Crackshot who was introducing himself to the griffin, he was was most happy to see Crackshot was alright since he was the only friend he had out of the group besides Dashia.

Looking around still holding the blanket he could see that Dyna was finally calming down thanks to Dashia, it made him happy to see that but at the same time it saddened him that he didn't make anywhere near as much progress as Dashia did in helping Dyna. That thought in his mind made him feel a bit useless to those around him on an emotional level. "Well at least I can repair weapons... although Vice seems capable with that as well. Dashia knows engineering and we now have somepony skilled in medicine back. Is there really a reason why I'm here besides potential cannon fodder?" He thought to himself questioning his usefulness.

Crackshot raised an eyebrow, and glanced over to this 'problem' of theirs.

He blinked once before walking toward the downed skywagon. As he passed Dashia, he noticed a filly was tucked under her wing, like she was being protected.

He kept an eye on the filly for a few long seconds in his passing before turning his head to see Chip by the wreckage. A slight smirk appeared on his face upon seeing somepony he considered a friend.

"Thanks for not dying on us," He began, patting the unicorn's shoulder, "so, how'd it go on your end? Judging by the filly and griffon, who told me you brought a mother and her foal with you, apparently you didn't do too bad."

Chip smiled as he saw Crackshot heading in his direction still holding the blanket behind him. He smirked at Crackshot's comment, "well I can't leave you all alone with these guys otherwise somepony will kill you." He teased looking back at the blanket behind him that kept the privacy in place for Anna, Chip looked back to Crackshot. "Well we had a few bumps and the thunderhead where Dashia's family is suppose to be is on lock down and there are audible weapons to be heard from here. I also help deliver the foal into this world... let's just say I'm not looking forward to experiencing that again."

Chip planted a light punch on Crackshot's shoulder. "Glad to see you're still alive, I have expected your sharp tongue to get you in trouble. How was it on your end?" He asked still making sure the blanket stayed in place.

"I admit I am envious of your experience Chip, then again that could just be that I'm homesick." Ezekiel said with a sigh. He had helped delivered foals back home. He looked over the wreckage. "I am not sure if anything here matches my expertise, but if given proper instructions, I will do what needs."

Chip looked to Ezekiel chuckling to him. "Then I wish you were here in my stead earlier, Birthing a foal is not so much within my comfort zone." He said looking back at the blanket and back to the stallions before him. "Although I was glad I could help, it is a rather extraordinaire feeling... helping bring life into the world. It makes you feel like you had a purpose to be where you were standing at that moment, kind of a moment of serenity even with all the screaming and pain." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ezekiel smiled warmly. Whatever the stallions inclination towards such matters, he clearly felt a moment of near-religious purpose. Perhaps something he had been lacking in the uncertain pony the Shaman had meant.

"You have no idea." He said simply, Ezekiel put a hoof on his talisman.

Edited by Steel Accord

(edited)

"Could've been better," Crackshot admitted, rolling his eyes, "We lost the minotaur, but we gained a cyberpony." He nodded toward Xerath. "We found where he came from, some big cave-city thing somewhere; they blindfolded us so we wouldn't know where the hell it was."

He turned his head to Ezekiel to acknowledge his presence, and let the two talk for a bit.

"Hey," he piped up to Chip, nodding toward Dashia and the filly, "What's with the kid?"

Edited by Unicorncob

Chip looked over at the cyber pony that Crackshot gestured towards, the techie's eyes then lit up with curiosity completely forgetting about Greshken. "I see... do you think he'd let me tinker with his cybernetics?" He asked looking between Crackshot and the cyber pony. "First time I've actually met a cyber pony."

He looked over to Dyna who was still being comforted by Dashia. "Oh we found her in a cave with a rather unfriendly group of ponies, a hell hound attacked and some of them died. Many of them thought it was our fault... but Dyna there wanted to come with us because she took a liking to Dashia." He explained looking back to the two in front of him.

Chip and the gruff looking unicorn were practically best friends. Judging from their past that actually made sense of some sorts. I'm glad there friends, at least I don't have to watch him as closely as I would have. What sparked my interest no joke intended was the cyber pony that walked with them. Cybernetics albeit common were a commodity most could not afford. Only people O knew who worked with cybernetics were Red eye and the steel Rangers. The zebra himself was no one to overlook. His stripey coat was strangely clean. Did he come from a stable? I don't recall many stables if at all had zebras. I reorganized my thoughts as I tried to bring up our current predicament. "Apologies for cutting this reunion short but it seems we have to deal with the scariest robot built by pre war Equestria. I would love to discuss how we're even going to manage taking out that monster."

Anna didn't really like the fact that they were holding up the blanket, she could do what she needed to do discreetly without the blanket actually making it more obvious. It was a weird experience, that Anna didn't know she'd get used to easily, but alas... The baby was fed and it was nice to know she didn't have to hunt through the ruins for foal formula. Anna burped the little Zeus and held him over her shoulder as she walked out of the skywagon.

The rain seemed to stop, Anna held her newborn for the first time in the burnt air of the wastes. Zeus didn't seem to like it, he kept his face pressed against her while whimpering. He seemed cold, the scrawny newborn shivered with nothing but a diaper and his mom to keep him warm.

Crackshot listened to Chip's explanation, then nodded to him with a small smirk.

"You took out a hellhound? Not bad," He commented, then glanced back to the filly, "but are you sure it was wise bringing a kid out here?"

As if on ironic cue, a mare emerged from the blanket Chip was holding up, with a foal on her shoulder. 

"So you're the new mom, huh?" He spoke up to her, "Well, congratulations. Just watch the kid, the wasteland ain't exactly foal-friendly."

At the sight of the mother with her foal, Ezekiel lit up.

"Greetings new mother, blessed be. Ezekiel is what others call me." Ezekiel again raised his leg and bowed his head in greeting. "It is great news you've brought new life, into this world of death and strife." He greeted this new pony like the blessing he saw it as in a world otherwise so bleak.

(edited)

Chip looked back to Dyna and back to the ex-raider. "Well better then leaving her in a cave in hell hound territory." He stated looking back at the blanket when movement caught his eye. 

"Oh Anna you're finally finished, glad to see you two are well." He said taking the blanket down and begun folding it. "By the way you two this is Anna and I believe her foals name is Zues, Anna this is Ezekiel who already introduced himself and Crackshot... a few more members of our group." Chip introduced the two gesturing to them accordingly.

Chip soon had the blanket folded up and begun heading back to Dashia to return it to her and perhaps see how Dyna was feeling.

Edited by Chip Circuit

"I've been a mom for about 11 months now" Anna said, looking at the stranger "If I can survive a pregnancy out in the wastes, then he can survive his infancy. Us Belle's are strong ponies, he has blood in his veins that belonged to some very strong ponies... Especially his father"

Anna sighed and looked at her baby. So tiny, and not so happy. Maybe he'd feel better once they actually got him to a nurse or professional of some sort. She didn't really know what to do other than stroke him and look at him in awe. This was her baby, and it was hard to believe.

((OOC: Zebra babysitter to the rescue!))

Ezekiel stepped forward. "I trust that your foal is strong, you carried him through this world. Your little one is a story that has yet begun to unfurl." The little one started to whine. "I see the little one has started to fuss. May I try to help? I can calm a child's muss. I've been caring for foals since I was young, I actually consider it to be quite fun."

• Brohoof 1

I cringed as I found the party surrounding Anne and her foal. I sighed before walking over to them. Maybe I'm caring a little bit too much about something that wasn't exactly my problem. I guess I could understand the need of finding as much joy as possible instead of brooding over the worst case scenario. The zebra seemed to act like one of those voodoo witch doctors from the pre war comics. Either that meant something or I was being racist as hell. Since the topic of the welfare of the baby was the current norm I thought of something along the lines to say to the Pegasus. "The best place I can think of that has the closes thing to a pediatrician is tenpony tower. I suggest going there if you can." I said scratching the back of my neck.

Crackshot blinked. Anna? Zeus? The hell kinds of names were those?

"Zeus, huh?" He repeated, then shrugged, "Could do worse, I guess."

He raised an eyebrow as Ezekiel practically leapt to the foal's aid. This guy really liked kids.

Upon the griffon's mentioning of Tenpony Tower, the rough unicorn scowled. He did not like that place, and he hated the ponies in it even less.

But, if it was for the foal's sake, he supposed he could take being surrounded by some snooty ponies.

Celestia dammit, he cursed internally, then shook his head, You gave me far too much heart. He put a hoof to his heart pendant.

He turned to look at Anna. "You're the mom, so your call."

I cringed as I found the party surrounding Anne and her foal. I sighed before walking over to them. Maybe I'm caring a little bit too much about something that wasn't exactly my problem. I guess I could understand the need of finding as much joy as possible instead of brooding over the worst case scenario. The zebra seemed to act like one of those voodoo witch doctors from the pre war comics. Either that meant something or I was being racist as hell. Since the topic of the welfare of the baby was the current norm I thought of something along the lines to say to the Pegasus. "The best place I can think of that has the closes thing to a pediatrician is tenpony tower. I suggest going there if you can." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Nonsense. I have the experience and expertise of the trade, Mother Laurel, a caretaker, of me, she made." The zebra proudly proclaimed. He turned to Anna. "I won't object if Tenpony is your best course, but I can still help with Zeus in the meantime, it is seriously no chore." He smiled warmly.

• Brohoof 1

The dirty looking unicorn face showed he didn't like tenpony as much as the next wastelanders would have. Did he not like the place or did he just dislike the ponies living there? In the end he left the choice to Anne. The striped one proudly stated he was skilled in the art of child care. "I'm not doubting your abilities there zebra. But I believe doctor helping hoof is a bit more qualified then you." I said in a light hearted tone.

Aile

Aile smiled as they were finally reunited with the ponies she learned to call friends, it was certainly the only thing she was looking forward to, especially after having traveled with a suspicious cyberpony that hardly talked. What perked her interest even more was that not only did she return to her friends but new ponies as well, and a griffon. She didn't exactly approve or believe that the griffon was "hired" by them, if she could tell there was anything wrong it had to be the stale air that lingered between him and the rest of her companions. Tossing those bad and probably poor thoughts about the fellow, she redirected her attention to the new pony, or rather the new mother for that matter. Using her best stealth skills, she snooped over to the crash site to not only get away from the cyberpony but to catch a glimpse of the new pony. 

Barely peeking her head over all the ponies that crowded the crash site, she had caught a glimpse of the mother and her child, both of them looked malnourished and in bad shape physically, however, emotionally they probably were the happiest anypony could be in such a desolate place. She stepped back from the site and distanced herself a little, and took her spot on an empty rock that was nearby. It was rather easy to get caught up in the miracle of new life, but the information that they had received by the griffon earlier was not something that sat well, especially since Dashia seemed to be so lax about her home getting torn apart. She sighed and stared at her companions, hoping that they would soon discuss a plan of attack before it was too late.

Xerath

The cyberpony sighed as all the ponies that he traveled with were so quick to ditch him, and how could he blame them? They had gotten off on a bad hoof to begin with and since neither parties wanted to make an effort to mend old wounds this was just the way it was going to be. He didn't think much of the looks her had gotten, he had always gotten them when he wasn't incognito. The only thing that had perked his interest was the speak of an ultra sentinel, if they could somehow disable it without it sustaining too much damage he could use some of its parts, particularly the core for upgrades. He waited at the edge of the crash site and slid his hood over his head once more, waiting for the ponies to cease with their meaningless activities.

Anna looks at her baby, he looked so miserable. He pressed his face against her, as if he was trying to hide his eyes from the dim light. Zeus also shivered, and Anna felt bad because of all the things she had, she didn't have a blanket small enough to swaddle him in. She remembered back to the vault and how the newborns were pampered and spoiled. Her mother, the overseer, always said 'Funny enough, having foals here is our main goal! It's a shame I only had one. I have no objection to procreation...' followed by a chuckle. Other people said that they were the future of the Vault and the wasteland, and their home was one of the few places where they could be healthy. Most foals were injected with all sorts of vaccines and medicines, so much so that they'd become immune to almost all wasteland disease. Anna was one of the foals, Zeus was not.

"Back when I lived in the vault..." Anna began, "Our foals were treated with vaccines of all sorts to protect them from the harshness of the wasteland. We did so for a reason, infants don't survive easily out here... especially the small and weak ones. If I'd need to leave the group to do this, I would, but I'm thinking that the best choice is to go to this doctor... in this tower... He may not have what my vault had, but he must have something."

Anna picked up her sword while still cradling the baby pegasus. He grumbled and squirmed a little bit as she bent down to pick it up. Afterwards she held him closer, wrapping both arms around him. "Zeus is one of the weak ones. Small, frail, and definitely not happy. I'm almost afraid that he's already sick. I have no means of protecting him... Running up with a sword to raiders with a baby? That's a big no, I'd need something concealed that I could fire from a distance in case of attack. I'm not prepared at all to travel, this place probably would have things I could buy to prepare myself... I do have quite a few caps"

Anna walked over to the blanket she had been using the in the wagon, she comes back to the group while still holding Zeus. Putting him on her back, the mother wrapped the blanket around herself tightly, then took Zeus by the scruff and also wrapped it around him. It made a makeshift carrier on her chest, supporting the tiny foal quite tightly around her. He could hear her heartbeat and would be warm now. Anna walked away from the group and opened up her wings, looking at Ezkeil.

"I don't doubt your abilities, but I do doubt you have the medicines or vaccines a pediatrician has" She then turned to the group "It seems there's trouble ahead, trouble I can't help you with and is a huge risk to me and the baby in such a vulnerable state. I hope we reunite, but I have to do this... it's my duty as a mother, and as Dashia said, new life here in the wasteland is a gift, something that has to be protected. Whoever wants to come with me, can... Any candidates? I'd need directions"

(edited)

Dashia steps up to her. "Let me see your pipbuck. I have the tag for Ten pony. Stick to your flight. You should be safest. By flight it should be a day's travel at most. I wish I could go with you, but my family needs me."

Dashia holds up a cord used to link pipbucks. She awaits her response.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora